PDA

View Full Version : Hurrikane Karl":: man, this looks like a big thunderstomr /windmill outage

ALWAYS bet on BLACK
09-15-2010, 12:27 AM
http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-09-15/karl-set-to-become-hurricane-may-shut-mexican-oil-platforms.html

shittt, you need to be covered if you are inthis storms paths. Looks strong, winds will be hard and rain will be possible.
stay tuned to newes stations and weather updates 4 latest information. any resident weather xerpts want to chime in and help trakk this storm possible?
http://www.nnvl.noaa.gov/hurseas2004/jeanne1615Z-040921-1kg12.jpg

Sense
09-15-2010, 01:24 AM
Neither are supposed to hit the US...

Phenomanul
09-15-2010, 08:02 AM
And here I thought Karl was headed for Mexico... (Pictured is Igor)

Cry Havoc
09-15-2010, 09:04 AM
shittt, you need to be covered if you are inthis storms paths. Looks strong, winds will be hard and rain will be possible.
stay tuned to newes stations and weather updates 4 latest information. any resident weather xerpts want to chime in and help trakk this storm possible

shittt, you need to know what you're talking about when you post.

Both Igor and Julia in the above photo are fish storms. Only if you are in Bermuda do you have to worry about them.

CubanMustGo
09-15-2010, 09:37 AM
"windmill outage" ? WTF??

Stick to your usual racial schtick, OP.

MannyIsGod
09-15-2010, 10:34 AM
:lol

I think its funny no one even noticed that the picture above isn't of Karl, Igor, or Julia.

Another quality trolling job.

Cry Havoc
09-15-2010, 10:48 AM
:lol

I think its funny no one even noticed that the picture above isn't of Karl, Igor, or Julia.

Another quality trolling job.

I noticed that too, afterward. "Julia" was way too developed for "Igor's" size.

I just assumed he cropped the first photo he could find and posted this nonsense.

benefactor
09-17-2010, 05:49 AM
On a more serious note...Karl has exploded into a Cat 3 and could strengthen more before it plows into Mexico.

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/flt/t2/loop-rb.html

benefactor
09-17-2010, 05:59 AM
Those record SST's have been rocket fuel for this year's hurricanes. It seems like every storm that form jumps several catagories in the blink of an eye.

Cry Havoc
09-17-2010, 09:31 AM
Those record SST's have been rocket fuel for this year's hurricanes. It seems like every storm that form jumps several catagories in the blink of an eye.

Still not as impressive at 2005, when every hurricane went at least Cat 4 for a time there.

benefactor
09-17-2010, 10:34 AM
Yet another record falls...Karl is the first ever major hurricane in the Bay of Campeche.

MannyIsGod
09-17-2010, 10:36 AM
Yet another record falls...Karl is the first ever major hurricane in the Bay of Campeche.

Wait, what?

That sounds really wrong. Like really really really wrong.

boutons_deux
09-17-2010, 10:40 AM
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.mexico-cruise-vacations.com/mexico-destinations/maps/campeche_bay_map.gif&imgrefurl=http://www.mexico-cruise-vacations.com/mexico-destinations/campeche_bay_map.htm&h=385&w=672&sz=58&tbnid=JBOWXTYIy8pOjM:&tbnh=79&tbnw=138&prev=/images%3Fq%3DBay%2Bof%2BCampeche&zoom=1&q=Bay+of+Campeche&usg=__rUoTGrNhJR6T4kgYSFdg1tHkqx8=&sa=X&ei=4YuTTIXhBY2osQOZr-zkCQ&ved=0CDQQ9QEwBg

benefactor
09-17-2010, 10:51 AM
Wait, what?

You are welcome to name another one.

benefactor
09-17-2010, 10:54 AM
Charley(1955) and Hilda(1951) passed just north of it, but Karl is the first one in the actual bay.

BlackSwordsMan
09-17-2010, 11:59 AM
On a more serious note...Karl has exploded into a Cat 3 and could strengthen more before it plows into Mexico.

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/flt/t2/loop-rb.html
border patrol got a busy weekend

MannyIsGod
09-17-2010, 12:51 PM
Charley(1955) and Hilda(1951) passed just north of it, but Karl is the first one in the actual bay.

Those were in it, not north of it. Karl may be the one furthest south but thats pretty weak on its own. The whole "this is the first hurricane at X strength at Y longitude" shit is weird.

MannyIsGod
09-17-2010, 01:12 PM
BTW I think its cool how small Karl is. Its tiny.

Cry Havoc
09-17-2010, 02:21 PM

Julia is even smaller right now, although it's because she's being eaten up by Igor.

benefactor
09-17-2010, 07:06 PM
Those were in it, not north of it. Karl may be the one furthest south but thats pretty weak on its own. The whole "this is the first hurricane at X strength at Y longitude" shit is weird.
Of course it is...because you didn't say it and make all the lines where all bays begin and end, right?

Whatever. Your know it all douchebaggery in these threads is getting annoying. I'm not much more than enthusiast, but I know a little more than the average Joe knows about storms. I get my info from credible sources, just like you do...but your knowledge surpasses all those guys. If it's gonna be like this in every hurricane thread I'll just post what I know and ignore your responses.

Manu20
09-18-2010, 11:28 AM
yeah he was but he had a broad circulation and he left the Texas coast with a trough and with that it should cause some big rain.

MannyIsGod
09-18-2010, 11:43 AM
Of course it is...because you didn't say it and make all the lines where all bays begin and end, right?

Whatever. Your know it all douchebaggery in these threads is getting annoying. I'm not much more than enthusiast, but I know a little more than the average Joe knows about storms. I get my info from credible sources, just like you do...but your knowledge surpasses all those guys. If it's gonna be like this in every hurricane thread I'll just post what I know and ignore your responses.

Douchbaggery = not agreeing with your "record" (hurry someone call the guiness book) and not agreeing with where you end the Bay of Campeche.

I'm assuming you got your info from Jeff Master's blog or someone who got it from Master's blog and he himself posts an image that shows more hurricanes being major in the Bay of Campeche but because I disagree with you and call the making up of "records" such as that weird (I felt the same way about Julia but at least that was more noteable - saying that Karl is somehow meteorological noteworthy because its about 100 miles south of another hurricane in a constricted body of water is just hype for the sake of hype - there's really nothing noteworthy about it) I'm douchey.

Thats cool, and I've been called a douche on this site plenty of times but usually I earn the title a little better than I did here but if your skin is so damn paper thin you probably are better off ignoring my posts (was that really a threat btw?).

In any event, I'm actually more than an enthusiast but I don't yet have the credentials of a Dr. Masters.
:toast

MannyIsGod
09-18-2010, 11:46 AM
yeah he was but he had a broad circulation and he left the Texas coast with a trough and with that it should cause some big rain.

You've not been around lately in these threads!

Manu20
09-18-2010, 11:52 AM
You've not been around lately in these threads!

Damn I know :( will try to be in them more often :toast

BTW, it been crazy busy here in the Rio Grande Valley Alex, TD2, Hermine :wow
And not to forget about Dolly in 2008....

MannyIsGod
09-18-2010, 12:02 PM
Damn I know :( will try to be in them more often :toast

BTW, it been crazy busy here in the Rio Grande Valley Alex, TD2, Hermine :wow
And not to forget about Dolly in 2008....

I move from South Texas and they get Hermine come through. :(

Fuck you guys though, enjoy your tropics. I get snow storms!

benefactor
09-18-2010, 02:12 PM
Douchbaggery = not agreeing with your "record" (hurry someone call the guiness book) and not agreeing with where you end the Bay of Campeche.

I'm assuming you got your info from Jeff Master's blog or someone who got it from Master's blog and he himself posts an image that shows more hurricanes being major in the Bay of Campeche but because I disagree with you and call the making up of "records" such as that weird (I felt the same way about Julia but at least that was more noteable - saying that Karl is somehow meteorological noteworthy because its about 100 miles south of another hurricane in a constricted body of water is just hype for the sake of hype - there's really nothing noteworthy about it) I'm douchey.

Thats cool, and I've been called a douche on this site plenty of times but usually I earn the title a little better than I did here but if your skin is so damn paper thin you probably are better off ignoring my posts (was that really a threat btw?).

In any event, I'm actually more than an enthusiast but I don't yet have the credentials of a Dr. Masters.
:toast

Wait, what?

This was your response to my comment. This sounds like I am saying something ridiculous...when in reality I'm not. You sound like a douche when you call someone out in this manner when there is no real reason to do it. Just get the facts and respond like we are having a normal discussion about hurricanes.

It's been more than just that post. You did the same thing in the other thread...trying to say I was wrong when I mentioned not remembering a time when there were twin Cat 4's in the Atlantic at the same time...then had to edit your post because you didn't look anything up before disagreeing with me.

All in all, it's more about perspective than anything. Both of the other major hurricane's tracks were right at the mouth of the bay, so whatever makes your hair blow back. Even if you don't consider it being the first, it being the first one in over 50 years is and only the third in history is a feat in itself. And yes, I enjoy Dr. Masters blog as anyone who wants good hurricane info does, but I also take the time to do my own research...SHIPS models, steering currents, shear predictions, various satellite loops, SST's, etc.

Karl is pretty damn impressive though in just how he strengthened that far south. He managed to cross a land mass, go from a tropical depression to a Cat 3 in less than 24 hours and had the pressure drop almost 40 mb over that time span...all while skirting about 100 miles or so off the coast.

MannyIsGod
09-18-2010, 02:25 PM
So I'm a douche because I thought something, admitted I was wrong in another thread, and then because I didn't agree with you here.

Got it, I should never disagree with you because you're so thin skinned it hurts your feelings - even when the other person swallows their pride and ADMITS they were wrong. Jesus fuck.

Alex Haley
09-18-2010, 02:52 PM
Jesus fuck.

Starring Angel_luv?

benefactor
09-18-2010, 04:38 PM
So I'm a douche because I thought something, admitted I was wrong in another thread, and then because I didn't agree with you here.

Got it, I should never disagree with you because you're so thin skinned it hurts your feelings - even when the other person swallows their pride and ADMITS they were wrong. Jesus fuck.
I'm not here to get into a dick measuring contest about who is right and who is wrong. If I said something you don't agree with, then post just reasons why instead making assumptions. It's less about anyone's feelings getting hurt and more about just having a regular conversation about hurricanes.