PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Seattle fan

goliath
05-20-2005, 12:51 AM
Just wanted to give a big Thank you to all the classless Seattle fans in Key Arena tonight.

Tims playing like crap all game. Goes down with (gasp) an injured ankle. Crowd cheers and actually boos when he gets up.

Right then and there I said they woke the sleeping giant up. Tim wakes up, hits some shots and even send Sonic fan home for the summer with the game winner.

Thanks Sonic fan. We wouldnt have done it without you

Horry For 3!
05-20-2005, 12:53 AM
Sonics fans are lame as fuck.

JustSpurs
05-20-2005, 12:54 AM
Amen!

BadlyDrawnBoy
05-20-2005, 12:55 AM
Just wanted to give a big Thank you to all the classless Seattle fans in Key Arena tonight.

Tims playing like crap all game. Goes down with (gasp) an injured ankle. Crowd cheers and actually boos when he gets up.

Right then and there I said they woke the sleeping giant up. Tim wakes up, hits some shots and even send Sonic fan home for the summer with the game winner.

Thanks Sonic fan. We wouldnt have done it without you

Agree with you completely.

I knew once Duncan got up mad over the cheering he was gonna go off.

btw, not to nitpick but it's fans not fan.

goliath
05-20-2005, 12:55 AM
When he hit the game winner, instead of running up the court with his index finger raised, he should have raised his middle finger in a nice "f you, boo this" gesture.

flame
05-20-2005, 01:11 AM
When he hit the game winner, instead of running up the court with his index finger raised, he should have raised his middle finger in a nice "f you, boo this" gesture.

normally i would say hell no but after that........

damn straight.

You could tell tim was REALLY pissed about that. I was waiting for the team to step up for that shit (parker did somewhat - started taking shots for once and a tad bit of driving into the lane) and wow.....duncan was shooting the lights out. It gave him focus - to shut the crowd the fuck up. Im just glad we got past the thug teams in the west (why did the spurs get stuck with them anyways? fate just hates the spurs i guess. why not dallas or houst on or phoenix instead....teams with class!)

I think I woke the people up downstairs after that game though. Mmm mmm how sweet it is

SpursFanDan
05-20-2005, 01:13 AM
Not even phili fans boo when an opposite player goes down... what would possess them to do that?... I could understand thinking that without timmy, the sonics may of had a better chance to beat us... but booing... thats just un-called for.

goliath
05-20-2005, 01:16 AM
I wasnt that upset when they cheered when he went down. Ive seen crowds do that before. But Ive never heard a crowd cheer (and cheer loudly) when a player gets up and is ok. One of the most classless things ive seen a sporting crowd do

Xolotl
05-20-2005, 01:17 AM
yeah I thought that was some weak shit cheering him like that. If Danny Fortsen wouldve went down with a twisted ankle I wouldve...........yeah probably cheered, but hey I'm a dick too :p

SilverPlayer
05-20-2005, 01:20 AM
um you mean boo when he got up they cheered when he went down.

baseline bum
05-20-2005, 01:22 AM
karma's a motherfucker

Willinsa
05-20-2005, 01:25 AM
Man seattle is a shithole with one of the highest suicide rates in the country, of course they will cheer an injury. Seattle and their fans suck ass.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-20-2005, 01:25 AM
I'm not a huge Tolbert fan but he sure called their sorry asses out.

SpursFanDan
05-20-2005, 01:26 AM
I didnt watch espn ...what did mr tolbert say?

nkdlunch
05-20-2005, 01:30 AM
Im just glad we got past the thug teams in the west (why did the spurs get stuck with them anyways? fate just hates the spurs i guess. why not dallas or houst on or phoenix instead....teams with class!)

I think I woke the people up downstairs after that game though. Mmm mmm how sweet it is

Damn right. From now on the biggest thug we might have to worry about is soft ass Dampier.

Aggie Hoopsfan
Short version:

"I can't believe the Seattle fans are booing when a guy is hurt. I've been around a lot of basketball and that might be the most pathetic thing I've ever seen from fans of a one team directed at a player of another. How can you boo a guy who is hurt like that?"

Then about the time he got done railing, Tim got up and the crowd booed, and he started in again about how unbelievable it was that the entire arena could be so classless.

SilverPlayer
Seatle's a great place to live. Don't hate eveything about it because of some classless fans. I'm still fucking glad they got what they deserved. "Karma's a bitch" so true. The spurs locked up the win when they booed timmy.

nkdlunch
05-20-2005, 01:33 AM
^ Are you serious?? Damn I missed the 4th quarter. I would have been pissed offf. Seattle sucks.

BadlyDrawnBoy
05-20-2005, 01:34 AM
Least not forget, Tolbert called them idiots.

Summers
05-20-2005, 01:37 AM
Even the Palace was respectful when Timmy went down in March. :(

Tres_Till_it_MHz
05-20-2005, 01:40 AM
Yeah but they got what they deserved in the end, next years team will definately be a shadow of what it is today when Nate and Mr. Softy are gone. Then those bastards can enjoy a shorter season.

Summers
05-20-2005, 01:44 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/photos?photoId=760166&gameId=250519025

PM5K
05-20-2005, 02:02 AM
He went four of five after he sprained his ankle.

EDIT: I don't really like Tom Tolbert but I like a guy that calls a spade a spade, there aren't many color guys that would call Seattle fans idiots for what they did....

Spurbanana
05-20-2005, 02:26 AM
Throwing stuff on the court didn't hurt either.

Dingle Barry
05-20-2005, 03:08 AM
http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/WASE12005200618.jpeg

that shirt says something like supersonic fragelistic superwhateverthefuck. by far the gayest shirt ive ever seen at a sporting event. and i've been to college station.

Go-spurs-Go
05-20-2005, 03:31 AM
Seeya Ray-Ray (the Crying Baby), along with your classless/stupid Sonics fans!!

Tonight, we (the Spurs) kicked your butt!! Now, get out of here and go fishing!

Kori Ellis
05-20-2005, 03:34 AM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20050520/capt.wase10605200408.spurs_supersonics_wase106.jpg

GoSpurs21
05-20-2005, 04:57 AM
even lame ass Tolbert called out classless sonics fans

Slomo
05-20-2005, 06:01 AM

that shirt says something like supersonic fragelistic superwhateverthefuck. by far the gayest shirt ive ever seen at a sporting event. and i've been to college station.
:lmao

and I completely agree!

texbound
05-20-2005, 07:19 AM
Usually, I don't have any feelings towards fans whatsoever; however, last night pissed me off. Seattle fans are some of the classless fans in the league. I understand that being emotional about your team is a fans right, but when fans act the way they did, then they belong in the bowels of hell. Not all of the fans acted that way, but enough did to lump them into one category. So much for Seattle claiming to be a smart, sophisticated city. When you have a majority of the people at Key arena act like mindless drones, you lose all credibility. I talked to my brother after the game (he lives nearby Key arena and loves the city of Seattle), and he said he was embarrassed. I hope the entire city is embarrassed and I hope they get what they deserve, 10 years straight without a winning team in any sport.

ShoogarBear
05-20-2005, 07:49 AM
Not even phili fans boo when an opposite player goes down...
Um, the name "Michael Irvin" ring a bell?

SpursWoman
05-20-2005, 07:57 AM
Um, the name "Michael Irvin" ring a bell?

You beat me to it, SB..... :fro :lol

:flipoff @ Sonic fans....they got exactly what they deserved--Duncan getting back up and driving their spite right back down their throats---WITH HIS PLAY, NOT HIS MOUTH.

Scoreboard.

Uncle Donnie
05-20-2005, 08:40 AM
They also cheered when Fortson yanked Manu to the floor by his head.

Are fans in Seattle and Denver just classless, or are the Spurs much more hated by other teams fans than they used to be?