PDA

View Full Version : TD's Free throw's

Jimcs50
05-20-2005, 07:56 AM
TD was 14-17 from the charity stripe.

What is strange about this stat?

The 3 misses were all after made baskets. He missed all 3 point play opportunities.

That means he scored 2 pts on every shooting foul , he made Seattle pay each time he was fouled going for the basket....that is pretty damn good.

Nice.

The MVPs of the leage find ways to excel, even when they are not hitting their shots....that is what separates the winners from the losers.

Props to TD.

:elephant

Streakyshooter08
05-20-2005, 08:20 AM
Thanks for a positive post about Timmy! I don't understand that there are fans out there who wanted to take Tim out of the game and stuff like that. He is our best player and showed why he was a mvp. Sure he might not be as dominant as he was some years ago but without him we wouldn't even have a chance to win the championship.

Jimcs50
05-20-2005, 08:53 AM
Yes, you should have been on chat last night listening to all the whining about the MVP and Pop's crappy play calling....you would think that TD was some scrub. :rolleyes

Supergirl
05-20-2005, 09:40 AM
Tim has become so much smarter through the years, too. Last night was evidence of that. In his early years, when he would have a poor shooting night, he would stop shooting as much, and kind of overthink his game, and focus D and rebounding, and assists. Which is all fine, except in the playoffs, we need him to keep shooting, and trust in himself that he'll find his shot eventually. Last night he was able to do that. Sometimes he can be too cerebral.

MI21
05-20-2005, 09:52 AM
Tim is shooting up near 75% from the FT Line this postseason, and the trend for the playoffs is the more Free Throws he shoots in the game, the better he goes.

Hopefully he keeps it up.

Supergirl
05-20-2005, 10:48 AM
It's Parker's FTs I really don't understand. How can a jump shooting PG be such a lousy FT shooter? It makes even less sense than Rasho being a poor FT shooter, when his money shot is a jump shot from the free throw line.

Still, I'm not complaining. Duncan really willed himself into the game last night, like an MVP will. If we go on to win the championship - and we should - it'll be tough to say whether Tim or Manu is our MVP. Have they ever had co-MVPs in the Finals before?

sa_butta
05-20-2005, 10:55 AM
I think Duncan showed his true all-star colors
last night. Not only finishing the game injured but
winning it. I think it is lame for people to say this
is Manus team after all Duncan has done. And
he proved what he is made of once again.

MadDog73
05-20-2005, 10:59 AM
Duncan proved without a doubt his is the MVP.

But is was Manu who gave him the pass, and created the play.

Once again, Teamwork beats out individual play.

sa_butta
05-20-2005, 11:06 AM
Duncan proved without a doubt his is the MVP.

But is was Manu who gave him the pass, and created the play.

Once again, Teamwork beats out individual play.Touche
Well said.