PDA

View Full Version : Damn, New England really sucks!

monosylab1k
09-12-2010, 02:40 PM
Clearly a team on the decline :lmao

slick'81
09-12-2010, 02:41 PM
lol bengals

DPG21920
09-12-2010, 02:41 PM
I can't see that game, does Cin look terrible?

monosylab1k
09-12-2010, 02:42 PM
to be fair, cincy has looked alot better in the 2nd half after it was 31-3 and every minute has been garbage time.

badfish22
09-12-2010, 02:43 PM
the gap just widening

monosylab1k
09-12-2010, 02:44 PM
tbh Pat Chung is THAT nigga

monosylab1k
09-12-2010, 02:45 PM
Jerod "Ray Lewis 2.0" Mayo also

badfish22
09-12-2010, 02:50 PM
week 1 thread please

monosylab1k
09-12-2010, 02:52 PM
week 1 thread please

sorry I lost track of the "June OTA's when everyone's in Underarmor thread"

badfish22
09-12-2010, 02:54 PM
those threads never existed tbh.

But please, we have a week 1 thread. Lets try to not make unnecessary threads.

SpursFanFirst
09-12-2010, 02:55 PM
Clearly a team on the decline :lmao

Is this for real? I haven't seen anything other than the 4th of the Colts game.

monosylab1k
09-12-2010, 02:55 PM
how bout I do what I want and you go back to dancing like a monkey so the rest of the Krew will still like you.

monosylab1k
09-12-2010, 02:56 PM
Is this for real? I haven't seen anything other than the 4th of the Colts game.

it was over at halftime but Cincy has looked pretty decent in the 2nd half. if they didn't get off to such a terrible start it might have been kinda competitive.

badfish22
09-12-2010, 02:56 PM
how bout I do what I want
:lmao

monosylab1k
09-12-2010, 02:58 PM
now we'll see if NE is in 07 mode and decides to score the meaningless "Fuck You" touchdown.

monosylab1k
09-12-2010, 02:58 PM
signs point to yes

monosylab1k
09-12-2010, 03:08 PM
nope, couldn't get it in.

not 07 enough

Steve Kerr
09-12-2010, 03:22 PM
Thank god Gronk had that gimmick touchdown or badfish woulda made a "lmao Gronk" thread.

badfish22
09-12-2010, 03:30 PM
:lol Gronk with 1 yard

Steve Kerr
09-12-2010, 03:31 PM
:lol talking shit about someone who got a touchdown

badfish22
09-12-2010, 03:35 PM
best 1 yd performance of all time tbh :lol

Steve Kerr
09-12-2010, 03:36 PM
well there's no way a 1 yard performance could be any better :lmao

badfish22
09-12-2010, 03:37 PM
thats why I said tbh tbh

IronMexican
09-12-2010, 03:39 PM
Gronk is going to have an illustrious offensive career along the lines of Mike Vrabel.

monosylab1k
09-12-2010, 03:44 PM
Gronk is going to have an illustrious offensive career along the lines of Mike Vrabel.

crofl he's still done more than Heyward Bey has.

jack sommerset
09-12-2010, 05:07 PM
LOL@Moss

Selfish fuck had a press conference after the game. Highlites should be on ESPN tonight.

Steve Kerr
09-12-2010, 05:12 PM
How is Moss a selfish fuck?

jack sommerset
09-12-2010, 05:21 PM
Had NOTHING to do with the Bengals/win.. just about him not returning next year and not being "appreciated"

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

Steve Kerr
09-12-2010, 05:24 PM
Had NOTHING to do with the Bengals/win.. just about him not returning next year and not being "appreciated"

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!
He's been less of a baby about his contract than nearly all recent Patriots players with contract issues, so I don't really blame him. He deserves a contract extension.

jack sommerset
09-12-2010, 05:29 PM
He's been less of a baby about his contract than nearly all recent Patriots players with contract issues, so I don't really blame him. He deserves a contract extension.

AWESOME. There is a right way to go about it and a wrong way. Moss is the later.

Steve Kerr
09-12-2010, 05:31 PM
AWESOME. There is a right way to go about it and a wrong way. Moss is the later.
He's still playing hard when a lot of other players would be holding out. Whining about it through the media isn't necessary but as long as he's playing hard you can't really take issue with how he's handling it.

SAtown
09-12-2010, 05:32 PM
Pats goin into new meadowlands next week with some confidence, which makes tomorrow's Jets game a must win (yes, in week 1). Going down 0-2 means end of season

jack sommerset
09-12-2010, 05:34 PM
He's still playing hard when a lot of other players would be holding out. Whining about it through the media isn't necessary but as long as he's playing hard you can't really take issue with how he's handling it.

You have to be careful about saying Moss always plays hard. That hasn't always been the case.

Steve Kerr
09-12-2010, 05:35 PM
You have to be careful about saying Moss always plays hard. That hasn't always been the case.
As long as he's been in New England it has.

jack sommerset
09-12-2010, 05:41 PM
As long as he's been in New England it has.

Not according to the Panthers.

http://www.footballnewsnow.com/2009/did-randy-moss-quit-on-new-england-patriots/

Steve Kerr
09-12-2010, 05:44 PM
All of his teammates respect him and have never accused him of anything. You're retarded if you think he doesn't play hard because some players on a team said so after the were butthurt losing to Moss's team.

jack sommerset
09-12-2010, 05:52 PM
All of his teammates respect him and have never accused him of anything. You're retarded if you think he doesn't play hard because some players on a team said so after the were butthurt losing to Moss's team.

Dude, chillout. He has quit on teams before. You said he never did as a Patriot but a real NFL team said he did. Please don't say every teammate he has ever had respects him. He quit on some of them.

Steve Kerr
09-12-2010, 05:55 PM
Dude, chillout. He has quit on teams before. You said he never did as a Patriot but a real NFL team said he did. Please don't say every teammate he has ever had respects him. He quit on some of them.
I'm saying all of his teammates (as in current Patriot players). I really don't care about what he's done in the past (he obviously quit in Oakland), but as long as he's been in New England, he's been nothing short of a model citizen and a great teammate.

IronMexican
09-12-2010, 06:24 PM
>Moss's

Steve Kerr
09-12-2010, 06:24 PM
:lol being that obsessed with me you criticize my grammar

Dave Mustaine
09-12-2010, 07:23 PM
:lol being that obsessed with me you criticize my grammar

He's not obsessed with you to the point of posting about him if he doesn't show up the minute his team's game is over.

midnightpulp
09-12-2010, 07:30 PM
Moss's is correct usage.

Steve Kerr
09-12-2010, 08:57 PM
He's not obsessed with you to the point of posting about him if he doesn't show up the minute his team's game is over.
lol widening the gap

Dave Mustaine
09-12-2010, 09:10 PM
lol thinking about me while not online

Steve Kerr
09-12-2010, 09:11 PM
So how wide is the gap looking?

Dave Mustaine
09-12-2010, 09:12 PM
lol giving cowboy fans shit about proclaiming Dez Bryant as the new GOAT whilst celebrating the week 1 superbowl.

Dave Mustaine
09-12-2010, 09:13 PM
Plus the last time the Colts' run D was this bad they won the SB, so no worries, tbh.

Steve Kerr
09-12-2010, 09:13 PM
talking shit and celebrating a week 1 superbowl are different things :lol

It's not like you won't be able to talk shit next week if Indy wins and NE loses.

Dave Mustaine
09-12-2010, 09:19 PM
tbh I'm just glad Bernard Pollard didn't Pollardize anyone on the Colts. He should also get some decent smack talk for the Colts/Texans next game.

SM2z8PGozxU

Steve Kerr
09-12-2010, 09:21 PM
Tbh tho I can't wait for the Indy NE game. Both teams have shitball defenses and great offenses.

monosylab1k
09-12-2010, 10:35 PM
Not according to the Panthers.

http://www.footballnewsnow.com/2009/did-randy-moss-quit-on-new-england-patriots/

crofl that's a lie thrown out there by asshurt Panther CB's who just got their ass beat by the Patriots.

Belichick would NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER defend a player that just quit on his team, and he defended Moss harder than he's ever defended a Pats player in the past.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2009/12/belichick_defen_1.html

even Merril fucking Hoge dispelled that myth.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2009/12/merril-hoge-randy-moss-did-not-quit-on-the-patriots-vs-panthers/1

so get the fuck outta here with that bullshit.

Trainwreck2100
09-12-2010, 10:43 PM
http://i56.tinypic.com/2lcy63k.gif

ray lewis thinks they do

san antonio spurs
09-12-2010, 10:56 PM
http://i56.tinypic.com/2lcy63k.gif

ray lewis thinks they do

:lol
Is that from an ad? Funny really

Steve Kerr
09-12-2010, 11:29 PM
jack sommerset is a fat dipshit for saying Moss was selfish. I wonder why this fat pedo left out the part about Moss saying "He loves it here and wants to be a Patriot"

lol fat pedo

http://www.facebook.com/profile/pic.php?oid=AAAAAwAgACAAAAAKv9Ot0Bh1EE3wuTk2txhWF-rHmSB2lM-b6EJHLLLKMxmEeiTBqM6amEx1wB28LGlY5U1eiKLulrqLY_5Ly 9K3e6VN86Up8OgQDJsZJXW1qXzIDvPodVG_DYswM431nZn5&size=normal

JamStone
09-12-2010, 11:43 PM
Wonder what questioned led to Moss saying those things. He's been good in New England but were his comments necessary? They are selfish comments to the extent that it really has nothing to do with the game and are completely unnecessary. But if a reporter specifically asked him to address his contract or whether he'd be back next year, I'd think it'd be much less of a deal than if he just felt the need to talk about it out of the blue.

Steve Kerr
09-12-2010, 11:45 PM
Moss has not been selfish at all in New England. Nothing about those comments were inaccurate/selfish/untrue. Anyone who thinks Moss has been anything but a classy, unselfish teammate since joining New England can choke on an ice pick and die.

JamStone
09-13-2010, 12:38 AM
I'd rather avoid ice picks, but his comments can absolutely be construed as selfish. Being true and accurate doesn't make them unselfish comments. And there was no need for him to play victim and say that shit about "people want to see me do bad." What kind of shit is that? Your team just dropped a deuce on the Bengals and you're worried about people not wanting you to succeed? Fuck outta here. He's been "mostly" good in New England. Let's not draw angel wings and halos on the guy like his shit don't stink anymore.

Steve Kerr
09-13-2010, 12:41 AM
:lmao "mostly good? He broke the fuckin single season receiving TD record.

His comments were not selfish, at all. He wasn't pissed during the press conference, he just said it like it was business as usual. I'm not trying to troll, i seriously hate how much scrutiny Moss gets when he's been on great behavior the last 3 years. You can bet there will be no negative effects from his comments in the slightest.

IronMexican
09-13-2010, 12:51 AM
Vrabel

JamStone
09-13-2010, 12:54 AM
"Mostly good" was in reference to his attitude as we are talking about allegedly selfish comments in a post game. I wasn't referring to his play on the field, so speaking on his TD record makes no difference.

I'm not even hating on Moss. But his comments could be viewed as selfish. There are no positive effects they'd have for the team. The only purpose for them was self-serving. They could be viewed as selfish. Whether they affect the team or not doesn't make them not selfish.

lefty
09-13-2010, 10:36 AM
Yes ! Win !

:D

Steve Kerr
09-13-2010, 10:39 AM
"Mostly good" was in reference to his attitude as we are talking about allegedly selfish comments in a post game. I wasn't referring to his play on the field, so speaking on his TD record makes no difference.

I'm not even hating on Moss. But his comments could be viewed as selfish. There are no positive effects they'd have for the team. The only purpose for them was self-serving. They could be viewed as selfish. Whether they affect the team or not doesn't make them not selfish.
These comments were made right after Moss led the post game cheer and celebrated with his teammates. Forgive the man for wanting to be financially squares away like every other pro football player and having self-interest, but there's nothing wrong with talking about what he did. God damn the standards this guy is held to are ridiculous.

JamStone
09-13-2010, 02:34 PM
If Tom Brady made the comments, they could be viewed as selfish comments. If Peyton Manning made those comments, they could be viewed as selfish comments. It's not the fact that's Randy Moss. It's not what he does before or after the comments. It's the comments themselves. They're unnecessary, self-serving comments.

Lol at not criticizing Randy Moss for "wanting to be financially squared like every other pro football player" as if he hadn't already earned like $100 million in NFL salary in his career already. This isn't some undrafted free agent who has made less than a $1 million over his career. This guy has been PAID in this league. No, I'm not going to forgive this guy for selfishly talking about his contract unnecessarily during a post game.

Again, that's why I initially said I wonder what question was asked to lead to him talking about it. It could change my mind on how to view the comments. But the comments by themselves could be reasonably and justifiably viewed as selfish. His name could be Tim Jesus Chris Tebow and I'd feel the same way.

SAtown
09-13-2010, 02:35 PM
Is that from an ad? Funny really

No, it happened in real life.

SAtown
09-13-2010, 02:36 PM
jack sommerset is a fat dipshit for saying Moss was selfish. I wonder why this fat pedo left out the part about Moss saying "He loves it here and wants to be a Patriot"

lol fat pedo

http://www.facebook.com/profile/pic.php?oid=AAAAAwAgACAAAAAKv9Ot0Bh1EE3wuTk2txhWF-rHmSB2lM-b6EJHLLLKMxmEeiTBqM6amEx1wB28LGlY5U1eiKLulrqLY_5Ly 9K3e6VN86Up8OgQDJsZJXW1qXzIDvPodVG_DYswM431nZn5&size=normal

He even dresses his victim like a future pedo.

JamStone
09-14-2010, 04:28 PM
Excerpt, not full article. Link for the full article.

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/news/story?id=5572051

"The timing could have been bad, but it was actually my first time speaking to the media this year," Moss said Tuesday in a phone interview on ESPN's "SportsCenter." "I wanted to get it off my chest instead of waiting until Week 12, Week 13 on down the road to where it really could become a distraction to our team, what we're trying to accomplish. It was something I just wanted to do. Maybe it was bad timing but I ... cleared my mind to feel good about myself."

Moss said it he felt "relieved" to get the bad feelings about his contract off his chest and reiterated what he said Sunday about enjoying playing for the Patriots.

"Let me say this again, I do not want to leave New England, because I love what they do there. I love the team. I love the coaching staff," Moss said Tuesday. "And I love playing here on Sundays. But I think from a business standpoint, I have to look out for the best interest of me and my family.

"Next year, I don't know where I will be playing. Hopefully it will be here in New England. Whoever wants to give me a shot to hopefully come and help their team, I look forward to that opportunity."

Moss also confirmed meeting with Belichick in the wake of his Sunday news conference. "I don't really want to get into me and Bill's conversation ..." Moss said. "But one thing that I will let out of the bag is he just told me I had to watch what I do and watch what I say and I told him point blank, 'Yes sir, I got you.' Simple as that."

Steve Kerr
09-14-2010, 04:43 PM
I wanted to get it off my chest instead of waiting until Week 12, Week 13 on down the road to where it really could become a distraction to our team, what we're trying to accomplish.

What a selfish asshole putting himself before the team :madrun:madrun:madrun

JamStone
09-14-2010, 04:47 PM
I think that's what Belichick probably told him and why Moss came to the media to clean up what he said Sunday. Just because he thinks it was less selfish to do it in week 1 than in week 12, it doesn't make it not selfish. Still self-serving comments that were completely unnecessary. Good thing Belicheck straightened him out.

Steve Kerr
09-14-2010, 04:55 PM
So what your saying is that unless Randy Moss plays out the last year of his contract knowing that the next contract he gets will be a complete mystery with a new CBA, and does it without mentioning his concern about not being offered an extension or financial security, he's selfish? Me thinks there's no way you hold every NFL player to those standards. If what Randy Moss did is selfish, then when Vincent Jackson is doing is cancerous. At least Moss has the decency to play and play hard without an extension in hand, most pro bowl level players aren't even willing to show up to training camp without an extension.

JamStone
09-14-2010, 05:15 PM
Once again, you're talking about a 12 year vet who has made around or more than $100 million over his pro career. You're not talking about a superstar coming out of the woodwork who's made less than a million dollars in his career trying to secure his financial future for him and his family. If Sunday was Moss' last NFL game, he's still set for life. His children are still set for life. His children's children are still set for life.

Yes his comments were selfish. I think him coming out in the media again suggest that. He let things stew over the off season. Once training camp started, Tom Brady refused to talk about his contract to the media. That's what Moss should have done. Just shut up. He's worth 9 figures. He said himself if he's not back with New England, he still will be playing next year. Someone is going to pay him.

How is getting an extension for someone like Randy Moss anything about "financial security" unless he has gone Antoine Walker or Scottie Pippen and blown all his money? It's not. The comments were self-serving and selfish. They were unnecessary.

If you want to compare it to Vincent Jackson or James Harrison a few years ago, I have a problem with the comparison because those players hadn't made $100 million already. If Tom Brady bitched about his contract, if Eli Manning bitched about an extension, I'd think absolutely the same thing about them making selfish comments.

Moss is playing and playing hard. Good for him. But like I said, if he never plays football again, he's set for life. If Vincent Jackson plays and gets injured without re-working a new deal and never plays again, he's not set for life. Different players with different financial circumstances. What Vincent Jackson is doing is selfish too, but it's way more understandable.

eyeh8u
09-19-2010, 06:48 PM
lol

HarlemHeat37
09-19-2010, 06:53 PM

4>0rings
09-19-2010, 06:54 PM
:lmao At least you have 15 other teams to root for since you're a fan of all them equally.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-19-2010, 06:54 PM
Moss talking about his contract is why they lost :madrun:madrun:madrun

SAtown
11-07-2010, 04:09 PM
http://i55.tinypic.com/359jt6u.jpg

:lmao

JoeTait75
11-07-2010, 04:40 PM
Give some credit to the Browns, fellas. They're playing good football right now.

SAtown
11-07-2010, 07:07 PM
Give some credit to the Browns, fellas. They're playing good football right now.

Yep, but it's fun to shit on the cheaters any time

Cuppycake Gumdrop
11-07-2010, 07:13 PM
Yep, but it's fun to shit on the cheaters any time

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao the CHEATriots! get it! cuz they cheated!!!!!!!

oh wait, the Jets cheat too. fuck http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/14024962/newest-craze-in-nfl-cheating-hamstring-hoax

DeadlyDynasty
11-07-2010, 07:58 PM
The Patriots are nowhere near as bad as they looked today...that being said, they also aren't nearly as good as people think. Pittsburgh and Baltimore would crush this dink-and-dunk offense in the playoffs. Their defense is fucking atrocious

DeadlyDynasty
11-07-2010, 08:05 PM
Gotta give credit to Cleveland though, too...they're a tough 3-5 team, and if I'm not mistaken they've been in every game in the 4th quarter other than the Steelers game

bresilhac
11-08-2010, 12:13 AM
The Patriots are nowhere near as bad as they looked today...that being said, they also aren't nearly as good as people think. Pittsburgh and Baltimore would crush this dink-and-dunk offense in the playoffs. Their defense is fucking atrocious

Think about how those vaunted Pittsburgh and Baltimore defenses would completely destroy the quitting, hapless cowpigs at this point. If you want to talk "fucking atrocious".

DeadlyDynasty
11-08-2010, 12:19 AM
Think about how those vaunted Pittsburgh and Baltimore defenses would completely destroy the quitting, hapless cowpigs at this point. If you want to talk "fucking atrocious".

tbh, at this point the Bills probably could too

monosylab1k
11-08-2010, 10:58 AM
I had the feeling they'd been winning with smoke & mirrors here lately, this pretty much confirms it. The defense is still at least year away, and even though this game they were horrible, they're making real progress. I am very happy with what Belichick is doing with the defense. They are inconsistent as hell now, but I see them being something special soon. Brady isn't elite anymore, and taking Randy Moss away from him sure as shit doesn't help.

10-6, wild card fodder. In a year or two if they keep building the defense, and Gronk/Hernandez figure things out, they'll be back to SB contenders again. But not yet.