PDA

View Full Version : Would it be possible that selected to ASG every season in one career?

Rapper
09-24-2010, 11:29 PM
It seems to be impossible, if my mermory serves me there was no PF who could be selected to all star game from his first season to the end of his career including Karl Malone,if someone who could achieve it, that would be a great accomplishment of all time, In this case.To this issue,one guy seems to be very closed to this milestone.

http://www.news365.com.cn/wxpd/ty/lqgy/200809/W020080925354049535960.jpg

Most guys on spurstalk always emphasized that :"couldnt be making to ASG was not a big deal, what we need was championships",yep man, you're right, championships always is the most important thing for us to chase for,However, trying to think out of the box, a player can be selected to ASG every season in his career is an honor in some respects.

ChuckD
09-25-2010, 12:16 AM
The answer to your thread title is yes, unless you were a player during the '98 strike season. Even though they did resume with a shortened season, there was no ASG, so no player who was active during that season will ever be selected to the ASG every year of their career.

TDMVPDPOY
09-25-2010, 12:24 AM
ASG = MR.POPULARITY contest

no one gives a shit

will_spurs
09-25-2010, 02:03 AM
ASG = MR.POPULARITY contest

no one gives a shit

I don't think "no one" gives a shit: despite being mostly a popularity contest, very few players who had a big influence in their era weren't selected for at least one ASG.

On the other hand I'd tend to agree that the difference between a 3-time and a 5-time ASG player is probably popularity and nothing else.

Maybe more impressive as far as Duncan is concerned is his on-going string of All-NBA and All-Defense selections, I think he already holds the record in this regard.

poop
09-25-2010, 05:08 AM
The answer to your thread title is yes, unless you were a player during the '98 strike season. Even though they did resume with a shortened season, there was no ASG, so no player who was active during that season will ever be selected to the ASG every year of their career.

translation: im not a Spurs fan so i will try to discredit duncan any way i can no matter how lame.

haha if the Knicks had won in '99 you would be praising that team to high heaven and would conveniently forget about any trace of the 'lockout' :rolleyes

ChuckD
09-25-2010, 09:20 AM
translation: im not a Spurs fan so i will try to discredit duncan any way i can no matter how lame.

haha if the Knicks had won in '99 you would be praising that team to high heaven and would conveniently forget about any trace of the 'lockout' :rolleyes

Except that I didn't say that. BTW, it also applies to Shaq and Kobe, just to name a few.

Stop being so butthurt.