Jacob1983
09-21-2010, 09:16 PM
The island

Venti Quattro
09-21-2010, 11:17 PM
Liked the premiere :tu :tu :tu

rr2418
09-22-2010, 12:35 AM
Looked good! Looking forward to next week.

samikeyp
09-22-2010, 05:51 AM
I liked it.

09-22-2010, 06:40 AM
probably the worst pilot i have seen in a very long time.

FromWayDowntown
09-22-2010, 11:23 AM
I liked it. I have a great incentive to watch, though, because my brother is writing music for the show (though he doesn't have a screen credit for it).

AnthonyM
09-22-2010, 12:10 PM
I liked it. Nice, suspenseful first episode.

However, I don't think it'll be able to stay good for very long...I don't really know why though. Maybe because I feel like the storyline can only be taken so far without getting too unrealistic or mindless.

Who knows though...maybe I'm wrong.

scampers
09-22-2010, 09:15 PM
Average. Way, way, waaay overhyped.

I'll give it a few more episodes, but it's not on my must watch list yet.

JudynTX
09-28-2010, 08:07 AM
:rolleyes Did ya'll watch it?

MannyIsGod
09-28-2010, 09:16 AM
Its trying way to hard to be Lost. I'll give it a few more episodes but so far I'm not really impressed. The aliens angle was so fucking predictable after the first episode.

I find the flashbacks in this show annoying as all hell.

TDMVPDPOY
09-28-2010, 09:16 AM
this types of shows usually have good start and director knows how its going to end, its just the middle part they must make, then again the middle part is usually fanfare anyway which would change the outcome of the plot and ending...

JoeChalupa
09-28-2010, 10:52 AM
I watched it and enjoyed it but yeah, almost all shows are predictable these days. Also watched Chase.

TDMVPDPOY
09-28-2010, 11:13 AM
dont tell me this show is going to be like SLIDERS, alternate realms....

JamStone
09-28-2010, 11:21 AM
I didn't watch it and I haven't watch many network dramas in a few years.

I got into 24 and Alias (which I thought was pretty good at first) and Prison Break several years back. I never got into Lost though. The problem with some of these new style network dramas is they try too hard to be like feature film movies. They overload early on with action and suspense. Thing with feature films is that they're 2 hours long so the thrill isn't dragged on for longer than that. You get the thrill, a few ooohs and ahhhs in the middle, then you get the elaborate ending and conclusion. It has a finality. With some of these shows, they try to milk the suspense and thrill week to week to week to week to week. It wears off. Can't have the same, one long storyline and plot dragged out like that.

That's why Prison Break failed after the first season for me. You can't drag it on.

But that's why an old school network action dramas like Quantum Leap or the A-Team worked for me. You have the same premise and same characters, but a different story each episode. Makes it different and interesting. Alias kind of had that for a while. Kind of what I like about the TNT show Leverage, at least the first couple seasons.

JudynTX
09-30-2010, 08:20 AM
Its trying way to hard to be Lost. I'll give it a few more episodes but so far I'm not really impressed. The aliens angle was so fucking predictable after the first episode.

It will never be LOST.

I find the flashbacks in this show annoying as all hell.

Yes, they are. If you leave the room for a second, you're totally lost cause they flash the date on the screen. :bang

monosylab1k
09-30-2010, 09:47 AM
It will never be LOST.

if it sucks, then it's already like Lost. And I'm pretty sure it sucks.

JudynTX
10-05-2010, 02:46 PM
I'll watch one more episode. I want more answers, otherwise :td

ChuckD
10-05-2010, 06:44 PM
I'll watch one more episode. I want more answers, otherwise :td

:lol It's a story arc, and they have 3 years plotted out already. How many answers do you REALLY want after 3 episodes?

I actually think it's gotten better since ep 1. My personal theory is that they are NOT aliens. I think they're from the future.

JudynTX
12-09-2010, 11:16 AM
I'm finally caught up on this. Any others? :lol

Viva Las Espuelas
12-09-2010, 11:26 AM
Ah. Coincidentally, I have. Pretty damn good. That woman leader is pretty cold. Her son is such a pushover.

JudynTX
12-09-2010, 11:32 AM
Ah. Coincidentally, I have. Pretty damn good. That woman leader is pretty cold. Her son is such a pushover.

I was trying to remember where I've seen Thomas before. Now I remember. He played a vato in Menace II Society. He sure has come a long way. :lol

Viva Las Espuelas
12-09-2010, 11:37 AM
I was trying to remember where I've seen Thomas before. Now I remember. He played a vato in Menace II Society. He sure has come a long way. :lol

I thought he was the dude from bangbus :lmao

Spurminator
12-09-2010, 12:16 PM
The writing and the acting on this show are so damn bad. Basically the only reason I'm watching it is because I've had a theory from the beginning that these people are time travelers from the very distant future (not aliens) and I'm waiting for the reveal to see it I was right. But it's really not a very good show at all. Reminds me of Heroes... potentially good, interesting concept, terrible execution.

Viva Las Espuelas
12-09-2010, 12:23 PM
Hmm. Well I firmly believe Blair's acting is horrible. Always have. Ever since LA Law. How old does that make you feel? :lol

JudynTX
12-09-2010, 01:07 PM
The writing and the acting on this show are so damn bad. Basically the only reason I'm watching it is because I've had a theory from the beginning that these people are time travelers from the very distant future (not aliens) and I'm waiting for the reveal to see it I was right. But it's really not a very good show at all. Reminds me of Heroes... potentially good, interesting concept, terrible execution.

I didn't consider they could be time travelers, I was thinking alien too.

Hmm. Well I firmly believe Blair's acting is horrible. Always have. Ever since LA Law. How old does that make you feel? :lol

:lol Worst president ever.

IronMaxipad
03-19-2011, 01:26 AM
'The Event' being canceled is 'The Event'

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/03/08/nbc-apparently-the-event-being-cancelled-is-the-event/85081

:lmao

oh crap
03-19-2011, 01:33 AM
never got into this show but will say harry's law is absolutely horrible but with the way this shit goes it will most likely last longer than chuck.

JudynTX
03-21-2011, 11:36 AM
'The Event' being canceled is 'The Event'

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/03/08/nbc-apparently-the-event-being-cancelled-is-the-event/85081

:lmao

:lol :lol

Viva Las Espuelas
03-21-2011, 01:30 PM
They got a little overzealous with the storytelling. Crammed too much in. Started slow, got better, then got boring again. Oh well. At least no one is subjected to Blair Underwood's horrible acting for the time being.

JudynTX
03-21-2011, 01:33 PM
They got a little overzealous with the storytelling. Crammed too much in. Started slow, got better, then got boring again. Oh well. At least no one is subjected to Blair Underwood's horrible acting for the time being.

It died a horrible death like Heroes.

JoeChalupa
03-21-2011, 02:09 PM
I started watching and lost interest.