PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy football - Who to start?

fitzgerald
09-24-2010, 12:29 PM
If you guys had these two choices below. Who would you start?

Kyle Orton vs Indy

or

Joe Flacco vs Cleveland

both quarterbacks are at home. Orton has really been racking in the points but I have had Flacco starter both weeks. Let me know what you think.

J.T.
09-24-2010, 12:46 PM
I'd go with Flacco, he's going up against an easier defense.

Blake
09-24-2010, 12:55 PM
It's all about the matchups.

Flacco.

Not to mention that the Broncos don't have top 3 super awesome Brandon Marshall any more. Orton has nobody to throw to.

Mr.Bottomtooth
09-24-2010, 01:00 PM
Jacobs, Barber, Hightower, or Wells? Two of them.

Blake
09-24-2010, 01:12 PM
Jacobs, Barber, Hightower, or Wells? Two of them.

Hightower and Barber

you apparently had a sorry draft

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-24-2010, 01:19 PM
Wells over Hightower since he's healthy now.

Mr.Bottomtooth
09-24-2010, 02:10 PM
Hightower and Barber

Yes I did. And I haven't really paid attention to the NFL in like a couple seasons.

Blake
09-24-2010, 02:24 PM
Wells over Hightower since he's healthy now.

I'm betting Hightower still gets more touches.

BUMP
09-24-2010, 02:35 PM
Orton, easily. The matchup initially looks like you should go with Flacco but Orton is money at home no matter who he's playing and the Colts D doesn't always travel with them. Flacco has been crappy all year.

LakerHater
09-24-2010, 02:49 PM
I'd start Flacco...

Hightower & Barber

The_BusDriver
09-24-2010, 03:26 PM
If you guys had these two choices below. Who would you start?

Kyle Orton vs Indy

or

Joe Flacco vs Cleveland

both quarterbacks are at home. Orton has really been racking in the points but I have had Flacco starter both weeks. Let me know what you think.

what?
you dont play much, do you?

Flacco vs Cleveland's D. 24/7

The_BusDriver
09-24-2010, 03:27 PM
Hightower and Barber

ditto

4>0rings
09-24-2010, 03:51 PM
Another who to start*************************

Correll Buckhalter

or

Tashard Choice

Buckhalter hasn't been given the start yet but has a chance too.

Choice has been sucking but because Romo is going away from the run but might return to it on Sunday although that fat bums son starts and goal lines withBarber.

Bush and Wells are injured on my team.

badfish22
09-24-2010, 04:13 PM
Personally, I wouldn't start any running back that Jason "50 pass attempts" Garrett controls.

MannyIsGod
09-24-2010, 04:19 PM
Jesus Christ some of you guys have some really shitty teams. I have better guys on my bench from the wire than some of the crap your'e starting.

I'd go with Flacco for sure, I'd go with Hightower and Barder as well, and if you think starting Choice is a good idea then I really hope there is no one on the waiver wire with a pulse.

LakerHater
09-24-2010, 04:49 PM
Another who to start*************************

Correll Buckhalter

or

Tashard Choice

Buckhalter hasn't been given the start yet but has a chance too.

Choice has been sucking but because Romo is going away from the run but might return to it on Sunday although that fat bums son starts and goal lines withBarber.

Bush and Wells are injured on my team.

You gotta go with Buckhalter!

J.T.
09-24-2010, 04:59 PM
I have Vick, Orton and Favre at QB. Prob going to wait until Sidney Rice gets back and Favre starts putting up better stats so I can trade his ass for a better RB or WR. But just like the Eagles I'm going to ride Vick's hot hand until it cools off.

4>0rings
09-24-2010, 05:13 PM
Jesus Christ some of you guys have some really shitty teams. I have better guys on my bench from the wire than some of the crap your'e starting.

I'd go with Flacco for sure, I'd go with Hightower and Barder as well, and if you think starting Choice is a good idea then I really hope there is no one on the waiver wire with a pulse.I have/had 3 injured RB's, go to hell.

MannyIsGod
09-24-2010, 05:32 PM
I have/had 3 injured RB's, go to hell.

Who are your injured backs?

Drachen
09-24-2010, 05:58 PM
How big are these leagues? 15 teams? that choice is even on a roster is mindboggling. There HAS to be a better RB in free agency.

4>0rings
09-24-2010, 07:58 PM
Who are your injured backs?Bush, Bennie Wells, and some other I dropped when the draft started. I wasn't around, it auto picked for me. The owner didn't say when the draft was, then set a day 24 hours later... lame. I'am not doing to bad though, 4th in a 13th person league.

Blake
09-24-2010, 11:35 PM
Bush, Bennie Wells, and some other I dropped when the draft started. I wasn't around, it auto picked for me. The owner didn't say when the draft was, then set a day 24 hours later... lame. I'am not doing to bad though, 4th in a 13th person league.

tell me this is a money league.

MavDynasty
09-25-2010, 12:06 AM
Sons fuck i have Shonn Greene. fuck him

MavDynasty
lol at autopick choosing fitz

MavDynasty
in the 2nd round

MannyIsGod
09-25-2010, 12:29 AM
Bush, Bennie Wells, and some other I dropped when the draft started. I wasn't around, it auto picked for me. The owner didn't say when the draft was, then set a day 24 hours later... lame. I'am not doing to bad though, 4th in a 13th person league.

I wish you were in my league

DeadlyDynasty
09-25-2010, 12:33 AM
Sons fuck i have Shonn Greene. fuck him

dont give up on him yet...seriously, he'll come around

DeadlyDynasty
09-25-2010, 12:47 AM
I'm 2-0 in my league so far, but I have a feeling the bottom is going to dropout fast, i'm weak at WR (very weak and RB (5 of 9 starters!).

My starting 9--AS OF FIGHT THIS SECOND:

QB: Carson Palmer (@Car)
RB: Matt Forte (GB)...he's rebounded nicely from last year, dangerous out of the backfield.
RB: Cinton Portis (@STL)
WR: Calvin Johnson (@MIN)
WR: Santana Moss (@STL)
WR: Kevin Walter (DAL)
TE: Antonio Gates (@SEA)
Defense/ST: Ravens (CLE)
K: Garrett Hartley (ATL)

Bench:

Joe Flacco
Jets D/ST
Cadillac Williams
Derek Anderson
Steve Slaton (garbage)
Devin HEster
Jeff Reed
Todd Hep
Davone Bess

not tthe best in the world i know...

Blake
09-25-2010, 12:56 AM
I'm 2-0 in my league so far, but I have a feeling the bottom is going to dropout fast, i'm weak at WR (very weak and RB (5 of 9 starters!).

My starting 9--AS OF FIGHT THIS SECOND:

QB: Carson Palmer (@Car)
RB: Matt Forte (GB)...he's rebounded nicely from last year, dangerous out of the backfield.
RB: Cinton Portis (@STL)
WR: Calvin Johnson (@MIN)
WR: Santana Moss (@STL)
WR: Kevin Walter (DAL)
TE: Antonio Gates (@SEA)
Defense/ST: Ravens (CLE)
K: Garrett Hartley (ATL)

Bench:

Joe Flacco
Jets D/ST
Cadillac Williams
Derek Anderson
Steve Slaton (garbage)
Devin HEster
Jeff Reed
Todd Hep
Davone Bess

not tthe best in the world i know...

you're weak at QB too

WRs not dominant, but are good enough. Especially since you have Gates at TE.

No good reason you should have Jets D and Ravens D. Trade one.

two cents.

DeadlyDynasty
09-25-2010, 01:00 AM
you're weak at QB too

No good reason you should have Jets D and Ravens D. Trade one.

two cents.

yeah qbs been rough so far but i like carson and joe to picj up the #'s...Anderson is wretched. I like keeping both D's due to the bye week and certain matchups...i never have to worry about those 2

4>0rings
09-25-2010, 01:57 AM
I wish you were in my leagueIf I was in a money league I would actually put some thought into it.

MavDynasty
09-25-2010, 01:03 PM
In my 3 leagues i'm 1-1, 1-1, and 2-0.

It sucks that in my two 1-1 leagues I have Shonn Greene. He needs to turn it around because he is not getting me anything and I dont have anyone behind him

Chucho
09-25-2010, 10:49 PM
Lol...Shon Greene, he's not coming around. He needs a Thomas Jones type bruiser for that to happen and LT ain't TJ.

I drafted Jon Stewart and DeAngelo Williams, both are sucking, but getting Hightower and McFadden off of waivers is helping keep afloat as Brandon Jacobs is stinking and will probably find his way to the waivers and maybe I can trade Stewart for a decent second qb as Anderson is flamong out worse than Kevin Kolb did for me.

I had what appeared to be a decent draft before the season started, getting steals in Witten (5th rd.) and Kolb (7th) but with the Cowboys line so awful and Witten having to block in week one and then the concussion stopping him and killing Kolb's season and my running backs wishy washy, I've been going to the wires for some decent fillers, finding Hightower, Anderson (for 1 week at least, hopefully he gets on track against Oakland) Brandon Pettigrew and dropping Indy's D (which of course, turned out awesome last week) for Eddie Royal and I'm 2-0 w/ decent pointage. Hopefully the league doesn't reject my pending Garcon-Santana Moss trade.