PDA

View Full Version : A life

TE
09-15-2010, 01:24 AM
My great-grandma, whom I'm very close to past away last week, and I feel mixed with feelings. I will sincerely miss her, she was honestly one of the best people to ever walk this earth.

The hardest thing right now, is not only to cope with the loss with my family, but to think of what awaits her after she has died. If there is a heaven, she belongs there cause she was an angel.

Her passing, has totally revitalized me to never take those close around me for granted.

I hope the rest of you all spurstalk dwellers, amid all the hilarious crap and heartless stuff that you all condone on this site and perhaps (maybe) in your real lives, take this message seriously.

Never take a loved one for granted.
:(

Boris
09-15-2010, 01:31 AM
As corny as it sounds I still call my mom & dad everyday for I know the days we have left are few.

gospursgojas
09-15-2010, 01:33 AM
Simple answer...

IMHO there is a heaven

condolences

Fpoonsie
09-15-2010, 01:40 AM
Sorry for your loss and I mos def echo your sentiment. Cherish the time you have with the ones you're close to. I learned that lesson the hard way, but it was a lesson WELL-learned nonetheless.

BadOdor
09-15-2010, 01:53 AM
There is no heaven. She will rot in the ground like the rest of us,

Sisk
09-15-2010, 02:07 AM
Some of you people are just beyond fucked up.

Sorry for your loss - unfortunately most on this board can't take a step back and be human. Anonymity is a powerful thing.

RoddyBukkake
09-15-2010, 02:25 AM
your great granny is going to be watching you jack off for now on

2Blonde
09-15-2010, 02:55 AM
Trig,
I am very sorry for your loss and am amazed at how quickly you were able to see the gift of insight that your g-grandma left you with. I lost my younger sister on April 16th of this year and it took me much longer to be able to see past my pain. In fact, it seems that 2010 is the year that just keeps beating the hell out of me. I can't wait for 2011.
As the old saying goes, God never gives us more than we can handle... I just wish he didn't have such a high opinion of me! :wakeup

Insomniac
09-15-2010, 03:14 AM
Losing a loved one is never easy and the memories never fade away. Lost my father years ago and I still think about him almost every day.

Summers
09-15-2010, 06:54 AM
Trig, I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my Granny a few years ago and I still miss her, but I take comfort in knowing she had a full, rich life before she passed.

The Reckoning
09-15-2010, 07:06 AM
just wait until your parents die. thats really a bummer. anyway, condolences.

silverblk mystix
09-15-2010, 07:51 AM
Sorry for your loss, may she RIP.

I just started a thread yesterday about these things. (A Parable)

You are absolutely correct in reminding people not to take anything for granted, and I will even go a step further and say we should actually try to remind ourselves to not take any moments for granted...every moment is important.

One of the things I admire about far eastern spirituality is the simple--go back to basics--

exercises...like breathing, meditating,etc...

All they are saying is ...be there..in every moment...so simple yet so powerfully true.

Heaven? It is unknown , isn't it?

Did she live? Did she really live? That seems like a more important question, IMHO.

You mentioned the kind of person she was and you think she was one of the best people to walk this earth...

It sounds to me like she really lived...and it is not out of the question to actually celebrate her life and honor her life with the way you live your life from now on...

There is a lot to ponder on and carry with you, it sounds as if she really left a part of her for you to carry on with.

Mojo to you & yours :toast

JudynTX
09-15-2010, 08:25 AM
Condolences to you.

Never take a loved one for granted.

I don't. I cherish each and everyday with them.

JoeChalupa
09-15-2010, 10:40 AM
just wait until your parents die. thats really a bummer. anyway, condolences.

I am preparing myself as best I can for that day.
I too call my parents a few times a week.