PDA

View Full Version : Horns Tech

Tommy Tuberville
09-13-2010, 06:40 PM
As a coach, I will be ready to compete....but this will be a huge test that will show how well I have prepared our team. If we win its becuase of our players. If we lose, I will take responsibility.

Tommy Tuberville
09-13-2010, 08:29 PM
see again on saturday!

BUMP
09-13-2010, 08:30 PM
lol who deleted my post?

Cant_Be_Faded
09-13-2010, 08:36 PM
ehhh it says bump's post was deleted by bump

Tuberville's birthday is Saturday, he's never lost on his bday

BUMP
09-13-2010, 10:00 PM
Despite me thinking it'll be a better game than people think, and despite UT not playing that well against inferior competition, my brain is still picking UT to win by about 7 or so. They always dick around for a half or 3 quarters than make big plays in the end and run away with it.

It was the same thing last year. They had unimpressive win after unimpressive win against shit teams, yet ran the table when nobody thought they could.

CubanSucks
09-13-2010, 10:31 PM
Aren't trolls supposed to be funny?..or try?

dallasmavsnfuego214
09-16-2010, 03:49 PM
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...?

http://deadspin.com/5639766/texas-tech-fans-turn-into-giant-vaginas

Blake
09-16-2010, 04:32 PM
:lol

there's absolutely no way that drunk Tech fan is quiet when UT has the ball.

TFloss32
09-16-2010, 04:52 PM
Games in Lubbock are always crazy so I'm not going to act as if I know who's going to win. I can see the Texas defense keeping them in the game if the offense is struggling, but they'll have to find some sort of offensive rhythm if they expect to win.

LoneStarState'sPride
09-16-2010, 04:56 PM
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...?

http://deadspin.com/5639766/texas-tech-fans-turn-into-giant-vaginas

Good lord, tech! Really? :lol

BUMP
09-16-2010, 05:05 PM

there's absolutely no way that drunk Tech fan is quiet when UT has the ball.

shit aint happening. I've been hearing that around Raiderville today and nobody's gonna follow through

Tommy Tuberville
09-16-2010, 06:42 PM
All I can say is the fans can make their own decisions on what is proper behavior at the game. I myself have never been to a game where the home crowd was silent. This "scare tactic" could work, but lets not forget that the horns went to the national championship last year. Silence could actually help them dramatically. And since the horns knows about this scare tactic, I am sure they will be prepared for it.

Lets have a good game and may the best prepared team win!

Go Red Raiders! Happy b-day to me!

Tubs

Eric Dampier
09-16-2010, 09:56 PM
crofl

The Jones is like a central american soccer stadium and UT is like USA walkin in that joint.

That place is gonna be a madhouse

LoneStarState'sPride
09-16-2010, 10:18 PM
Those people are fucking nuts. I mean, seriously, certifiably insane. No way in hell this "silent scare" thing is going to catch on.

samikeyp
09-17-2010, 05:54 AM
That's fucking stupid. You are supposed to boo the visiting team..boo the hell out of them, its part of the fun. Spitting crosses the line though...that's just bush league. If you walk into the other teams place and you are in your team's colors, you are going to hear some shit....is some of it out of line? Probably...but more often than not its just along the lines of "your team sucks and we are gonna kick your ass" and that is part of the game. If UT fan doesn't want to hear negative comments, don't go to away games.

BUMP
09-17-2010, 08:19 AM
That's fucking stupid. You are supposed to boo the visiting team..boo the hell out of them, its part of the fun. Spitting crosses the line though...that's just bush league. If you walk into the other teams place and you are in your team's colors, you are going to hear some shit....is some of it out of line? Probably...but more often than not its just along the lines of "your team sucks and we are gonna kick your ass" and that is part of the game. If UT fan doesn't want to hear negative comments, don't go to away games.

2 years ago I sat 2 sections to the left of a UT fan in the heart of the student section (probably one of the ones that complained) who making a complete ass of himself. I bet he didn't mention that to the student government. It was 2 hours before the game and he was standing up the whole time, with a UT shirt on, and a giant UT orange and white wig on shooting the hook 'em horns sign to everybody. He got straight up mauled. Somebody ran down, kicked him in the nuts and stole his hat, then Tech fans tricked the security into kicking him out after he finally swung back. This was after about 30 minutes of people screaming at him and pelting him with objects. Some girl even walked up to him and poured her drink on him.

Of course, this behavior was totally unacceptable and the guy wasn't being overly obnoxious, but he clearly was asking for it. I wasn't one of the hordes of dumbasses, but you don't go into the heart of a student section, especially Tech's, and rub it in. He knew what he was getting into. There were other UT fans who were sitting in the student section calmly. They got boo'ed but people left them alone because they weren't trying to make themselves seen.

starboy
09-17-2010, 08:25 AM
Those people are fucking nuts. I mean, seriously, certifiably insane. No way in hell this "silent scare" thing is going to catch on.

I was there two years ago to see Crabtree ruin the run at the national title.

I got a drink thrown at me, was spit on, and was called "A stupid fucking UT Faggot" more times than I could count.

My grandmother lives a few blocks north of the Stadium, I decided to walk to her place after the game to say hello before I went out. On the way over there, some people were shooting shot guns in the air outside their houses. Mind you, this isn't out in the country, it's literally a quarter of a mile from the stadium in a heavily populated(and ghetto) neighborhood. I thought I was going to die...no joke brahs. :'(

This silent shit is a joke, will NEVER happen.

Phillip
09-17-2010, 09:14 AM
tech fans are fucking dumbasses

except bump. hes just a dumbass, as opposed to a fucking dumbass

BUMP
09-17-2010, 09:46 AM
My grandmother lives a few blocks north of the Stadium, I decided to walk to her place after the game to say hello before I went out.

I live right across the street in Heritage Apartments. And that's really not the ghetto. The east side of Lubbock is straight up ghetto. I've always felt safe over here, even though it is kind of a sketch part of town

Blake
09-17-2010, 11:26 AM
My grandmother lives a few blocks north of the Stadium, I decided to walk to her place after the game to say hello before I went out. On the way over there, some people were shooting shot guns in the air outside their houses. Mind you, this isn't out in the country, it's literally a quarter of a mile from the stadium in a heavily populated(and ghetto) neighborhood. I thought I was going to die...no joke brahs. :'(

tell grandma to stop shooting her gun off

BUMP
09-17-2010, 12:02 PM
"Fellow Red Raiders,

The Student Government Association would like to share a new and exciting tradition to support our school spirit and sportsmanship at football games. We are calling it “The Silent Treatment!” The Silent Treatment is something SGA feels will be a new, intimidating way to get students excited for the game this weekend.

As the opposing team runs onto the field and the visiting band plays their fight song, everyone in our stands will go silent. As we all go silent, everyone in the stands will turn to face our Double-T scoreboard and put our guns up. Not only is this intimidating, but it will also catch the opposing team completely off-guard. Once our players run out, we want our fans to go crazy with school spirit.

We believe this could be extremely effective if everyone participates, but we need students to help us promote this new tradition. Only with your help can this become a reality. Let’s make it happen Texas Tech!

Wreck ‘em!

Jenny Mayants
Internal Vice President

Guns Up!

Drew Graham
President"

Yeah nothing gets fans more excited than go to games and not be able to say a word half the time!! Fuck Yeah!!!

Blake
09-17-2010, 12:04 PM
my god....

Kermit
09-17-2010, 12:27 PM
I really hope they do this.

rjv
09-17-2010, 03:32 PM
how do you keep a drunk dumb ass quiet? i'm sure there are tons of law enforcement officers and health care providers who would love to discover the secret to doing so

LoneStarState'sPride
09-17-2010, 04:35 PM
Here's what's going to happen--there'll be a half second of silence when the horns first take the field, then a thousand drunk idiots will have the same brilliant idea to be the only one in the stadium screaming at the top of their lungs, resulting in discordant cacophony throughout the game.

scottspurs
09-17-2010, 05:53 PM
Texas 44
Texas Tech 31

Tech leads at halftime 21-20 before Texas opens it up and ditches the run game.

rjfan2spurs
09-17-2010, 08:36 PM
Red Raiders/Longhorns Fans! Join Me In One Hour For The Longhorns Game Preview. I Will Preview The 'Horns Game Against The Texas Tech Raiders, Plus Take Your Calls And Predictions. Live From Lubbock, TX

Link: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/sportsblogger21

Call in number: (347) 426-3797

Kwame Brown
09-17-2010, 11:28 PM
Ok apparently there's a huge misguided rumor going around about this.

The rumor is that Tech fans are supposed to be silent when UT has the ball, which caused a huge uproar. It was 1 article that said that and he got blasted for it.

The reality is that they are only supposed to be silent, turn their backs, and point the guns up when UT takes the field and the band plays. The reason they did was because dumbass Techfans were booing and throwing drinks at the SMU band.

I actually think that would be pretty cool. It would be a little eerie, and could spook the other team, kind of like a calm before the storm effect.

J.T.
09-18-2010, 05:40 AM
I actually think that would be pretty cool. It would be a little eerie, and could spook the other team, kind of like a calm before the storm effect.

a bunch of faggot fans saying and doing NOTHING is supposed to spook the road team? :lmao

BUMP
09-18-2010, 10:28 AM
a bunch of faggot fans saying and doing NOTHING is supposed to spook the road team? :lmao

This nigga's forgettin that UT will have a their fan section there so it's pretty much gonna be like a small home game for UT.

I don't care about being silent just when they take the field but this is Tech so it ain't gonna happen regardless

Cant_Be_Faded
09-18-2010, 11:39 AM
This is the first test of the Gilbert Era.

Will he continue to protect the ball?

Will our defense finally force some turnovers?

Will Pott's throw for 500 in one half like Tech QB's always do?

Will our white undersized offensive linemen cave in like a bunch of pussies like they always do in big games?

John Chiles is out...will the freshmen Mike "Ben" Davis and Darius "I'm not" White make an impact?

Will Tech's asian and hispanic receivers continue the tradition of non-black WR's smoking Texas like a philly?

How many players, if any, will be carted by C. Scott, K. Vacarro, and B. Gideon?

Will Texas be able to run the ball more than 0.9 YPC?

All these questions, and more, to be answered at 7:00PM.

J.T.
09-18-2010, 01:19 PM
Guns Down, Horns Up sponsored by the Revenge of Blake Gideon

Does anyone else find it ironic that Earl Thomas now has two chances a year to tackle Michael Crabtree in bounds?

word
09-18-2010, 01:32 PM
This Texas team doesn't give me the warm fuzzies. I think we might lose this one, OU is definitely going to beat us, and Nebraska just might as well. Gilbert just isn't prime time yet. Next year, I'll feel better but I'm keeping my expectations low this year.

Spursfan092120
09-18-2010, 07:27 PM
Horns might have the Tech fans playing the "silent treatment" anyway. After that first bad snap and quick TD....crowd's pretty quiet.

Whisky Dog
09-18-2010, 08:51 PM
Should have gutted them when the chance was there to go up 21-0. I can't believe how sloppy they got after how sharp they were early. Too many young guys making mistakes, then Malcolm starts the drops again too.

Also, it was Curtis Brown that missed the tackle on Crabtree and not Earl.

clambake
09-18-2010, 08:52 PM
tech has this.

clambake
09-18-2010, 09:10 PM
one guy wants to fight......the other doesn't.

Blake
09-18-2010, 09:31 PM
I hate to see any one QB down with an injury.......

but fuck yeah, Sticks.

Blake
09-18-2010, 09:31 PM
and then fuck no, Potts is back.

clambake
09-18-2010, 09:35 PM
tech has this.

shhhhhhh.......

Spursfan092120
09-18-2010, 09:39 PM
inconsistent officiating when it comes to the targeting.

Spursfan092120
09-18-2010, 09:42 PM
Hard to move the ball when penalties keep you starting at 1st and 20 every damn time...

Spursfan092120
09-18-2010, 09:43 PM
I hate to see any one QB down with an injury.......

but fuck yeah, Sticks.
info on this Sticks kid? Is he better than Potts?

Blake
09-18-2010, 09:48 PM
info on this Sticks kid? Is he better than Potts?

everybody but Tubbs and co thinks so.

Blake
09-18-2010, 09:51 PM
I want to kick Tech's #7's ass right now.

Spursfan092120
09-18-2010, 10:07 PM
everybody but Tubbs and co thinks so.
hmm...well I guess we'll find out soon enough. Seems like the team wants him in the game. Penalties are killing the Raiders...and stupid ones at that. Can't keep your defense on the field that long...it'll kill em.

Blake
09-18-2010, 10:25 PM
hmm...well I guess we'll find out soon enough. Seems like the team wants him in the game. Penalties are killing the Raiders...and stupid ones at that. Can't keep your defense on the field that long...it'll kill em.

Potts had a good summer. Supposedly has the NFL arm and won some passing competition at the Manning QB camp this summer.

He just flat sucks though in game time.

Sticks was starting last year when Tech went up to Lincoln and the Raiders punched NU in the mouth, 31-10.

Potts started when Tech lost to UT and A&M last year.

Obviously the coaches see (saw) something everyone else doesn't. What that is I have no clue.

clambake
09-18-2010, 10:27 PM
well......at least there's still gizzards and booze!

Blake
09-18-2010, 10:30 PM
well......at least there's still gizzards and booze!

and maybe an Alamo Bowl if we're lucky

benefactor
09-18-2010, 10:35 PM
That game was unbearable. For a while it looked like neither team wanted to win.

clambake
09-18-2010, 10:35 PM
and maybe an Alamo Bowl if we're lucky

about a million years ago, i went to lubbock with mike renfro cuz his girl was throwing a party.

a place called the strip is where the booze and gizzards were to be had.

is that still a thing?

Blake
09-18-2010, 10:43 PM
about a million years ago, i went to lubbock with mike renfro cuz his girl was throwing a party.

a place called the strip is where the booze and gizzards were to be had.

is that still a thing?

Don't know about the gizzards.

I haven't been back up to Lubbock in at least 5+ years, but I thought they lifted the dryness of the city.......if not, then yep, the strip is that area right at the city limit sign where the liquor stores light up the night like Vegas.

Spursfan092120
09-19-2010, 12:03 AM
tech has this.
good call :tu

J.T.
09-19-2010, 04:10 AM
Also, it was Curtis Brown that missed the tackle on Crabtree and not Earl.

i am pretty sure det nigga earl thomas was in on it too

symple19
09-19-2010, 06:58 AM
I want Tuberville comments

pkbpkb81
09-19-2010, 10:17 AM
lol tech

lol ut

clambake
09-19-2010, 10:27 AM
good call :tu

don't jinx the jinx.

Cant_Be_Faded
09-19-2010, 11:08 AM
Wow Texas shut down Tech like Jr High kids yesterday. 140 yards of total offense from the prolific Tech offense.

Amazing.
We totally shut them down more than any Tech game I seen with my own eyes. Tech hasn't had that few yards since 1990.

Total defensive dominance.

13 three and outs by Tech.

I knew the defense was gonna carry us to most of the victories this season but god damn.

dallasmavsnfuego214
09-19-2010, 11:46 AM
Despite how horrible Tech looked they still had opportunity after another to take control of the game with giftwrapped turnovers from UT. And yet that #7 idiot had 2 bonehead taunting plays in the most crucial drive for UT and then they just stopped screwing around and punched it in.

Wasn't particularly impressed with both teams, but that UT defense is sick and will keep them in every game this year.

Cant_Be_Faded
09-19-2010, 01:00 PM
Poetic justice with Blake Gideon and Curtis Brown interceptions.

Also poetic justice when Blake completely douchnozzled that little bitch Adam James. Worth the penalty. Leach probably enjoyed that one.

elbamba
09-19-2010, 04:42 PM
lol tech

lol ut

lol at 27-24 over Air Force at home

Tommy Tuberville
09-19-2010, 06:43 PM
I want to congradulate the Longhorns on their big win this weekend. They played well down the stretch, and proved to be better prepared. For this loss I take full responsibility. I could have made some calls that would have put us in better positions to take control of the game. But, a standing ovation has to be given to the starting defense who showed tremendous excecution and playmaking ability. Except for the penalites, I think that our defense showed that they are one of the best in the conference.

However, our offense did not excecute and looked as if they had not mentally or physically prepared for this game. I am very dissapointed in how our offense played. Yes, there were many mistakes made, but I will take that responsibility. This coming week will be an important one, as we will reopen the quarterback postition.

I know that Tech fans are dissapointed, but I want to thank them for all their support and excitement that they showed at the game. Truly, even though we endured a loss, the excitement shown by the fans made for a great birthday present. That was the first big game I have had while coaching at Tech, and I look forward to more to come.

Guns up! Go Red Raiders!

Tubs

Cant_Be_Faded
09-19-2010, 07:43 PM
Here in Austin we use our tortillas to eat tacos

DesignatedT
09-19-2010, 07:56 PM
Easy money.

tlongII
09-19-2010, 08:11 PM
Texas gets UCLA next. The Bruins are one of the worst teams in the Pac-10, but I think they'll give Texas trouble.

Cant_Be_Faded
09-19-2010, 08:37 PM
Texas gets UCLA next. The Bruins are one of the worst teams in the Pac-10, but I think they'll give Texas trouble.

I think Tlong's opinion on UCLA is probably the most accurate out of anyones on this board.

But didn't UCLA just take down a ranked opponent?

In College Football BCS parlence, that bodes well for UT's SOS regardless of how shitty UCLA really is.

I just read a blog that does BCS-statcrunching....and believe it or not, as of right now UT has the 4th best SOS.

And Ohio State's SOS is tanking LIKE NO OTHER.

The Big 12 is actually doing damn well as a whole as far as rankings and SOS totals.

That means any undefeated Big 12 team pretty much has a great chance to make it to the title game, as most OOC games have pretty much been finished.

tlongII
09-19-2010, 08:49 PM
I think Tlong's opinion on UCLA is probably the most accurate out of anyones on this board.

But didn't UCLA just take down a ranked opponent?

In College Football BCS parlence, that bodes well for UT's SOS regardless of how shitty UCLA really is.

I just read a blog that does BCS-statcrunching....and believe it or not, as of right now UT has the 4th best SOS.

And Ohio State's SOS is tanking LIKE NO OTHER.

The Big 12 is actually doing damn well as a whole as far as rankings and SOS totals.

That means any undefeated Big 12 team pretty much has a great chance to make it to the title game, as most OOC games have pretty much been finished.

UCLA spanked Houston yesterday and the Cougars were ranked. They've got a lot of athletes in their program, but I think their coach sucks.

Cant_Be_Faded
09-19-2010, 08:56 PM
I think Houston was overrated as fuck last year too but the bottom line is the game is the game

If Houston had that little number next to their name and UCLA beats them, then right now Texas SOS got boosted like crazy

mookie2001
09-19-2010, 10:49 PM
If ucla gets rolled, they suck. If the game is even halfway close-Texas sucks

Blake
09-19-2010, 11:07 PM
Here in Austin we use our tortillas to eat tacos

what a waste

Phillip
09-20-2010, 11:11 AM
seems to me that offensive playcalling is really holding Gilbert back. I think they need to go back to a pass-heavy offense, spreading things out. any time they air it out, they move the ball with ease. when they try running the offense from under center, they just seem to stagnate horribly. With Gilbert's arm, they need to spread it out more, and take more shots downfield

Blake
09-20-2010, 11:48 AM
I would agree. I thought Gilbert looked good when he aired it out....

Phillip
09-20-2010, 12:43 PM
I would agree. I thought Gilbert looked good when he aired it out....

IMO Gilbert > McCoy in terms of potential

dude already has completed some passes that McCoy could never do. he has a rifle for an arm, and doesnt seem to get rattled too easily, the way McCoy would once he got hit.