PDA

View Full Version : I wish...

HB22inSA
05-20-2005, 12:15 AM
...the SBC Center could be half as loud as KeyArena is right now.

Even the Pepsi Center in the Denver series was louder.

I think Spurs fans are so spoiled that they expect to win, so it's more subdued.

ZStomp
05-20-2005, 12:18 AM
I don't think Key Arena is that loud....nothing special.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
05-20-2005, 12:48 AM
Quit wishing, buy tickets and go scream your lungs out.

MiNuS
05-20-2005, 12:51 AM
...the SBC Center could be half as loud as KeyArena is right now.

Even the Pepsi Center in the Denver series was louder.

I think Spurs fans are so spoiled that they expect to win, so it's more subdued.

I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN. SBC sounds like a bunch of junior high cheerleaders got free passes.

SilverPlayer
05-20-2005, 12:55 AM
I went to game 4 the and I have never heard spurs fans as loud as key arena. Never. I don't even remember memorial day miracle being that loud.

Extra Stout
05-20-2005, 09:34 AM
A lot of us Spurs fans like to convince ourselves that we are really marvelous, really devoted.

The fans in the '90s were crazy, but their noisemaking ability was diluted by the cavernous confines of the 'Dome. HemisFair was much louder.

Now, the Spurs win so routinely, that their fans have morphed into Braves fans. They aren't very loyal, they aren't very loud, and they take deep playoff runs for granted. The legend of the ABA days and the rowdiness of the Baseline Bums is gone. The Spurs just "look" like they have a great fan base because of the fishbowl effect -- they're the only game in town, and people have nothing better to do.

But 0.4* seems to have erased all the goodwill and joy the two championships brought. Now far too many fans are just waiting for the other shoe to drop, all the time. Fans don't appreciate Tim Duncan the way they did David Robinson.

Sonics fans were surprised and thrilled their team got this far.

What's happening is really a shame. Spur fan is turning into a small-market version of Laker fan.

Useruser666
05-20-2005, 09:40 AM
I heard that some Seattle people were calling the SBC center louder than Key Arena. When the volume hits a certain level, and all you hear is the roar of the crowd, I don't think you can get any louder.

LilMissSPURfect
05-20-2005, 09:43 AM
im not 100% sure on hearing this but one of the tv guys quoted ray allen as saying that the SBC was one of the toughest and loudest arenas to play in.

maybe as a fan you hear it differently......

in anycase ...this here fan cheers the SPURS on...from the BOTTOM of my HEART to the TOP of my LUNGS!

GO SPURS!

btw : you don't necessarily have to be the loudest fans to be the BEST fans !

:elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant

kskonn
05-20-2005, 09:46 AM
I don't know if totally agree... I went to games in the Hemisphair(that was the best) I went to tons of game in the dome, to big, and now I have season tickets at the SBC. It gets loud, and it has been said by opposing teams that it is the toughest arena to play in. However I do agree that the fans are spoiled. I always see half the fans around me jumping on and off the bandwagon during a game, and then there are the Hardcore fans that are always cheering and talking crap at the one fan from the opposing teams( that is me, but don't worry I always offer a beer or something for goodwill sake) But the fans as a whole definitely do not realize how special duncan, ginobli and parker are as players. I still hear we want AJ back from some of the old guys. To me that is just disrespectful and out of place. As a whole the number of screaming fans that scream when there is a bad call, a good play, or just to scream at the other team has dwindled.

alamo50
05-20-2005, 09:48 AM
Stop the bullshit and step up when the Coyote asks you to make noise damned.

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-20-2005, 11:20 AM
http://www.washman.com/images/skee-lo-i_wish-MD.jpg

samikeyp
05-20-2005, 11:30 AM
Don't know who said it but one of the Seattle newspaper guys said in his column that the SBC was one of the worst places to play because of the noise. Bill Land made reference to it last night during the broadcast.

T Park
05-20-2005, 11:35 AM
SBC got pretty loud tuesday night.

Cant wait to hear how loud it is for starting lineups when the WF start.