PDA

View Full Version : Notre Dame

Steve Kerr
09-11-2010, 06:21 PM
:lmao

ginobili's bald spot
09-11-2010, 08:21 PM
Michigan just beating the cupcakes on their schedule that they're supposed to beat.

benefactor
09-11-2010, 08:42 PM
lol acting like you have the winning TD then shitting the bed a minute later.

LoneStarState'sPride
09-12-2010, 07:28 AM
Go blue!!!!!!!!!

sa_butta
09-14-2010, 02:05 PM
Great win for us, at least for now seems like "shoelace" is the real deal...Perfect for Rich Rod offense...Only problem with Michigan is the defensive secondary...

DarkReign
09-14-2010, 02:45 PM
Only problem with Michigan is the defensive secondary...

...and the kicking game...

...and the offense outside one guy who cant possibly keep up this pace...

...and the Big10 schedule.

Steve Kerr
09-14-2010, 03:15 PM
Great win for us, at least for now seems like "shoelace" is the real deal...Perfect for Rich Rod offense...Only problem with Michigan is the defensive secondary...
And the fact they probably woulda lost by multiple possessions had Dane Christ not been injured while Michigan scored 21 straight points.

JamStone
09-14-2010, 03:30 PM
...and the kicking game...

...and the offense outside one guy who cant possibly keep up this pace...

...and the Big10 schedule.

Holy shit, their special teams are atrocious. A place kicker who looks like he won't be able to kick a field goal outside of 25 yards. And a punter who will be lucky if he averages 25 yards per punt. Definitely not good. Their running backs look putrid. Their best receivers are 5'9 or shorter. The defense gives up huge plays and will get shredded by any competent offense.

That said, I'll take the 2-0 start and the win in South Bend. Not like ND is some great ranked team. But winning at South Bend and needing a game winning drive in the final minutes of the game does give me some hope.

But there are huge, huge holes everywhere on that roster that will get exposed during this season. If they beat teams they are capable of beating, they should go 7-5. Stealing a game they shouldn't win and going 8-4 would be a great season imo.

And the fact they probably woulda lost by multiple possessions had Dane Christ not been injured while Michigan scored 21 straight points.

Agreed. Crist going down completely turned the fortunes of this game. Crist looked like a surgeon in that first drive and carved up the Michigan defense. I will say this though. Had Crist not gone down and the score was something like 20-14 Notre Dame at half, I do think Michigan plays a lot differently in the second half. Rich Rod was almost content going a first down or two and then punting every possession. They played it pretty conservatively. And when they needed it, they went down for a nice, long drive to win the game. If Crist doesn't go down, I do think Notre Dame wins. But I do think that the complexion of the second half completely changes because the score would have been different.

Steve Kerr
09-14-2010, 03:54 PM
As much as his injury helped Michigan I still think Notre Dame has themselves to blame even with the injury. Michael Floyd is by far ND's most talented skill position player and they did a shit job trying to get him the ball. He didn't have a terrible game on paper but with Michigans secondary he shoulda easily had 100+ yards, contrast that with how much Dick Rod found ways to try and get Odoms the ball.

Notre Dame's defensive play calling was also terrible.T heir SS shoulda basically been a linebacker as the 8th guy in the box, and Matei T'eo shoulda been QB spying on every play as their best tackling/most athletic linebacker. Robinson shouldn't have been able to play to his strengths as much as he did, ND's gameplan shoulda been force Michigans receivers to beat man coverage and test Robinson's arm/decision making under pressure. I guess this gameplan is easier said than done when ND's best safety was injured but the amount of dropping into zone ND did made no sense.

JamStone
09-14-2010, 04:23 PM
Denard's first TD pass might have slightly changed their gameplan. After Notre Dame turned the ball over that first time. The very next possession for Michigan, Denard looked like he was taking a QB draw, took a step or two towards the line of scrimmage, then threw a pass in the middle of the field to a wide open receiver. I think it was Roundtree. That wrinkle right there probably led to ND playing softer than they did at the line of scrimmage for much of the rest of the game. Roundtree was wide ass open and it was about 10-15 yards past the line of scrimmage. No one was there for the ND secondary.

ND definitely needed a spy or bandit on Denard the whole game. But like you said, easier said than done.

rjv
09-14-2010, 04:28 PM
notre dame's biggest issue is that they have not been able to field a team with speed on the defensive side of the ball for years. this year's unit is no different.

kskonn
09-14-2010, 05:15 PM
Well as a ND fan I was sad to see them lose the game, however it looks like they are at least heading in a positive direction, and I really like BK. He said himself in the post game press conference that they blew some defensive calls and that it was going to take time to get the team where they needed to be. I do think that the defense should have been playing more man coverage,which they did in the second half, so far the corner backs on the defense have proven to be a strength and should have been able to handle man coverage with a safety over the top. As long as they keep improving and have realistic expectations I will be happy. It will be interesting to see where they are at when they play stanford. I don't think their defense is slow, most teams are going to struggle with covering and playing against Denard Robinson, the guy is an efficient passer with Chris Johnson speed.He is going to "Vince Young" a lot of teams this year.

200 miles
09-14-2010, 07:26 PM
It's official: ND needs a Locker/Tebow-like QB to contend for a title.

'Nuff said. :hat

DesignatedT
09-14-2010, 08:24 PM
Michigan state is about to wreck the irish this week as well.

Marklar MM
09-14-2010, 09:24 PM
Michigan state is about to wreck the irish this week as well.

State is going to get wrecked. You think Michigan has a bad defense...MSU is worse.

Marklar MM
09-14-2010, 10:17 PM
Denard's first TD pass might have slightly changed their gameplan. After Notre Dame turned the ball over that first time. The very next possession for Michigan, Denard looked like he was taking a QB draw, took a step or two towards the line of scrimmage, then threw a pass in the middle of the field to a wide open receiver. I think it was Roundtree. That wrinkle right there probably led to ND playing softer than they did at the line of scrimmage for much of the rest of the game. Roundtree was wide ass open and it was about 10-15 yards past the line of scrimmage. No one was there for the ND secondary.

ND definitely needed a spy or bandit on Denard the whole game. But like you said, easier said than done.

Might as well get used to it. Any time the linebackers bite on the qb run or the fake screen pass, the receivers will be wide open...saw it against Notre Dame, and you saw it against UCONN. Heck...the receivers are so open, its not even funny. Robinson just has to see them better. If he gets decent with the long ball, this offense will be unstoppable...especially when they get a home run threat running back.

You can't stop this offense unless you can absolutely fluster the quarterback...Michigan's line is good enough where that won't happen very often. The only teams that can do this, IMO, are Ohio State and Wisconsin. Iowa will stay in their base package like they always do...don't think Penn State will be able to do much either.

samikeyp
09-15-2010, 06:06 AM
State is going to get wrecked. You think Michigan has a bad defense...MSU is worse.

True....MSU is horrible especially in the secondary. I like their linebackers but that is about it. Plus, even though they are 2-0, they have looked like they are just going through the motions...no passion, no heart. As much as I would love to see Not worth a Dam get bitchslapped, I don't see it happening.

Marklar MM
09-15-2010, 08:37 AM
True....MSU is horrible especially in the secondary. I like their linebackers but that is about it. Plus, even though they are 2-0, they have looked like they are just going through the motions...no passion, no heart. As much as I would love to see Not worth a Dam get bitchslapped, I don't see it happening.

Basically put, its Worthy on the d-line and their linebackers. They have nothing else on D. maybe one or two other decent lineman.

LakerHater
09-19-2010, 12:05 AM
qrNz1Gs-HSE

Spursfan092120
09-19-2010, 12:05 AM
good call :tu

vander
09-19-2010, 09:14 PM
EVERY SINGLE ND Game goes to the wire, they make for some good TV

K-State Spur
09-19-2010, 10:45 PM
qrNz1Gs-HSE

pretty lame complaint. that happens numerous times in a given game because the official has to see "00" (he can't anticipate it) and then look down to see if the ball has been snapped.

to complaint about a half second delay in an untimed OT is just whiny crap.

DarkReign
09-21-2010, 09:39 AM
pretty lame complaint. that happens numerous times in a given game because the official has to see "00" (he can't anticipate it) and then look down to see if the ball has been snapped.

I dont think LakerHater is complaining, per say, but if so, yeah...agreed.

Moreover, the clock on TV in no way represents the clock in the stadium, or even the official clock in the ref's pocket.

rjv
09-21-2010, 09:45 AM
ND will have a rough year. that defense has to get better.

K-State Spur
09-24-2010, 09:52 AM

Moreover, the clock on TV in no way represents the clock in the stadium, or even the official clock in the ref's pocket.

My post was not really directed at LakerHater - whoever made that video was clearly registering a complaint.

Lee Corso
09-26-2010, 09:49 PM
Not so fast my friend!

LakerHater
09-26-2010, 11:22 PM

Nah I wasn't complaining!

rjv
09-27-2010, 09:45 AM
the irish are awful. NBC has to be wondering how they can get out of their terrible deal with ND.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-28-2010, 09:30 AM
Well, Charlies Weiss has helped the Chiefs to 3-0 while Notre Dame is 1-3......the secret.....Kansas City doesn't make Weiss have to worry about the little things such as walking:

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/imported_assets/523086/chiefspm1_sp_081510_dre_0568f.standalone.prod_affi liate.81.jpg

symple19
09-29-2010, 09:25 AM
Well, Charlies Weiss has helped the Chiefs to 3-0 while Notre Dame is 1-3......the secret.....Kansas City doesn't make Weiss have to worry about the little things such as walking:

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/imported_assets/523086/chiefspm1_sp_081510_dre_0568f.standalone.prod_affi liate.81.jpg

bwaaaahahahahahahahahaha

gotta admit though, that fatty has done wonders for the Chiefs