PDA

View Full Version : Is Kevin Durant next Kobe Bryant or next Dominique Wilkins?

LeHeat_Dynasty
09-13-2010, 04:51 PM
Like Kobe, Durant is an exceptional scorer, even better than Kobe was at his age. KD also seems to possess the killer instinct that seperates Superstars from Legendary winners. He seems to be capable of disrupting a teams game plan by scoring in bunches...efficiently at that. When it comes to putting points in the bucket, Durant is right there with the likes of Iverson, Kobe, Jordan, Wilkins, McGrady and Bernard King.

On the other hand, Kevin's play reminds me of another former great, Dominique Wilkins. Like Kobe and Kevin Durant, Dominque was a show stopper and a great scorer but what seperates him from Larry, Magic and Jordan was the fact that Dominique in his prime was a one dimensional athlete. Nique has a career average of 6 rebounds and about 2.5 assists a game, surprisingly Durant at this point is averaging the same amount. Like Wilkins, Durant is not known for his defensive presence. Jordan, Kobe and even Wade were all very good defenders at the start of their career. I look at Durant and I see that he seems to only exert majority of his effort on offense and not much on defense or making his teammates better.

Do you think Kevin Durant will be in the same league as Kobe Bryant, perhaps even surpass Kobe's place among the all time greats? Or could he be just another Dominique Wilkins in the making?

phyzik
09-13-2010, 05:09 PM
Penny Hardaway.

Dex
09-13-2010, 05:15 PM
I'm just fucking with the data in my idle boredom.

Fabbs
09-13-2010, 05:31 PM
Do you think Kevin Durant will be in the same league as Kobe Bryant, perhaps even surpass Kobe's place among the all time greats? Or could he be just another Dominique Wilkins in the making?
Option for "Already better then Kobme" is needed.

Were it not for Gasol and the refs bailing out Burqua Boi, Durant and the OKCs may well have beaten the Fakers and that was with Durant having a very subpar series.

Also please do not diss Nique with the "just another in the making".
Wilkens did not get the benefit of collusion, having better players on his team nor have the refs nozes up his arse.

Koolaid_Man
09-13-2010, 06:14 PM
Like Kobe, Durant is an exceptional scorer, even better than Kobe was at his age. KD also seems to possess the killer instinct that seperates Superstars from Legendary winners. He seems to be capable of disrupting a teams game plan by scoring in bunches...efficiently at that. When it comes to putting points in the bucket, Durant is right there with the likes of Iverson, Kobe, Jordan, Wilkins, McGrady and Bernard King.

On the other hand, Kevin's play reminds me of another former great, Dominique Wilkins. Like Kobe and Kevin Durant, Dominque was a show stopper and a great scorer but what seperates him from Larry, Magic and Jordan was the fact that Dominique in his prime was a one dimensional athlete. Nique has a career average of 6 rebounds and about 2.5 assists a game, surprisingly Durant at this point is averaging the same amount. Like Wilkins, Durant is not known for his defensive presence. Jordan, Kobe and even Wade were all very good defenders at the start of their career. I look at Durant and I see that he seems to only exert majority of his effort on offense and not much on defense or making his teammates better.

problem with guys like Durant and Lebron is that they are too soft..Never been in a scuffle...Seem like pussies to me. I wanna see how Lebron acts when someone checks him...go upside his head...No more Barkley's, Malone's, Larry Johnson's (grand ma ma), Shaq's, Zo's, Anthony Mason's, Dennis Rodman's, Derrick Coleman's, Bill Laimbeers...

Kobe played with / against many of these guys and he knows what being hardcore is all about. Hell durant can't even bench 150 lbs...The road to NBA championships will be blood, sweat, and tears...all this pussy ass ( my friend) gamesmanship is for the birds...That's why I respect Boston...Class of 96 is a throwback, Sheed leaving will hurt the league... I want to see elbows and hard knock life play...Once LA and Boston is done..I might be done with the NBA as well...too many pussies in the league...:toast

Fabbs
09-13-2010, 06:21 PM
Kobe played with / against many of these guys and he knows what being hardcore is all about.
http://www.ticket760.com/cc-common/mlib/694/05/694_1272912942.jpg
.:toast
Sing it out Koolaid Gal!

Daddy_Of_All_Trolls
09-13-2010, 06:26 PM
Durant is still young, and so his is team. The jury is still out. At least the NBA has a player of his caliber. Isn't everyone tired of hearing about Kobe and LeBron all the time yet?

ezau
09-13-2010, 10:20 PM
He's already better than Kobe no doubt and unlike Kobe, he carried a bunch of scrubs on his shoulders to get that FIBA trophy, tee hee

LeHeat_Dynasty
09-13-2010, 10:41 PM
He's a taller version of Ray Allen.
Decent comparison though Ray Allen never had it in him from day one. Allen was never meant to lead a team when he was traded to Milawaukee and still wasn't good enough to lead in Seattle. Durant has flourished however in such a short amount of time. He won a scoring title, led his team in the playoffs and almost eliminated the Lakers and is now destroying teams in the FIBA level.

Quit Hatin'
09-14-2010, 12:17 AM
problem with guys like Durant and Lebron is that they are too soft..Never been in a scuffle...Seem like pussies to me. I wanna see how Lebron acts when someone checks him...go upside his head...No more Barkley's, Malone's, Larry Johnson's (grand ma ma), Shaq's, Zo's, Anthony Mason's, Dennis Rodman's, Derrick Coleman's, Bill Laimbeers...

Kobe played with / against many of these guys and he knows what being hardcore is all about. Hell durant can't even bench 150 lbs...The road to NBA championships will be blood, sweat, and tears...all this pussy ass ( my friend) gamesmanship is for the birds...That's why I respect Boston...Class of 96 is a throwback, Sheed leaving will hurt the league... I want to see elbows and hard knock life play...Once LA and Boston is done..I might be done with the NBA as well...too many pussies in the league...:toast

Preach on them. true niggas in the nba are a dying breed. we got players in the nba now days that want to be friends. they just dont have the right mentality these days. kobe from a young age always had mentality to work hard and get better every season. and if someone wanted to play physical he took that as a challenge and went up against them. as seen in the boston series when lebron and wade get brushed up a little they turn into little bitches. same thing with durant, artest had him in check for the most part and all he could do was shoot jumpers.

Quit Hatin'

elemento
09-14-2010, 12:19 AM
Durant is the new T-mac

TheHeatIsOn
09-14-2010, 12:28 AM
My nigga KD is already better than Kobe maine. Cuz KD done did what Kobe wish he could do. you know im sayin? KD led scrubs to Gold in FIBA maine. KD is already better than nigga Kobe and soon he might even be better than LeBron. Cuz maine you never kno. You know im sayin?

Dave Mustaine
09-14-2010, 01:50 AM
Durant is the new T-mac

Not yet. He doesn't have near the playmaking ability prime T-Mac had.

TDMVPDPOY
09-14-2010, 02:18 AM
kd>kome

09-14-2010, 05:54 AM
depends. if stern decides to throw durant a bone when his team reaches a dead end, then he can be like kobe. if not, good luck building a championship team in OKC.

Giuseppe
09-14-2010, 09:41 AM
^The goods.

hater
09-14-2010, 09:46 AM
when all is said and done KD will be the next MJ.

GOAT non-bigmen in about 5 years:
1. KD / MJ
3. Lebron
4. Kobe

Nahtanoj
09-14-2010, 09:58 AM
Not yet. He doesn't have near the playmaking ability prime T-Mac had.

Are we comparing skill or legacy?

Playmaking ability and skillwise, of course he is not near Tracy McGrady yet, but he is only 21. Their physique is most comparable. Shootingwise, Durant is already better than McGrady who is more of a streaky shooter.

Same goes for legacy. Neither ever got out of the 1st round, but 2010 was his first attempt. Jordan didn't get out of the 1st round his first three seasons - each year getting eliminated by the mighty Boston Celtics. It'll be similiar like that for Durant in the West for awhile, atleast until the Gasol/Kobe tandem is no more. But he has a shot at Jordan's 10 scoring titles if he keeps it up.. only time will tell - the great ones are considered great because they were consistently great for very many years in the NBA.

ambchang
09-14-2010, 12:12 PM
Kobe is tough ...

vnPNRC3md9Y

nkdlunch
09-14-2010, 12:45 PM
Offensively in their primes:
Durantula > MJ / Kobe >> Lebron

Defensively in their primes:
MJ >>> Kobe >> Durantula / Lebron

Only thing is Durant is not in his prime YET, and has not had 1 decent teamate YET :wow

scary when you think about it.

MJ is still the man, but take him out of the equation and you see a prime Kobe barely edging a not prime yet Durant. :wow

Sportcamper
09-14-2010, 12:56 PM
Got to say that step forward, step backward, shoot move was darn impressive…:tu

I cant figure out if Durant is really that sensational or if team U.S.A. won because they had a WORLD Champion Lakers on their team to guide them…It’s a tough question but no doubt having Lamar out there, showed team U.S.A. how to win,...:toast

oh crap
09-14-2010, 03:18 PM
NFWVCOMA108&p=A7577632BB404757&playnext=1&index=12

spursballer21
09-14-2010, 06:21 PM

I cant figure out if Durant is really that sensational or if team U.S.A. won because they had a WORLD Champion Lakers on their team to guide them…It’s a tough question but no doubt having Lamar out there, showed team U.S.A. how to win,...:toast

It was all KD, lamar odom didn't help him much

ezau
09-14-2010, 08:32 PM

So Lamar is the main man and Durant the scrub of Team USA? :lol:lol:lol

ezau
09-14-2010, 08:33 PM
Offensively in their primes:
Durantula > MJ / Kobe >> Lebron

Defensively in their primes:
MJ >>> Kobe >> Durantula / Lebron

Only thing is Durant is not in his prime YET, and has not had 1 decent teamate YET :wow

scary when you think about it.

MJ is still the man, but take him out of the equation and you see a prime Kobe barely edging a not prime yet Durant. :wow

It's pretty obvious that at age 21, Durant is already a better offensive player than Kobe. It's impressive how he was able to lead a team of scrubs to a gold medal when Kobe only obliged to play international ball when Lebron and Wade were there.

ezau
09-14-2010, 08:35 PM
It was all KD, lamar odom didn't help him much

Laker fan thinking that Odom is USA's main man:lol:lol

He didn't prolly watched how Tiago "I haven't played in the NBA" Splitter owned him in the preliminary round, tee hee.

ezau
09-14-2010, 08:40 PM
Exactly.

So:

Durant=role player

Odom= main man

Is that what you're saying luva?

ezau
09-14-2010, 08:49 PM
Durant is a role player and so is Odom. Odom was to that team what Fisher is to our team. You need vocal leaders to hit timely shots and keep the guys spirits up during tough times.

:lmao:lmao:lmao crazy Paki

milkshakeballa
09-15-2010, 01:14 AM
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:GwHqZVGOv7QeXM:http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj80/majaxira/Yall_niggas_postin_in_a_troll_threa.png&t=1