PDA

View Full Version : Is it cool to get high everyday?

gospursgojas
09-15-2010, 12:52 AM
I have a friend that does....he has an ok job as a asst manager at a restaurant. He's one of the smartest guys I know and should finish school to put that big brain to work and get a career, and make some real dough, but he says hes too lazy and says its the weed that makes him that way.

I don't judge and really dont see too much of a problem bc hes happy with his life. If you met this guy you probably would suspect him to be stoner.

I know another guy (not really a friend) who lives with momma (age 26) gets stoned everyday, and does nothing but work at the same restaurant as a cook. He pretty much only works to support his habit and buy video games. If you met this guy you'd know hes a stoner.

I would say its cool if you smoke...even everyday. As long as weed doesnt become who you are and what you are about. If I asked someone who knows both guys to describe them, the first words out of their mouth about the first guy would probably be funny, smart, or a cool chill guy. The first words outta the mouth about the 2nd guy would be "pothead". And thats when I think its not cool...if thats all that you have to be characterized as.

Respond if ya want....

Sense
09-15-2010, 12:55 AM
Personally, I think the whole "weed makes me lazy" thing is retarded, therefore the guy who says it is a retard who's using weed as an excuse for being lazy.

gospursgojas
09-15-2010, 12:56 AM
Personally, I think the whole "weed makes me lazy" thing is retarded, therefore the guy who says it is a retard who's using weed as an excuse for being lazy.

I kinda think that too. But I don't smoke enough weed to make a fair assesment on if it actually makes you lazy

FuzzyLumpkins
09-15-2010, 01:02 AM
Time to spark up a bowl before bed. Alcohol is much more inhibiting to being functional than weed ever was in my experience. Its not so much about the frequency as much as when you do it.

Getting high before work is almost as stupid as getting drunk before work.

Boris
09-15-2010, 01:03 AM
I don't know about being cool but I wake & bake everyday. And yeah sometimes I'm still high when I get to work.

gospursgojas
09-15-2010, 01:10 AM
I don't know about being cool but I wake & bake everyday. And yeah sometimes I'm still high when I get to work.

Where do you work and how old are you?...(you dont have to answer if its too personal)

RoddyBukkake
09-15-2010, 01:19 AM
tell your frind the cook to get his 360, wii, PS3 or whatever modded so he can download games for free off the internet and have more money for pot, people on craigslist charge like $25 bucks to do it

Boris
09-15-2010, 01:28 AM
Where do you work and how old are you?...(you dont have to answer if its too personal)

I'm over 50 and do IT work from home monitoring several clients.

gospursgojas
09-15-2010, 01:32 AM
I'm over 50 and do IT work from home monitoring several clients.

:tu

phyzik
09-15-2010, 01:59 AM
If your doing it just to be "cool" your doing it wrong.

And Im in the same boat as Boris... Except Im 30... :lol

I dont "smoke" anymore, but I could if I wanted to. :toast

Kevin Durant 35
09-15-2010, 02:46 AM
Yeah its cool as long as you know how to act when your high. And dont hang out with stoners only!

silverblk mystix
09-15-2010, 09:12 AM
I found out many,many years ago...that it made ME lazy...so I dropped it completely...never missed it...

some of my friends, though, were the opposite and as soon as they smoked--wanted to work out and work out hard they did.

To each his own I guess...

Now, I get really high on reality...try it...nothing else and no other high will blow your mind as much as the taste of reality.

DarkReign
09-15-2010, 10:00 AM
Always depends on the person.

I personally cannot get high everyday as it does indeed make me extremely lazy and I hate being lazy.

I am more of a social smoker these days. If I have some peeps coming over for a game or whatever, thats an appropriate time. Beyond that, not so much.

Leetonidas
09-15-2010, 10:08 AM
I smoke weed like everyday while working full-time and going to school full-time and taking care of my girlfriend who lives with me. The whole weed makes me lazy shit is bullshit. People like that give potheads a bad name, because a real stoner gets over the whole lethargy of it all within a year of full-on stonerdom.

Leetonidas
09-15-2010, 10:10 AM
Now, I get really high on reality...try it...nothing else and no other high will blow your mind as much as the taste of reality.

Have you ever tried DMT? :lmao Didn't think so.

JoeChalupa
09-15-2010, 11:13 AM
Reality shows suck major ass. You won't catch me getting high on that crap.

hater
09-15-2010, 11:32 AM
most ppl grow out of it, I did. But yeah i know some who never grow out of it and smoke every day but also I don't see anything wrong with it.

Alcohol is 100 times worse than weed.

silverblk mystix
09-15-2010, 11:47 AM
Have you ever tried DMT? :lmao Didn't think so.

I am not familiar with DMT...what is it?

balli
09-15-2010, 11:51 AM
I used to smoke all day every day. Before school, before work. Right after waking up, right before bed and multiple times in between. And that shit's manageable if you have the energy for it.

Now I usually just take a single bong hit at night an hour or two before bed. And even though I do it every day, it's so inconsequential a part of my life that I can say definitively, yeah, it's cool. If cool equals healthy, that is.

What's a problem is when you smoke like I used to, but not because you want to, but because you feel compelled to.

koriwhat
09-15-2010, 11:57 AM
it all comes down to priorities.

school... i don't burn anymore while going to or studying for school. i've learned my lesson over the many yrs going back and forth to college.

work... it really depends on the job. when i was younger and was doing data entry work it was easy to get my shit done while burning a bowl or two every 15 minutes.

driving... i don't care what anyone says, it's a fuckin' breeze!

DarkReign
09-15-2010, 11:59 AM
I smoke weed like everyday while working full-time and going to school full-time and taking care of my girlfriend who lives with me. The whole weed makes me lazy shit is bullshit. People like that give potheads a bad name, because a real stoner gets over the whole lethargy of it all within a year of full-on stonerdom.

...it makes me lazy, fwiw.

balli
09-15-2010, 12:01 PM
I am not familiar with DMT...what is it?

A fucking insane hallucinogen that puts you into another world most of the time. I smoked some weed laced with DMT in Hawaii once (which I think is a less intoxicating method) and literally, I felt the hand of god lift me out of my body and deposit me in the corner of the room by the ceiling and I was just sitting there staring down at my own body lying on the couch, tripping the fuck out.

I'm not sure how you take DMT to get the full effect, but most people pass out and go into a full on alien world with these vibrating golden orb things that start talking to you. There's a specific name for the entities people encounter on DMT, but the name escapes me at the time.

It's produced naturally in the pineal gland (the 'third eye') and plays a role in dreaming and floods your system as you die.

mingus
09-15-2010, 02:13 PM
if it gets in the way of things then yeah it's bad. i know it can fuck with chemicals in your brain and create inbalances. moreso for some than others.

silverblk mystix
09-15-2010, 02:29 PM
A fucking insane hallucinogen that puts you into another world most of the time. I smoked some weed laced with DMT in Hawaii once (which I think is a less intoxicating method) and literally, I felt the hand of god lift me out of my body and deposit me in the corner of the room by the ceiling and I was just sitting there staring down at my own body lying on the couch, tripping the fuck out.

I'm not sure how you take DMT to get the full effect, but most people pass out and go into a full on alien world with these vibrating golden orb things that start talking to you. There's a specific name for the entities people encounter on DMT, but the name escapes me at the time.

It's produced naturally in the pineal gland (the 'third eye') and plays a role in dreaming and floods your system as you die.

Sorry,

I get higher than that on reality.

NOTHING equals seeing and touching reality...

but you gotta rid yourself of everything first...

illusions,attachments,desires,etc...

that is what is meant by dying to the self...NOT--hurting yourself...but dying to the NEED for things...die to the need for everything and you will start to see with an unclouded vision...

I'm pretty high right now as a matter of fact...I just don't need anything OUTSIDE of me to do it.

balli
09-15-2010, 02:32 PM
Sorry,

that is what is meant by dying to the self...NOT--hurting yourself...but dying to the NEED for things...die to the need for everything and you will start to see with an unclouded vision...

I'm pretty high right now as a matter of fact...I just don't need anything OUTSIDE of me to do it.
Sorry, I wasn't trying to evangelize the merits of DMT over sobriety. You asked what it was. I answered. I don't really give a shit about you feeling you get 'higher' from reality tbh.

MavDynasty
09-15-2010, 02:39 PM
Son it is alright but a lot of any good thing can get too bad. They have to know their limit otherwise they will end up like koriwhat. Person number 2 already sounds like him tbh

Frenzy
09-15-2010, 02:41 PM
I don't care for it. Never have.

Cane
09-15-2010, 02:49 PM
Sativa versus indica. One is more of a body high that leads people to being couch potatoes and the other is more of a cerebral high that you can go and do shit with. Although weed can have both its the sativa you really want. Indica's better if you can just stay at home or for sleeping. And skip shitty brown weed altogether. If it looks more like a spoiled plant than a green herb its usually not a good sign.

Smoking versus vaporizing. Smoking is much harsher on your body and drains your energy while vaporizing is healthier and also better for doing stuff afterwards. I recommend a Volcano vaporizer although it'll run ya about half a grand...its worth it. I've owned the cheaper ones before, the kind with whips in wooden boxes, and they're good for the money but still will run you 100-150 anyway so just save up.

Its not "cool" to get high everyday but to each their own. If you can make decent cash while also having the luxury of vaporizing the good stuff...probably doing pretty well in life especially in this god damn economy.

balli
09-15-2010, 02:52 PM
Fuck a volcano. Or even a cheaper box. Give me a glass bong and a $40 Black&Decker heat gun with an adjustable temperature dial. Or better yet a 4 dollar magnifying lens and some sunlight.

koriwhat
09-15-2010, 02:53 PM
Son it is alright but a lot of any good thing can get too bad. They have to know their limit otherwise they will end up like koriwhat. Person number 2 already sounds like him tbh

so wait a minute... if i suggest moderation and knowing how to prioritize your priorities and you're basically suggesting the same, then aren't you basically saying what i am saying? :lol

whatup monkey!?

Leetonidas
09-15-2010, 02:55 PM
Sorry,

Uh, no dude, you're not "high" at all. Being high is being inebriated due the consumption of a narcotic or other substance. There is a difference between feeling good, happy, hell even euphoric, and feeling high. You sound more like a douchie straight-edge kid, no offense. But the best way to SEE that reality, to break that astral barrier is to unlock the powers of your mind through the assistance of a psychedelic substance. And if you have never done it, then don't even start telling me you get more "high" on life or whatever, because you don't.

And yeah bali had a good explanation of DMT. It is a naturally occurring chemical in the brain and is responsible for dreams. Doctors are still not entirely sure of its purpose/origins in the brain but let me tell you something, that shit will take you on a journey. There is a reason why people who have had near-death experiences say they saw some insane shit (oh btw, that's what the "light at the end of the tunnel" is).

Though, I will say, to be "high" and being whatever it is DMT/shrooms/acid makes you is completely different.

Leetonidas
09-15-2010, 02:57 PM
Fuck a volcano. Or even a cheaper box. Give me a glass bong and a $40 Black&Decker heat gun with an adjustable temperature dial. Or better yet a 4 dollar magnifying lens and some sunlight.

Does that actually work? Can you vaporize the bud by just pointing the heat gun at the bowl?

Cane
09-15-2010, 03:00 PM

Glass on glass + ice is the way to go for smoking. Not much into the MacGyver DIY stuff after the high school days but you can make a "vaporizer" out of a light-bulb and all sorts of crap just like you can make a pipe out of an apple. Tastes like shit though and you get what you pay for.

balli
09-15-2010, 03:01 PM
Does that actually work? Can you vaporize the bud by just pointing the heat gun at the bowl?

Fuck yes. Seriously, you can buy a gun with adjustable temperature and it works as good as any vape I've ever used. I mean, you can heat it to whatever temp you want- you can vaporize trichomes or burn through a whole bowl.

Aside: A volcano is nice and all so you don't have to sit there holding a heat gun, but I could be a billionaire and I wouldn't buy one on general principle. Those shits are about 3 dollars worth of molded plastic, a cellophane bag with a rubber fitting and a rudimentary heating element. I bet labor and parts included they cost about 12 bucks to assemble and they sell 'em for $600... what a joke.

koriwhat
09-15-2010, 03:07 PM
Fuck yes. Seriously, you can buy a gun with adjustable temperature and it works as good as any vape I've ever used. I mean, you can heat it to whatever temp you want- you can vaporize trichomes or burn through a whole bowl.

Aside: A volcano is nice and all so you don't have to sit there holding a heat gun, but I could be a billionaire and I wouldn't buy one on general principle. Those shits are about 3 dollars worth of molded plastic, a cellophane bag with a rubber fitting and a rudimentary heating element. I bet labor and parts included they cost about 12 bucks to assemble and they sell 'em for $600... what a joke.

no joke!

and btw, yes the heatgun trick works. i broke a friends pipe with my heatgun once but that's the only time i tried it on a pipe. bong or nothing!

Cane
09-15-2010, 03:16 PM
Yea there's all sorts of cheap DIY crap that you can do. Still a good heat gun is going to cost you a chunk of money and if you're going to be toking daily, doesn't seem worth it unless you make a sweet set up. I like Volcanoes since its a quality piece thats damn easy to use, also looks nice with it stainless steel cover. Also has the sound of mind of being used and recommended for years amongst potheads while winning awards too. Volcanoes are also featured in several studies comparing the health affects of smoking versus vaping.

Glass on glass bongs are the only way to go for smoking though. Fuck paper, plastic, metal, etc. Major thing that sucks about gong bongs are that they're bound to break especially if you're a social toker. A volcano is much sturdier, got a warranty, and easier to transport if need be. :hat

balli
09-15-2010, 03:21 PM
Yea there's all sorts of cheap DIY crap that you can do.
I wouldn't exactly compare a heat gun to a DIY tinfoil pipe and some paperclips and duct tape.

What is a heat gun? An electronic heating element. What is a volcano? An electronic heating element. I won't argue that they aren't nice or more convenient or more classy, but really, the main difference is 500+ dollars and that one deposits vapor into a cellophane bag, while the other deposits vapor into the chamber of a roor knockoff.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a total weed snob, but I wasn't joking when I said I could be a billionaire and not buy a volcano on general principle. The price of volcanos is analogous to un-lubricated ass rape.

The Reckoning
09-15-2010, 03:33 PM
eh pot isnt as hardcore as society depicts it as. its like the grownup version of smoking grapevine. imo, the social consequences vastly outweigh the high. to me, its like having a strong cup of coffee. if i get charged for a class A misdemenour for drinking coffee, id rather not drink it.

Cane
09-15-2010, 03:39 PM
I wouldn't exactly compare a heat gun to a DIY tinfoil pipe and some paperclips and duct tape.

What is a heat gun? An electronic heating element. What is a volcano? An electronic heating element. I won't argue that they aren't nice or more convenient or more classy, but really, the main difference is 500+ dollars and that one deposits vapor into a cellophane bag, while the other deposits vapor into the chamber of a roor knockoff.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a total weed snob, but I wasn't joking when I said I could be a billionaire and not buy a volcano on general principle. The price of volcanos is analogous to un-lubricated ass rape.

Maybe the word should be "cheaper"; you can also hook up the Volcano bag to a waterpipe. Still seems like a pain in the ass to set up to make your own vaporizer thats worth using daily and thats another selling point of buying something already made.

I go for vaporizing since its healthier and imo much more convenient as well. Also like the high more, although a lot of people prefer smoking. As for the Volcano's price - yea its expensive but the amount of glass shit thats been broken probably rivals it (personally I've had three gong bongs broken, Roor types and thats just bongs) :downspin: They're like the BMW of vaporizers - overpriced due to its strong name but high in quality.

As for getting ripped off, do ya go all the way and grow your own weed too? Always wanted to get a personal set up since it seems much more cost efficient that way in the long run. Glass can get costly in the long run as well if you or your fellow tokers accidentally knock it over or break the damn bowl/stem/etc.

balli
09-15-2010, 03:47 PM
As for getting ripped off, do ya go all the way and grow your own weed too?
I have. I invested thousands into an indoor grow when I was 19, but the amount of labor and legal consequence aren't worth it, IMO. Besides, I go in half on ounces from a dude who wholesales pounds, so chronic is cheap enough.

Glass can get costly in the long run as well if you or your fellow tokers accidentally knock it over or break the damn bowl/stem/etc.
If you enjoy the volcano, more power to you. I've only broken one bong in ten years of daily smoking. It was almost brand new, but I rarely smoke socially anymore and there's almost no chance I break the one I have now. The other nice thing about glass is that it gives you an option. I don't always want to vaporize as I enjoy a compacted hit of smoke so thick it looks like milk. If I smoked more, vaporization might be more attractive, but I for one love straight up smoking. With a lighter.

FuzzyLumpkins
09-15-2010, 03:57 PM
Sativa versus indica. One is more of a body high that leads people to being couch potatoes and the other is more of a cerebral high that you can go and do shit with. Although weed can have both its the sativa you really want. Indica's better if you can just stay at home or for sleeping. And skip shitty brown weed altogether. If it looks more like a spoiled plant than a green herb its usually not a good sign.

Smoking versus vaporizing. Smoking is much harsher on your body and drains your energy while vaporizing is healthier and also better for doing stuff afterwards. I recommend a Volcano vaporizer although it'll run ya about half a grand...its worth it. I've owned the cheaper ones before, the kind with whips in wooden boxes, and they're good for the money but still will run you 100-150 anyway so just save up.

Its not "cool" to get high everyday but to each their own. If you can make decent cash while also having the luxury of vaporizing the good stuff...probably doing pretty well in life especially in this god damn economy.

Both have THC, sativas generally have more CBC's which is the chemical associated with the lethargy.

boutons_deux
09-15-2010, 04:01 PM
Andrew Weil: Medical Marijuana's Tremendous Potential for Curing Ailments

http://www.truth-out.org/andrew-weil-medical-marijuanas-tremendous-potential-curing-ailments63279?print

mingus
09-15-2010, 04:08 PM
Sorry,

smoking weed is a form of escapism, but so is pretty much every thing that is considered fun -- t.v., movies, etc.

koriwhat
09-15-2010, 04:15 PM
smoking weed is a form of escapism...

i don't believe that statement.

mingus
09-15-2010, 04:21 PM
then what is it?

koriwhat
09-15-2010, 04:46 PM
then what is it?

i don't smoke because i am trying to escape anything.

phxspurfan
09-15-2010, 05:27 PM

6cyXO5tO6kw

Yo soy la realidad

koriwhat
09-15-2010, 05:49 PM
just watched platoon the other day. :tu

mingus
09-15-2010, 05:57 PM

then you wouldn't be doing it.

DesignatedT
09-15-2010, 06:09 PM
back to the original question.... no.

silverblk mystix
09-15-2010, 06:09 PM
Uh, no dude, you're not "high" at all. Being high is being inebriated due the consumption of a narcotic or other substance. There is a difference between feeling good, happy, hell even euphoric, and feeling high. You sound more like a douchie straight-edge kid, no offense. But the best way to SEE that reality, to break that astral barrier is to unlock the powers of your mind through the assistance of a psychedelic substance. And if you have never done it, then don't even start telling me you get more "high" on life or whatever, because you don't.

And yeah bali had a good explanation of DMT. It is a naturally occurring chemical in the brain and is responsible for dreams. Doctors are still not entirely sure of its purpose/origins in the brain but let me tell you something, that shit will take you on a journey. There is a reason why people who have had near-death experiences say they saw some insane shit (oh btw, that's what the "light at the end of the tunnel" is).

Though, I will say, to be "high" and being whatever it is DMT/shrooms/acid makes you is completely different.

How would you know if I have ever tripped?

You don't and I have and that psychedelic trip did not compare to being in touch with reality.

Have you ever been in touch with reality?

I'm gonna venture a guess..umm no...based on your response.

If you had ever been in touch with reality--you would understand the genuine high I am talking about. Until you do, then maybe it is not so smart to spout off on something you have never done before and say that I am a straight --whatever.

I've got news for you;

You don't get in touch with reality by ADDING anything to ...``UNLOCK'' your mind :lmao

you would begin to get there by subtraction.

What would you subtract? hmmm.. good question...glad someone asked...

Let me put it to you in simple terms...

From the time you were born you were polluted in the following way....

you were a baby...you were clean and in touch with reality ...except your mind was undeveloped...

then your parents, my parents, our society, our peers, our religion,etc

began infecting us with the disease called...need for acceptance,need for success,need for praise, need for things, need for toys,need for love,etc...

If you look at yourself now and if you had to describe yourself...

you (or I-- or most anyone) would describe yourself as a ...

male or female
5'10''
white/black/asian whatever
jewish/catholic/muslim
thin/fat/muscular
democrat/republicunt

etc....

Each one of those labels---is a BARRIER TO REALITY...

if you begin to see the world through the FILTER of those labels---each FILTER will take away a small percentage of vision...until you can be almost said to be blind....

so

the result is that you are way way way out of touch with reality...

what you would then subtract to be nearer to reality is every freakin' label you can possibly think of----except for human being---that label is pretty accurate...you would subtract it by disassociating yourself and by NOT identifying with any of those labels...

you would instead see everything in its present freshness without attaching a label to it or seeing it through your formulated ideas about it...

in other words...you would be awake and you would be seeing reality without any FILTERS...

AFTER subtracting all those things , you might begin to see and get in touch with reality...and you will shut the fuck up and stop telling someone you never met that they don't know a high from a chemical induced stupor.

Just thank me for the lesson and be on your way , punk.

Just kidding...ok :toast

MannyIsGod
09-15-2010, 06:13 PM
I hope I never have to read one of your posts again. That is my reality.

J.T.
09-15-2010, 06:16 PM

Pretty much the same experience I had the first time around. Definitely the "hand of god lifting you out of your body" and the staring down at yourself parts. Funny that you would have almost the same experience that I did. Although one time I smoked DMT at this apartment where the guy had a wall-sized picture of the Axis Bold as Love album cover hanging up and some Jimi Hendrix silhouette man pulled my soul out my body that time...

2Blonde
09-15-2010, 07:43 PM
eh pot isnt as hardcore as society depicts it as. its like the grownup version of smoking grapevine. imo, the social consequences vastly outweigh the high. to me, its like having a strong cup of coffee. if i get charged for a class A misdemenour for drinking coffee, id rather not drink it.
My feelings exactly. :toast

Leetonidas
09-15-2010, 07:44 PM

You don't and I have and that psychedelic trip did not compare to being in touch with reality.

If you had ever been in touch with reality--you would understand the genuine high I am talking about. Until you do, then maybe it is not so smart to spout off on something you have never done before and say that I am a straight --whatever.

I've got news for you;

You don't get in touch with reality by ADDING anything to ...``UNLOCK'' your mind :lmao

you were a baby...you were clean and in touch with reality ...except your mind was undeveloped...

began infecting us with the disease called...need for acceptance,need for success,need for praise, need for things, need for toys,need for love,etc...

male or female
5'10''
jewish/catholic/muslim
thin/fat/muscular
democrat/republicunt

etc....

if you begin to see the world through the FILTER of those labels---each FILTER will take away a small percentage of vision...until you can be almost said to be blind....

so

what you would then subtract to be nearer to reality is every freakin' label you can possibly think of----except for human being---that label is pretty accurate...you would subtract it by disassociating yourself and by NOT identifying with any of those labels...

you would instead see everything in its present freshness without attaching a label to it or seeing it through your formulated ideas about it...

in other words...you would be awake and you would be seeing reality without any FILTERS...

AFTER subtracting all those things , you might begin to see and get in touch with reality...and you will shut the fuck up and stop telling someone you never met that they don't know a high from a chemical induced stupor.

Yeah, okay, I'm not gonna read that shit. Learn to type properly. Also, shut the fuck up you fucking retard.

Just kidding...ok? :toast

David Bowie
09-15-2010, 07:52 PM
I think it depends on the person. When I smoked pot it made me lazy and interfered with my memory. (Which is important when you go to school.) So, I stopped smoking pretty quickly and do not miss it at all. But like others say, I know people who smoke every day (multiple times a day) and do fine. One of my best friends smokes every day, he has a house and makes more then 100K a year. However, I do not like to be around him when he smokes because his personality becomes annoying. My bf smokes multiple times a day. He is a carpenter and busts his ass at work. His personality is more pleasant when he smokes and I know that pot helps him with chronic pain issues.

With that being said, I'm not sure that pot is completely harmless. I can't imagine that it's good for your lungs to smoke just about anything. I also have noticed that people's heart rates would go up after smoking.

xellos88330
09-15-2010, 07:55 PM
I never did illegal substances before so I cannot really justify offering a credible opinion, but here are my thoughts on the matter.

Personally I feel that if you want to sit around and get baked all day, it is fine with me as long as you do it in the confines of your own house and don't take your high in public. This way it doesn't engander the lives of people around (even though the probablity of it isn't very high, but there is a better chance impaired than there is sober) and there is less of a chance of you getting caught. It works for everyone.

silverblk mystix
09-15-2010, 08:03 PM
Yeah, okay, I'm not gonna read that shit. Learn to type properly. Also, shut the fuck up you fucking retard.

Just kidding...ok? :toast

umm..ok...

here's to you :toast

SUCKING MY DIK! :lmao

Leetonidas
09-15-2010, 08:07 PM
Dude don't be gay

silverblk mystix
09-15-2010, 08:17 PM
Dude don't be gay

ok...I promise I won't

Cheeto
09-15-2010, 08:18 PM
It's okay as long as you handle your business. Plus it depends on what you smoke. Smoke sativa & be more productive. Smoke indica & lay it down. You get what you pay for. In my neck of the woods you buy cheap shwag or you by the good BC or Medical mj ($50 an O compared to $240-$300 an O). The more expensive, the better high & less smoked (at least in my case)

Ace
09-15-2010, 08:20 PM
Its only cool if you dropped out of high-school and have calf tats.

koriwhat
09-15-2010, 08:31 PM
Its only cool if you dropped out of high-school and have calf tats.

"High School" & "Tattoos on your calves"

BadOdor
09-15-2010, 08:49 PM
"High School" & "Tattoos on your calves"

Shit, you'll be promoted to personal male assistant in to time!

Dave Mustaine
09-16-2010, 01:31 AM

I've got news for you;

male or female
5'10''
jewish/catholic/muslim
thin/fat/muscular
democrat/republicunt

etc....

so

This is one of the douchiest, self serving, jacking off to yourself posts I've ever read on ST. Congratulations.

badfish22
09-16-2010, 01:41 AM
the douchebag levels in this thread are groundbreaking tbh. Its coming strong from multiple posters with multiple view points.

ALVAREZ6
09-16-2010, 01:56 AM
Pretty much the same experience I had the first time around. Definitely the "hand of god lifting you out of your body" and the staring down at yourself parts. Funny that you would have almost the same experience that I did. Although one time I smoked DMT at this apartment where the guy had a wall-sized picture of the Axis Bold as Love album cover hanging up and some Jimi Hendrix silhouette man pulled my soul out my body that time...
Well...yes but not really. These substances make people have similar types of experiences, it just happens. While every acid trip can be different, and while each one has endless things that can be experienced, there's a lot of things that are common across many users and uses.

Sense
09-16-2010, 02:37 AM
My feelings exactly. :toast

But what if it was legal?

Sense
09-16-2010, 02:41 AM
I think it depends on the person. When I smoked pot it made me lazy and interfered with my memory. (Which is important when you go to school.) So, I stopped smoking pretty quickly and do not miss it at all. But like others say, I know people who smoke every day (multiple times a day) and do fine. One of my best friends smokes every day, he has a house and makes more then 100K a year. However, I do not like to be around him when he smokes because his personality becomes annoying. My bf smokes multiple times a day. He is a carpenter and busts his ass at work. His personality is more pleasant when he smokes and I know that pot helps him with chronic pain issues.

With that being said, I'm not sure that pot is completely harmless. I can't imagine that it's good for your lungs to smoke just about anything. I also have noticed that people's heart rates would go up after smoking.

You don't get cancer from it, so I'm guessing it does nothing to you.

silverblk mystix
09-16-2010, 08:13 AM
This is one of the douchiest, self serving, jacking off to yourself posts I've ever read on ST. Congratulations.

If you don't understand it-or have never tried it, then why is it self-serving?

Do you realize that everything in that post is true?

Do you realize I am not claiming to invent any of it and that I included myself in the parts where I am just like everyone else?

You could try and take apart every word-every line and you would be unable to find anything that is false. That's right-every-word-is-measured.

What is it with you stoners in here that can't take the time when someone has given you a treasure...

One idiot said, ``umm, I'm not gonna read all that,'' :lol

You stoners can throw out some half-thought out theories and crap and when someone gives you truth-discovered only after a lifetime of pain and suffering...

will sit there and throw out some more half-baked bullshit rebuttals.

I am challenging you stoners to use what is left of your brain to learn something new---something NEW.

Not- to just read stuff only to confirm what you already believe, no I am talking about being open to learning something new.

If you are too lazy to learn something new or don't care to learn something new or don't agree, that's fine-but to make asinine comments and deride someone who has carefully thought out the information and then gift-wrapped it for you...well that may be all you are capable of.

Maybe smoking that shit every day DOES do some brain damage.

Soul_Patch
09-16-2010, 09:31 AM
No, It is not cool to get high every day.

It isn't necessarily uncool, but there is really nothing redeeming about it that you should feel proud of.

JoeChalupa
09-16-2010, 09:37 AM
WTF cares if it is cool or not?

gospursgojas
09-16-2010, 09:37 AM
But what if it was legal?

Same question can be posed to those who do it bc it itsn't.

JoeChalupa
09-16-2010, 09:39 AM
People leave bars after having a few drinks every damn day. Would it be better if they just sat at home and drank?

CuckingFunt
09-16-2010, 09:42 AM
I'd say it's uncool to think it's "cool." Or that you're "cool" for doing it. Also uncool to be one of those who can't really do anything other than get high everyday.

Other than that, though, if you can afford it and it doesn't interfere with your ability to be a functional human being? Have at it.

DisAsTerBot
09-16-2010, 09:44 AM
Same question can be posed to those who do it bc it itsn't.

:lol dont know anyone who smoke BECAUSE it's illegal.

Ballcox
09-16-2010, 10:01 AM
It's all about experiences in life, right? If you enjoy the experience of smoking weed and it doesn't intefere with your ability to take care of responsbilities (relationships, work, etc) or lead to you eating up all the debbie cakes late at night and then your kid is asking in the morning where are the debbie cakes for my lunch? You're probably ok.

And to me it's still about personal choice. When I was younger and didn't have any real responsibility besides myself, I smoked weekly/daily. Now that I have 3 kids and many more responsibilities, I know that I'm a lazy as hell when I smoke. Don't have the free time to be that lazy for a long period of time, so I don't smoke.

Boris
09-16-2010, 10:05 AM
Some of you all need to stop being so pompous. Getting high everyday doesn't necessarily make one lazy or irresponsible any more than those who have a beer everyday after work or study all day long at the library. Many, many very successful people smoke weed and I'm sure some of you would be surprised how many people you know who smoke but don't brag or tell everyone about it. Including their close friends.

koriwhat
09-16-2010, 10:32 AM
people are going to be lazy regardless. if that's their thing, bud isn't the problem.

Ginobilly
09-16-2010, 11:45 AM
I think it depends on your profession and your personal situation. If your making more than $100,000 a year, like some of your friends that you mention, then it's okay. If your poor as fuck and struggling to make ends meet, then it's probably best if you stay clean for the sake of your family and yourself. I used to smoke almost everyday but then my family and gf started complaining about it.( Your breath and clothes smell, it's illegal, your going to get caught,et.) So I quit and only smoke every once in awhile now.(holidays, special events, once a month) It's better for me cause I save money and realize you don't need it as much as you think you do. And smoking it is bad for you because there is a lot of tar in it. If only they would sell legal cannibus butter so that it would be safer to consume.

mingus
09-16-2010, 11:52 AM
people are going to be lazy regardless. if that's their thing, bud isn't the problem.

no. Ive personally seen bud make people who were otherwise ambitious lazy as fuck. it's proven that it can lead to chemical imbalances in the brain and change a person.

ALVAREZ6
09-16-2010, 12:05 PM
:lol dont know anyone who smoke BECAUSE it's illegal.

Just because you don't know anyone that does doesn't mean this exists. I've heard from people that things being illegal adds some type of utility/satisfaction to it. I had this discussion about a month or two ago and some people, for instance, experience this about alcohol after a bit after being 21, as there are no worries about being caught in the act, etc.

And in no way am I saying I think that way, I consume alcohol and marijuana illegally and the fact that they are illegal for me does not add any satisfaction for me:lol

ALVAREZ6
09-16-2010, 12:06 PM
I think it depends on your profession and your personal situation. If your making more than $100,000 a year, like some of your friends that you mention, then it's okay. If your poor as fuck and struggling to make ends meet, then it's probably best if you stay clean for the sake of your family and yourself. I used to smoke almost everyday but then my family and gf started complaining about it.( Your breath and clothes smell, it's illegal, your going to get caught,et.) So I quit and only smoke every once in awhile now.(holidays, special events, once a month) It's better for me cause I save money and realize you don't need it as much as you think you do. And smoking it is bad for you because there is a lot of tar in it. If only they would sell legal cannibus butter so that it would be safer to consume.

Or you could smoke via vaporizer, which is essentially harmless, as it's a vapor you are inhaling...

Trill Clinton
09-16-2010, 12:15 PM
I wouldn't say it's "cool" but it's no different from drinking everyday, in my opinion its not as bad as drinking. I know people with master degrees and good jobs who smoke EVERYDAY.

In a nuthsell, it's all about moderation. If you're on the couch smoking a ounce a day bumming it out then you have a problem. But if you can do that while having a great job and performing at a high level, have a great family, financially stable and healthy then more power to you.

Leetonidas
09-16-2010, 12:24 PM

True.

Lazy people who smoke weed will get more lazy. But that's a bullshit crutch people like to use or blame their incompetency on. I smoke weed every single day and do so at work as well and get all my shit done faster than everyone else and I get straight A's. I hate when people try to blame weed for them being a lazy piece of shit.

koriwhat
09-16-2010, 12:36 PM
no. Ive personally seen bud make people who were otherwise ambitious lazy as fuck. it's proven that it can lead to chemical imbalances in the brain and change a person.

whatthefuckever

dirk4mvp
09-16-2010, 01:17 PM
:jack

gospursgojas
09-16-2010, 01:28 PM
Just because you don't know anyone that does doesn't mean this exists. I've heard from people that things being illegal adds some type of utility/satisfaction to it. I had this discussion about a month or two ago and some people, for instance, experience this about alcohol after a bit after being 21, as there are no worries about being caught in the act, etc.

And in no way am I saying I think that way, I consume alcohol and marijuana illegally and the fact that they are illegal for me does not add any satisfaction for me:lol

I agree. I know PLENTY of folks who drank a few shots away from death at the age of 20, and at the age of 21 never drink again.

The attachment of risk/danger/getting caught does entice some

InRareForm
09-16-2010, 01:31 PM
been done there, done that. it's fun for awhile. but eventually the roller coaster ends.

mingus
09-16-2010, 01:37 PM
whatthefuckever

alright, so you can't say anything useful. got it.

ALVAREZ6
09-16-2010, 01:42 PM
I love smoking weed, but it's really not worth it to smoke all the time. I go in phases where I consume much more than usual, usually in the summer where it makes sense (no class, beautiful weather, being back home with close friends, etc.), but purposely only for a brief time. It's not worth it at all to keep that up for long periods of time, just doesn't make sense in many ways:
1. After smoking daily for a while, your body builds a good tolerance, so while you can still get high, you definitely don't get as high as you would if you smoked occasionally, and you certainly don't stay high for that long, which makes the next reason have even a bigger effect
2. It is a waste of money, especially considering #1. You will be spending a lot of money if you keep that up for long periods of time, especially given that you need to consume more in order to get as high as before and stay high.

And these are 2 reasons why I'm currently on a hiatus, of at least a month, hopefully :lol . Now that I'm back in full swing of a new semester, it makes sense to keep the toking down and when I'm back, no later in two weeks, I will be getting extremely high off only one or two hits. And then the key will be to try to keep my usage rate relatively low (1-2 times per week as opposed to daily for much of summer).

mingus
09-16-2010, 01:46 PM
True.

Lazy people who smoke weed will get more lazy. But that's a bullshit crutch people like to use or blame their incompetency on. I smoke weed every single day and do so at work as well and get all my shit done faster than everyone else and I get straight A's. I hate when people try to blame weed for them being a lazy piece of shit.

you're applying what happens to YOU to EVERYONE, when what happens to you is not the case for everyone.

ALVAREZ6
09-16-2010, 02:11 PM
you're applying what happens to YOU to EVERYONE, when what happens to you is not the case for everyone.

I agree with him though, everything goes back to what kind of person you are. It's all about personality/character. When people are lazy shitheads and potheads at the same time, it really is their personality. Someone who is strong-willed is strong-willed, and can get their priorities straight and maintain them even while being a heavy user of most drugs. It all comes back to who you really are.

Leetonidas
09-16-2010, 02:31 PM

And you're applying what YOU'VE seen to EVERYONE. There's plenty of people in this thread saying they know people who smoke everyday and still function normally and pull down good money. There's enough proof that your friends are just lazy fucks.

mingus
09-16-2010, 02:54 PM
And you're applying what YOU'VE seen to EVERYONE. There's plenty of people in this thread saying they know people who smoke everyday and still function normally and pull down good money. There's enough proof that your friends are just lazy fucks.

no, i'm not applying what i've seen to everyone... maybe you're too high or too stupid to understand that because that's the only way you can come ot that conclusion based off of my previous posts.

and i'm not saying that there isn't any truth to what you're saying. you're argument is wrong when you state what you consider to be a generality as applicable to everyone.

mingus
09-16-2010, 02:58 PM
I agree with him though, everything goes back to what kind of person you are. It's all about personality/character. When people are lazy shitheads and potheads at the same time, it really is their personality. Someone who is strong-willed is strong-willed, and can get their priorities straight and maintain them even while being a heavy user of most drugs. It all comes back to who you really are.

i'm not even going to bother responding to this pile of shit.

koriwhat
09-16-2010, 03:07 PM

are you kidding? alvarez responded quite nicely... wow! ignorance is bliss.

ALVAREZ6
09-16-2010, 03:11 PM

:lol Ok that's fine, but it clearly is possible to be a heavy marijuana user and still be successful, and not lazy...as I know many people, myself included, who fall into this category.

Just because your friends can only handle one thing at a time in life does not mean other people can't.

ALVAREZ6
09-16-2010, 03:13 PM
no, i'm not applying what i've seen to everyone... maybe you're too high or too stupid to understand that because that's the only way you can come ot that conclusion based off of my previous posts.

and i'm not saying that there isn't any truth to what you're saying. you're argument is wrong when you state what you consider to be a generality as applicable to everyone.

And for what I've said, I'm clearly not applying it to everyone. I know this quote isn't a response to me, but clearly there are people who are lazy, and people who are not.

phxspurfan
09-16-2010, 03:47 PM
I agree. I know PLENTY of folks who drank a few shots away from death

Exactly how much is that?

JoeChalupa
09-16-2010, 03:51 PM
I've seen many, many people pass out doing shots and beer bongs but only a few while taking a power bong hit.

DisAsTerBot
09-16-2010, 04:11 PM

true. and i guess that's where it ties in to the op perfectly: "Is it cool?"... if you're asking yourself this question then you're probably also the guy who drinks underage BECAUSE it's illegal. Ignorance all around and if that's the case you should probably stay as sober as possible.

JoeChalupa
09-16-2010, 04:38 PM
Is that why kids are having sex at an early age because it is cool? My Catholic hypocrite ass wants to know.

Ginobilly
09-16-2010, 04:52 PM
Is that why kids are having sex at an early age because it is cool? My Catholic hypocrite ass wants to know.

Yes Joe, it's cool to get your pee pee wet at an early age. Girls take a liking into you because your known as mature. At least while I was in sixth grade back 97' 98.

Ginobilly
09-16-2010, 05:06 PM
Or you could smoke via vaporizer, which is essentially harmless, as it's a vapor you are inhaling...

Yeah I know, I was thinking about buying vaporizer but those things are expensive and I imagine their only worth it if you smoke some good dro, not the Mexican schwag we San Antonian's usually smoke. And I'm cheap when it comes to smoking weed because I wont spend no more than 10 dollars on a bag. 99 cents JOB papers will do it for me:lol, not the $2 zig-zag or the $5 rice papers from spain or whatever. But beer on the other hand is a different story because I do treat myself to the best HEB central market has to offer.:toast

mingus
09-16-2010, 05:24 PM
:lol Ok that's fine, but it clearly is possible to be a heavy marijuana user and still be successful, and not lazy...as I know many people, myself included, who fall into this category.

Just because your friends can only handle one thing at a time in life does not mean other people can't.

you're acting like you're telling me something i don't already know... did you already forget what i said in my previous posts?

ALVAREZ6
09-16-2010, 08:57 PM
Ask your daughters

ALVAREZ6
09-16-2010, 09:00 PM
Yeah I know, I was thinking about buying vaporizer but those things are expensive and I imagine their only worth it if you smoke some good dro, not the Mexican schwag we San Antonian's usually smoke. And I'm cheap when it comes to smoking weed because I wont spend no more than 10 dollars on a bag. 99 cents JOB papers will do it for me:lol, not the $2 zig-zag or the $5 rice papers from spain or whatever. But beer on the other hand is a different story because I do treat myself to the best HEB central market has to offer.:toast
Not necessarily... we used a vaporizer like 5 times per week last spring semester and I found that regular ass mids actually were pretty damn effective. It was almost a waste to be using up the heads on the vap. If you smoke a lot, it may be worth the investment, but who knows. I personally enjoy smoking out of bowls and bongs a lot more.

RandomGuy
09-17-2010, 09:38 AM
I have a friend that does....he has an ok job as a asst manager at a restaurant. He's one of the smartest guys I know and should finish school to put that big brain to work and get a career, and make some real dough, but he says hes too lazy and says its the weed that makes him that way.

I don't judge and really dont see too much of a problem bc hes happy with his life. If you met this guy you probably would suspect him to be stoner.

I know another guy (not really a friend) who lives with momma (age 26) gets stoned everyday, and does nothing but work at the same restaurant as a cook. He pretty much only works to support his habit and buy video games. If you met this guy you'd know hes a stoner.

I would say its cool if you smoke...even everyday. As long as weed doesnt become who you are and what you are about. If I asked someone who knows both guys to describe them, the first words out of their mouth about the first guy would probably be funny, smart, or a cool chill guy. The first words outta the mouth about the 2nd guy would be "pothead". And thats when I think its not cool...if thats all that you have to be characterized as.

Respond if ya want....

I guess it is cool until the lung/throat/mouth cancer catches up with you.

Just when we start to see real declines in cigarette/tobacco usage and corresponding reductions in cancers caused by those activities...

Time to legalize it, tax it, and make sure people like your friend are aware of the fact that smoking will kill them.

Boris
09-17-2010, 10:46 AM

Just when we start to see real declines in cigarette/tobacco usage and corresponding reductions in cancers caused by those activities...

Time to legalize it, tax it, and make sure people like your friend are aware of the fact that smoking will kill them.

Hell, being born leads to dying.

lefty
09-17-2010, 10:56 AM
Sex is better when you are high

rolled up $20
09-17-2010, 11:38 AM
sex is better when you are high

+1

ALVAREZ6
09-17-2010, 12:34 PM
Sex is better when you are high

Everything is better. Food, sex, music, nature, video games, watching comedies...

ALVAREZ6
09-17-2010, 12:35 PM

I thought that there has yet to be a study linking marijuana smoking to cancer...?

lefty
09-17-2010, 12:47 PM
Everything is better. Food, sex, music, nature, video games, watching comedies...
Laughing when you are high is amazing

You laugh and keep laughing, and the best part is that you don't know why :lmao

balli
09-17-2010, 12:54 PM
Laughing when you are high is amazing

You laugh and keep laughing, and the best part is that you don't know why :lmao

wtf are you talking about? The day I smoke a joint, start laughing, can't stop and don't know why, is the day I check myself into a mental health facility. Fortunately, that's never happened.

lefty
09-17-2010, 03:25 PM
wtf are you talking about? The day I smoke a joint, start laughing, can't stop and don't know why, is the day I check myself into a mental health facility. Fortunately, that's never happened.
That's because I used to smoke some special weed

ALVAREZ6
09-17-2010, 05:11 PM

Well maybe you're more experienced than he... I don't really get the giggles as much anymore, it really depends on your experience I think. I vividly remember the first time I ever got high...the first thing I noticed was how quickly it went to the head and changed everything, and then immediately after that I started giggling, to nothing, for a decent time. Of course that goes away more and more with use.

gospursgojas
09-17-2010, 05:58 PM

Wont ever happen...why?

Tobacco Companies have lots and lots of money and pull w/ the government

J.T.
09-17-2010, 06:44 PM

yeah, lefty is just being a little faggot here. pot doesn't make you laugh involuntarily. it dulls the senses so you may be more likely to think something is funnier than it is, but outside of MAYBE the first time you get really high, i wouldn't say getting a case of the giggles is normal.

J.T.
09-17-2010, 06:45 PM
Tobacco Companies have lots and lots of money and pull w/ the government

Who do you think's going to control legal weed distribution if it gets legalized? I guarantee you the cigarette companies have box designs and brand names ready to go before the ink even dries on a legalized weed law. That's actually why I don't want weed legalized. Think about all the shit they put in cigarettes other than tobacco. Decriminalization is the best way to go about it if you ask me.

Joe Camel
09-18-2010, 05:59 AM
Who do you think's going to control legal weed distribution if it gets legalized? I guarantee you the cigarette companies have box designs and brand names ready to go before the ink even dries on a legalized weed law. That's actually why I don't want weed legalized. Think about all the shit they put in cigarettes other than tobacco. Decriminalization is the best way to go about it if you ask me.

+1 Although if regulated all the BS additives can be kept out and in most States possession under an oz is just a fine. No biggie.

boutons_deux
09-18-2010, 09:43 AM
Alcohol Lobby Now Openly Spending Against CA's Legal Pot Initiative in Alliance with Police Industrial Complex

"emerging alliance between two of California's most powerful political players: the police-industrial complex and Big Alcohol. Campaign finance reports from the Golden State disclose that the California Beer and Beverage Distributors -- a trade organization that represents over 100 beer distributors statewide -- is one of the primary backers of the lobby group Public Safety First, sponsors of the No on Prop. 19 campaign."

http://www.alternet.org/module/printversion/148213

============

In line with the extremely lucrative, extremely ineffective War on Drugs, big money (alcohol industry and policeman needing to meet their arrest quota, 800K marijuana arrests with 800K police records hurting, destroying employment possibilities) feels threatened by competition from a safer, less pathogenic, even medically proven mind-alterer.

$200B is the estimated annual cost of alcohol abuse, but those costs are somebody's revenues.

boutons_deux
09-18-2010, 09:43 AM
Alcohol Lobby Now Openly Spending Against CA's Legal Pot Initiative in Alliance with Police Industrial Complex

"emerging alliance between two of California's most powerful political players: the police-industrial complex and Big Alcohol. Campaign finance reports from the Golden State disclose that the California Beer and Beverage Distributors -- a trade organization that represents over 100 beer distributors statewide -- is one of the primary backers of the lobby group Public Safety First, sponsors of the No on Prop. 19 campaign."

http://www.alternet.org/module/printversion/148213

============

In line with the extremely lucrative, extremely ineffective War on Drugs, big money (alcohol industry and policeman needing to meet their arrest quota, 800K marijuana arrests/year with 800K police records hurting, destroying employment possibilities) feels threatened by competition from a safer, less pathogenic, even medically proven mind-alterer.

$200B is the estimated annual cost of alcohol abuse, but those costs are somebody's revenues.

Leetonidas
09-18-2010, 10:38 AM
That's because I used to smoke some special weed

Unless by special you mean laced with PCP, then I seriously doubt it and am 100% sure you're just a fucking dumbass

ALVAREZ6
09-18-2010, 11:16 AM
Except if legalized it will be at the state level, likely, as that is the movement and California is about to decide on that issue. Those tobacco companies are registered on a federal level, where marijuana will still be illegal, and I think that might mean it won't be able to happen.

Anyway, growing marijuana would be legalized as well as possession of up to an oz. if I remember correctly in the bill being decided on in Cali, which is pretty damn nice if you ask me, I wouldn't mind having those privileges, worry-free.

Bender
09-18-2010, 12:10 PM
I can't afford to lose any more brain cells...

FuzzyLumpkins
09-18-2010, 12:24 PM
Anyone know what temp THC vaporizes at? temperature sensors are not hard to make with semiconductors and $500 is just plain stupid.

lefty
09-18-2010, 11:34 PM
Unless by special you mean laced with PCP, then I seriously doubt it and am 100% sure you're just a fucking dumbass
Talk to me after trying some quality weed

Dumbfuck

ALVAREZ6
09-19-2010, 03:06 AM
Anyone know what temp THC vaporizes at? temperature sensors are not hard to make with semiconductors and $500 is just plain stupid.

190 celcius works pretty well

Leetonidas
09-19-2010, 10:08 AM
Talk to me after trying some quality weed

Dumbfuck

lol not knowing why you're laughing
lol trying overly hard to seem high
lol smoking shitty weed
lol "quality weed"
lol lefty

lefty
09-20-2010, 10:00 AM
lol not knowing why you're laughing
lol trying overly hard to seem high
lol smoking shitty weed
lol "quality weed"
lol lefty
lol

Years
09-25-2010, 05:13 PM
Why would you get high everyday? What purpose would it serve?

koriwhat
09-25-2010, 05:36 PM
quality weed? you mean nug, chron, indo, kine, kind, kb, what...?

dimsah
09-25-2010, 08:36 PM
I gotta ask the people who get high often, what do you get out of it at this point?
What is "high" like for you now?

I haven't smoked in probably a decade now but when I did, I would usually get silly for a while before mellowing out and tripping. I couldn't imagine doing before work or anything because I used to do it before school and would just zone out.

I liked the silly phase. It was fun. I don't understand why that seems to be so looked down upon now. That's why I kept doing it for a couple of years, usually 3-4 times a day back then.

HeatChamps
09-25-2010, 10:22 PM
Yes. Very cool.

balli
09-25-2010, 10:25 PM
I gotta ask the people who get high often, what do you get out of it at this point?
"High" for several years has just been a different state of reality for me. It was just a different functional state and still is. The interesting question is what I get out of it now? For years, it was fun and formative; it was enjoyable to saturate myself with the early 20's pothead culture and made me more aware, curious and skeptical a person. That shit's over with, I've learned everything marijuana had to teach me. Now I just smoke at night to relax and unwind and trip out for a bit before I fall asleep.

Years
09-25-2010, 10:34 PM
I guess it's worth the risk of being caught. I guess it's something only someone who gets " high" can understand.

Still don't see it. Though I can say the same thing about people that smoke.

Boris
09-26-2010, 07:55 AM

I haven't smoked in probably a decade now but when I did, I would usually get silly for a while before mellowing out and tripping. I couldn't imagine doing before work or anything because I used to do it before school and would just zone out.

I liked the silly phase. It was fun. I don't understand why that seems to be so looked down upon now. That's why I kept doing it for a couple of years, usually 3-4 times a day back then.

I simply enjoy the buzz.

Ignignokt
09-26-2010, 09:31 AM
Smoking weed makes Random Guy forget that his wife is having extramarital relationships.

Years
09-26-2010, 02:54 PM
^I loled

TimDunkem
09-26-2010, 03:18 PM

Respond if ya want....
That's really what it boils down too. It's a case-by-case situation as some guys will let it consume them while others can smoke all the time, and live a normal life. It all comes down to the person using it, and you can say the same thing about any other drug really.