PDA

View Full Version : Melo approves trade to Nets

RsxPiimp
09-24-2010, 07:02 PM
According to the New York Daily News, a "reliable source" reports that Carmelo Anthony has approved a trade to the Nets.

Presumably this means that Anthony would agree to a long-term contract extension upon a trade to New Jersey.

A trade could be agreed upon as early as Saturday.

Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/69257/20100924/source_melo_approves_trade_to_nets/#ixzz10PcmFaQl

Years
09-24-2010, 07:04 PM
Biggest increase in wins ever.

The Batman
09-24-2010, 07:05 PM
LOL Knicks, miss out on Bosh LeBron Carmelo, and Paul next year, and end up with Amare CROFL

j.dizzle
09-24-2010, 07:08 PM
LOL noiiiice if true. The East is gonna be much more competitive next year then while the West keeps getting weaker & weaker by the day hahaha

The Batman
09-24-2010, 07:10 PM
Lol nets

Killakobe81
09-24-2010, 07:15 PM
I think knicks would be good and entertaining (though not title worthy) with Parker (if rumors are true) Amare, chandler and Galinari ...still need a big man but but that is a great offensive unit. Defensively, however Chandler is the only guy with a chance at holding his own. That would be a horrible defensive team much Like d'antoni's teams in Phoenix.

Koolaid_Man
09-24-2010, 07:43 PM
Melo is a fool...hopefully my guys won't get fat and bored in the West...

Ashy Larry
09-24-2010, 07:50 PM
so the Lakers only have to worry about the Thunder and Blazers? See in you the finals.

La La is fine. 'Melo may wear the pants in the family but that bitch sure picks the color.

picc84
09-24-2010, 07:51 PM
Melo's an idiot. Wait one year and you can run to NY to play with Amare and CP3* in D'Antoni ssol ecstacy. But because you lack the proper patience of an elite padawan, you join forces against the east powers with the mighty Jordan Farmar and Travis Outlaw.

This is what you get when you hang around Kenyon Martin and JR Smith too long.

usdane
09-24-2010, 07:52 PM
Major Props to that Russian owner if he pull this off.

Koolaid_Man
09-24-2010, 08:01 PM
so the Lakers only have to worry about the Thunder and Blazers? See in you the finals.

La La is fine. 'Melo may wear the pants in the family but that bitch sure picks the color.

she aight....but at least Melo will have the street cred he desires..He'll be more respected than Lebron and will get a chance to chase Kobe's ( move over MJ) legacy...even if he get's no where close...Melo ain't thinking about winning...I frankly don't know what the fuck he's thinking about....

Gold Tooth Carl
09-24-2010, 08:03 PM
she aight...

At least your aren't a lesbian, you white hoe you!

Koolaid_Man
09-24-2010, 08:10 PM
At least your aren't a lesbian, you white hoe you!

I see that you have that I'm a bitch in your sig..

Take notes I'm a professional like Kobe...and Kobe is either a Bitch or a Ho...which would you choose...

Koolaid's answer:

Kobe is a straight up Ho...Why?
Because a Bitch will fuck everyone in the room except you whereas a Ho will fuck everyone...and that's exactly what my man Kobe has been doing..fucking em all on that court...and I been fucking em all in this forum...and sometimes he doesn't even ask he just takes it... :lol you digg

Basketballgirl25
09-24-2010, 08:14 PM
Melo's an idiot. Wait one year and you can run to NY to play with Amare and CP3* in D'Antoni ssol ecstacy. But because you lack the proper patience of an elite padawan, you join forces against the east powers with the mighty Jordan Farmar and Travis Outlaw.

This is what you get when you hang around Kenyon Martin and JR Smith too long.

Why is Melo a idiot? Maybe he likes what he sees in Brook Lopez and wants to play with a good center

Gold Tooth Carl
09-24-2010, 08:15 PM
I see that you have that I'm a bitch in your sig..

Take notes I'm a professional like Kobe...and Kobe is either a Bitch or a Ho...which would you choose...

Koolaid's answer:

Kobe is a straight up Ho...Why?
Because a Bitch will fuck everyone in the room except you whereas a Ho will fuck everyone...and that's exactly what my man Kobe has been doing..fucking em all on that court...and I been fucking em all in this forum...and sometimes he doesn't even ask he just takes it... :lol you digg

Well just hold tight playa and you can fuck Kobe personally, I know it and you know it. You wanted to be a white girl, and you got your wish. Now you go and toss his salad and pay me back my money bitch!

Gold Tooth Carl
09-24-2010, 08:19 PM
Doesn't look like that sex change worked out too well Koolaid, but props, you are now white enough for Kobe

http://www.grimmemennesker.dk/data/media/1/cross_dresser.jpg

rjv
09-24-2010, 08:23 PM
be intesting to see who the nets give up to get him if this is true

Koolaid_Man
09-24-2010, 08:24 PM
Doesn't look like that sex change worked out too well Koolaid, but props, you are now white enough for Kobe

http://www.grimmemennesker.dk/data/media/1/cross_dresser.jpg

take it to the troll forum...:lol

rjv
09-24-2010, 08:26 PM
this is what i have seen;

The trade would break down like this: Anthony would go to New Jersey along with DJ Augustin (probably, that last part not finalized); No. 3 pick Derrick Favors, Andrei Kirilenko and the Nets first round pick (formerly Golden State's, top seven protected) and maybe more going to Denver; Charlotte getting point guard Devin Harris; while Boris Diaw would end up in Utah. Utah would do this because they would get $5 million under the luxury tax threshold with the salary savings.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/report-carmelo-anthony-approves-extension-with-nets-clearing-way-for-trade.php

Koolaid_Man
09-24-2010, 08:29 PM
Why is Melo a idiot? Maybe he likes what he sees in Brook Lopez and wants to play with a good center

You deserve Melo basketballgirl...you been a trooper through all of the Jersey shitty years...so I'm not gonna even hate...you rep your squad and you recognize what a bitch ass Lebron is...so good enough for me...

but that Negro still ain't gonna get it done in the east...Jersey won't even make the play-offs...he fucked his career so that LALA can pop off at the mouth as a radio jockey...

wait Farmar does have championship pedigree...:lmao

Sean Cagney
09-24-2010, 08:36 PM
lala > kim k

hell no!

Latarian Milton
09-24-2010, 08:37 PM
NJ is a big market that melo always covets. i think a move to NJ will do a world of good for both teams as well as melo himself.

Giuseppe
09-24-2010, 09:08 PM
Frankly, I'm amazed that Anthony would be willing to go there. It's Siberia/American style.

Latarian Milton
09-24-2010, 09:23 PM
Frankly, I'm amazed that Anthony would be willing to go there. It's Siberia/American style.

agreed tbh but the Siberian style ain't so bad as the italian style imo, Guiseppe.

Flux451
09-24-2010, 09:25 PM
Just looked at Nets roster. Looks like they will have an interesting season with or with out Melo. Might be a fun team to watch.

baseline bum
09-24-2010, 09:42 PM

He probably wants to go because they're moving to Brooklyn for the 2012 season. His endorsement money is going to shoot through the roof, and Denver is all downhill from here after they blew their chance in 2009.

Jt.ONE
09-24-2010, 09:50 PM
he's just trying to get closer to jay-z

truth.

Giuseppe
09-24-2010, 09:57 PM
agreed tbh but the Siberian style ain't so bad as the italian style imo, Guiseppe.

Keep it up and I'll start talkin' in Italian again. You want that?

lil_penny
09-24-2010, 10:01 PM
Keep it up and I'll start talkin' in Italian again. You want that?

:lol

djohn2oo8
09-24-2010, 10:34 PM
Denver still hasn't signed off on deal and haven't shown other teams rush to do so. "They won't get a better deal," one involved exec says. less than 10 seconds ago (http://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/25454797336) via ÜberTwitter (http://www.ubertwitter.com/bb/download.php)

http://twitter.com/wojyahoonba

The Nets want DJ Augustin as part of package, but two sources in process say it won't be a deal-breaker to keep them from getting 'Melo. 26 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/25452893299) via ÜberTwitter (http://www.ubertwitter.com/bb/download.php)

sefant77
09-24-2010, 11:09 PM
NBA Draft 2003, finally the draft of supposed "superstars" run like little bitches to the next team or forcing their way out after failing with their own team.

Nice.

Killakobe81
09-24-2010, 11:21 PM
NBA Draft 2003, finally the draft of supposed "superstars" run like little bitches to the next team or forcing their way out after failing with their own team.

Nice.

You do have a point. Why not much grief for melo or bosh?why just Lebron? agreed he was considered the best, but those guys bitched out too ...

Years
09-25-2010, 05:51 AM
Looks Like the Utah front office wants more out of the trade and the Nuggets are searching for a better deal

Giuseppe
09-25-2010, 07:14 AM
They're reticent to part with Kirilenko. Sloan won't play/utilize him, but, he won't let another team do likewise.

lmao!

Giuseppe
09-25-2010, 07:26 AM
Yer new so I'll clue ya in, Purch. I go by two rules here-a-bouts:

Rule Number One: I'll choose the time, place and inquisitor when I decide to take an exam.

Rule Number Two: Obey all rules.

Years
09-25-2010, 07:32 AM
They're reticent to part with Kirilenko. Sloan won't play/utilize him, but, he won't let another team do likewise.

lmao!

Just curious did you watch the Jazz for most of last season when Ak was healthy?

Ak in the starting lineup last year:

13/4/3 on 54%

And secondly do you know how rare it is for Ak to actually be healthy?

It hasn't been anything new, When Ak is healthy we win. It's just how often does that actualy happen. We've seen many flashes of the old Ak and we could probally see more if he actually decided to work out in the offseason.

:ihit

Giuseppe
09-25-2010, 07:55 AM
Sloan has been screwing with Kirilenko since day one.

Only the $ has kept Kirilenko in check.

Years
09-25-2010, 08:01 AM
You mean the contract we payed for a prime Ak-47 who's never been the same? And has only shown flashes of being the same player during stretches of the season?

Lukor
09-25-2010, 08:05 AM
You mean the contract we payed for a prime Ak-47 who's never been the same? And has only shown flashes of being the same player during stretches of the season?

Healthy AK is still an allstar level player. Too bad he's never healthy.

Years
09-25-2010, 08:07 AM
Healthy AK is still an allstar level player. Too bad he's never healthy.

Yea. Hopefully the FO is rethinking this trade like it said on twitter because this years Jazz team is loaded with potential to be a really great team.

Giuseppe
09-25-2010, 08:13 AM
^A course. Sloan doesn't want to end up with Kirilenko goin' elsewhere and provin' him the asshole he is. He won't play him and glean the goodness. Uh, uh. And he won't let anyone else either.

Years
09-25-2010, 08:16 AM
^A course. Sloan doesn't want to end up with Kirilenko goin' elsewhere and provin' him the asshole he is. He won't play him and glean the goodness. Uh, uh. And he won't let anyone else either.

He's played when he's healthy.

Get over it.

Lukor
09-25-2010, 08:17 AM
Yea. Hopefully the FO is rethinking this trade like it said on twitter because this years Jazz team is loaded with potential to be a really great team.

As far as i understand this would be a cost cutting move for the Jazz. So its not about talent.

Giuseppe
09-25-2010, 08:18 AM
My ass.

Years
09-25-2010, 08:29 AM
As far as i understand this would be a cost cutting move for the Jazz. So its not about talent.
Considering the direction the Jazz went this offseason it really wouldn't make sense unless they actually expect something from Diaw.

Giuseppe
09-25-2010, 08:31 AM
lol! Sloan will have fresh brow to beat with Diaw.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-25-2010, 08:33 AM
You do have a point. Why not much grief for melo or bosh?why just Lebron? agreed he was considered the best, but those guys bitched out too ...

Melo because he wants to be the man wherever he goes he just doesn't have faith in Denver (which makes sense since the best thing they've done for him is trade for an old Chauncey Billups), Bosh because he's too shitty to ever be the man on a team and would have had to have been someone's bag boy to be on a championship team. Lebron gets special criticism because he is undoubtedly good enough to be the undisputed best player on a title team, but he chose not to be.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-25-2010, 08:38 AM
Considering the direction the Jazz went this offseason it really wouldn't make sense unless they actually expect something from Diaw.

Now is the best time to trade for Diaw, Utah's AK-47 for Diaw swap in this is gonna end up being a very under the radar savvy move.

Diaw has two years left on his deal, meaning this year he'll be motivated to play for an extension/he always plays well his first season on a new team, and the next season he'll be motivated with a contract year. The expiring contract on an injury prone player is a small price to pay for two motivated seasons outa Diaw. The only problem for Utah is they're going to need A LOT out of Hayward as a rookie.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-25-2010, 08:40 AM
Healthy AK is still an allstar level player.

2004 forum

Years
09-25-2010, 08:42 AM
I'm not even gonna lie when I say I know nothing about Diaw, In the least.
Except that he played well in the games I saw of France.

Thompson
09-25-2010, 08:45 AM

The trade I saw had the Nets giving away Favors, Devin Harris and two first-round picks (theirs and the Warriors). That seems like a bit much for Anthony (who will play point for them if they trade Harris?).

Giuseppe
09-25-2010, 08:50 AM
(who will play point for them if they trade Harris?).

It'll be like James in Cleveland:::Anthony will play all five positions cuz he'll always have the ball.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-25-2010, 08:55 AM
I'm not even gonna lie when I say I know nothing about Diaw, In the least.
Except that he played well in the games I saw of France.

His #1 problem is motivation but he has all the talent in the world. In 2006 his first season on the Suns he played extremely well and was motivated to show Atlanta how much they fucked up trading him, he filled in amazingly for Amare and was the reason why Phoenix got to the WCF. He was the one player in the NBA other than Jason Kidd and Lebron James to average 6+ rebounds and 6+ assists. After that though, he signed an extension, showed up to training camp outa shape and things just spiraled downhill.

The concern Utah should have is him co-existing with Al Jefferson. He and Amare were horrible playing together and the combo of him and Al has potential to be worse since Amare at least had a midrange J to stretch the D. If Diaw can be productive in a 6th man role as the point forward when Utah's 2nd unit is in, then it's a great fit. Diaw will be motivated to play well because he always is after a trade.

8FOR!3
09-25-2010, 10:25 AM
It's a playoff team if the trade happens.

DJ Augustin
Anthony Morrow
Carmelo Anthony
Troy Murphy
Brook Lopez

Basketballgirl25
09-25-2010, 12:46 PM
The trade I saw had the Nets giving away Favors, Devin Harris and two first-round picks (theirs and the Warriors). That seems like a bit much for Anthony (who will play point for them if they trade Harris?).

I think it's a bit much for Anthony as well, but I can't complain, if they trade for him cool if he doesn't come of well not the end of the world

Basketballgirl25
09-25-2010, 12:47 PM
It'll be like James in Cleveland:::Anthony will play all five positions cuz he'll always have the ball.

except James didn't have any good centers, Anthony would:toast

Basketballgirl25
09-25-2010, 12:50 PM

Nice.

you are right about that:toast

Killakobe81
09-25-2010, 12:50 PM
I think a good trade. They giving up a lot but those picks maybe in the 20's if NJ is good. Plus Harris has hit his cieling and who knows about Favors? Melo is a proven star, collegiate champion and with the right coaching and support I think he could do damge in the east. No one can guard him 1 on 1 when his jumper is on he is even more of a scorer than Kobe or Durant.

duncan228
09-25-2010, 08:44 PM
Kobe advises ‘Melo to carefully weigh decision (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=mc-bryantanthony092510)
By Marc J. Spears

As Carmelo Anthony has debated his future with the Denver Nuggets, he’s sought advice from a player who was in a similar position three years ago.

Kobe Bryant demanded a trade in the summer of 2007 before the Los Angeles Lakers appeased him by trading for Pau Gasol midway through the season. Anthony has pushed the Nuggets for a trade this summer, and the team is weighing sending him to the New Jersey Nets. The Nets first want assurances Anthony will sign a contract extension with them before they do the deal.

Bryant’s advice to ‘Melo?

Don’t leave just to leave.

“We’ll see if he signs a reasonable extension and if he’s 100 percent happy that it’s where he wants to go,” Bryant told Yahoo! Sports Saturday. “If not, don’t make a move just to get out of the situation. …Make sure it’s a move that you’re very happy in and you’re comfortable with.”

Bryant said he talked with Anthony “a couple days ago” and understood how a move to the Nets would be appealing because of the team’s talented young center, Brook Lopez, and new Russian billionaire owner Mikhail Prokhorov. The Nets have rebuilt themselves after winning a league-low 12 games last season while the Nuggets lost in the first round of the playoffs one year after falling to Bryant’s Lakers in the Western Conference finals.

“I’m closer to him than anyone else from my Olympic team,” Bryant said. “My advice is to do what he feels is right for him and his family. It starts there. He has to be happy with the situation that he is in because if your heart isn’t where it should be, it could have a half-ass effect. You don’t want that. You can’t please everybody. You just have to do what’s right for you.”

Years
09-25-2010, 08:48 PM
HOOPSWORLD: Sources in DEN say it's looking like a deal won't go down... Melo headed to Denver with plans to attend Media Day in Denver.

Years
09-25-2010, 08:48 PM
Steve Kyler: Sources speculated that Melo simply wants to be a Free Agent in 2011 and won't sign an extension with anyone... No Extension No Trade.

Read more: http://*********.com/twitter_media.html#ixzz10azaQ4hW