PDA

View Full Version : 2k11 demo?

jermaine
09-14-2010, 10:32 AM
Have anyone played it yet? If so how is the gameplay? I could care less that Jordan is on the cover or in the game! I won't play with him not one time! Spurs, Mavs, or 2010 Bulls! Fuck the Heat, fuck the Lakers, & fuck the muthafucka that wanna run with either of those teams! I will use this demo time to learn low post moves an drrible penatration off screen & rolls or pick & pops! Get you game up guys!

TimDunkem
09-14-2010, 10:35 AM
I'm downloading it now.

Fuck the Heat, fuck the Lakers, & fuck the muthafucka that wanna run with either of those teams!!

jermaine
09-14-2010, 10:41 AM
I'm downloading it now.

My oldlady downloaded mine already but I'm at work an don't get home for anotha hour. I play madden(an I'm da best) until 2k comes out!

MavDynasty
09-14-2010, 07:20 PM
sup jermaine

LittleCriminal
09-14-2010, 08:29 PM
Game demo was horrible!:deadhorse

8FOR!3
09-14-2010, 09:28 PM
I think the game play will be considered great once I get used to it compared to last year, but the demo sucks. I can't believe they're giving us 1 5 minute quarter of play with the LA Lakers to hold us off the next three weeks. It's like your girlfriend gives you a picture of her in a bikini, but you've got to wait a month after that to have sex with her.

jermaine
09-15-2010, 04:20 AM
What color are you?

I'm a Colored!

TimDunkem
09-15-2010, 08:40 AM
Game demo was horrible!:deadhorse
Why because it was short and you're forced to play with the Lakers? I could understand that, but the game play still feels like it's miles ahead of 2k10.

8FOR!3
09-15-2010, 09:25 AM
but the game play still feels like it's miles ahead of 2k10.

It is. :toast

TimDunkem
09-15-2010, 09:35 AM
It is. :toast
Players actually move around on offense too! Finally.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWeOUzZagf0&feature=player_embedded#!

jermaine
09-15-2010, 12:45 PM
Why because it was short and you're forced to play with the Lakers? I could understand that, but the game play still feels like it's miles ahead of 2k10.

I love the fake pass! Its going to work good on those who love to play offball D! I can't do lowpost moves so that sucks.kobes stepback looks sweet so I can't wait to se Giiiinobiliiiiiii!

8FOR!3
09-15-2010, 12:49 PM
I love the fake pass too, now that Jason Williams is back in the NBA I can choose the Kings, trade for him, and relive 1999. :toast :lol

lefty
09-15-2010, 01:07 PM
Fake pass?

Great addition :tu

DJ Mbenga
09-15-2010, 01:30 PM
game looks good but damn 60 bucks for a 4 month investment kind of sucks. maybe the special edition will entice me.

spursfan1000
09-15-2010, 07:06 PM
cant wait to get the actual game

8FOR!3
09-15-2010, 07:47 PM
How do you call plays in 2K11? I just figured out how to back down (left and right triggers at the same time,) but haven't decided how to run plays yet.

crc21209
09-15-2010, 11:36 PM
Fake pass? Damn...sounds good. :tu

MavDynasty
09-15-2010, 11:46 PM
How do you call plays in 2K11? I just figured out how to back down (left and right triggers at the same time,) but haven't decided how to run plays yet.

Up on the D pad, at leas that was it in 2k10

El Wray
09-16-2010, 12:11 AM

I don't think you can call plays in the demo, guess we have to wait until the full game.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-16-2010, 12:31 AM
I just hope they keep the mode where you start off as an undrafted rookie rated in the low 40's and you have to work your way up. After I found a way to be 90+ rated by my 2nd season everyone was like "how he do that?" and I said, "I call it dope boy magic!"

TimDunkem
09-16-2010, 09:17 AM
I just hope they keep the mode where you start off as an undrafted rookie rated in the low 40's and you have to work your way up. After I found a way to be 90+ rated by my 2nd season everyone was like "how he do that?" and I said, "I call it dope boy magic!"
My Player mode is definitely back. It would've been a bad move if they took it out after only a year before they could improve on it.

There are a couple of new features like; Press conferences, signature shoes (Can't wait for this one), fan support, and trade demands.

Here's the community insight blog (http://community.2ksports.com/community/insights/index.cfm?aid=2917606&l=11), and here's the video 2k released about a week back previewing the new press conferences. (Sorry, I'm not sure how to embed videos): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diBXa3mzHNw&feature=player_embedded

TimDunkem
09-16-2010, 09:26 AM
I love the fake pass! Its going to work good on those who love to play offball D! I can't do lowpost moves so that sucks.kobes stepback looks sweet so I can't wait to se Giiiinobiliiiiiii!

Ah, the fake pass caught me by surprise at first. I'm so used to using B to call picks because the plays in 2k10 were awful. I would just run pick and rolls all over the court to score.
Oh, and I'm sure you know by now, but to post are performed by pressing both triggers while backing in with the left stick. At that point you can use the left stick to preform your moves.

I can score in pretty much every way; Hooks, running hooks, up and unders', I can face up and fadeaway, you name it. I'm a master in the post. :lol

DisAsTerBot
09-16-2010, 09:40 AM

daaamn. how DID you do that? My player mode is fun but it gets old fast when you're below 60 for forever.

jermaine
09-16-2010, 11:43 AM
Ah, the fake pass caught me by surprise at first. I'm so used to using B to call picks because the plays in 2k10 were awful. I would just run pick and rolls all over the court to score.
Oh, and I'm sure you know by now, but to post are performed by pressing both triggers while backing in with the left stick. At that point you can use the left stick to preform your moves.

I can score in pretty much every way; Hooks, running hooks, up and unders', I can face up and fadeaway, you name it. I'm a master in the post. :lol

I see they still have it as a defender once your into a player backing you down your stuck an can't pull away! You just have to get posted up. What ever happened to you being able to get outta a post move an not be stuck in animation?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-16-2010, 11:54 AM
daaamn. how DID you do that? My player mode is fun but it gets old fast when you're below 60 for forever.
I know people don't wanna be tall because it fucks up him many skill points you can get, but the best success I've had was as a 7'1", 265 pound back to the basket center.

What I do is focus on whoring out my vertical, post moves/post shot/rebounding rating to start off. No matter how bad you are at everything else, if you've got a high vertical/rebounding rating you can grab rebounds, and as long as your inside shot rating is high (it starts out at like 77 if you play as a center) and your post moves are high as well, you can score in the low post at any time. If you're good in the post, you'll get enough points to impress in the summer league and have your choice of any team to go to. Sign with the Thunder, and it won't take very long for you to outplay the scrub centers on that team so you become a starter and play 30+ MPG. You gotta be a ball hog and force the issue a little bit, but usually the rest takes care of itself. You start getting a shit ton of skill points after every game and you can eventually start improving other things like shot blocking, layups, awareness, etc.

TimDunkem
09-16-2010, 12:14 PM
I see they still have it as a defender once your into a player backing you down your stuck an can't pull away! You just have to get posted up. What ever happened to you being able to get outta a post move an not be stuck in animation?
It's an issue that has been brought up before, but it doesn't bother me personally. If you give good players space they will score on you anyway.

Ginobili2Duncan
09-16-2010, 03:42 PM
http://community.2ksports.com/community/insights/index.cfm?aid=2952963&l=11

Dynamic Attendance, Playoff Atmosphere. I have been waiting for this for the last 3 years.

Ginobili2Duncan
09-16-2010, 03:51 PM
VKIYCzJur3I&feature=player_embedded

2k has definitely stepped up the presentation this year. And they have finally added the organs in MSG.

MavDynasty
09-16-2010, 06:55 PM

lol sons, i own dirk4 with my low post dampier up n unders

MavDynasty
09-16-2010, 06:56 PM
They need to add the ability to demand how much money you want(mle, max etc.) and to have teams interested in signing you, basically free agency. Also, if you're a rookie in your 30th game you shouldn't be starting over Kobe

Spursfan092120
09-16-2010, 09:08 PM
game's fun..I'm making the switch this year from Live (Elite) to 2k, I think. Still hate the fucking shot stick though.

lefty
09-17-2010, 08:36 AM
VKIYCzJur3I&feature=player_embedded

2k has definitely stepped up the presentation this year. And they have finally added the organs in MSG.
Yep

Although gameplay is the most important thing, I like a realistic presentation/atmosphere

It would be great if they added regular celebrities such as Spike Lee, Jack Nicholson

Giuseppe
09-17-2010, 08:46 AM
It would be great if they added regular celebrities such as Spike Lee, Jack Nicholson

& our own Cobbler.

Chieflion
09-17-2010, 08:55 AM
& our own Cobbler.

:lmao

DisAsTerBot
09-17-2010, 09:48 AM
I know people don't wanna be tall because it fucks up him many skill points you can get, but the best success I've had was as a 7'1", 265 pound back to the basket center.

What I do is focus on whoring out my vertical, post moves/post shot/rebounding rating to start off. No matter how bad you are at everything else, if you've got a high vertical/rebounding rating you can grab rebounds, and as long as your inside shot rating is high (it starts out at like 77 if you play as a center) and your post moves are high as well, you can score in the low post at any time. If you're good in the post, you'll get enough points to impress in the summer league and have your choice of any team to go to. Sign with the Thunder, and it won't take very long for you to outplay the scrub centers on that team so you become a starter and play 30+ MPG. You gotta be a ball hog and force the issue a little bit, but usually the rest takes care of itself. You start getting a shit ton of skill points after every game and you can eventually start improving other things like shot blocking, layups, awareness, etc.

nice, thanks!

djohn2oo8
09-17-2010, 09:52 AM

Yea, i'm in my first season and have gone up from 41 to 64 with about 35 games left. Just focus on increasing the skills that are important to your player's position

jermaine
09-17-2010, 10:34 AM
I wonder y they don't do the off ball player lock on offense online?

Ginobili2Duncan
09-17-2010, 10:45 AM
Yep

Although gameplay is the most important thing, I like a realistic presentation/atmosphere

Don't think gameplay was left unattended to. Now when you control a certain team you can actually run the plays that the team runs in real life.

lefty
09-17-2010, 10:46 AM
BTW, have you noticed that players on the bench are wearing their warmups ?

It was about fucking time