PDA

View Full Version : Howard comments on Anthony, compares LeBron-Durant

duncan228
09-22-2010, 04:03 PM
Howard comments on Anthony, compares LeBron-Durant (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/danpatrick/blog/129101/index.html?eref=fromSI)
The Dan Patrick Show

Dwight Howard joined the show to talk about his offseason and more. Here are some of his takes ...

-- Howard is sticking with his statement the Lakers are the team to fear more than the Heat.

"People had forgotten about the Lakers," Howard said. "They just won back-to-back championships. I know everyone is going with the hype of having the three guys in Miami, which is going to be very interesting. I think the bigger challenge is playing the Lakers."

-- Howard said that Carmelo Anthony would look good in an Orlando Magic uniform.

-- Dan asked Howard who is better ... Kevin Durant or LeBron James? "I'm gonna go with Kevin," Howard said.

-- Howard said that he was thinking about putting together an all-white player dunk contest. Dan asked him the top three white dunkers. Howard said he would go with Joe Alexander, Chris Andersen. and he couldn't come up with a third.

-- Howard also said he had a dream this offseason that he was traded to Cincinnati. Howard said in the dream the team told him they wanted to go younger. Howard wasn't sure how Cincinnati got a franchise.

Howard also said he had a recurring nightmare about Kobe Bryan dunking on him when he was a rookie.

Listen to this segment... (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/danpatrick/listenlive.player.html?file=http://ht.cdn.turner.com/si/danpatrick/audio/2010/09/22/DP-Dwight_Howard-09-22-10_Interview.mp3)

Ashy Larry
09-22-2010, 04:14 PM
some people will make it seem like a slight towards LeBron.......

Udokafan05
09-22-2010, 04:23 PM
Great interview, Dan Patrick continues to be the best on the radio

Killakobe81
09-22-2010, 05:43 PM
It was just an opinion. Besides, howard has had success vs. Lebron's teams and maybe that clouds his perspective. I think Lebron is STILL better but Durant is gaining ...

Gutter92
09-22-2010, 06:15 PM
I totally agree, the Lakers are the champions, and therefore the favorites...if Miami beats them in the Finals its an upset imo...

RsxPiimp
09-22-2010, 07:38 PM
Nope. Lebron is still better than Durant.

HarlemHeat37
09-22-2010, 07:43 PM
:lol Dwight Howard is already butthurt..

Lebron's mental list is growing by the hour..

Koolaid_Man
09-22-2010, 07:44 PM
Nope. Lebron is still better than Durant.

based on what...Durant plays in the West...a place where King Kobe resides..by virtue of this fact alone...Durant is better...same thing with Melo...Melo doesn't get much run because he's in the West under Kobe's shadow...if Lebron or Wade played in the West they's be in the same position as Melo...:toast

Ace
09-22-2010, 07:49 PM
based on what...Durant plays in the West...a place where King Kobe resides..by virtue of this fact alone...Durant is better...same thing with Melo...Melo doesn't get much run because he's in the West under Kobe's shadow...if Lebron or Wade played in the West they's be in the same position as Melo...:toast
You just don't know much about basketball do ya?

Koolaid_Man
09-22-2010, 07:54 PM
You just don't know much about basketball do ya?

what I do know is that Lebron threw the towel in...no matter how you slice it...the Nigga bailed in the biggest series of his career...he didn't wanna see Kobe...didn't want no parts of that heavyweight bout...

The Nike puppet commercials, the Lebron's commercials, the MJ comparisons, the Kobe comparisons, all of this was Lebron not Durant...and Lebron petered out...

Like I said....Lebron had it way easier than Durant and the ho ass nigga just couldn't get er done...:toast

Ace
09-22-2010, 08:14 PM
what I do know is that Lebron threw the towel in...no matter how you slice it...the Nigga bailed in the biggest series of his career...he didn't wanna see Kobe...didn't want no parts of that heavyweight bout...

The Nike puppet commercials, the Lebron's commercials, the MJ comparisons, the Kobe comparisons, all of this was Lebron not Durant...and Lebron petered out...

Like I said....Lebron had it way easier than Durant and the ho ass nigga just couldn't get er done...:toast

Kobe has nothing to do with who the better player is between Lebron and Kevin. Kobe quit against the Suns and nobody holds that against him in comparing his talents. That's a ridiculous argument to make.

duncan228
09-22-2010, 08:47 PM
Dwight Howard would rather have Kevin Durant than LeBron James on his team (http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/dwight-howard-would-rather-have-kevin-durant-than-lebron-james-on-his-team.php)
By John Krolik

Magic center Dwight Howard recently sat down for an interview with Sports Illustrated's Dan Patrick (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/danpatrick/blog/129101/index.html).

During the course of it, Patrick asked Dwight Howard who he'd rather have as a teammate -- Kevin Durant of the Oklahoma City Thunder or LeBron James of the Miami Heat. After hesitating briefly, Howard went with Durant, who's fresh off leading Team USA to a FIBA World Championship.

This isn't the first time Howard has chosen Durant over LeBron -- when asked who the NBA MVP last April, Howard told the hosts of ESPN's "Pardon the Interruption" that he thought Durant should win the award (http://larrybrownsports.com/basketball/dwight-howards-mvp-list-kevin-durant-amare-stoudemire-above-lebron/16524), with Amar'e Stoudemire coming in a close second and James finishing third.

Howard told Patrick that he had a "chance to talk to [Durant] in high school, at a camp." Durant and Howard were also both represented by Aaron Goodwin before Howard left the agency in late April. LeBron left Goodwin's agency in 2005. Howard and James played together in international competition in both 2007 and 2008.

Last season, LeBron received 116 out of a possible 122 1st-place votes for the MVP award -- Durant had the second-most first place votes with four. Many feel that Durant is a favorite to win the MVP award next season because of the feeling that Chris Bosh and Dwayne Wade will take possessions away from LeBron as Durant and the Thunder continue to improve.

Koolaid_Man
09-22-2010, 08:56 PM
Kobe has nothing to do with who the better player is between Lebron and Kevin. Kobe quit against the Suns and nobody holds that against him in comparing his talents. That's a ridiculous argument to make.

Kobe has everything to do with Lebron v Durant....Durant plays in Kobe's conference meaning by default Lebron has a cake walk...This reminds me of the Rocket fans claiming that Vernon Maxwell could check MJ just because he played him twice a year...

Kobe v Suns is a moot point..Why? because even if he did quit (which I could disprove but don't want to) he's on the Verge of 3 peating and Lebron is on the verge of completely melting down after this season. Lebron has had it easy as the yellow brick road....:lol

Ace
09-22-2010, 09:24 PM
Kobe has everything to do with Lebron v Durant....Durant plays in Kobe's conference meaning by default Lebron has a cake walk...This reminds me of the Rocket fans claiming that Vernon Maxwell could check MJ just because he played him twice a year...

Kobe v Suns is a moot point..Why? because even if he did quit (which I could disprove but don't want to) he's on the Verge of 3 peating and Lebron is on the verge of completely melting down after this season. Lebron has had it easy as the yellow brick road....:lol
:lol Your stupidity knows no bounds. Why bring up the Maxwell/Jordan argument when the issue is not about checking Kobe, but who is the better player between Lebron and Durant. Maybe its because your so infatuated with Kobe that you just can't go without mentioning him. In fact, your so infatuated with Kobe that you now wish you were a white girl. Good news for you is that your already a bitch so your half way there. :tu

Venti Quattro
09-22-2010, 09:48 PM
Dwight is just speaking what's more tailor-fit for his game. Durant is a much, much better shooter than LeBron and of course an inside-outside game would work more with D12-KD compared to D12-LBJ.

Koolaid_Man
09-22-2010, 09:53 PM
:lol Your stupidity knows no bounds. Why bring up the Maxwell/Jordan argument when the issue is not about checking Kobe, but who is the better player between Lebron and Durant. Maybe its because your so infatuated with Kobe that you just can't go without mentioning him. In fact, your so infatuated with Kobe that you now wish you were a white girl. Good news for you is that your already a bitch so your half way there. :tu

butt sore plenty aye? :lol

Hey check out your favorite homo's shaking their asses yet again:
These Niggas ought to be locked up together...:lol

ObWCnwjz4tE

Ace
09-22-2010, 10:13 PM
now if only I was a white girl

Change the subject....