PDA

View Full Version : I'm coming to San Antonio (from Australia) - Where is the best place to buy tickets?

mosdef17
09-11-2010, 07:48 PM
Just after some general advise, I'm coming to San Antonio in January to finally see my team play after following them fanatically from Australia the past decade. Just wanting to know should I wait for individual game tickets to go on sale on ticketmaster? Or, is it better to buy tickets from sites like barrystickets.com, stubhub.com, realgmtix.com etc?

The two games I will be in town for are;

January 14th vs. Dallas
January 16th vs. Denver

For one of those games (most likely the Denver game) I want to spend a fair bit and get some really decent seats. Any advise would be much appreciated!

urunobili
09-11-2010, 07:56 PM
tickets wont go on sale until OCT 3rd. I recommend you go to Spurs.com and follow the get ticket options there. g'luck

benefactor
09-11-2010, 08:20 PM
I use Stubhub and have never had any issues.

Galileo
09-11-2010, 08:39 PM
bump!

phxspurfan
09-11-2010, 08:51 PM
I used craigslist to buy mine and got them for cheap.

DesignatedT
09-11-2010, 08:57 PM
spurs.com right when they go on sale and you won't have to deal with brokers marking up prices. If you don't get them in time (because they will go pretty fast, especially dallas) and you want local san antonio than www.alamotickets.com is always good and reliable and has tons of spurs tickets.

Dex
09-11-2010, 09:09 PM
www.nba.com/spurs/tickets/
www.ticketmaster.com
www.stubhub.com
www.ticketsnow.com
www.ebay.com
www.craigslist.org

DynastySpurs210
09-11-2010, 10:12 PM
craigslist?

spurs10
09-11-2010, 10:19 PM
If you buy them at spurs.com, you can see a seating chart. They also have a program that gives you a virtual view of the court from your seats. Have a great time!

mosdef17
09-12-2010, 06:28 AM
Thanks for all the advice guys. Is the prices of tickets on Spurs.com much cheaper then sites like stubhub etc? The prices on those sites seem to differ greatly depending on the opponent. E.g vs. Minny it's cheap and then vs. Dallas it's expensive. I know that Spurs.com tickets wouldn't change in price depending on the opponent, but, are they much cheaper then those other sites?

Mel_13
09-12-2010, 10:24 AM
The two games I will be in town for are;

January 14th vs. Dallas
January 16th vs. Denver

For one of those games (most likely the Denver game) I want to spend a fair bit and get some really decent seats. Any advise would be much appreciated!

1. Supply and demand dictates prices. The demand for the Dallas game (Friday night, division rival, Dallas fans coming to SA for the game) will be much greater than the demand for the Denver game. So, your best bet for getting close to action for a decent price will be the Denver game.

2. There will be at least 2 pre-sales before tickets go on sale to the general public on October 3rd. You can't get in on the pre-sale for season ticket holders, but you can get in on the other one. Go to Spurs.com and sign up for E-news (box on the middle right of the page). They'll send you an e-mail with a password for a pre-sale several days before tickets go on sale to the general public.

3. Tickets purchased on Spurs.com are sold at face value plus ticketmaster fees. Any decent tickets you buy now on the secondary market will be sold at a premium. If you don't buy the tickets at spurs.com, there's no reason to rush to buy your tickets. Follow the prices at stubhub, ebay, etc. and wait until you find the right deal. Realistically, you should have no problem getting seats directly from the Spurs.

4. Call the Spurs and tell them that you're coming all the way from Australia to see your favorite team. Here's a number to group sales (210-444-5959). They may just tell you to wait, but they just may be able to sell you some good seats without going through normal channels.

Good luck!

LongtimeSpursFan
09-12-2010, 02:20 PM
As a season ticket holder we get the option to buy tickets for upcoming coming before the general public. I will usually buy extra tickets for 'premium' games and sell them at the same price as your would via Spurs.com. Its a win-win situation for buyer as they get great seats at the same price they would pay online.

ehz33satx
09-12-2010, 09:50 PM
It would be cheapest if you buy your tickets at the ticket sales booths right outside the att center. Go on spurs.com to see virtual views of seats in your price range first. I live right downtown 1/2 block from the Riverwalk. Maybe I can give you several suggestions on what to do and where to go while in S.A.

mosdef17
09-13-2010, 03:16 AM
It would be cheapest if you buy your tickets at the ticket sales booths right outside the att center. Go on spurs.com to see virtual views of seats in your price range first. I live right downtown 1/2 block from the Riverwalk. Maybe I can give you several suggestions on what to do and where to go while in S.A.

Yeah, unfortunately I'm coming to San Antonio as part of a trip where I'm doing about 9 cities in 45 days across the country. I'll be in San Antonio only for 3 days (14th, 15th and 16th of Jan) so I won't be able to buy tickets at the booth. Well, I might if it's not sold out. But, I don't want to come all that way and risk not being able to get tickets. Any suggestions as to what I should check out while I'm in San Antonio would be awesome too. I obviously know to check out the Riverwalk. But, besides that, am not sure what else is a must-do in SA.

Thanks to everyone else for their help too, I'm slowly going through all the websites and weighing up my options. I'm signed up the e-news through Spurs.com and think I will wait for tickets to go on sale through Spurs.com before I pull the trigger on any tickets.

mosdef17
09-13-2010, 03:17 AM
1. Supply and demand dictates prices. The demand for the Dallas game (Friday night, division rival, Dallas fans coming to SA for the game) will be much greater than the demand for the Denver game. So, your best bet for getting close to action for a decent price will be the Denver game.

2. There will be at least 2 pre-sales before tickets go on sale to the general public on October 3rd. You can't get in on the pre-sale for season ticket holders, but you can get in on the other one. Go to Spurs.com and sign up for E-news (box on the middle right of the page). They'll send you an e-mail with a password for a pre-sale several days before tickets go on sale to the general public.

3. Tickets purchased on Spurs.com are sold at face value plus ticketmaster fees. Any decent tickets you buy now on the secondary market will be sold at a premium. If you don't buy the tickets at spurs.com, there's no reason to rush to buy your tickets. Follow the prices at stubhub, ebay, etc. and wait until you find the right deal. Realistically, you should have no problem getting seats directly from the Spurs.

4. Call the Spurs and tell them that you're coming all the way from Australia to see your favorite team. Here's a number to group sales (210-444-5959). They may just tell you to wait, but they just may be able to sell you some good seats without going through normal channels.

Good luck!

Thats awesome to know Mel, thanks for all of that, much appreciated!

Mel_13
09-16-2010, 08:08 PM
Pre-sale dates and passwords for participating NBA teams:

http://www.nba.com/allaccess/pre_sale.html

mosdef17
09-22-2010, 09:08 AM
Anyone by some off chance actually have tickets they would be willing to sell to me to help me out. The original post has the dates/games I will be in San Antonio. I'm guessing all season ticket holders will attend as they are weekend games and games vs. good teams.

Obstructed_View
09-22-2010, 12:12 PM
If you're coming from Australia, I recommend you buy tickets at an airport. ;)

Hope you have a great time here. :toast

LongtimeSpursFan
09-23-2010, 12:53 AM
Check your PM. I'm always willing to help out a fellow Spurstalk member.

JP le Requin
12-28-2010, 10:00 PM
Check your PM. I'm always willing to help out a fellow Spurstalk member.

hi!, me too i would like infos..i am coming back for the 4th & 6th of march...with my father from, we come from france..
and i wish to buy 2 tickets each games...

thanks

The_Worlds_finest
12-28-2010, 10:09 PM
U on oceanic 815, I'm flying in too

robino2001
12-29-2010, 11:12 AM
hi!, me too i would like infos..i am coming back for the 4th & 6th of march...with my father from, we come from france..
and i wish to buy 2 tickets each games...

thanks

Yikes... you might need to sell your return tickets to France to have enough money for those two games...

JP le Requin
12-29-2010, 11:47 AM
lol i work hard in my life and go to watch a spurs game only 4 times in 29 years..il will do sacrifices

JP le Requin
12-29-2010, 11:48 AM
and US dollards is less "expensive" than euro...when you buy 1 ticket i can get almost 1,75 tickets with the conversion

pookenstein
12-29-2010, 11:55 AM
U on oceanic 815, I'm flying in too

:lolDon't get lost man.

LongtimeSpursFan
01-11-2011, 02:07 PM
Yikes... you might need to sell your return tickets to France to have enough money for those two games...

Yeah Spurs raised their prices big time for those two game. I bought lower level tix for Heat and Lakers and paid almost twice the season ticket holder price. Upper level tickets are almost all over $100.

CubanMustGo
01-11-2011, 02:27 PM
Yeah Spurs raised their prices big time for those two game. I bought lower level tix for Heat and Lakers and paid almost twice the season ticket holder price. Upper level tickets are almost all over $100.

On Stubhub right now:
3/4 cHeat from $47
3/6 Lakers from $47

but they are a LOT higher than other games (e.g. you can get tix to the Raptors game next week from $2)

JP le Requin
01-11-2011, 07:20 PM
i had my tickets 4 days ago!! i have plane tickets too!!
now i have to rent a car ( i would like a mustang...@ houston airport)
and to to find hotel/motel close to downtown with breakfast and not expensive...

any ideas?

DPG21920
02-13-2014, 06:29 PM
Bump

Coming to SA from Canada for a few games, only staying 2 nights. Can anyone recommend a good location or specific hotel that close enough to city life and the arena? Price range about $150-200 a night.

Please and thanks.

For me, I would definitely stay Downtown/Riverwalk. That's right in downtown and it will be where you spend your time after the game anyways. Since the stadium is not in downtown for stupid reasons, it's still the place to stay because it's not that far away and you can cab it or some hotels will bus you (I think).

There are several nice hotels there as well: La Mansion, Westin Riverwalk & Hotel Valencia

Mel_13
02-13-2014, 06:38 PM
Bump

Coming to SA from Canada for a few games, only staying 2 nights. Can anyone recommend a good location or specific hotel that close enough to city life and the arena? Price range about $150-200 a night.

Please and thanks.

1. Which 2 nights?

2. What is your definition of "close enough"?

3. Will you have a rental car?

Mel_13
02-13-2014, 06:52 PM
Then DPG's advice makes sense. The cab from the airport to downtown will be quite a bit more than $10 and I don't believe any of the Riverwalk hotels have airport shuttles. Forget about public transportation.

Still, if you're not renting a car, the Riverwalk area is your best bet. Short cab ride to the arena and walking distance to plenty of places to eat and drink.

Check the major hotel groups (Starwood, Hilton, Marriott, IHG) for deals on your weekend.

EVAY
02-13-2014, 08:55 PM
I've never had a problem getting tickets online from the Spurs.com site where it says 'tickets'. That is a place where season ticket holders sell their tickets and so they are some of the best seats in the house. This may be repetition from others, not sure… but if you contact the spurs team, I bet they would try to get you the best tickets they can get you. If you are trying to figure out what is a good seat, go to the at&t center website for the layout of the arena and you can tell how good the seats are. I liked being across from the spurs bench…but my season tickets for 12 years was 20 rows up from the visitors' bench and they were always good seats.

Best of luck to you…go spurs go!!

EVAY
02-13-2014, 08:59 PM
Honest, you need to get a limo driver or something…cabs are sporadic and undependable. River City limo and/or Carey limo (they are not really limos- just nice cars with drivers who will wait for you to get out and who know the area very very well) are good contacts. Stan is the guy's name is the part owner and a decent guy and won't kill you with prices. Your hotel concierge should be able to help you, too.

hsxvvd
02-13-2014, 09:29 PM
54 days until I leave to come across to do the Texas Triangle! @ Dallas, v. Phoenix, @ Houston.

I used Stubhub and am staying at the LaQuinta Inn Market Square... across the street from Mi Tierra's. (But I've rented a car)

I'm travelling solo and happy to catch up with any spurstalkers while I'm there.

HI-FI
02-13-2014, 09:43 PM
I'm actually going to a game....finally. It will be coming up. Appreciate some of the intel, I was thinking of starting a thread but figured there are tons of these threads already.

So is driving and parking at the AT&T Center pretty easy? Any good parking areas or is it all self explanatory? Just don't want to pay too much in parking.

DeadlyDynasty
02-13-2014, 09:49 PM
You'll be more appreciative of home after you've been to San Antonio.

Mel_13
02-13-2014, 09:52 PM
I'm actually going to a game....finally. It will be coming up. Appreciate some of the intel, I was thinking of starting a thread but figured there are tons of these threads already.

So is driving and parking at the AT&T Center pretty easy? Any good parking areas or is it all self explanatory? Just don't want to pay too much in parking.

Plenty of parking:

http://www.attcenter.com/plan-your-visit/parking-maps

HI-FI
02-13-2014, 10:09 PM
Plenty of parking:

http://www.attcenter.com/plan-your-visit/parking-maps
:tu
thanks

EVAY
02-14-2014, 10:16 AM
You'll be more appreciative of home after you've been to San Antonio.

:lol. So true, so true.

lauren_gino20
02-27-2016, 11:59 AM
Bump

:bobo