PDA

View Full Version : ***OFFICIAL*** Chris Johnson, Rob Bironas, Titans receivers and Titans defense thread

Steve Kerr
09-14-2010, 03:03 PM
This is the thread for those who are like me and realize the greatness that is the Titans receiving corps, defense, and more specifically Chris Johnson and Rob Bironas. Please, no negativity in this thread, I am trying to pay hommage to the future GOAT running back and future GOAT pass defense.

The Titans defense is easily one of the best in the NFL. The young talent they have on the D-line is awe inspiring. Jason Jones is a defensive end in a defensive tackles' body, and Derrick Morgan is not only a Jevan Kearse replacement but a Jevan Kearse upgrade. Between those 2 up front and Finnegan + Griffin + Hope in the secondary, I'm not sure how the other team ever completes a pass. It must take a lot of pressure off the QB to know that putting 17 points on the board is almost a guaranteed win.

The combination of Chris Johnson and Rob Bironas are like a guaranteed 3 points every time at the minimum. There isn't a field goal that's out of Rob Bironas' range, he's basically Adam Vinateri with Sebastian Janikowski's leg strength. Their QB really doesn't even need to know how to throw the ball or read coverage, he can just be a duel threat runner with Chris Johnson who runs upfield whenever Chris Johnson is defended well (but we know that never happens, one cannot contain Chris Johnson). The 15 or so times the bootleg QB they have needs to throw, he has playmakers on both sides of the field in Justin Gage and Nate Washington.

I can't wait to see more great football from the likes of Rob Bironas, the Titans defense, running back and receiving corps. I can only imagine how lucky Tennessee's QB is to be surrounded by such greatness up and down the roster.

LOL texans
09-14-2010, 03:08 PM
2nd best team in the AFC south after the Colts no doubt. :tu

Steve Kerr
09-14-2010, 03:12 PM
2nd best team in the AFC south after the Colts no doubt. :tu
That's only when you factor in the QB position. If you look at each team outside of quarterback, Titans >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Colts.

Steve Kerr
09-14-2010, 10:52 PM
Bump

Dave Mustaine
09-14-2010, 10:58 PM
Rob Bironas has a tank for a leg. If you ever see a Titan's kick returner kneeling the ball in the end zone ( why would they do that though, they're the best KR corp in the league) it's because they know he's automatic from their own 20 yard line. Their defense is so swole, they sometimes let their QB throw it 3 straight times so they'll have to punt it away.

Steve Kerr
09-14-2010, 11:01 PM
Their defense is so swole, they sometimes let their QB throw it 3 straight times so they'll have to punt it away.
Great point, it must make the QB's job that much easier when he knows his team actually wants him to throw incomplete passes.

great fuckin defense :cry

Blake
09-15-2010, 08:34 AM
All they do is just win

monosylab1k
09-15-2010, 08:41 AM
Amazing how they complete passes and throw for touchdowns with no quarterback at all.

tbh I don't get how they're allowed to field a 10 man offense and snap the ball to nobody the way they do.

DAF86
09-15-2010, 09:32 AM
http://www.tiricosuave.com/images/2008/07/_40100759_collins203.gif
"What is this?"

Steve Kerr
09-15-2010, 09:42 AM
Amazing how they complete passes and throw for touchdowns with no quarterback at all.

tbh I don't get how they're allowed to field a 10 man offense and snap the ball to nobody the way they do.
they're just that good imo

DAF86
09-15-2010, 09:51 AM
Imagine if the Titans had a QB the caliber of Derek Anderson :wow

Steve Kerr
09-15-2010, 09:53 AM
imagine if the titans had a qb the caliber of derek anderson :wow
19-0

Trainwreck2100
09-15-2010, 10:05 AM
38-0

fify

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-19-2010, 03:18 PM
Rob Bironas didn't miss a kick
great fuckin kicker :cry

The Titans defense was given a short field all day but still only allowed 19 points
great fuckin defense :cry

dirk4mvp
09-19-2010, 10:37 PM
lol VY ball huggers not having any comments for this glorious thread.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
10-10-2010, 07:05 PM
W, tbh