PDA

View Full Version : Rank the USA FIBA gold medal team players #1-12

Daddy_Of_All_Trolls
09-12-2010, 08:12 PM
How would you rank them? Put NBA team and player loyalties aside, this was for the USA. Exhibition games don't count, start with the tournament. Obviously Durant is clear #1. The rest, I am still working on.....I'll post my list later.

Igoudala did well defensively. Everyone else had ups and downs. Billups and Odom for their veteran leadership. Rose was erratic. Westbrook was decent. Love and Curry didn't burn much clock time. And so on.....

DDS4
09-12-2010, 08:47 PM
Durant and Odom were the only ones that notably played well throughout. Durant with the scoring and Odom for the defense/rebounding. Gordon had some good stretches of shooting but a lot of the guys were spotty/inconsistent esp. when USA was setting up halfcourt sets.

Honorable mention goes to Scola and Kleiza. Both of those guys had a very good tourney.

Daddy_Of_All_Trolls
09-12-2010, 08:50 PM
Durant and Odom were the only ones that notably played well throughout. Durant with the scoring and Odom for the defense/rebounding. Gordon had some good stretches of shooting but a lot of the guys were spotty/inconsistent esp. when USA was setting up halfcourt sets.

Honorable mention goes to Scola and Kleiza. Both of those guys had a very good tourney.

USA players only. I didn't see all the games yet, only about half. Still downloading them. I am certain the USA starting lineup should round out the top 5 for our team.

JamStone
09-12-2010, 09:33 PM
FIBA tournament stats for Team USA. Scoring wise, Durant averaged almost 23 ppg. No other USA player averaged double digits for the tournament.

http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fe/10/fwcm/team/p/eid/4728/rid//sid/4728/tid/379/profile.html

SomeCallMeTim
09-12-2010, 09:45 PM
How would you rank them? Put NBA team and player loyalties aside, this was for the USA. Exhibition games don't count, start with the tournament. Obviously Durant is clear #1. The rest, I am still working on.....I'll post my list later.

Igoudala did well defensively. Everyone else had ups and downs. Billups and Odom for their veteran leadership. Rose was erratic. Westbrook was decent. Love and Curry didn't burn much clock time. And so on.....

I just watched the last few games. Durant of course was miles above. Odom, Love, Iguodala, Westbrook, and Gordon all seemed to play very effectively. Was surprised at K's tight rotation, I thought he may work a few more subs but it's his team and hard to argue with the results.

Venti Quattro
09-13-2010, 12:39 AM
Durant
Iggy
Westbrook
Lamar
Gordon
Gay
Love
Rose
Billups
Curry
Granger
LOL CHANDLER

HarlemHeat37
09-13-2010, 02:03 AM
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:Lnzy58MAmm2E9M:http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/5227/sportsvy8.jpg&t=1

oh crap
09-13-2010, 02:05 AM
durant>>the scubs

TheHeatIsOn
09-13-2010, 02:08 AM
Kevin Durant .

Kobayagi
09-13-2010, 04:32 AM
What did Granger do besides making racist comments?

nkdlunch
09-13-2010, 12:33 PM
1. Durant
2-12. who cares

Latarian Milton
09-13-2010, 07:35 PM
its unfair to rank TC so low tbh. TC worked pretty hard and played solid defense, he was only outperformed by other more skillful opponents because international games prefer such skillful players. IMHO bad performances won't deny the fact TC is still a top3 center in NBA and im sure he'll prove a point in the coming season in NBA games which are more physical hence more suitable for his style.

plus the prurient beast didn't make any scandal in turkey despite being surrounded by huddles of hot turkey chicks. unbelievable self-discipline for him TBH.

Darthkiller
09-13-2010, 08:29 PM
westbrook had by far the best +/- on the team

Venti Quattro
09-13-2010, 11:35 PM
1. Durant
2-12. who cares

1. Kevin Durant

2-11. Who cares?

12. Tyson Chandler

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Hemotivo