PDA

View Full Version : And, in the continuing saga of...

Yonivore
09-22-2010, 07:29 PM
..."If a Republican had said it!"

AyTDAHdZFNk

California Democrat Loretta Sanchez tells her Latino audience the Vietnamese and Republicans are trying to take their District away from them. No, that's not racist.

ElNono
09-22-2010, 08:02 PM
If you put it in context, you probably would understand what is she talking about...

The very first thing would be to read an article on the subject, like this one (http://www.ocweekly.com/2010-05-06/news/moxley-confidential-loretta-sanchez-vietnam-communism/).

ElNono
09-22-2010, 08:08 PM
FWIW, I have no sympathy for Loretta...

ChumpDumper
09-22-2010, 08:12 PM
So yoni is a supporter of human trafficking?

Sounds about right.

Yonivore
09-22-2010, 08:13 PM
If you put it in context, you probably would understand what is she talking about...

The very first thing would be to read an article on the subject, like this one (http://www.ocweekly.com/2010-05-06/news/moxley-confidential-loretta-sanchez-vietnam-communism/).
I'll read the article but, up front, I can't imagine a context in which "the Vietnamese...are trying to take your District away" is anything but racist.

But, give me a minute and let me read up.

ChumpDumper
09-22-2010, 08:16 PM
Could be legit or could be just posturing.

Regardless, I'm not going to believe an edited YouTube.

Yonivore
09-22-2010, 08:18 PM
That kind of made it worse...suggesting, to me, she wants to paint her opponent Van Tran as a communist sympathizer in cahoots with the human slave traders.

Sorry, I'm not buying what she's selling...

ChumpDumper
09-22-2010, 08:19 PM
I always believe the edited YouTube.

ElNono
09-22-2010, 10:36 PM
That kind of made it worse...suggesting, to me, she wants to paint her opponent Van Tran as a communist sympathizer in cahoots with the human slave traders.

Sorry, I'm not buying what she's selling...

I'm not buying what she's selling either, but in context, you can see where the vietnamese angle comes from, and has little to do with racial bias.

Wild Cobra
09-22-2010, 11:04 PM
I'm not buying what she's selling either, but in context, you can see where the vietnamese angle comes from, and has little to do with racial bias.
Still, if it was said from republicans, the media play and spin would be non-stop. Do you disagree? they do it all the time to Rush, don't they. How many times does someone post a Rush quote, only to find it was out of context?

ChumpDumper
09-22-2010, 11:05 PM
Still, if it was said from republicans, the media play would be non-stop. Do you disagree?If someone disingenuously chopped up a spot and put it on YouTube, sure.

Winehole23
09-23-2010, 06:28 AM
If a Republican said it you would defend him/her against the critics, Yoni.

Winehole23
09-23-2010, 06:28 AM
You would be saying something very like what ElNono said.

George Gervin's Afro
09-23-2010, 07:49 AM
Still, if it was said from republicans, the media play and spin would be non-stop. Do you disagree? they do it all the time to Rush, don't they. How many times does someone post a Rush quote, only to find it was out of context?

Ironic because Rush makes a living on taking statements out of context...he is a soundbite shadow boxer..

ElNono
09-23-2010, 07:58 AM

I disagree. I think this happens to people from any party. It's not like Fox News doesn't do stuff like this.

It's wrong, no matter who does it.

FuzzyLumpkins
09-23-2010, 11:33 AM
I just love this shit. I put this right up there with the whole 'liberals are taking over the media' bullshit spouted constantly on all-but-GOP-controlled Fox News and AM radio news.

If a GOP said it? Well a democrat did say it and you ARE bitching about it. This type of shit is spammed by Fox and AM radio too. Its so mind-numbingly hypocritical stupid.

MannyIsGod
09-23-2010, 12:00 PM
I just love this shit. I put this right up there with the whole 'liberals are taking over the media' bullshit spouted constantly on all-but-GOP-controlled Fox News and AM radio news.

If a GOP said it? Well a democrat did say it and you ARE bitching about it. This type of shit is spammed by Fox and AM radio too. Its so mind-numbingly hypocritical stupid.

:tu

TeyshaBlue
09-23-2010, 05:06 PM

Ok. If the GOP said it, it gets slammed by the liberal media.

If the DEMS say it, it gets slammed by the conservative media.

Ergo, both are hypocritical for slamming it. If so, who is left to actually report it?
I would venture that it's not worthy of a news story....but that standard does not apply to pundits on either side.
I'm not sure what your point is other than the blatantly obvious.
Hypocrites act hypocritically.