PDA

View Full Version : Diver able to stand shark up on it's nose......real or fake?

Blake
09-16-2010, 06:23 PM
The author of this blog doesn't even mention the possibility that it's fake.

http://www.grindtv.com/outdoor/blog/20447/divers+amazing+shark+encounter+part+of+campaign+to +save+the+predators/

but to me it looks mostly computer generated. I dunno.

WK2LpUoqX6A

METALMiKE
09-16-2010, 06:54 PM
looks like he puts it into some sort of trance

clambake
09-16-2010, 06:57 PM
mick dundee?

admiralsnackbar
09-16-2010, 07:00 PM
Pretty sure it's real -- I don't know if you ever "hypnotized" a lizard by rubbing its belly, but the same kind of trance can be imposed on sharks as this diver has done.

(Also, if it was CGI, I don't think the animator would have bothered making the shark purge its bladder or whatever it's doing around 3:05 :lol)

thispego
09-16-2010, 07:05 PM
lol computer generated? you fuckin kiddin me? dummy :lol

watch some shark week, you don't learn shit from watching jaws 1 2 3 & 4

BlackSwordsMan
09-16-2010, 07:05 PM
its real, they showed this on shark week two years ago, the dummy wanted to upgrade to a great white dunno what happened to him

Blake
09-16-2010, 07:07 PM
(Also, if it was CGI, I don't think the animator would have bothered making the shark purge its bladder or whatever it's doing around 3:05 :lol)

good point.

some of it still looks fake to me.

Sisk
09-16-2010, 07:15 PM
lol computer generated? you fuckin kiddin me? dummy :lol

watch some shark week, you don't learn shit from watching jaws 1 2 3 & 4

real talk

Frenzy
09-16-2010, 07:22 PM
Dunno. But looks pretty dam cool.

admiralsnackbar
09-16-2010, 07:34 PM
good point.

some of it still looks fake to me.

I agree, but think that may just be a function of the photographer's settings and whatever contrast effects were implemented in post-production. For example, look how "unnatural" the diver's bubbles look as they float to the surface.

The Reckoning
09-16-2010, 07:51 PM
when you touch a sharks nose like that, youre basically overloading all of its sensory receptors. its kind of like when you hit a nerve just right, you pass out.

lmao, it does look crazy though.

BlackSwordsMan
09-16-2010, 07:59 PM
I agree, but think that may just be a function of the photographer's settings and whatever contrast effects were implemented in post-production. For example, look how "unnatural" the diver's bubbles look as they float to the surface.

well you're an idiot if you're still debating this

MaNuMaNiAc
09-16-2010, 08:28 PM
Looks pretty real to me, and pretty fucking cool as well!

mrsmaalox
09-16-2010, 08:44 PM
It's very cool but it strikes me as odd how as soon as the shark whisperer zeroes in on that one shark, every other shark/fish splits from the scene, while they had been "swarming" just a few seconds earlier. Why is that? Sorry I don't watch Shark Week :)

Pistons < Spurs
09-16-2010, 08:45 PM
It's real. As others noted, it's been shown on Shark Week for several seasons now. Rubbing the Ampullae of Lorenzini can put them in a trance like state. And yes, they did it with Great Whites on the most recent Shark Week.

Blake
09-16-2010, 09:06 PM
well you're an idiot if you're still debating this

lol wants to bring back G W Bush

Blake
09-16-2010, 09:12 PM
It's real. As others noted, it's been shown on Shark Week for several seasons now. Rubbing the Ampullae of Lorenzini can put them in a trance like state. And yes, they did it with Great Whites on the most recent Shark Week.

huh. learn something new.

LoneStarState'sPride
09-16-2010, 10:16 PM
Well, that was pretty interesting.

tlongII
09-16-2010, 10:26 PM
Real. I wouldn't try it with a Great White though. :lol

ALVAREZ6
09-17-2010, 12:21 AM
That was awesome.

And man does that look fun, the beginning part where he's chillin at the bottom with tons of sharks and fish. I'd love to go diving and experience something similar, as long as no great whites, tiger sharks, or bull sharks are around..unless I'm equipping with a nice spear and top of the line armour.

phyzik
09-17-2010, 01:51 AM
Real....

Watch Shark Week as ThisPego suggested....

Sense
09-17-2010, 05:34 AM
I've seen this before somewhere... if I would've seen for the first time.. I would've been more amazed at the fact that someone seriously thinks this is fake lol.

Why would anyone want to fake such a thing?

DarkReign
09-17-2010, 09:32 AM
More Shark Week facts...

Turning sharks over on their backs puts them into a catatonic state...so much so that you have to physically push them back and forth for them to breathe (while upside down). Sharks have to pass water over their gills to breathe, the moment they stop forward motion, its like holding your breath.

Blake
09-17-2010, 02:59 PM
I've seen this before somewhere... if I would've seen for the first time.. I would've been more amazed at the fact that someone seriously thinks this is fake lol.

Why would anyone want to fake such a thing?

I don't really know.

She's standing a shark on it's nose. Why would anyone want to try such a thing?

Apparently there are shark experts here that know better and I'm a fool for questioning the authenticity.

CosmicCowboy
09-17-2010, 03:46 PM
its real, they showed this on shark week two years ago, the dummy wanted to upgrade to a great white dunno what happened to him

The diver is a she, not a he.

redzero
09-17-2010, 03:47 PM
FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I can see the pixels.

CosmicCowboy
09-17-2010, 03:49 PM
That was awesome.

And man does that look fun, the beginning part where he's chillin at the bottom with tons of sharks and fish. I'd love to go diving and experience something similar, as long as no great whites, tiger sharks, or bull sharks are around..unless I'm equipping with a nice spear and top of the line armour.

Shes wearing a top of the line shark suit...

phxspurfan
09-17-2010, 04:43 PM
Shes wearing a top of the line shark suit...

Is that armored or something? It just looks like spandex.

BlackSwordsMan
09-17-2010, 05:00 PM
she has shark mace shes fine

ALVAREZ6
09-17-2010, 05:06 PM

It's a chick???

And I'm sure the diver is wearing chain mail under the suit..

phxspurfan
09-17-2010, 05:12 PM
I could picture that. That's hot

CosmicCowboy
09-17-2010, 06:06 PM

naaa...it's some high tech chain mail type of fabric. I've seen them before. Obviously a determined attack from a big shark would still be potentially fatal but an accidental "sampling" bite from a medium sized shark like she's playing with would probably just bruise and not rip/tear.

mingus
09-18-2010, 12:10 AM
this is probably real. it looks real, and stuff like this can be done. on shark week two years ago they had one guy who did this. he tried doing it on a great white as well but got scared as shit doing it because the shark was getting restless everytime he tried it (altough he did get pretty close to doing it).

mingus
09-18-2010, 12:12 AM
btw, when they had it on shark week, the guy did it on tiger sharks. they were a bit bigger than the sharks in the video.

phyzik
09-18-2010, 02:13 AM
FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I can see the pixels.

Dont go Mouse on us Redzero...... This is legit and has been proven countless times just like the lunar landings... Dont go all conspiracy theory on us...

For the doubters..... Read....

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/358445/a_sharks_response_to_the_human_touch.html

http://fatknowledge.blogspot.com/2007/08/shark-tonic.html

Sharks are not the vicious monsters that Hollywood makes them out to be. Sure, they can be dangerous under certain circumstances, but its not like they are evil man eaters. Most shark attacks are because of mistaken identity. Notice that almost all shark attacks are when someone is on some type of surf board or body board..... It looks to the shark like a tasty seal.

Remember, we are entering THEIR domain when we get in the ocean.

TwAnKiEs
09-18-2010, 02:30 PM
Very cool.. and the music wanted to make me drink Tequila :toast