PDA

View Full Version : Parker : "A big season "

nbaman99
09-22-2010, 02:09 AM
http://www.eurosport.fr/basketball/nba/2009-2010/une-grosse-saison_sto2477221/story.shtml

While in Paris, Tony Parker discussed with us his next challenges . After a difficult season , he blew and never worked as this was to rebound with San Antonio. In his line of sight , a "last chance " with Duncan and Ginobili as well as team France.
TONY PARKER, this summer, you 've followed the team from outside France during the World Cup . What did you think of his journey Turkey ?

TP : It's always hard to miss a world championship . I followed them closely . The team was on track . Then they had difficulties. So, we slap the Turks in the 8th round. It was tough at home, especially since they were strong. So certainly we can have regrets. But at the same time with the players at their disposal - the bench players are going to say - they still were not bad.

How did you feel your absence ?

T.P. : It made me a little bit sad . It felt strange not being with the team of France . But hey, it's political ... He spent a lot of things with the Spurs so I had to choose . But I think it will bear fruit in the future because this summer I am well rested. I took the opportunity to fully get back upright and chained the five or six years ago because of big deadlines that come with the France team and a big season for me next year .

You 've already announced that you 'll be there for Euro 2011 Ronny Turiaf and Joakim Noah ...

T.P. : I think everyone will be there. It's a big competition . In addition , it is important in view of the Olympic Games . It would be nice to see what this team can do to France to complete. But goal number one , it is the 2012 Olympics . Since I started my career , I 've already missed two times. I would like to play at least once the Olympics . It is a dream.

Joakim Noah is he the missing link in the France team ?

TP: It is clear that many Joakim could help us. This is an interior that is very, very successful in the NBA . At the international level , it could be very useful . I hope everything will go well for the signing of his contract and he will be quiet next year to play with us .

Before that , he will bounce back after a difficult season in San Antonio ...

TP : It 's true that I had a lot of small injuries (foot , hand and ankle , ed.) I think it was a sign. My body told me stop because I just kept going all these years with the NBA and the team of France. Since my 14 years I played 11 out of 13 summers . That's why I decided to rest this year to bounce back better in the coming years.

How you are you prepared ?

TP : I 'm rested for two months and a half but then I worked hard . I 've never worked like this during the summer. This is the first time in my career that I worked much on my game and I 'm all ready to be bodybuilding and avoid these little beasts injuries that occur when you're tired .

Do you feel you have progressed further ?

T.P. : Yes, yes. It will leave. Here I am . I'm really motivated for the upcoming season .

For you , this new season will be crucial ...

TP : This is my last year of his contract so he 'll have to make a big season. But I do not really want to waste my time thinking about these things . When you think about it too much, you're not performing . I'm going to focus more on the fact that we need to play well with the Spurs. We need to again become a headliner , because last year we did not really made a big season (San Antonio had been eliminated in the semifinals of the Western Conference , ed.) With new players who have arrived and the fact that I, Manu ( Ginobili ) and Tim ( Duncan) did not play with our national teams, hopefully we will be there right away and we will succeed big season.

You had announced emphatically in New York ...

T.P. : Those are rumors. I can not control them . When you still have another year contract , everyone will speak. Tony will go here , Tony will go here ... I can not do anything against it .

What can Spurs Tiago Splitter ?

T.P. : I think it will bring us much . It is a very intelligent player . He has won titles in Europe so he knows what it takes to win . Thanks to playing with Tim Duncan , I think it will be less pressure . The pressure will be on Duncan , Ginobili or me. He will be freer to do what he wants and he will have time to learn .

Is this the last adventure for the trio Duncan - Ginobili - Parker ?

T.P. : Yes. Personally , I think this will be our last real chance to win a title . Duncan aging ... This is our last chance.

What are your thoughts on the departure of LeBron James in Miami?

T.P. : It is always difficult. Whatever he does, we knew that there were people who were not unhappy . It is true that I would have liked to see in New York. It would have been nice. Miami is not bad too . But they are not champions. There are good teams in the East with Boston, Chicago or Orlando . It will be a conference noted.

Do you think the Heat will he break the record for victories Bulls Michael Jordan ( 72 wins in 1996 )?

T.P. : No. It is a record that will be very hard to beat ...

This season, we may also see a lot of French in the NBA ...

T.P. : That's nice. There are more and more Europeans , more and more French. There will be 13 or something like that. It's good for the French basketball . It will be interesting to follow Rodrigue Beaubois (in Dallas ) . Otherwise , I see Nicolas Batum (Portland ) made a big season.

To track your season, we can go on Twitter, Facebook or your website. You are very active on the net ...

TP : I use a lot of new platforms. Today , I think it's important to communicate with his community, his fans and share your news . It also allows you to control your information . Me , I love . That's nice. It is I who am updating . Everybody does not . Some left to their managers . I prefer doing it myself so I say what I say. If I 'm busy or I do not have time , there is someone who helps me to help me put the photos or videos, make sure that it is updated as soon as possible.

Sisk
09-22-2010, 02:22 AM
Here we go

DespЏrado
09-22-2010, 05:21 AM
Money quote:

Is this the last adventure for the trio Duncan - Ginobili - Parker ?

T.P. : Yes. Personally , I think this will be our last real chance to win a title . Duncan aging ... This is our last chance.

I'd say this makes this year the official farewell tour for the Duncan dynasty, an end of an era...I'd say there is about a 1 in 5 chance Parker suits up for the Spurs next year and a 40% chance he is gone by the deadline.
:depressed

GSH
09-22-2010, 07:14 AM
http://www.eurosport.fr/basketball/nba/2009-2010/une-grosse-saison_sto2477221/story.shtml

How did you feel your absence ?

T.P. : It made me a little bit sad . It felt strange not being with the team of France . But hey, it's political ... He spent a lot of things with the Spurs so I had to choose . But I think it will bear fruit in the future because this summer I am well rested. I took the opportunity to fully get back upright and chained the five or six years ago because of big deadlines that come with the France team and a big season for me next year .

Both Tony and Manu have said in interviews that taking the summer off gave them the chance to get fully healed for the upcoming season. Manu commented that it was the first time that he has been at 10, or something to that effect. In other words, they both know that the summer ball has taken its toll, and that they haven't been 100% for the beginning of their NBA seasons. And the only way to heal up during the season is by taking games off.

Just winning a few more games early in the season could have given them home court in the later rounds of the playoffs. Makes you wonder if there would be more banners in the rafters if two of our Big 3 had been at full strength.

This year there shouldn't be any excuses other than age. For maybe the first time ever, we will be getting 100% of Tony and Manu for the entire season. I hope they come out hungry, and take it to the league from the first game. Maybe winning another title would keep Tony here.

Brazil
09-22-2010, 07:48 AM
Translation is pretty awful.
TP is always straight to the point.

romain.star
09-22-2010, 07:55 AM
test

romain.star
09-22-2010, 07:56 AM
[QUOTE=nbaman99;4637997]http://www.eurosport.fr/basketball/nba/2009-2010/une-grosse-saison_sto2477221/story.shtml

T.P. : It is always difficult. Whatever he does, we knew that there were people who were not unhappy . It is true that I would have liked to see in New York. It would have been nice. Miami is not bad too . But they are not champions. There are good teams in the East with Boston, Chicago or Orlando . It will be a conference noted.

Not sure of the transcript but this sentence sounds pretty weird to me

Brazil
09-22-2010, 08:03 AM
[QUOTE=romain.star;4638074]

Not sure of the transcript but this sentence sounds pretty weird to me

"C'est vrai que j'aurais bien aimé le voir à New York. Ça aurait pu être sympa. "

romain.star
09-22-2010, 08:15 AM
[QUOTE=romain.star;4638075]

"C'est vrai que j'aurais bien aimé le voir à New York. Ça aurait pu être sympa. "

Ouaip mais étant donné les rumeurs le concernant, je dirais qu'il s'agit là d'une phrase un poil suspecte... toute parano mise à part

Mel_13
09-22-2010, 08:21 AM
Wretched Google translation. Perhaps if this had been posted as "French media interview with Tony-need translation", the French posters would have provided an accurate translation by now.

In any event, it would appear that there is next to nothing new here and certainly nothing surprising.

lefty
09-22-2010, 08:56 AM
So, less ballhogging? (hopefully)

So where is TP going next summer? NY? L.A?

cantthinkofanything
09-22-2010, 09:02 AM
So, less ballhogging? (hopefully)

So where is TP going next summer? NY? L.A?

One would hope so. But I think it it more likely that we see it turning into Tony trying to showcase his quickness and finishing ability. More ballhogging.

cantthinkofanything
09-22-2010, 09:53 AM
"Manu, what did Richard Jefferson do when he heard the new Twilight movie was coming out?"

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4112/5011617543_52fa559229_b.jpg

DAF86
09-22-2010, 10:27 AM
Tony is gonna ball this upcoming season, and by that I mean MVP candidate, book it.

DPG21920
09-22-2010, 10:37 AM
Tony is gonna ball this upcoming season, and by that I mean MVP candidate, book it.

I already made that prediction!

ohmwrecker
09-22-2010, 10:49 AM
Awkward translation, but Tony is a straight shooter. I don't have a problem with anything he said. The big three are coming into the season with very real expectations about the future. This is the major reason why you have to put the Spurs in the title contender discussion. They are going to drive themselves and everyone on the team to the limit. They know this is their last real shot to win and they are going to win or go down swinging. These guys are proven winners and they know what it takes to win. This is going to be a hell of a season. I can't wait.

I already made that prediction!

Me too . . .

Giuseppe
09-22-2010, 11:04 AM
Awkward translation, but Tony is a straight shooter. I don't have a problem with anything he said. The big three are coming into the season with very real expectations about the future. This is the major reason why you have to put the Spurs in the title contender discussion. They are going to drive themselves and everyone on the team to the limit. They know this is their last real shot to win and they are going to win or go down swinging. These guys are proven winners and they know what it takes to win. This is going to be a hell of a season. I can't wait.

If they can avoid the Phoenix Suns they'll stand a better chance.

cantthinkofanything
09-22-2010, 11:07 AM

The difference between the big three is that 2 are signed through next season. Parker may be playing for the Spurs but he is also playing for contract negotiations after this season. With 3 rings, I'm not so sure that Tony values a championship this season more than a maximum contract in a different city. Especially if he thinks he's going to have plenty of more chances with his next team.
I guess the somewhat mitigating factor is that his effectiveness on the Spurs isn't based much on his passing and maybe the conflicts mentioned above aren't mutually exclusive. I just hope this contract year doesn't cloud his judgement.

DesignatedT
09-22-2010, 12:16 PM
What's the big deal about him saying he thinks this is our last real chance.... most people on here have written us off since last season. It's just an honest statement.

wildbill2u
09-22-2010, 12:19 PM
if the translation is fairly accurate about his opinion of Duncan's decliine and how it will affect the Spurs on a 'last hurrah' season, then I think he will go elsewhere after this coming year.

I don't think he'd want to stay and perhaps waste his own last hurrah seasons with a non-contender.

Sic transit gloria

Obstructed_View
09-22-2010, 12:20 PM
I'm glad Parker still thinks the Spurs have a chance. Combine that with a contract year for him and some promising young players and they might be able to make a run and convince him to stick around.

DPG21920
09-22-2010, 12:33 PM
TP's interviews are always great. I like that about him.

thispego
09-22-2010, 12:44 PM
google translation? spurtalk is better than this :depressed

lefty
09-22-2010, 01:57 PM
So, what will the NYK look like with TP, Amare and Melo next season?

Brazil
09-22-2010, 02:00 PM
I'm going to try to translate the spurs related part. Lefty instead of writting you dislike TP (we already knew) help me out.

lefty
09-22-2010, 02:01 PM
I'm going to try to translate the spurs related part. Lefty instead of writting you dislike TP (we already knew) help me out.
Sorry :D

galvatron3000
09-22-2010, 02:04 PM

man, sounds like that was going to help get him in NY because there is nothing in NY when Wade and Bosh were in Miami.

Brazil
09-22-2010, 02:15 PM
Wasn't it hard for you to not play this summer with FNT ?

I have to admit I'm feeling a little bit sad to have missed this opportunity, it's weird for me to not play with the guys during the summer. Well, it's quite political... Some many things happened with the Spurs therefore I needed to choose. Nevertheless I think it will be a good thing at the end because I rested well. I took this opportunity to get back in shape and be ready for the next 5 or 6 next years because there big challenges coming with FNT and a big season coming for me.

You already announced you will be there next year for the 2011 EURO with Ronny and Noah.

I think everybody will be there. It's a big competition. Besides it's a key competition for the olympics. It would be nice to see this team complete for once to see what we can do. Nevertheless the first objective is the 2012 olympics. I already missed the olympics twice. I would like to have the opportunity to be part of that at least once. This is a dream.

Before that you need to bounce back after a tough season with the spurs..

It's true I had a lot of health issues. I think it was a signal. My boddy warned me it was too much. Since I'm 14 years old, I played 11 summers out of 13. This is the reason why I decided to rest to be ready for the years coming.

How was your preparation ?

I rested two months and half but then I worked hard. I never worked that much during the summer before. it's the first time that I work so much on my game and I did so much fitness to be ready to avoid these small stupid injuries that happened when you are fragile.

Brazil
09-22-2010, 02:27 PM
Everybody announced you to sign with NY...

This is just rumors. I cannot control it. When you have one year contract left, everybody will talk. Tony will go here or there... there's nothing I can do about it.

What Tiago can bring to the spurs ?

I think he can bring a lot. He is a smart player. He won titles in Europe therefore he knows what it takes to win. He is going to play with Tim Duncan so he will have less pressure. Pressure will be on Duncan, ginobili or my shoulders. He will have more liberty to do what he wants and he will have time to learn.

This is the last journey for the big 3 ?

Yes. I think this is our last chance to win a title. Duncan is aging... this is our last shot.

What do you think of Lebron playing for Miami ?

Its always difficult, no matter what, there will be unhappy people. It's true I would have been happy to see him in NY. It would have been nice but Miami is good too but they are no champs yet. There are good eastern teams with Boston, Chicago or Orlando. It's going to be a challenging conference.

Mel_13
09-22-2010, 02:28 PM

I have to admit I'm feeling a little bit sad to have missed this opportunity, it's weird for me to not play with the guys during the summer. Well, it's quite political... Some many things happened with the Spurs therefore I needed to choose. Nevertheless I think it will be a good thing at the end because I rested well. I took this opportunity to get back in shape and be ready for the next 5 or 6 next years because there big challenges coming with FNT and a big season coming for me.

You already announced you will be there next year for the 2011 EURO with Ronny and Noah.

I think everybody will be there. It's a big competition. Besides it's a key competition for the olympics. It would be nice to see this team complete for once to see what we can do. Nevertheless the first objective is the 2012 olympics. I already missed the olympics twice. I would like to have the opportunity to be part of that at least once. This is a dream.

It's true I had a lot of health issues. I think it was a signal. My boddy warned me it was too much. Since I'm 14 years old, I played 11 summers out of 13. This is the reason why I decided to rest to be ready for the years coming.

I rested two months and half but then I worked hard. I never worked that much during the summer before. it's the first time that I work so much on my game and I did so much fitness to be ready to avoid these small stupid injuries that happened when you are fragile.

Thanks for the translation. :tu

As others have said, Tony is always open and honest.

Brazil
09-22-2010, 02:30 PM
i'm not sure if my translation is better than the google one but I tried.

Nathan89
09-22-2010, 02:32 PM
When does the season start?????

mountainballer
09-22-2010, 03:03 PM
This is the last journey for the big 3 ?

Yes. I think this is our last chance to win a title. Duncan is aging... this is our last shot.

doesn't sound as if he is planning to stay beyond next summer.

nbaman99
09-22-2010, 03:20 PM

:toast

ohmwrecker
09-22-2010, 03:24 PM
i'm not sure if my translation is better than the google one but I tried.

It's a hell of a lot better than the first one. Even though the first translation was difficult to read, it wasn't difficult to understand what he was saying.

Brazil
09-22-2010, 04:53 PM
It's a hell of a lot better than the first one. Even though the first translation was difficult to read, it wasn't difficult to understand what he was saying.

I do agree, there was no major misunterpretation in the google translation.

Brazil
09-22-2010, 05:01 PM
doesn't sound as if he is planning to stay beyond next summer.

does sound he honestly doesn't know what is going to happen next year.

I do think he is just letting clear what are his priorities for his future after the next season.

FNT will be one of his priority, fighting to get a long solid contract (5 years) is the second one with the spurs or another franchise.

We can say what we want about parker but he has a very nice quality: he is honest and direct. If the spurs want to keep him, they will have to give him a 5 years contract for a solid amount and let him play with the FNT. From that, Spurs have time to define how they want to build the future of the franchise.

slick'81
09-22-2010, 05:34 PM
please dont go tony we need you lol

YIAnkrPgTvY

duncan228
09-22-2010, 05:43 PM
NBA PM: Parker, Spurs Feel Urgency (http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=17388)
By Yannis Koutroupis
Hoopsworld

The End Of The Big Three: Not too long ago it was the San Antonio Spurs that had the league's marquee big three with Tim Duncan, Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili. Since coming together in 2001 they've won three championships and at least 50 games every season. Like all great combinations, they can't stay together forever and the 2010-2011 season very well could be their last as teammates. Duncan is 34 years old, Ginobili is 33 and Parker is in the final year of his contract. Parker, who has the freedom to sign wherever he wants next summer, definitely sees the end of their run in sight and is looking to make the most of what's left of it.

"Personally I think this will be our last real chance to win a title," admitted Parker in an interview with EuroSport (http://projectspurs.com/2010-articles/september/parker-qthis-is-our-last-chanceq.html). "Duncan's aging, this is our last chance.

"This is the last year of my contract, so we'll have to have a big season. But I do not want to waste my time thinking about these things. When you think about it too much, you're not performing. I'm going to focus more on the fact that we need to play well. We must again become a headliner, because last year we did not really have a big season. With the new players added and the fact that I, Manu and Tim did not play with our national teams, I hope we will be there right away and will succeed big."

Parker, like Ginobili with Argentina, is one of the faces of basketball in his home country of France. They greatly needed him in the FIBA World Championships, but an injury-riddled season in 09-10 convinced him that it was best to get some rest.

"It's true that I had a lot of small injuries (last year)," stated Parker. "I think it was a sign. My body told me to stop because I played all these years with the NBA and the team of France. I played 11 out of 13 summers. That's why I decided to rest this time to rebound in the coming years."

Parker further displayed his focus on the upcoming season by dismissing the rumors that have him leaving San Antonio for a bigger market like New York at season's end.

"Those are rumors," pointed out Parker. "I cannot control them. When you have one year on your contract everyone will speak. 'Tony will go here, Tony will go there.' I cannot do anything about that."

The only thing Parker has control over is his play on the court. He had a down year last season after a career year prior to that. He's healthy now, though, with as talented of a supporting cast as he's ever had. Parker has already pinpointed newcomer Tiago Splitter, a Brazilian big man that the Spurs drafted in 2007, as someone who can be a difference-maker in their quest for another championship.

"I think he will bring a lot," Parker predicted. "He is a very intelligent player. He won titles in Europe, so he knows what it takes to win. Thanks to playing with Duncan, I think there will be less pressure on him. The pressure will be on Duncan, Ginobili or me. He will be freer to do what he wants."

Only in the best-case scenario do the Spurs have a realistic chance of preventing the Los Angeles Lakers from winning the Western Conference for the fourth year in a row. It's certainly possible, however, if they play with the "there's no tomorrow" mentality. Making the most of the big three's last days could lead to their inevitable breakup being harmonious, which is only fitting after all they've accomplished.

ezau
09-22-2010, 09:05 PM
I would be surprised if the Big Three doesn't play with a sense of urgency at the start of the season.

GSH
09-22-2010, 11:50 PM
I have to admit I'm feeling a little bit sad to have missed this opportunity, it's weird for me to not play with the guys during the summer. Well, it's quite political... Some many things happened with the Spurs therefore I needed to choose.

Nevertheless the first objective is the 2012 olympics. I already missed the olympics twice. I would like to have the opportunity to be part of that at least once. This is a dream.

It's true I had a lot of health issues. I think it was a signal. My body warned me it was too much. Since I'm 14 years old, I played 11 summers out of 13.

Well I think that pretty much shoots down the people who have always insisted that Tony's summer play didn't affect his play, or contribute to his injuries. If you don't believe anyone else, you at least should believe Tony himself. Small, stupid injuries happen more often "when you are fragile" from not taking a rest.

I can understand and respect his desire to play in the Olympics - especially when he describes it as being "a dream" of his. It's a big deal, and he deserves the opportunity. But I would be even more sympathetic if he hand't played all those other summers. Because you can spin it any way you want to, but all that summer ball has cost the Spurs by watering down what he would have been able to contribute.

He did piss me off with the bit about it being "quite political". That part is just disrespectful to the Spurs. He was injured, and risked his NBA season by continuing to play. (What does he care? He gets paid either way.) Saying that it was political was bullshit. What he should have said was, "I was injured, and I had to honor my commitment to the Spurs." But he obviously didn't feel that way, or he would have come back on his own.

duncan228
09-22-2010, 11:58 PM
Parker's anxiety a Spurs advantage (http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/parkersanxietya_spursadvantage_103593224.html?show FullArticle=y)
Buck Harvey

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/parkersanxietya_spursadvantage_103593224.html?show FullArticle=y

GSH
09-23-2010, 12:25 AM
Parker's anxiety a Spurs advantage (http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/parkersanxietya_spursadvantage_103593224.html?show FullArticle=y)
Buck Harvey

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/parkersanxietya_spursadvantage_103593224.html?show FullArticle=y

I hope Buck Harvey is right. One way or the other, this season will probably prove one way or the other what Parker is made of. At his age and experience, he should be at his absolute prime. All the pieces are in place for him to have an outstanding season. Anything short of that is on him.

spurs10
09-23-2010, 02:00 AM
It seems pretty clear that Tony intends to have the best season of his career. Last year was obviously disappointing to him. It's going be great to watch the Spurs this year. Sure they're older, but these guys know how to win and are very hungry. Thanks for the translations!

gilmor
09-23-2010, 02:45 AM
Well I think that pretty much shoots down the people who have always insisted that Tony's summer play didn't affect his play, or contribute to his injuries. If you don't believe anyone else, you at least should believe Tony himself. Small, stupid injuries happen more often "when you are fragile" from not taking a rest.

I can understand and respect his desire to play in the Olympics - especially when he describes it as being "a dream" of his. It's a big deal, and he deserves the opportunity. But I would be even more sympathetic if he hand't played all those other summers. Because you can spin it any way you want to, but all that summer ball has cost the Spurs by watering down what he would have been able to contribute.

He did piss me off with the bit about it being "quite political". That part is just disrespectful to the Spurs. He was injured, and risked his NBA season by continuing to play. (What does he care? He gets paid either way.) Saying that it was political was bullshit. What he should have said was, "I was injured, and I had to honor my commitment to the Spurs." But he obviously didn't feel that way, or he would have come back on his own.

So what do you think of Manu when he played injured during the Beijing Olympics and that cost his leg to be operated on and hence missing the entire season?

alchemist
09-23-2010, 07:43 AM
Buck Harvey

aka get your popcorn ready. :lobt2:

Brazil
09-23-2010, 08:03 AM

Point is TP has never missed one PO game and he played most of them fully healthy. Last year was one of the few times he wasn't 100% because he broke his hands before and he healed in 3 fucking weeks: this kind of injury has nothing to do with summer.

In my books and IMHO TP health never costed a spurs play off run.

TP's fragility is more linked to the fact he played during 10 years 82 bb games in 6 months every year. The NBA schedule is just fucking crazy. Of course playing during the summer is not helping but main reason of health issues is on NBA calendar not international plays.

Russ
09-23-2010, 09:12 AM
In the clearing stands a boxer
And a fighter by his trade
And he carries the reminders
Of every glove that layed him down
Or cut him till he cried out
In his anger and his shame
"I am leaving, I am leaving"
But the fighter still remains

-- Tony Parker

phxspurfan
09-23-2010, 01:52 PM
Tony is gonna ball this season. And by that I mean he will be an MVP candidate. You heard it here first.

DAF86
09-23-2010, 02:15 PM
Tony is gonna ball this season. And by that I mean he will be an MVP candidate. You heard it here first.

I disagree.

diego
09-23-2010, 02:39 PM
The NBA schedule is just fucking crazy. Of course playing during the summer is not helping but main reason of health issues is on NBA calendar not international plays.

not competing in international play has really worked for duncan hasnt it?

same with manu: the seasons after he didnt play with the arg national team (05-06 season, 07-08) his body broke down, whereas the seasons after he did play (02-03, 04-05, 06-07) it clearly cost the spurs a chance to win a ring :rolleyes

of course it takes a toll, i'm not arguing otherwise, but maybe just maybe the 82 game season is (a large) part of the equation. also, not even cars are like that. its not a matter of "X number of miles = X number of wear and tear". first, accidents happen, second, some types of wear and tear do not have an immediate effect, or any effect at all.

Brazil
09-23-2010, 04:40 PM
not competing in international play has really worked for duncan hasnt it?

same with manu: the seasons after he didnt play with the arg national team (05-06 season, 07-08) his body broke down, whereas the seasons after he did play (02-03, 04-05, 06-07) it clearly cost the spurs a chance to win a ring :rolleyes

of course it takes a toll, i'm not arguing otherwise, but maybe just maybe the 82 game season is (a large) part of the equation. also, not even cars are like that. its not a matter of "X number of miles = X number of wear and tear". first, accidents happen, second, some types of wear and tear do not have an immediate effect, or any effect at all.

Pretty much.

82 games is not the problem the problem is to play 82 games in less than 6 months with 20 or so back to back games.

ohmwrecker
09-23-2010, 06:56 PM
I disagree.

It's hard to argue with such well thought out, iron tight reasoning like that.

DAF86
09-23-2010, 08:52 PM
I'm a badass arguer.