PDA

View Full Version : NBA: No complain rule to take effect

LeHeat_Dynasty
09-25-2010, 11:52 AM
At the referees' annual meeting in Jersey City, N.J., on Thursday, the league announced the guidelines for technical fouls will expand to include "overt" player reactions to referee calls.

Referees have been instructed to call a technical for:
• Players making aggressive gestures, such as air punches, anywhere on the court.
• Demonstrative disagreement, such as when a player incredulously raises his hands, or smacks his own arm to demonstrate how he was fouled.
• Running directly at an official to complain about a call.
• Excessive inquiries about a call, even in a civilized tone.
In addition, referees have been instructed to consider calling technicals on players who use body language to question or demonstrate displeasure, or say things like, "Come on!" They can also consider technicals for players who "take the long path to the official", walking across the court to make their case.

:lol:lol:lol
Starting this season, the NBA is taking it back to the halcyon days of 05-06, giving referees the power to assess technical fouls for even the smallest complaints.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Don-t-even-think-about-complaining-in-the-NBA-th?urn=nba-272139

Leetonidas
09-25-2010, 11:55 AM
Honestly this will probably cut down on A LOT of complaining and have the game flow more smoothly but still I think this is giving the refs way too much power over the game. Let them fucking play basketball, shit.

8FOR!3
09-25-2010, 12:26 PM
Just an excuse to get Duncan out of the game imo.

Jacob1983
09-26-2010, 02:12 AM
No way this works. Stern will cave on this one. I will tell you why. If all of those new rules are enforced, there will be no players left on the court during games because of so many ejections. Fans want to see superstars and all stars in the NBA. If those superstars and all stars get too many technical fouls then they will be suspended. People are not going to go to games to see spares play. If Kevin Durant, Kobe, and Lebron are suspended all the time, no one will go to the games. Ticket sales will drop dramatically hurting the value of teams and the NBA. Shitty idea by Stern but not surprising.

Latarian Milton
09-26-2010, 05:21 AM
No way this works. Stern will cave on this one. I will tell you why. If all of those new rules are enforced, there will be no players left on the court during games because of so many ejections. Fans want to see superstars and all stars in the NBA. If those superstars and all stars get too many technical fouls then they will be suspended. People are not going to go to games to see spares play. If Kevin Durant, Kobe, and Lebron are suspended all the time, no one will go to the games. Ticket sales will drop dramatically hurting the value of teams and the NBA. Shitty idea by Stern but not surprising.

I must tell you i feel more baffled after reading your post tbh.

Cry Havoc
09-26-2010, 09:34 AM
How about instead of punishing players for complaining about calls, the NBA hires a set of referees that calls a consistent game for both teams, instead of whistling ticky-tack on one end and letting football-esque contact go on the other?

Giuseppe
09-26-2010, 09:57 AM
...........then you wouldn't even have one in-a-row, Cry.

tee, hee.