PDA

View Full Version : Parenthood - the series.

2Blonde
09-14-2010, 11:20 PM
I was watching this tonight and got a good laugh out of the following scene between Haddie the teen daughter & her father Adam Braverman, played by Peter Kraus.

Haddie complains to her dad about how she will probably be riding a bike for the rest of her life because "it is becoming obvious that Mom is not ever going to let her drive." It seems that the Mom, in a very misguided attempt to teach her daughter to drive, has managed to make her daughter feel like a kindergartener. She accopmplished this by actually grabbing her daughter's leg while the car was starting to move in an attempt to to operate the vehicle by lifting and lowering her daughter's leg on the gas pedal.

After this "lesson"?!?!?!? the daughter shows up at Dad's office on her bike to tellhim what's happening and ask for his help in getting Dad to take over the driving lessons. He say he would ove to but he's bust at work & that Mom would take it personally and be hurt if he did. The daughter then proceeds to mimic the driving session so he can see what she is going thought. Then when the daughter shows the stujpid things her mom did, the dad plays dumb and says something like,
Dad - "that doesn't sound like your mom."
Daughter's exasperated response is: - "Cmon Dad, I know you know that is Mom!".

The next two lines are priceless IMO.

Girl- "Dad, you and Mom, do you have, like, some stupid agreement about not acknowledging each other's flaws?"
Dad- "Yeah, it's called marriage" :lmao

ALWAYS bet on BLACK
09-14-2010, 11:52 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao
:wakeup:wakeup:wakeup:wakeup:wakeup
:married::married::married::married::married:
:wakeup:wakeup:wakeup:wakeup:wakeup:wakeup
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

marini martini
09-15-2010, 12:15 AM
:tu

Ignignokt
09-15-2010, 01:07 AM
gay

ChumpDumper
09-15-2010, 04:10 AM
Had some hopes for the show mainly due to the cast.

Disappointed.

ashbeeigh
09-15-2010, 09:08 AM
I adore this show. Screw you ChumpDumper.

ChumpDumper
09-15-2010, 12:40 PM
Why would anyone take another person's disappointment in a network television show so personally?

mrsmaalox
09-15-2010, 04:20 PM
I don't watch the show, but I think Peter Krause is yummy :drool:

ashbeeigh
09-15-2010, 04:30 PM
Why would anyone take another person's disappointment in a network television show so personally?

maybe I should have used my sarcastic voice.

Udokafan05
09-15-2010, 11:37 PM
Funny show