PDA

View Full Version : Brent Barry

Dre_7
05-20-2005, 12:45 AM
Before this series I still had faith in him. After the first 6 3/4 games I lost all faith in him. Now after he hit that big three and the jumper before that, I have a lil faith in him again.

Call it a smoldering wick, redemption time in the WCF!

atlfan25
05-20-2005, 12:47 AM
why not just have faith all the time, perhaps u are a bandwagoner

Xolotl
05-20-2005, 12:47 AM
All I know is I am officially on the Robert Horry bandwagon.

Dre_7
05-20-2005, 12:48 AM
Im not a bandwagoner, I just lost alota faith in him because of the way he played this series. But now, its a new series, time to forget about the past and play!!!!

He will come up big some time in the WCF.

(BTW, is "smoldering wick" the proper term??)

Dre_7
05-20-2005, 12:49 AM
All I know is I am officially on the Robert Horry bandwagon.

Welcome!

I was on it after game 5 WCSF 2003! :lol

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
05-20-2005, 12:49 AM
He hit 2 shots tonight, i know im grateful, because thats about 2 more shots than he's hit in the last 3 games

itzsoweezee
05-20-2005, 12:50 AM
I'd rather see devin brown getting more time

Xolotl
05-20-2005, 12:50 AM
Welcome!

I was on it after game 5 WCSF 2003! :lol

Lol yeah I got on it then. But then last year I got thrown off with a vengence. I swear he thought he was still on LA

Experiment2100
05-20-2005, 12:52 AM
Typical he finally make a three, then fouls out on the next play.

Xolotl
05-20-2005, 12:53 AM

Yeah but look on the bright side didn't he up his average by 5 points tonight :p

atlfan25
05-20-2005, 12:53 AM
barry typically fouls out?

Xolotl
05-20-2005, 12:54 AM
Damn foof your like Ms Cleo with your abilities

Dre_7
05-20-2005, 12:56 AM

How many did we win by???

Dre_7
05-20-2005, 12:56 AM
Barry's strugles this series were all forgiven by me when he hit those 2 shots!!!!!

Thank you for commin up big Brent!!!!!

Tek_XX
05-20-2005, 01:07 AM
Brent Barry played like total horseshit this series........but he can redeem himself by nailing shots against fenix.

whottt
05-20-2005, 01:11 AM
Brent Barry played like total horseshit this series........but he can redeem himself by nailing shots against fenix.

How typical of the Barry haters...on so many levels.

baseline bum
05-20-2005, 01:12 AM
Devin Brown looked truly horrible out there today. I think there's no way he can contribute this playoffs.

wildbill2u
05-20-2005, 01:13 AM
Hey, we need all the guys and their contributions. So Barry isn't a superstar--forget it and move on.

2centsworth
05-20-2005, 01:14 AM
We needed that three. For the first time the spurs truly needed something from him and he delivered.

Horry is a freak!

DDS4
05-20-2005, 01:16 AM
He disappointed me yet again. I predicted 6 points.

He got a lot of stupid ticky tack fouls on the defensive end.

baseline bum
05-20-2005, 01:19 AM
That three Brown took was about 8 feet short.

.. and Barry's three in no way excuses his lack of nutsack this series. Turkoglu hit that exact same shot in the same circumstance (down 2, midway through the 4th quarter, exact spot too) vs the Lakers in game 1 last year, but that didn't excuse his crap play the rest of the series either.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-20-2005, 01:21 AM
I am sorely disappointed, I expected a lot more in this thread from Whott.

whottt
05-20-2005, 01:23 AM
We needed that three. For the first time the spurs truly needed something from him and he delivered.

Horry is a freak!

Where the fuck do you guys get this shit from?

He lead the team in 2 point PCT...he probably his as many big last second shots in the 4th quarter on this team as anyone this season...

He was the best shooter in the final minutes of the game this season...

He was second on the team in PPS, 1 in assist to TO ratio

First in FT point PCT...

and he's playing the exact same fucking way now...

You guys want him to be agressive camping out there at the 3 line...the only way he can shoot, is to jack up shit playing one on one with the looks he gets...

Why don't you guys fucking look at what Beno and Robinson are shooting and see if you really want another guy using that philosophy.

The problem with the Barry haters: A. They have totally shitty memories

B. They are frontrunning bandwaggoners.

B.They judge everything by PPG...

Guess what clowns...in his career he's scored 10 PPG in 29 minutes....Exactly how much more do you want him to score in fucking less minutes?

When he's been put in the game late we have won nearly every time...including our most impressive wins of the season.

Experiment2100
barry typically fouls out?

What I meant was that this series has been so bad for him that when he finally gets a three he fouls out.

whottt
By the way...how'd everyones hero Jack do tonight?

Hmmm? How's he done the last two games?

2centsworth
05-20-2005, 01:25 AM
I am sorely disappointed, I expected a lot more in this thread from Whott.
He only shows when Barry score 5 points or more.

whottt
05-20-2005, 01:31 AM
That's funny coming from the guy who quit and stopped posting with 2 months left in the season because of a loss...

You and TPark belong together.

timvp
05-20-2005, 01:34 AM
Props to Barry. He hit a nice runner and a wide open three. That's what the Spurs need.

P.S.

HUGE pvssy move by Whottt to not post at all after last game and wait until right now. That was the weakest event ever in this forum. He ignores the 22 Billion and waits for Barry to hit a shot to post again.

Whottt hittt a new low.

T Park
05-20-2005, 01:36 AM
^^^ LOL

Remember the missed layup TIMVP??

He immediately pointed up (THATS FOR YOU WHOTTT!!!)

:rollin

timvp
05-20-2005, 01:37 AM
Seriously, that was the biggest pvssy move this forum has ever seen.

whottt
05-20-2005, 01:37 AM
Exactly how many times do you want me to repeat myself?

I been saying the same fucking thing since December...

What's weak is calling Barry a choker and comparing him to Hedo...it just aint fucking true...it's just not...tell me one time the motherfucker has choked this season.

You guys are hating him for what he isn't...a scorer. Admit you are wrong about questioning his heart and rip the deserving party...Pop, for not utilizing him as anything but a last resort.

whottt
05-20-2005, 01:38 AM
The pussy move is you not admitting I am right about him not being a choker and having a double standard when it comes to Barry...

2centsworth
Exactly how many times do you want me to repeat myself?

I been saying the same fucking thing since December...

What's weak is calling Barry a choker and comparing him to Hedo...it just aint fucking true...it's just not...tell me one time the motherfucker has choked this season.

You guys are hating him for what he isn't...a scorer. Admit you are wrong about questioning his hear and rip the deserving party...Pop, for not utilizing him as anything but a last resort.
your team lost, go away.

timvp
STFU. You won the Golden Pvssy Award. You vanish and say NOTHING after game five and now come in trying to say you were right.

Any respect I had is gone.

T Park
05-20-2005, 01:39 AM
where were you after the fantastic performance in game 5 chump.....

dav4463
Brent Barry will show up next series. I just don't think he matched up well against Seattle. He'll be back .

T Park
Yeah, WTF, he called Seattle in this series,

Ive ate my crow parm sandwich, WTF is his!??!?

2centsworth
05-20-2005, 01:41 AM
Brent Barry will show up next series. I just don't think he matched up well against Seattle. He'll be back .
horry had his trouble with his former team last year too. Hopefully that means something.

beirmeistr
05-20-2005, 01:43 AM
Before this series I still had faith in him. After the first 6 3/4 games I lost all faith in him. Now after he hit that big three and the jumper before that, I have a lil faith in him again.

Call it a smoldering wick, redemption time in the WCF!
Everything is appreciated in a fiercely-fought game like this was. I'll take Barry's three and hope that he overcomes all the negativity and helps in whatever capacity against Phoenix (or Dallas).

baseline bum
05-20-2005, 01:45 AM
Barry sucks, but he's our default since Brown is obviously not anywhere close to playing condition, and well... Robinson sucks in this offense. I'm very happy with his D though, I just don't like his post-ups and ball-hogging in the offense.

timvp
05-20-2005, 01:46 AM
*Whottt typing long post*

Dre_7
Everything is appreciated in a fiercely-fought game like this was. I'll take Barry's three and hope that he overcomes all the negativity and helps in whatever capacity against Phoenix (or Dallas).

Yeah and its rare that I lose faith in a Spur, but I have to admit I did lose faith in Barry (Im not a bandwagoner though!). Hopefully this will teach me my lesson.

Barry will come up big next series!!!!

milkyway21
you know i actually thanked Brent Barry WHEN HE MADE A 3 in the 4th....

no hard feelings on Barry. Manu could have fouled out if not for his 6 fouls...

Dre_7
05-20-2005, 01:53 AM
When he made that three I forgave him out loud! That shot was all that mattered for me!!!

Big shot!!!!

Oh and to that person who said that Hedo made that same kinda shot in game 1 last year: Game 6 is a lot different than game 1!!!

Barry sucked it up and came up big in the end!

2centsworth
05-20-2005, 01:54 AM
When he made that three I forgave him out loud! That shot was all that mattered for me!!!

Big shot!!!!

Oh and to that person who said that Hedo made that same kinda shot in game 1 last year: Game 6 is a lot different than game 1!!!

Barry sucked it up and came up big in the end!
Yes Sir!

whottt
05-20-2005, 01:54 AM
*Whottt typing long post*

I'll delete what I wrote...that's real classy...call me out and then rip me for responding...I wonder why I stopped doing it.

whottt
05-20-2005, 01:55 AM
Don't call me out in anymore Barry threads, I won't be responding to another of them...I knew it was a fucking bad idea to post in this one.

2centsworth
05-20-2005, 01:56 AM
I'll delete what I wrote...that's real classy...call me out and then rip me for responding...I wonder why I stopped doing it.
had nothing to do with Barry going hitless?

timvp
05-20-2005, 01:56 AM
:lmao

Barry hits one important shot in the playoffs and Whottt thinks he's Michael Jordan. He must not have noticed that no one was within 10 feet of Barry. In fact, the Sonics weren't even guarding him most of the game.

All you had to do was come into that thread and say something. Just show your alive. Just don't back down like your hero does.

If you would have posted any time after game five and would have been like "F you timvp" ... I would have still have respect for you.

Right now I respect the booing Sonics fans more than I respect you.

timvp
05-20-2005, 01:58 AM
:rolleyes

Giving up? Where have I heard that before ...

Kori Ellis
05-20-2005, 02:06 AM

Whottt, seriously if you would have just shown your face after game five, then no one would be ripping you. But you were a frickin' ghost. You can't run when he sucks ass and gloat when he hits one shot. That's pussy.

Xolotl
05-20-2005, 02:07 AM
I know im gonna love a website when the Owners come out and call people pussies.......yes yes in de face

whottt
05-20-2005, 02:08 AM
had nothing to do with Barry going hitless?

Um, since I blame his struggles on the way Pop utlizes him when Duncan is healthy...why would him doing 0-3 change my stance...

I am not the one surprised at what he did tonight.

I can't help it that you guys don't have the same perception that game that I do...

What I see is people making stupid unprovable criticisms that have no factual basis...that I have destroyed time and time again this season...

To me you guys just refuse to own up...

Kori Ellis
05-20-2005, 02:10 AM
What I see is people making stupid unprovable criticisms that have no factual basis

Fact: Game Five he played 22 minutes and logged a foul -- that's it. And you logged no posts.

2centsworth
05-20-2005, 02:13 AM
Um, since I blame his struggles on the way Pop utlizes him when Duncan is healthy...why would him doing 0-3 change my stance...

I am not the one surprised at what he did tonight.

I can't help it that you guys don't have the same perception that game that I do...

What I see is people making stupid unprovable criticisms that have no factual basis...that I have destroyed time and time again this season...

To me you guys just refuse to own up...

You're blind dude and you're way off on your predictions. I'll give you Barry helps open up the floor, because for someone who has struggled the other teams sure do make an effort not to give him open looks. However, you're way off on Pop and your perception of Barry's value is inflated.

Also, Barry had the worst game ever in the history of playoff basketball in game 5.

whottt
05-20-2005, 02:15 AM
Whottt, seriously if you would have just shown your face after game five, then no one would be ripping you. But you were a frickin' ghost. You can't run when he sucks ass and gloat when he hits one shot. That's pussy.

What...you guys want me to respond?

All you do is ignore the statistical data and then call me Mrs. Brent Barry...

What exactly am I supposed to do?

I was here on the forum...I just elected not to respond...

But what makes you guys think I am gonna change my stance because of that game?

Did I change it at any other point this season?

Did I change it when he went scoreless for 2 games earlier in the year?

I've said all along it's the way Pop utlized him...

I showed his numbers are better than Jack...

What was you guys response? IT's timing...

So tonight his timing was impeccable...and what do you guys say?

IT doesn't count.

I just don't know what you want me to say differently...

Have ya'll listened to the explanations I have given for his struggles?

If you have been you would under why whether or not I posted after the last game was inconsequential...I blame Pop for the way he uses Barry...what makes you think that game was going to be any different?

The thing is I am right...Barry has done this all season long...I don't understand why you guys continue to question his heart...there is no factual basis for it.

If there is...tell me what it is.

Then funny thing is...if Barry had scored 20 tonight...it would have been a blowout...and you guys would have said it didn't count...that's what you do every other time....

What more am I supposed to say?

You guys want to hate him...you have clear double standard...it's obvious you are guys are Devin Brown homers...and ya'll are gonna believe what you want to belive...you obviously don't agree with my stance on Barry, and there is nothing I can do to change that.

timvp
05-20-2005, 02:17 AM
http://www.spurstalk.com/52hours.jpg

http://www.spurstalk.com/goldcat.gif

Kori Ellis
05-20-2005, 02:25 AM
What...you guys want me to respond?

All you do is ignore the statistical data and then call me Mrs. Brent Barry...

What exactly am I supposed to do?

I was here on the forum...I just elected not to respond...

But what makes you guys think I am gonna change my stance because of that game?

Did I change it at any other point this season?

Did I change it when he went scoreless for 2 games earlier in the year?

I've said all along it's the way Pop utlized him...

I showed his numbers are better than Jack...

What was you guys response? IT's timing...

So tonight his timing was impeccable...and what do you guys say?

IT doesn't count.

I just don't know what you want me to say differently...

Have ya'll listened to the explanations I have given for his struggles?

If you have been you would under why whether or not I posted after the last game was inconsequential...I blame Pop for the way he uses Barry...what makes you think that game was going to be any different?

The thing is I am right...Barry has done this all season long...I don't understand why you guys continue to question his heart...there is no factual basis for it.

If there is...tell me what it is.

Then funny thing is...if Barry had scored 20 tonight...it would have been a blowout...and you guys would have said it didn't count...that's what you do every other time....

What more am I supposed to say?

You guys want to hate him...you have clear double standard...it's obvious you are guys are Devin Brown homers...and ya'll are gonna believe what you want to belive...you obviously don't agree with my stance on Barry, and there is nothing I can do to change that.

So basically you are saying that you didn't want to take the heat?

If you would just once say that Barry sucks when he sucks and not blame it on misuse, then people wouldn't bust your balls. But since you can't once admit that ON MANY OCCASIONS (read: not always) he passes up open looks and is hesitant to shoot, then we wouldn't ride you.

Tonight he hit a timely shot. To prove his worth, he has to do it more often this postseason.

BTW, you were wrong -- the Spurs beat the Sonics. :princess

whottt
05-20-2005, 02:50 AM
LMAO you guys actually think I was worried about getting heat? I have been getting heat over it all season long...

If I had posted I just would have said the same thing I have said all season long...Pop needs to let him handle the ball instead of Beno. Parker, Duncan and Manu are hogging the ball and not kicking it out of the paint...

Why do you guys think my stance was going to change? I am right...why don't ya'll just admit it...

Instead of acting like Barry is the worse player in history...while giving Pop a free pass for continuing to play Beno...when he has sucked total ass in this series. I know he's a rookie...but he's damaging, the fact that you guys would rather act like Pop is a genius and just overlook that fact...it's just draining.

So if I pussed out on the Barry thing...why didn't I puss out on predicting the Sonics would win? And BTW, Suns or Mavs in 7, because of Pop.

Hell I told Jailbre to give me a new title after I lost the bet on Denver in the first round...he never did anything about it.

And I have never said that Barry hasn't struggled, it's obvious he has struggled adapting to the Spurs...what I have defended him against is those that label him a choker, compare him to hedo, or question his heart, or expect him to be something he isn't...

It may surprise you guys to hear this...but I am not a Brent Barry homer....I wasn't even that crazy about the signing, I have become more of a fan of him this season, he's not a fucking choker, and it's a lazy criticism to make...the criticism against him is fucking lame. Pop is unquestionable and he never makes mistakes so it must just be that Barry is a choker...even though he's stepped huge every time this season when given the chance...

Do you guys realize how many games he started 1-5 this season and then was given more minutes and stepped huge late in the game?

It's not just the Phoenix, it was Houston, New Jersey, Golden State, the Clippers, the Lakers....all but 2 of those without Duncan and with Pop being forced to let him run the offense more....just like he did tonight.

The guy fucking lead the team in shooting in the final 5 minutes of close games this year...he missed only one FT in that situation the entire season..about the only close games we have won this season were ones he was on the court extensively at the end...

He's not a fucking choker.

...and his struggles are as much because of Pop as anything he is doing himself...

On top of that...he's shooting better than Kerr or Jack did their first season here...he's shooting better in the post season than they did...he's shooting better than Mario Elie did...

He's 1 3 pointer away from shooting 41% from 3 in the playoffs..1 3 pointer in the same number of attempts...and the Spurs don't look for him until things get deseperate...and he steps up every time...and he does even better without Duncan.

Why do I blame Pop...because the best basketball Barry played this entire season was when Duncan was injured...what is Pop's solution to get more out of him? Give him even more minutes with Duncan in the 4 down offense.

There...I said it for the 4 billionth time...

By th way...how's Jack doing?

Kori Ellis
05-20-2005, 02:54 AM
If I had posted I just would have said the same thing I have said all season long...Pop needs to let him handle the ball instead of Beno. Parker, Duncan and Manu are hogging the ball and not kicking it out of the paint...

He had 18 touches in the first half alone of Game Five. How many more touches should have gotten.

whottt
05-20-2005, 03:10 AM
I don't think you and I consider the same thing touches...inletting it to Duncan is not a touch...Tony Massenburg does that on the perimeter...

Kori Ellis
05-20-2005, 03:12 AM
I don't think you and I consider the same thing touches...inletting it to Duncan is not a touch...Tony Massenburg does that on the perimeter...

Go watch the tape. At least 70% of the 18 were not inletting.

whottt
05-20-2005, 03:36 AM
You're blind dude and you're way off on your predictions.

You leave my predictions alone and don't look a gifthorse in the mouth.

I'll give you Barry helps open up the floor, because for someone who has struggled the other teams sure do make an effort not to give him open looks.

At last, some one that realizes that teams don't dare the 17th best 3 point shooter in NBA history, and the # 10 player all time in PPS, to beat them...You are a rarity on this board in that you actually notice he doesn't get left open often....he damn sure doesn't get left open at the 3 point line as much as Jack, Hedo, Manu or Parker did...The Lakers dared Hedo to shoot....no one dares Barry to shoot, ever.

But now do you also notice how rarely he gets the ball when he is wide open off of paint penetration? How he gets fewer opportunities to handle the ball than any other guard on our team? Inspite of having the best court awareness on the te4am? He finds more open guys that any player on this team....

However, you're way off on Pop and your perception of Barry's value is inflated.

That's where you are wrong...that's where every Barry hater is, and continues to be wrong...

There was an article a few months ago that listed him as one of the most under-rated players in the NBA....even this season where he had the audacity to shoot 36% from 3 and to lead the team in 2PT%, asssist to TO ratio, FT % and was second in PPS.

Now? Guess what? He leads the two point PCT in the playoffs, he's second in FT shooting, he tied for 3rd in PPS, and even his D is greatly improved in this series...and he's only had 1 bad game in this series IMO, and it was in a win.

Also, Barry had the worst game ever in the history of playoff basketball in game 5.

You must not have seen Stephen Jackson's game 6 against LA(you know, the only team to eliminate us from the playoffs in the past 4 years) the year we won the title. It was worse...

That game 6 against the Nets? He had 7 turnovers in the first half...Barry hasn't hadn't more than 3 in a game this entire season.

In game 5 VS Detroit...Stephen Jackson went 0-5 with 4 turnovers in the 3rd and 4th quarters...

I love Jack...but it's time to deconstruct the myths...

Hedo shot 40% from 2 last season...

Mario Elie shot 20% from 3 the year we won our first title...Steve Kerr shot 31%.

There's a huge double standard against Barry by Spursfans...that's why I defend him.

Kori Ellis
05-20-2005, 03:41 AM
Whottt, it's not about his percentages. It's about hesitancy to shoot. There's no double-standard. Spurs fans want all the Spurs to play well. They bitch if they don't. Look at how people treat Tony. I know Barry is your personal philanthropy project, but you really aren't seeing him in a true light. He's sucked a lot this season -- and the majority of the sucking is all on him.

I don't care about all that though. If he hits a few more timely shots in the postseason, then he will have earned his check. If he doesn't, he hasn't.

Let's be happy that the Spurs escaped this round.

I know you don't think the Spurs have a chance at winning a title, but they are moving on -- Seattle is going home. That's something for Spurs fans to be very happy about.

whottt
05-20-2005, 03:52 AM
Go watch the tape. At least 70% of the 18 were not inletting.

He just passed the ball to whoever the Spurs were running plays for...Parker, Duncan or Manu, the only guys the Spurs ever really run plays for...guys who were not passing it out of the paint with regularity at any time in this prior to game 5.

I've noticed you are critical of his passing, he deserved it in game 5, and I did rip him for his play...I am just amazed that you guys don't realize how good of a passer he is....ya'll think he's a coward because of his passing which only reinforced my belief that Spurs fans don't know offense...

Barry makes great passes most of the time....if you ever watch him...watch how he watches the defenders...not his teamates...the second a secondary defender steps towards him he passes...because a guy is open.

I don't know if I mentioned it or not...But Bruce Bowen made a combined 3 FG's in the first 3 games of this series...all of them were assists by Barry.

It's a sin we don't use him more in that capacity...we are much better offensive team when we do...and he plays better when we do.

But let's just keep letting Beno do it...Beno who is jacking up shots like he is Jordan, shooting 30% from the field, 188% from 3, is averaging less than an assist per game and more TO's than assist...that's what we need more of...

whottt
05-20-2005, 03:59 AM
Whottt, it's not about his percentages. It's about hesitancy to shoot. There's no double-standard. Spurs fans want all the Spurs to play well. They bitch if they don't. Look at how people treat Tony. I know Barry is your personal philanthropy project, but you really aren't seeing him in a true light. He's sucked a lot this season -- and the majority of the sucking is all on him.

I don't care about all that though. If he hits a few more timely shots in the postseason, then he will have earned his check. If he doesn't, he hasn't.

Let's be happy that the Spurs escaped this round.

I know you don't think the Spurs have a chance at winning a title, but they are moving on -- Seattle is going home. That's something for Spurs fans to be very happy about.

Ya'll have said he looks afraid and scared this entire season...and there is nothing to back that up...

He isn't a shot chucker...he's avereaged 10PPG playing 29 miunutes per game...this season his role and his minutes were at career lows, and he scored 7 PPG...

That's what he's always done...

In the 4th tonight, that game was physical, Duncan was absolutely sucking ass, so were Manu and Parker...in was a raucous crowd, so loud the players couldn't even hear it when the refs were blowing whistles...

And he fucking stepped....he didn't just hit 2 shots...he also got Duncan a great look at the basket...

How can you guys say he's afraid?

He's just playing his game...and he's a dead ringer for his Dad...his Dad hate the same look on his for his entire career...It's just the way the guys looks...

You guys are flat out wrong when you say this guy is a coward...

He played best when Duncan was injured...he played his best when we had to go to him, when his teamates look for him...and he would have been money for the rest of the game...

You know what was different about tonights game? He got used late in the 4th...and he stepped fucking up when our offense was dead when it mattered most, when everyone else was lost...that's when he scored, and he didn't just do that, he fixed our offense and straightened out the stagnation, I give Pop for credit for that...but Pop doesn't do that everry game...that's what he's done all season.

His timing has been fucking great all season...and 36% isn't a bad 3 point PCT unless your name is Brent Barry.

Even if what people say is true...and he only scores in blowouts...what's wrong with that? Do you know how many leads we blow? We need guys that can hit shots when were up...that'll keep us from blowing 20 point leads.

Brent Barry is the same type of player Robert Horry is, Horry's just been on 5 champions and knows what he is...you guys ripped him earlier this season too.

Kori Ellis
05-20-2005, 04:00 AM
I think Brent Barry can be a great passer, but makes mistakes in his passing decisions. I think he passes too quickly when he might have a shot open or a crease in the lane. And I think that on many occasions he doesn't realize who he is passing to ... i.e. rifling balls to Nazr or Rasho on the move is not good.

He also runs the floor very well and he's an awesome finisher. But I still think that he's hesitant to shoot when he's been given the green light.

You guys are flat out wrong when you say this guy is a coward...

Tonight he wasn't a coward. But that doesn't mean he hasn't played with cowardice a lot this season. Even he himself has said he's tentative and uncomfortable.

whottt
05-20-2005, 04:23 AM
Barry hasn't missed a shot to tie or take the lead, late in the game, this entire season...I haven't seen him do it once.

And yeah you are right about his discomfort..it's obvious...but he's not tentative and uncomfortable because of a lack of character or heart, he's uncomfortable with his role on the team and the way Pop yanks him after he misses two shots, the only thing he is allowed to do...that's my point. He's struggled with his role on this team...and I am certain he regrets signing with this team and probably wouldn't do it if had the choice to do it again, not because of the pressure, but because he's not what the Spurs are looking for off the bench..he's not Manu...you really think he's going to be upset if he gets traded? I don't...he came here to win a ring and once he does he'll probably be happy to go to a team where what he has to offer is appreciated and where his immediate future isn't going to be as the 10th man on the bench.

Somehow I just don't think he came here for the chance to do nothing but stand around on the 3 point line waiting for kickouts that never come and play defense.

THe problem is that they want him to be a scorer or Manu light off the bench...he's not that type of player, he never has been, ever. .....but the dude is not afraid of taking big shots...those are the only kind he wants to take. Look back on our season...he said he came here to "Steve Kerr" it...well Steve Kerr didn't score 20 PPG off the bench either...and Kerr was used as a PG here.

Barry is not Vinny Johnson...he's actually done better at that than I thougth...but if you take a career 10PPG scorer and reduce his minutes and make him the team bitch(And Pop fucking hates Barry, it's obvious to me)...then I think this is the result you get.

I honestly hope he gets traded because I like this player, I think he is a high character individual who plays unselfish team ball and gives an honest effort to do what is asked of him to best of his ability, and most importantly, I think he is clutch....I think his offensive ability will never be appreciated on a team like the Spurs because he's the antithesis of everything Pop stands for as a coach...I'd rather us get a player that's easier for me to hate...but meawhile...this guy helps our offense and we are a better team with him having an expanded role...and he deserves to get more creating opportunities than anyone not named Parker, Manu or Duncan. I hope we get someone that is a better fit...but our best chance of winning a title lies with this guy handling the ball more.

whottt
05-20-2005, 04:27 AM
By the way...to all the Jon Barry fans...you guys need to look at what he did in his last game, when push came to shove.

T Park
05-20-2005, 08:36 AM
denial aint just a river in Egypt.

Dre_7
05-20-2005, 08:26 PM
...but our best chance of winning a title lies with this guy handling the ball more.

Actually our best chance of winning a title lies with how Tim's ankles hold up!

smeagol
05-20-2005, 08:49 PM
You know you have point when Tpark and 2cents are vehemently arguing against you.

fraga
05-20-2005, 09:20 PM
Brent Barry = Waste of Space

whottt
05-20-2005, 09:23 PM
I am glad this thread got bumped...

From the day of game 5 right before game 5:

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=267379#post267379

I hope Barry shoots 0-3 from 3 PT range tonight....and the Spurs go down 2-3 to the Sonics.

That way everyone will shut the fuck up about Stephen Jackson...because that's what he's doing tonight, and that way we can bash someone else for a change.

LOL...I got what I wanted scoring wise, I personally would have enjoyed going down 2-3 even more...unforgunately, the sacless Jack loving bandwaggoning bitches that argue with me refuse to own up about Jack playing shitty...

But I think it's kind of eerie about the 0-3 thing...I saw it coming because of the way the Spurs weren't passing the ball...but what the fuck do I know...I've only been right on this subject all season long.

Those that are calling me out for not posting after that last game...

A. Obviously I really wasn't surprised by the output(although his passing did suck that game).

B. If you wanted to hear my commentary on the subject you should have been in chat...I was there for the entire game. I just think it's funny that people actually thought I was going to say something different than I have said all season....

I'll change what I say when I am wrong, and not until then.

ChumpDumper
05-20-2005, 09:38 PM
Brent is playing as well as should be expected.

Dre_7
05-20-2005, 09:40 PM
But I think it's kind of eerie about the 0-3 thing...I saw it coming because of the way the Spurs weren't passing the ball...but what the fuck do I know...I've only been right on this subject all season long.

The Spurs havent been passing?? Are you sure?

Dre_7
05-20-2005, 09:43 PM
Also, did you really want the Spurs to lose just cuz you didnt think Barry was getting enough touches??

There were points when I thought Manu wasnt getting the ball enough, but in NO WAY did I want them to lose cuz of that. You really a Spurs fan? Or just a Barry fan?

T Park
05-20-2005, 10:19 PM
I personally would have enjoyed going down 2-3 even more

and you question MY fandom????

What a fuckin shithead.