PDA

View Full Version : UFC Fight Night 22: Marquardt vs. Palhares: September 15: Spike

ace3g
09-15-2010, 12:44 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/04/UFC_now_FP.jpg

My Predictions

Main card

Nate Marquardt vs. Rousimar Palhares
Efrain Escudero vs. Charles Oliveira
Jim Miller vs. Gleison Tibau
Ross Pearson vs. Cole Miller

Preliminary card

Yves Edwards vs. John Gunderson
Jared Hamman vs. Kyle Kingsbury
Tomasz Drwal vs. Dave Branch
Rich Attonito vs. Rafael Natal
Anthony Waldburger vs. David Mitchell
Brian Foster vs. Forrest Petz

http://mmafans.net/topic/8319418/1/

starts at 7 p.m. cst on Spike then the new season of The Ultimate Fighter follows

8FOR!3
09-15-2010, 12:55 PM
I didn't realize how much that card sucks, I know it's a free Fight Night but wow. I didn't even know Gleison Tibau was still in the UFC lol. Palhares and Marquardt will rock, the other fights don't excite me too much. I want to see Palhares take Marquardt's leg home with him.

dbreiden83080
09-15-2010, 12:58 PM
Forgot about this one..

Main card

polandprzem
09-15-2010, 01:20 PM
My Predictions

Main card

Preliminary card

Tomasz Drwal vs.Dave Branch
Brian Foster vs. Forrest Petz

polandprzem
09-15-2010, 01:21 PM
Tomek got to win to keep going forward

nice card and i think I'm going to wake up at 2am for this fights

polandprzem
09-15-2010, 01:22 PM
btw. fuck me

You got to watch Q&A with Sonnen on ufc.com

Absolutely outstanding

8FOR!3
09-15-2010, 01:41 PM
^^ I love how Mike Goldberg was making jokes and no one laughed haha.

Stringer_Bell
09-15-2010, 01:49 PM
Can't say I can choose a main card of winners for this, but I think it's a good lead-in to the ultimate fighter. I like Cole Miller, and we'll see if Oliveira is the real deal (Escudero missed the weigh cut, so he might not be ready to throw down).

desflood
09-15-2010, 05:07 PM
Main card

Preliminary card

Tomasz Drwal vs. Dave Branch

ace3g
09-15-2010, 07:12 PM
http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/UFC-Fight-Night-22-Results-amp-Live-Play-by-Play-26883

recap of the prelim fights

I got all of those predictions correct

ace3g
09-15-2010, 07:31 PM
wow what a finish in round 2; Miller goes in for a flying knee, then gets a good 1-2 combo, Pearson gets rocked falls to the ground, and Miller gets his back for the rear naked choke and Pearson taps!!!

ace3g
09-15-2010, 08:36 PM
What a fight between Efrain Escudero and Charles Oliveira ; Oliveira might get a title shot soon, really good fight and probably submission of the night

ace3g
09-15-2010, 08:55 PM
wooooo, Nate slipped out of a leg lock attempt by Palhares and then gets on top and goes after the GnP; apparently Palhares was pointing at Nate's legs and laughs and says to the ref, that his legs were greased....

other than Rogan mentioning it nothing else has been said about the Nate's legs, victory will still be awarded to Nate from the looks of it

ace3g
09-15-2010, 09:01 PM
speaking with rogan after the fight, the doctors cleared him before the fight and checked him after the fight, and Nate said he wanted to come out warm so he would sweat good and be more slippery, so that hesitation by Palhares cost him the fight

so a perfect night of predictions for me!!!

polandprzem
09-15-2010, 09:38 PM
speaking with rogan after the fight, the doctors cleared him before the fight and checked him after the fight, and Nate said he wanted to come out warm so he would sweat good and be more slippery, so that hesitation by Palhares cost him the fight

so a perfect night of predictions for me!!!

Palhares was way better standing up

really nate could not get pass him. Even he denided himself from kicking the front leg not to let palhares catch him

And you could see rusimar on the ground and how dangerous he is.

Nate slipped out and finished the fight while palhares tried to complain. strange a,d damn i think Herb did stop the fight too soon

bad for drwal to lose the fight. I wonder if there will be this fight somewhere in the net

dallaskd
09-15-2010, 09:42 PM

Horry For 3!
09-16-2010, 12:38 AM
I could of saw this in Austin but I had to work tonight. :(

Stringer_Bell
09-16-2010, 01:24 AM
What a fight between Efrain Escudero and Charles Oliveira ; Oliveira might get a title shot soon, really good fight and probably submission of the night

Oliveira needs two more fights before we find out where he stands in title contention. Can he beat the average dudes (Efrain being, IMHO, the best average dude in the UFC)? Sure, he's willing to take hits and has great instincts. Now he's gotta beat Sotiropulous or Kenny before, and a wrestler. The Guillard/Stevens winner from UFC 119 could be good too. I think eventually he and Sotiripolous will fight for #1 Contender, but right now he's fun to watch for sure.

Palhares was dumb, but he's scary as hell. I'd like to see him and Okami fight at some point.

polandprzem
09-16-2010, 07:15 AM
Branch ate Gorilla
- oh that's frickin wrong

What about Jim Miller. maybe he needs to get an eliminator fight for the shot?

dallaskd
09-17-2010, 07:27 PM
http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/Fights-to-Make-after-UFC-Fight-Night-22-26928

The TroutBum
09-17-2010, 09:42 PM
http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/Fights-to-Make-after-UFC-Fight-Night-22-26928

I wouldn't shell out a nickle for a single one of those fights.