PDA

View Full Version : Help needed: Online Store for beer

eisfeld
09-23-2010, 05:11 PM
Since I've been to Edinburgh I've been looking desperately for some Belhaven's best ale to order online.

So far I found only Aussie websites - no shipment overseas though.
Does any of you know a website which sells different sorts of beer and has worldwide shipment?

Any help appreciated ;)

Stringer_Bell
09-23-2010, 05:19 PM
Have you tried contacting the distributor in Texas? I just got it from the site, tell them what you think of the beer and if they can hook you up with a pack. At the very least they'll point you to where you can get it on draft.

Agent: Ben E. Keith Company
3903 B Warehouse Row
Austin
TX

Telephone: 512-444-2337

eisfeld
09-23-2010, 05:40 PM
Thx for the advice... unfortunately I'm from Europe and believe it or not - getting those Beers here is more difficult than in the States. A specific store has it on stock from time to time but unfortunately they won't provide me with their supplier :bang

But anyways - I met some guys from Texas in Edinburgh who where also desperate to find a shop which has it - I'll forward your tip to them. Thx a lot :)

eisfeld
09-23-2010, 05:46 PM
I checked out the various websites of the retailes though - most of them only have the Stout for sale not the Ale... crap

Sisk
09-23-2010, 09:40 PM
http://www.internationalbeershop.com.au/products.asp?product_id=309

Is that it?

TDMVPDPOY
09-23-2010, 10:54 PM
check the japanese company website thats buying most brewerys :( see if they ship

leemajors
09-23-2010, 11:22 PM
check the japanese company website thats buying most brewerys :( see if they ship

InBev isn't remotely Japanese.

byrontx
09-23-2010, 11:40 PM
It's everywhere here. HEB grocery, liquor stores. Great beer.
Sorry, the rules dealing with alcohol distirbution limit international sales from here.

Vici
09-24-2010, 01:31 AM
Ya man I just got back from Glasgow and Belhaven's Best is the shit. I have found stout a few times but have been meaning to check Spec's. I will say this, I have never had so much alcohol in a 2 week span before Scotland. Best time of my life. I've been looking for a way to move over there without getting married.

eisfeld
09-24-2010, 07:18 AM
@Sisk
yep, that's it. Gonna check out the site. thx

@Vici
Tell me about it - first I got hooked on the Ale and then on some Highland Single Malt named Glenmorangie ;)
Never visited Glasgow though - only Edinburgh, Fort William, Fort Augustus, Inverness, Perth and Berwick upon Thyne. Although I'm planning my next trip to be exclusively Glasgow and the Highlands.

Sisk
09-24-2010, 04:59 PM
@Sisk
yep, that's it. Gonna check out the site. thx

I put in a random Austrian zip code and it says they ship there. It's a bit expensive, but at least they do.

phyzik
09-25-2010, 12:51 AM
http://www.greatclubs.com/beerofthemonthclub/

I use it... it's awesome....

They send you an assorted 12 pack of beer each month giving you a description of each flavor along with contact info if you want to order more of a certain product.

I'd venture to say, I have had more varieties of beer than ANY member of Spurstalk, unless they have themselves used this service.

At current count, I have probably tasted, in passing, at least 200 different breweries concoctions.

This is not a boast at all... I actually hate my alchoholism and hope to master it soon... but if you are really into tasting the finest beers from all over the world, you cant beat the 'Beer of the Month Club' as far as ease of access.

Vici
10-03-2010, 10:07 PM
Bagpipes in Austin has it and supposedly Flying saucer. It's known as Belhaven Scottish Ale. It obviously doesn't taste as fresh but damn it's still my favorite beer.