PDA

View Full Version : Vote on ESPN.com for the Spurs

spectator
09-20-2010, 02:35 PM
Franchise Five: NBA All-Time Greatest Teams Bracket
http://espn.go.com/espn/greatestteam/nba/

let's beat the rockets and the suns and make it competitive with la!

DespЏrado
09-20-2010, 02:47 PM
done and done. Couple of things I don't like about this is players should only appear on 1 team. The 76ers aren't nearly as good as their all time best team would indicate.

And the Thunder shouldn't get the Payton, Allen, Kemp combo. Those belong to the Seattle franchise, which kept it's name and history in Seattle.

spectator
09-20-2010, 02:53 PM
done and done. Couple of things I don't like about this is players should only appear on 1 team. The 76ers aren't nearly as good as their all time best team would indicate.

And the Thunder shouldn't get the Payton, Allen, Kemp combo. Those belong to the Seattle franchise, which kept it's name and history in Seattle.

word. if i were to make this, i would only include the players who spent at least 4 years with that team and make a distinction between the stats of the players at their peak vs. old timer.

ALVAREZ6
09-20-2010, 03:15 PM
:lol at the current match up vs. Grizzlies, the Spurs are better are every single position.

Mark in Austin
09-20-2010, 03:24 PM
Those belong to the Seattle franchise, which kept it's name and history in Seattle.

I'm pretty sure there was a clause that said Seattle would keep the history ONLY if another team was located there within a certain number of years.

Anonymous Cowherd
09-20-2010, 04:19 PM
I agree, players should only appear for one teams each.

Steve Nash & Charles Barkley also skew things for the Mavs & Rockets

nbaman99
09-20-2010, 04:25 PM
How come Timmy is only 96.6%? y not 100%? is there any other dude better than him in the history of NBA as a PF?

Jose Ole
09-20-2010, 04:25 PM
:lol @ Derek Fisher getting .4% of the vote for best point gaurd with the Fakers... fucking .4, I still wake up screaming :bang

Spurminator
09-20-2010, 04:41 PM
If you're considering their play at the time they were on the team, no way in hell should Barkley be the Rockets' PF.

Obstructed_View
09-20-2010, 08:47 PM
:lol @ Derek Fisher getting .4% of the vote for best point gaurd with the Fakers... fucking .4, I still wake up screaming :bang

:lol

TIMMYD!
09-20-2010, 10:52 PM
:lol

The Mavs are losing to the Nuggets.

spectator
09-21-2010, 10:00 AM
i'm going to bump this because voting just started for the second round.

elemento
09-21-2010, 10:24 AM
done

pathetic the Thunder using the former supersonics players !!

it's gonna be Spurs vs Lakers and Celtics vs 76ers !!

lebomb
09-21-2010, 10:40 AM
done

pathetic the Thunder using the former supersonics players !!

it's gonna be Spurs vs Lakers and Celtics vs 76ers !!

Yep.............then Lakers vs Celtics with the Lakers taking it.

Predictable for sure.

bus driver
09-21-2010, 12:08 PM
damn the rockets have a squad......but i voting homer

silverblackfan
09-21-2010, 02:22 PM
damn the rockets have a squad......but i voting homer

First of all, I would love to watch that game.
I still think Spurs would win the series.

spectator
09-21-2010, 06:13 PM
idk how many ppl noticed, but the way the bulls won their 2 ties is ridiculous. the % means that if the teams play 100 games, the winner of the tie would take 96 games vs. the wizards and 84 games vs. orlando magic. this is such bs. especially against the wizards who have a better PF-C combo and a slightly better PG. bernard king is an offensive beast and maybe would play to a tie with pippen. so to say that the bulls would win 96 games out of 100 is pure crap. (obviously we are assuming everyone healthy)

Venti Quattro
09-21-2010, 06:41 PM
LOL the Lakers and Celtics get a bye in the first bracket

JR3
09-21-2010, 06:41 PM
Voted. I think we make it to the conference finals.

silverblackfan
09-21-2010, 07:50 PM
Voted. Close one.

Spurminator
09-21-2010, 10:55 PM
idk how many ppl noticed, but the way the bulls won their 2 ties is ridiculous. the % means that if the teams play 100 games, the winner of the tie would take 96 games vs. the wizards and 84 games vs. orlando magic. this is such bs. especially against the wizards who have a better PF-C combo and a slightly better PG. bernard king is an offensive beast and maybe would play to a tie with pippen. so to say that the bulls would win 96 games out of 100 is pure crap. (obviously we are assuming everyone healthy)

I believe you're overthinking it. The Bulls' 96% means 96% of voters thought the Bulls had a better all-time team.

TDMVPDPOY
09-21-2010, 11:13 PM
lol bspn a site full of laker wankers, dont bother with the polls and shit

spectator
09-22-2010, 01:40 AM
I believe you're overthinking it. The Bulls' 96% means 96% of voters thought the Bulls had a better all-time team.

true. however, the my premise is not too far from the truth - for example, take the spurs - grizzlies match-up in the first round: with those teams, it is not unlikely that the spurs would win 97 out of 100 games. you can have similar conclusions based on every other head to head, but bulls - wiz, which is just ridiculous.

JR3
09-22-2010, 01:19 PM
Voted again. Keep voting, but I think we have this round in the bag. Lakers next... get out the multiple computers... have your mom and grandmother vote. Vote on your iphones too.

ohmwrecker
09-22-2010, 03:15 PM
Spurs vs Thunder/Sonics should not be this close. Celtics vs. Bulls is a little too close also. Celtics team is better than the Bulls.

Russell > Gilmore
McHale = Rodman (I'm being generous)
Bird > Pippen
Havlicek < Jordan
Cousy > Van Lier

spectator
09-23-2010, 12:25 AM
the bulls FTW. this is ridiculous. the all-time spurs would wipe the floor with that team with our inside offense/defense. the celtics should not have lost.

phyzik
09-23-2010, 12:35 AM
Spurs vs Thunder/Sonics should not be this close. Celtics vs. Bulls is a little too close also. Celtics team is better than the Bulls.

Russell > Gilmore
McHale = Rodman (I'm being generous)
Bird > Pippen
Havlicek < Jordan
Cousy > Van Lier

Doesnt look so close now regarding Spurs vs Thunder... Spurs with almost 70% of the votes as of this post.

Even though, its a futile effort.... Everyone knows the Lake show has the biggest bandwaggon following ever.... and thats counting Jordans Bulls.... They will win it just because of that.

Whoever is facing the Lakers in the Finals, if the Spurs dont beat them that is, Im voting for the other team just on principle alone.

Mark in Austin
09-23-2010, 12:48 AM
can't believe the Bulls are leading the Celtics...

Thompson
09-23-2010, 09:08 AM
can't believe the Bulls are leading the Celtics...

Bulls won. Since their poll is screwed up anyway, let's help the Spurs beat the Lakers for a Spurs-Bulls Finals. It would be hilarious if ESPN had to say San Antonio had the best lineup ever.

Torontonio Rapspurs
09-23-2010, 10:36 AM
drap! we're getting killed 78.8 to 21.2 right now :bang

ohmwrecker
09-23-2010, 01:41 PM
Laker bandwagoneers . . . we can't beat an army of idiots. I bet 99% of the people voting for the Lakers don't even know who Elgin Baylor is.

Phenomanul
09-23-2010, 03:43 PM
The Spurs team has way more chemistry than any of the other four teams since 4 of those players actually played together...

Imagine a prime Ginobili dishing off to a pre-injury Robinson.... :wow

Obstructed_View
09-23-2010, 03:51 PM
The Lakers have undoubtedly had more talent, but you can only play five guys at a time. Nobody's beating the Lakers in this thing anyway.

Halberto
09-23-2010, 06:04 PM
The Lakers backcourt vs. the Spurs' makes it an easy decision.

Magic >> Parker
Bryant > Ginobili
Baylor> Gervin (Baylor is one of the must underrated players of all-time).

Duncan+Robinson > Kareem+whoever (IMO Shaq should have been here. Chamberlain showed up later in his career)

elemento
09-23-2010, 06:17 PM
Baylor > Gervin? hummm i don't think so. If you think Baylor is underrated, Gervin should be mentioned as well. He is one of the most underrated players of all-time.

The rest i igree. Duncan + D-rob > Gasol and Kareem and Magic + Kobe > Parker + Manu.

The difference maker in the matchup would be Magic. Tony would get punked by Magic.

elbamba
09-23-2010, 07:28 PM
While there is no doubt that Magic is a much better PG than Tony, Tony would have had no problem blowing by him with his speed. If you take a player in their best year, Tony's being 2008, he was simply unstoppable that year. No one could stay in front of him to defend him.

Magic is the much better pg, but Tony's skill has never been to be a true pg. It has been to leave people in his dust as he scores easy layups. Having Tim and David down low would make it impossible for bigs to leave them to pick up tony, it would be a dunkfest.

Chieflion
09-23-2010, 07:32 PM
While I understand why the Spurs are getting thrashed in the ESPN bracket against the Lakers, I don't understand how the 76ers are losing to the Bulls. The 76ers have a better team. Fuckin MJ fans.

elemento
09-23-2010, 08:58 PM
the Celtics had a much better team than the Bulls

In the end it's all about Kobe fanboys against MJ fanboys

Obstructed_View
09-24-2010, 12:26 AM
The difference maker in the matchup would be Magic.

As he was in nearly any matchup. John Stockton's skills in Karl Malone's body with Michael Jordan's will thrown in just for grins.