PDA

View Full Version : House Dems won't force vote on middle class tax cuts

fraga
09-14-2010, 04:08 PM
Interesting Read. (http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/09/house-dems-will-not-force-vote-on-middle-class-tax-cuts.php)

Spurminator
09-14-2010, 04:13 PM
As usual, political strategy above the good of the country.

Wild Cobra
09-14-2010, 04:27 PM
Come on now.

We all knew they would let the tax cuts expire.

Wild Cobra
09-14-2010, 04:32 PM
All the democrats have to do is introduce very simple language that keeps the lower tax brackets in force, and restore the top one or two brackets. Instead, they want to play games, and blame the other party.

Spurminator
09-14-2010, 04:38 PM
All the Republicans have to do is accept the expiration of tax cuts for their wealthiest friends.

'Round and 'round we go.

Wild Cobra
09-14-2010, 04:46 PM
All the Republicans have to do is accept the expiration of tax cuts for their wealthiest friends.

'Round and 'round we go.
But I'll bet the legislation isn't that simple.

ChumpDumper
09-14-2010, 04:49 PM
But I'll bet the legislation isn't that simple.Boehner seemed to think it was.

Wild Cobra
09-14-2010, 05:18 PM

'Round and 'round we go.
I guess if there was any democrat legislation introduced, that could be said. I cannot find any democrat legislation dealing with the topic. I even called my congressman's office. The young lady I talked to couldn't find any info. Had to call DC and she got back to me. I just got off the phone with her minutes ago. The only proposed legislation that exists is proposed by republicans. None by democrats. Farther proof, they have no intention of keeping the tax cuts for the lower tax brackets.

This is all a propaganda game by democrats.

ChumpDumper
09-14-2010, 05:21 PM
I guess

fraga
09-14-2010, 05:31 PM
I guess if there was any democrat legislation introduced, that could be said. I cannot find any democrat legislation dealing with the topic. I even called my congressman's office. The young lady I talked to couldn't find any info. Had to call DC and she got back to me. I just got off the phone with her minutes ago. The only proposed legislation that exists is proposed by republicans. None by democrats. Farther proof, they have no intention of keeping the tax cuts for the lower tax brackets.

This is all a propaganda game by democrats.

So you are asserting that it is the Democrats who DO NOT want to extend the tax breaks for the lower and middle class...anyone making under 250k a year...

Wild Cobra
09-14-2010, 05:37 PM
VYxQwU1asE4

Wild Cobra
09-14-2010, 05:40 PM
So you are asserting that it is the Democrats who DO NOT want to extend the tax breaks for the lower and middle class...anyone making under 250k a year...
Yes.

They want all the tax cuts to expire. Otherwise, they would have introduced legislation to retain at least some tax cuts.

They haven't. Instead, they are making a political game out of this with their willing accomplices. The media.

There isn't a single piece of legislation by democrats to retain the tax cuts for lower income brackets.

I challenge you to find it and prove me wrong.

coyotes_geek
09-14-2010, 06:23 PM
Yes.

They want all the tax cuts to expire. Otherwise, they would have introduced legislation to retain at least some tax cuts.

They haven't. Instead, they are making a political game out of this with their willing accomplices. The media.

There isn't a single piece of legislation by democrats to retain the tax cuts for lower income brackets.

I challenge you to find it and prove me wrong.

This is exactly the reason why republicans should drop the fight over tax cuts for the >$250k crowd. By deciding to fall on the sword for the richest 2% they're giving Obama and the dems the opportunity to let the tax cuts expire and blame it all on republicans. Politically speaking, holding out for the rich is the absolutely, positively dumbest decision the republicans could make and they appear to be determined to do just that.

Wild Cobra
09-14-2010, 08:26 PM
This is exactly the reason why republicans should drop the fight over tax cuts for the >$250k crowd. By deciding to fall on the sword for the richest 2% they're giving Obama and the dems the opportunity to let the tax cuts expire and blame it all on republicans. Politically speaking, holding out for the rich is the absolutely, positively dumbest decision the republicans could make and they appear to be determined to do just that.
Well, the republican bill was just introduced yesterday. The text should be available in a few days.

Funny how the media makes up these fights when there was no bill...

ChumpDumper
09-14-2010, 08:27 PM
WC, the provisions of Obama's plan are well known.

You are being either stupid or disingenuous.

Or both.

Probably both.

Spurminator
09-14-2010, 08:28 PM
Well, the republican bill was just introduced yesterday. The text should be available in a few days.

You're just licking all this up like the stupid dog you are.

Wild Cobra
09-14-2010, 08:34 PM
You're just licking all this up like the stupid dog you are.
You looking in a mirror?

None of it matters unless it's in writing.

It's September. You seriously think the democrats want to retain the tax cuts for the lower tax brackets when they have nothing in writing yet?

ChumpDumper
09-14-2010, 08:36 PM
You looking in a mirror?

None of it matters unless it's in writing.

I'ts September. You seriously thing the democrats want to retain the tax cuts for the lower tax brackets when they have nothing in writing yet?I think Democrats are going to force the Republicans to choose between tax cuts for 98% of Americans or 0% as close to the election as commercial production and buying guidelines will allow.

If they're smart.

That's a big "if."

Nbadan
09-14-2010, 08:40 PM
If they were smart the Dems should vote to extend the Bush tax cuts and let Obama veto it...

Wild Cobra
09-14-2010, 08:44 PM
If they were smart the Dems should vote to extend the Bush tax cuts and let Obama veto it...
Everything is just lip service right now. Until something is in writing, and carried to the floor, it's just empty campaigning.

coyotes_geek
09-14-2010, 08:49 PM

Putting forward their own bill is fine, but republicans have to understand that nothing they propose is going to go anywhere.

Boehner has it figured out and the rest of the party should be following his lead. The last thing in the world the republicans should look to do is play the "nobody gets a tax cut if the rich don't" card. Voice support for extending the tax cuts for everyone, but be perfectly clear that's just a preference and not a dealbreaker.

Wild Cobra
09-14-2010, 08:58 PM
Putting forward their own bill is fine, but republicans have to understand that nothing they propose is going to go anywhere.

True, but they can honestly say that they introduced legislation and that the democrats didn't.

Boehner has it figured out and the rest of the party should be following his lead.
In what way?

The last thing in the world the republicans should look to do is play the "nobody gets a tax cut if the rich don't" card.
You mean only the rich should get a tax increase?

Voice support for extending the tax cuts for everyone, but be perfectly clear that's just a preference and not a dealbreaker.
Maybe I didn't read enough on the topic. Where is a link that says it's a deal breaker with quotes in context. You know how the media like to shape stories.

Winehole23
09-14-2010, 09:06 PM
Maybe I didn't read enough on the topic.Pardon me, did you read anything on the topic?

Wild Cobra
09-14-2010, 09:09 PM
Pardon me, did you read anything on the topic?
Enough to know it is mostly hot air.

I tend to ignore the "he said she said" types of coverage. You know I am a proponent of quotes in context.

fraga
09-14-2010, 09:17 PM
It's simple...

Democrats - Extend the Bush tax cuts to everyone EXCEPT the super wealthy
Republicans - Extend ALL Bush tax cuts

Wild Cobra
09-14-2010, 09:20 PM
It's simple...

Democrats - Extend the Bush tax cuts to everyone EXCEPT the super wealthy
Republicans - Extend ALL Bush tax cuts
Yes, I know that. However, the democrats never put it into a bill. Until then, it is just lip service.

How do they have any right to say republicans are killing a bill they never brought to the floor?

Come on now. Get real. Don't be a Kool-Aid drinking lemming.

Wild Cobra
09-14-2010, 09:31 PM
Available information for S 3773:

Bill Summary & Status
111th Congress (2009 - 2010)
S.3773 (http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d111:s.03773:)

Winehole23
09-15-2010, 12:38 AM
Thanks for the link, WC.