PDA

View Full Version : Which Spur is going to struggle this year?

AlleyOopNazi
09-16-2010, 02:32 PM
As happy as I would be to say that everyone will prosper this season, it is logical to believe that one or more young player on the squad will either slump from their rookie year or have trouble gelling into the O and D sets.
My question for this thread is which Spur will struggle the most throughout the season, and why?

In my guesstimation it will be James Anderson due to his inactive offseason and injury rehab. No one really knows what to expect from him defensively, and the long season could wear on a rookie's moral if he starts out slow. No matter what I don't see it being near Mason Jr. bad so don't freak out.
Cheers:toast

cantthinkofanything
09-16-2010, 02:38 PM
I think it will be Anderson as well for the following:

1) adjusting to speed/size/skill/length of season in NBA
2) coming off injury
3) adjusting to being effective coming off the bench

Muser
09-16-2010, 02:46 PM
Tiago for the first few months, Bonner for the last few.

ALVAREZ6
09-16-2010, 02:49 PM
It is fact that Matt Bonner will struggle because it is impossible for him not to given his skill-less game.

DJ Mbenga
09-16-2010, 02:59 PM
bonner wont struggle. its just reality. he is going to play normal. unless jefferson becomes ray allen look for him to struggle.

Chomag
09-16-2010, 03:00 PM
I would say Matt Bonner but he always struggles, so I don't think he counts.

cantthinkofanything
09-16-2010, 03:24 PM
LOL at even mentioning Bonner. The equivalent of saying CarrotTop isn't going to win an Oscar.

cantthinkofanything
09-16-2010, 04:06 PM
Duncan will struggle with age
Manu will struggle with staying healthy
Parker will struggle with loyalty
Tiago will struggle with English
Blair will struggle with being undersized
Bonner will struggle with confidence
Neal will struggle with temptation
RJ will struggle with his sexuality
Gee/Temple will struggle with lack of playing time

ALVAREZ6
09-16-2010, 04:11 PM
LOL at even mentioning Bonner. The equivalent of saying CarrotTop isn't going to win an Oscar.

Exactly why I said it is fact...

cantthinkofanything
09-16-2010, 04:17 PM
Exactly why I said it is fact...

If you feel that strongly, you should start a thread.

Dex
09-16-2010, 04:43 PM
Of the new or returning players, I think Neal and Jefferson will fail to meet expectations the most. I think Splitter and Anderson will not amaze, but they will be able to contribute to solid roles as rookies ala Blair.

Anderson knows how to score, and seems to have the tools to defend. As long as he brings his shot with him, he'll be fine. Splitter already showed a taste of what he can do at the World Championships.

I'm yet to be convinced that Jefferson can fit in this system, and Neal is a small fish going into a big pond, so he's got his work cut out for him.

Matt Bonner will just continue being Matt Bonner. Whatever that is worth.

phxspurfan
09-16-2010, 05:05 PM
I'll go out on a limb and say RICHARD JEFFERSON

kaji157
09-16-2010, 05:36 PM
I would say Splitter for the first 4 months or so. And Anderson as he will be given no playing time.
Bonner will suck in the PO as usual, but i just canīt see that as a struggle anymore, itīs the way he is.
I just hope itīs not Jefferson again.

Darkwaters
09-16-2010, 08:29 PM
Gary Neal

Italy just isn't the NBA. The size, speed and length of the NBA game are going to seriously test him.

G-Dawgg
09-16-2010, 08:36 PM
I don't think it'll be RJ......I don't think Tiago will be as impressive as people think, Maybe Duncan's numbers take a hit with the addition of Splitter and if Blair's minutes go up a bit.

benefactor
09-16-2010, 08:39 PM
<------

ohmwrecker
09-16-2010, 08:54 PM
<------

Shocking!

benefactor
09-16-2010, 09:05 PM
Shocking!
You and Walton still inviting RJ over for brunch tomorrow? My wife has a good bunt cake recipe if you are interested.

ploto
09-16-2010, 09:08 PM
Blair

timtonymanu
09-16-2010, 09:20 PM
It depends on how much is expected out of them. I expect Anderson to hit the rookie wall at some point.

The most realistic is McDyess since he doesnt really give his all in the regular season any way. The most obvious is Matt Bonner. He'll have games where he goes 6-7 from the 3 pt line and games where playoff Bonner shows up.

I hope Blair and Tiago dont struggle.

I use to say RJ but Pop has said alot of good things about him this summer, I'm not so sure anymore.

We dont have any 2 year contract players right now that play well their first year and suck their second year (Mason, Udoka).

ezau
09-16-2010, 10:16 PM
Dick

Hooks
09-16-2010, 10:27 PM
Most likely James Anderson, he's been out for 3 1/2 months with a hamstring injury. I was really hoping to see him play but I think his minutes will be limited. I just hope he doesn't suck too bad when he plays, he was a beast at OSU but with all those months of inactivity I think he's going to struggle.

gospursgojas
09-16-2010, 10:39 PM

This was funnies.

Ummmm.... IDK maybe Dice bc hes like 50

skut_farkus
09-16-2010, 10:44 PM
dick

ohmwrecker
09-16-2010, 10:47 PM
You and Walton still inviting RJ over for brunch tomorrow? My wife has a good bunt cake recipe if you are interested.

Oh, it's a gay joke . . . ha . . . ha . . . "bundt cake recipe" . . . classic.

slick'81
09-16-2010, 11:14 PM
i just hope its not timmy at the end of the season

Trill Clinton
09-16-2010, 11:35 PM
Tiago

Juanobili
09-16-2010, 11:46 PM
McDyess will look ready to retire by November. Well I hope not, but I can see it happening.

Venti Quattro
09-16-2010, 11:55 PM
Richard Jefferson.

DrSteffo
09-17-2010, 12:47 AM
Our backup SF

ElNono
09-17-2010, 01:01 AM
aA-LH15KS34

0PNXYHtKnLQ

N4yvSSHM0_8

ElNono
09-17-2010, 01:14 AM
Man, watching that first video against the Lakers got me depressed.
There's so many things wrong in it:
1) Terrible lineup. Mason, Bogans, Bonner, RJ??? Ugh
2) RJ can't get around anybody
3) I can feel pain watching TD running back after the steal
4) Bonner plays his 'hands up' brand of interior D. :vomit:

ElNono
09-17-2010, 01:16 AM
Actually, that's Hill, not Bogans. Disregard the first point.

ALVAREZ6
09-17-2010, 01:28 AM
i just hope its not timmy at the end of the season

Yeah really...hopefully not any of the big 3 + Hill + Dyess

ALVAREZ6
09-17-2010, 01:29 AM
Man, watching that first video against the Lakers got me depressed.
There's so many things wrong in it:
1) Terrible lineup. Mason, Bogans, Bonner, RJ??? Ugh
2) RJ can't get around anybody
3) I can feel pain watching TD running back after the steal
4) Bonner plays his 'hands up' brand of interior D. :vomit:

RJ really has zero game other than being athletic in his jumping ability. All that he brings comes from his hops...like that clown Jamario Moon.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
09-17-2010, 01:30 AM
Richard "I'm fucking cod-ordinary" Jefferson. Undoubtedly. Fuck that guy.

spurs_philippines
09-17-2010, 03:28 AM
lets just pray and hope that nobody on our team struggles

benefactor
09-17-2010, 05:18 AM
Oh, it's a gay joke . . . ha . . . ha . . . "bundt cake recipe" . . . classic.
All you had to say is you didn't want the recipe. Sheesh.

TJastal
09-17-2010, 08:21 AM
Dick

lol love the sig ezau

Halberto
09-17-2010, 08:22 AM
Ginobili. Because hes done it to us multiple times....Plays lights out for the few months he's healthy, sacrifices his body in the process, develops a minor yet nagging injury and never mentions anything about it until he finally breaks down for a few months.

You all know that we're due for him being out at least 2 months this year.

dbestpro
09-17-2010, 11:05 AM
Dice does not kick in until the second half of the season. I think this year he will not have any kick left and Pop will already be tuned to Tiago and Blair for those minutes. I project 4 ppg and 4 rpg for the season. He still may provide important veteran minutes in the playoffs.

RJ will be the surprise of the season. It seems he has worked hard during the summer with Pop, and Pop will feed RJ a steady diet to prove that RJ was the right move. The most important change this off season is that Pop now truly believes in RJ.

ohmwrecker
09-17-2010, 11:42 AM
All you had to say is you didn't want the recipe. Sheesh.

Actually, I'll take the recipe. I think it's really cute that you call your life partner your "wife".

benefactor
09-17-2010, 12:33 PM
Actually, I'll take the recipe. I think it's really cute that you call your life partner your "wife".
So now you are making a gay joke after laughing sarcastically at the one I made?

Well played, sir.

ohmwrecker
09-17-2010, 12:35 PM
So now you are making a gay joke after laughing sarcastically at the one I made?

Well played, sir.

Thanks.

beachwood
09-17-2010, 01:06 PM
Splitter will struggle. He's the great white buffalo.

20beastie45
09-17-2010, 02:05 PM

:lol:lol Great!!!!

ezau
09-17-2010, 10:41 PM
Dice does not kick in until the second half of the season. I think this year he will not have any kick left and Pop will already be tuned to Tiago and Blair for those minutes. I project 4 ppg and 4 rpg for the season. He still may provide important veteran minutes in the playoffs.

RJ will be the surprise of the season. It seems he has worked hard during the summer with Pop, and Pop will feed RJ a steady diet to prove that RJ was the right move. The most important change this off season is that Pop now truly believes in RJ.

Jesus,I hope you're really right with RJ. I would be very, very happy if averages around 14 PPG and 5 to 6 RPG. Also, if he can increase his three-point FG %, that would be an awesome news.

ChuckD
09-18-2010, 10:51 AM
Jesus,I hope you're really right with RJ. I would be very, very happy if averages around 14 PPG and 5 to 6 RPG. Also, if he can increase his three-point FG %, that would be an awesome news.

We don't need him to score more, we just need more efficient scoring from him, especially from distance. RJ has had 4 seasons of what I consider acceptable shooting from beyond the arc (> 36%), and 6 seasons of unacceptable shooting. If he can get back to that 36%+ long distance shooting, it opens up the lane for T,T,M, and the offense flows. If he doesn't, it stagnates like last year. The good news is that he had 3 of those "acceptable" seasons in a row before last year. Hopefully, he's been working with Chip this summer, in addition to working with Pop. This offense hummed like a well oiled machine for the better part of 8 years with Bowen scoring ~7 points, but keeping the lane open by shooting ~40% from beyond the arc.

sammy
09-18-2010, 08:20 PM
Bonner will stink it up as usual (sigh)!