PDA

View Full Version : Taco Bell Fans?

SpursFanDan
05-20-2005, 01:30 AM
If you are... You have to try the Club Chalupa, they've had it before... but it was for a limited time only.. i'm sure this time its for a limited time. Its delicious... they must put some crack on it, because I'm addicted. If you dont believe me.. try it out. By the way, I'm not affiliated with taco hell in any way shape or form.

baseline bum
05-20-2005, 02:01 AM
You're not supposed to be able to fold a chalupa.

Tres_Till_it_MHz
05-20-2005, 02:11 AM
Ohhh damn that was too fuckin funny......If Taco Bell can put hot sauce in a packet I'm sure anything is possible.

ZStomp
05-20-2005, 02:12 AM
Taco Bell? :lmao

Taco Bell sux!!

I have never EVER bought anything from Taco Bell!

Faccia di Angelo
05-20-2005, 06:22 AM

Taco Bell sux!!

me either

GROSS!

http://www.joblo.com/newsimages2/picnapoleon.jpg

Clandestino
05-20-2005, 08:22 AM

well, you can, but then it because a taco!

Spurminator
05-20-2005, 09:52 AM
Taco Bell sux!!

Then you wouldn't really know, would you? ;)

I have 2 Grilled Stuft Burritos a week.... I think they put crack cocaine sauce in there.

Sportcamper
05-20-2005, 10:05 AM
Staple Center gave out those Chalupas every time the Lakers scored over 100 points...One time Phil Jackson took Shaquille out of the game early in the 4th quarter & everyone was ticked off...So Shaq told the announcer that Chalupas were on him....

It was great...even though the Lakers didn’t score 100 points Shaq bought everyone Chalupas anyway...The little things that make Shaq such a great guy... :smokin

ZStomp
05-20-2005, 10:35 AM
Then you wouldn't really know, would you? ;)

I have 2 Grilled Stuft Burritos a week.... I think they put crack cocaine sauce in there.

I said I have never ever bought anything from Taco Bell. But I've tried it when family/friends buy it.

Clandestino
05-20-2005, 10:38 AM
taco bell sucks! worst "mexican" food ever!

Gatita
05-20-2005, 12:50 PM
Taco Bell isn't even Mexican food and to say it is, is an insult. It is for individuals who don't know any better. People up North, outta the state, think it is Mexican food. :lol

Clandestino
05-20-2005, 01:09 PM
i can't remember when it was, maybe 1998 or 1999, but when the first taco bell opened at a px in germany, everyone and their dog flocked to it... i remember people saying, "finally, we're getting some real mexican food in europe!" i laughed my ass off... people were driving for hours to go get taco bell!

N.Y. Johnny
05-20-2005, 01:09 PM
Taco Bell isn't even Mexican food and to say it is, is an insult. It is for individuals who don't know any better. People up North, outta the state, think it is Mexican food. :lol

Goddamn Yankees from The North! :lol
I've been from San Antonio to N.Y. many times spending time in both places and yes i have to tell some ignorant people sometimes thats crap and not the real Mexican food that can be found in San Antonio :elephant

:elephant Taco Cabana!!!!! is better than Taco Hell

Spurminator
05-20-2005, 01:42 PM
Call it Chinese food for all I care, it's good shit.

Gatita
05-20-2005, 01:47 PM
Call it Chinese food for all I care, it's good shit.

It's shit, your exactly right.

ZStomp
05-20-2005, 01:54 PM

:lmao

Shit it is.

Useruser666
05-20-2005, 02:34 PM
Staple Center gave out those Chalupas every time the Lakers scored over 100 points...One time Phil Jackson took Shaquille out of the game early in the 4th quarter & everyone was ticked off...So Shaq told the announcer that Chalupas were on him....

It was great...even though the Lakers didn’t score 100 points Shaq bought everyone Chalupas anyway...The little things that make Shaq such a great guy... :smokin

I think Shaq ordered those Chalupas be delivered to his locker and the order got mixed up.

ALVAREZ6
05-20-2005, 03:25 PM
Taco Bell kicks ass...Chicken Quesadillas.....mmmm...

Gatita
05-20-2005, 03:29 PM
Taco Bell kicks ass...Chicken Quesadillas.....mmmm...

Alvarez, you bring me great shame. :depressed

:lol

cherylsteele
05-20-2005, 03:31 PM
My old roomie called it "Toxic Hell"

Sportcamper
05-20-2005, 03:36 PM
Gatita..I once knew this girl who was Mexican and she ate at Taco Bell all the time ...She said that the food was great and very authentic!

You see the clay tiles on the roof? That’s how you know it’s the real deal & not some cheap imitation.... :smokin

Take a look... (http://edweb.tusd.k12.az.us/sped/images/reallifephotos/Taco%20Bell.jpg)

Gatita
05-20-2005, 03:40 PM
Gatita..I once knew this girl who was Mexican and she ate at Taco Bell all the time ...She said that the food was great and very authentic!

You see the clay tiles on the roof? That’s how you know it’s the real deal & not some cheap imitation.... :smokin

Take a look... (http://edweb.tusd.k12.az.us/sped/images/reallifephotos/Taco%20Bell.jpg)

I can see that. :lol Authentic it is. :lol

tlongII
05-20-2005, 03:42 PM
Make a run for the border.

Slomo
05-20-2005, 03:45 PM
My first trip to Southern California was a real eye opener concerning Mexican food, while the trip to SA forever put Mexican dishes on my all time favourite list.

But

Given the quality of our local mexican restaurants I would actually drive pretty far for a Taco Bell right now :lol

Shelly
05-20-2005, 03:56 PM
Taco Cabana is way overrated in my book. Pure grease.

Spurminator
05-20-2005, 03:59 PM

:lol

That was a softball... totally saw it coming.

Gatita
05-20-2005, 04:03 PM
Taco Cabana is way overrated in my book. Pure grease.

I think it is a great fast food restaurant for mexican. We have other places down here El Taco Tote and Taco Palenque that are about the same as TC.

Pure grease? What fast food restaurant doesn't have its of share grease filled plates.

tlongII
05-20-2005, 05:45 PM
Yo Quiero Taco Bell?

bigzak25
05-20-2005, 05:52 PM
beef fajita w/ grilled onions rocks at tc's.

carne guisadas at palapas.

beef fajita/egg/cheese moster tacos from chachos are good drunk food.

taco bell? i'm no fan, but there stuff isn't that bad. i go there maybe 3 times a year though on average.

was great in college when you needed a heavy bag but had a light wallet.

Gatita
05-20-2005, 05:54 PM
I would prefer the dollar menu at Wendy's.

Flea
05-20-2005, 06:55 PM
I think it is a great fast food restaurant for mexican. We have other places down here El Taco Tote and Taco Palenque that are about the same as TC.

Pure grease? What fast food restaurant doesn't have its of share grease filled plates.

Where do you live Gatita?

Brutalis
05-20-2005, 06:59 PM
meximelt. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

SequSpur
05-20-2005, 07:06 PM
Taco Bell Blows.

johnny00
05-20-2005, 07:07 PM

Taco Bell sux!!

Amen brother.

Gatita
05-20-2005, 07:44 PM
Where do you live Gatita?

Harlingen.

Flea
05-20-2005, 08:10 PM
No kidding? I grew up in La Feria. We still go to the Valley 2-3times/year to see my FIL.

Clandestino
05-20-2005, 10:04 PM
My first trip to Southern California was a real eye opener concerning Mexican food, while the trip to SA forever put Mexican dishes on my all time favourite list.

But

Given the quality of our local mexican restaurants I would actually drive pretty far for a Taco Bell right now :lol

the mexican restaurants in europe were the worst. i thought about opening a mexican restaurant in germany for a while. i even hired a business consultant. did some paperwork, found out what was involved, etc. i figured i would get my degree first then decide on what i want to do.

Vashner
05-21-2005, 02:10 AM
The best Mex places are the mom and pop "dives"... just don't cry about it if you have a weak stomach :)

baseline bum
05-21-2005, 02:10 AM
I'm curious Slomo... did you like SoCal Mexican food or TexMex better? As much as I love Mexican food at a couple of places in LA and in Tijuana, my heart is still always going to be with my favorites in SA and a couple of places in Houston too.

I love TexMex enchiladas and of course barbacoa, both of which you can't really find here. Carne Guisada too.

Slomo
05-21-2005, 03:50 AM
I'm curious Slomo... did you like SoCal Mexican food or TexMex better? As much as I love Mexican food at a couple of places in LA and in Tijuana, my heart is still always going to be with my favorites in SA and a couple of places in Houston too.

I love TexMex enchiladas and of course barbacoa, both of which you can't really find here. Carne Guisada too. Good question since until this year I did not know there was a difference.

You know how an exotic cuisine has a certain characteristic taste, because of some unfamiliar spices or cooking practice that is original only to it? In SoCal I discovered the mexican food taste and that it is totally different from what I knew from Europe (and a lot more tasty). Also the variety of dishes and flavours - European mexican food somehow have one taste and a set of dishes which are basically the same. So I do like mexican restaurants in SoCal.

My February trip to SA was my first trip to Texas and with the exception of a chicken fried steak lunch, I only ate mexican (tex-mex?) food. I found the food tasted better - fresher? Everything from the tortilla chips to the salsas gave the impression of "home made". The basic flavour/spices were very similar but I liked the combinations and strength of the food in SA better (ie the spicy dishes in SA were spicy and tasty - something that was not always true in SoCal where they were basically only spicy).

I'm not familiar with Mexican cuisine enough to know where the difference is - but I did like the food better in SA. And since you got me to talk about food in SA I have to mention the stuffed Jalapenos that SW made (I hope I remembered this correctly) and the dip (sorry don't know what it's called) that Kori made - those blew me away! And if I wasn't in such fine company at the time I would have definitely loosen up my belt and gone for extras (on top of the extras I already had :lol).

I like good food (which is not news to anybody who has met me) plus I'm a pretty good cook myself and I can definitely say that food in SA rules and it was a very pleasant surprise to me.

Last but not least: Beer in Texas is waaayyyy better than in SoCal :lol Shiner Bock rules!

Note to Clandestino: The one that opens a really good mexican restaurant in Europe is going to make a fortune. It would be interesting to know why it has not been done yet (problem in getting the right ingredients?). I visit London and Paris quite often and you can find fantastic restaurants (ususally fantastically expensive) from all over the world but not Mexican. The best mexican restaurants I've been in Europe are average at best. Funnilly enough one of the best I've been to is in Moscow :wtf.

AFE7FATMAN
05-21-2005, 05:46 AM
Taco Cabana :rolleyes

The only thing authentic about Taco Cabana is the people working there :lol

Slomo
05-21-2005, 05:57 AM

[I pressed the wrong button somewhere http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smiembarassed.gif]

JoeChalupa
05-21-2005, 06:50 AM
I love a good chalupa.

Clandestino
05-21-2005, 10:15 AM
Note to Clandestino: The one that opens a really good mexican restaurant in Europe is going to make a fortune. It would be interesting to know why it has not been done yet (problem in getting the right ingredients?). I visit London and Paris quite often and you can find fantastic restaurants (ususally fantastically expensive) from all over the world but not Mexican. The best mexican restaurants I've been in Europe are average at best. Funnilly enough one of the best I've been to is in Moscow :wtf.

my thoughts exactly. the only thing that may be a problem is europeans may not be able to handle the spiciness of true mexican food. and yeah, i ate in mexican style restaurants in many places(including ljubljana) and they were incredibly bland and many dishes you wouldn't even call mexican. my family has been in the restaurant biz for over 30years now so opening my own is something i may do. i didn't see anything in moscow that was tex-mex when i there.

thing about europe. you go to an italian restaurant, italians are cooking, chinese..chinese are cooking, greek...greek, etc.. however there are no mexicans in europe to even do any cooking! that is the problem. any karoake chance i got i'd sing la bamba! haha... they'd go nuts! i'd never sing la bamba in the states though!

davi78239
05-21-2005, 10:36 AM
Taco Bell is good for a quick lunch or snack at night, but both Taco Bell and Taco Cabana don't have shit on El Taco Tote. That's some good stuff!

Slomo
05-21-2005, 10:42 AM
my thoughts exactly. the only thing that may be a problem is europeans may not be able to handle the spiciness of true mexican food. and yeah, i ate in mexican style restaurants in many places(including ljubljana) and they were incredibly bland and many dishes you wouldn't even call mexican. my family has been in the restaurant biz for over 30years now so opening my own is something i may do. i didn't see anything in moscow that was tex-mex when i there.

thing about europe. you go to an italian restaurant, italians are cooking, chinese..chinese are cooking, greek...greek, etc.. however there are no mexicans in europe to even do any cooking! that is the problem. any karoake chance i got i'd sing la bamba! haha... they'd go nuts! i'd never sing la bamba in the states though! The spiciness I do not believe is an issue, because there are many European national cuisines that are even spicier than Mexican and are absolutely succesful (Serbian food, Macedonian, Hungarian...). In my opinion Mexican food is hot bust also tasty (it's not just hot - like some other things I've tried). Why there isn't any over here is a mistery to me.
With your obvious experience in the industry you should open your own place, and if you want to do it over here I would be very much interested (I don't know how it is in the US but a succesful restaurant is very profitable over here).
You are correct, it is very unlikely that you will meet a Mexican that resides in Europe - even Mexican tourist are a rarity.

Sportcamper
05-21-2005, 10:53 AM
People Who Enjoy Taco Bell...
http://media.mnginteractive.com/media/paper210/081904_hilton.jpg http://www.cnn.com/2000/FOOD/news/07/19/taco.bell.ap/story.taco.ap.jpg

desflood
05-21-2005, 02:58 PM
Taco Cabana used to be decent. Lately though, Chachos is much better.

JoeChalupa
05-21-2005, 05:27 PM
People Who Enjoy Taco Bell...
http://media.mnginteractive.com/media/paper210/081904_hilton.jpg http://www.cnn.com/2000/FOOD/news/07/19/taco.bell.ap/story.taco.ap.jpg

She also enjoys sucking down a burrito.

JustEnough
05-22-2005, 12:22 PM
If I could live off Mexican food, I would. Eating it is the larger portion of my reason for existance. BUT, I am sick and tired of the piss poor service at both Taco Bell and Taco Cabana.

Taco Cabana has a history of messing orders up. If I go there and order anything more than a bean and cheese breakfast taco, I automatically assume something is going to be messed up. In fact, I plan for it. I order a few more tacos than I will eat simply because they are statistically less likely to mess up their 25% of the order like they usually do.

One time, I went back three times because they messed up my order. Now granted, after the first time, I should have checked to make sure they had everything. But the nice GED lady working the drive-thu was so damned convincing. I returned home, and realized that my steak fajitas had steak only in them. Nothing else. Dry fajitas. I returned for my third time, but this time went in and demanded to speak with the manager. He did not comprehend that I was to get my food free of charge this time, and instead made sure the order was correct (he made it himself), then rung it up. "That'll be $4.95." It took another five minutes of haggling for them to understand that I was going to get my food comped, and that they really need to get their act together if they plan on keeping customers.

Last night, I went to Taco Bell. I ordered the 3 crunchy tacos, which came with lettuce, beef, tomatos, and cheese. It was number 8 on their menu. I returned home, to find them with only beef and cheese. No lettuce. No tomatos. Tell me how hard it is to get something as simple as that right? Please, anyone answer me.

I love mexican food. The stuffed bell peppers with meat and cheese and rice (forget what they call them) are one of my all-time favorite dishes. But Taco Cabana and Taco Bell both need to work on their service. I guess that's what you get when you're trying to break a $5 with lunch.

Lady Marmalade
05-22-2005, 10:43 PM
do people actually volunteer to go to taco bell?

gross!