PDA

View Full Version : Why is Avery trading away his beloved son?

monosylab1k
09-25-2010, 12:48 PM
He groomed Devin Harris Christ into the greatest point guard since Magic :cry, he said Devin was like a son to him :cry, he claims he never wanted to trade Devin away in the first place :cry, and now that they've reunited he's looking to dump him immediately?

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Basketballgirl25
09-25-2010, 12:54 PM
He groomed Devin Harris Christ into the greatest point guard since Magic :cry, he said Devin was like a son to him :cry, he claims he never wanted to trade Devin away in the first place :cry, and now that they've reunited he's looking to dump him immediately?

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

I actually asked myself the same question last night, I'm not saying Harris is great, because he isn't a superstar, but I think giving up both Harris and Favors for Melo is giving up too much

Technique
09-25-2010, 12:56 PM
It really is giving up too much. However, I think in terms of the future Melo will bring the spolight to the Nets and will attract both fans as well as other players to possibly build a future championship team.

Basketballgirl25
09-25-2010, 12:59 PM
It really is giving up too much. However, I think in terms of the future Melo will bring the spolight to the Nets and will attract both fans as well as other players to possibly build a future championship team.

I agree with this although, I go back and forth of not wanting to trade for Melo and wanting him, something better happen by Monday or I'll go crazy lol

BlackSwordsMan
09-25-2010, 01:02 PM
avery is a coach again?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-25-2010, 01:42 PM
No, it isn't giving up too much. When you can get a top 10 stud, you do whatever the fuck you can to do so.

sefant77
09-25-2010, 01:43 PM
Because he is overrated and an injury prone

Venti Quattro
09-25-2010, 01:44 PM
avery is a coach again?

Prokhorov was stupid enough to hire him. so yeah.

Trill Clinton
09-25-2010, 02:13 PM
No, it isn't giving up too much. When you can get a top 10 stud, you do whatever the fuck you can to do so.

Pretty much

Basketballgirl25
09-25-2010, 02:17 PM
Prokhorov was stupid enough to hire him. so yeah.

Well Avery is good for the Nets, maybe it will get them to play defense because since 2006 they haven't, so he might not be a bad coach if he gets them doing that:toast

Zelophehad
09-25-2010, 02:20 PM

Anthony's just an elite scorer really imo. All of his advanced statistics are underwhelming, and he's not really a standout defender or shooter. He doesn't really make his teammates better directly and by this I mean he doesn't create easy shots for them except off the second pass when he's doubled. He really needs another player to get his teammates easy shots. He's only averaged like 3 apg.

Durant has similar problems but he has Westbrook to cover his weaknesses and is a lights out shooter and as of last year an above average defender.

Zelophehad
09-25-2010, 02:21 PM
Also, Prokhorov proved he was worthless to me when he hired Billy King.

Steve Kerr
09-25-2010, 02:22 PM
Durant is no better of a defender than Melo.

Trill Clinton
09-25-2010, 02:26 PM
Anthony's just an elite scorer really imo. All of his advanced statistics are underwhelming, and he's not really a standout defender or shooter. He doesn't really make his teammates better directly and by this I mean he doesn't create easy shots for them except off the second pass when he's doubled. He really needs another player to get his teammates easy shots. He's only averaged like 3 apg.

Durant has similar problems but he has Westbrook to cover his weaknesses and is a lights out shooter and as of last year an above average defender.

Elite scorer>>>>unproven rookie and injury prone point guard.

If you don't think Melo is a standout shooter you must not watch many of his games. Dude can score ANYWHERE on the court. It may not seem like he doesnt make his team better but he does. The Nuggets without Melo are basically the Clippers.

Zelophehad
09-25-2010, 02:32 PM
Durant is no better of a defender than Melo.

Last year Durant was pretty good on defense from what I saw. Also, statistically (+/-, defensive win shares, defensive rating etc) he took a massive leap forward, and was generally above average numbers wise plus his overall effort really seemed to improve. He was dog shit the year before but he showed potential to be a really good defensive player last year I thought.

Steve Kerr
09-25-2010, 02:35 PM
Last year Durant was pretty good on defense from what I saw. Also, statistically (+/-, defensive win shares, defensive rating etc) he took a massive leap forward, and was generally above average numbers wise plus his overall effort really seemed to improve. He was dog shit the year before but he showed potential to be a really good defensive player last year I thought.
Defensive rating and defensive win shares are a horrible gauge for how you judge a player's individual defensive skills.

Zelophehad
09-25-2010, 02:47 PM
Elite scorer>>>>unproven rookie and injury prone point guard.

If you don't think Melo is a standout shooter you must not watch many of his games. Dude can score ANYWHERE on the court.

Anthony's three point percentage is 30.8% so he can't really shoot from beyond the three point line consistently.

It may not seem like he doesnt make his team better but he does. The Nuggets without Melo are basically the Clippers.

He definitely makes his team better, he's an all-star. I just don't think he makes his teammates better by creating easy shots for them, or making opponents pay when they double him with any kind of stand out passing ability. Like Durant he needs to play with a passer who can get his shitty teammates easy buckets.

He's an All-Star and I don't mean to bag on him, I know no one is comparing him to Wade or Kobe but I just think he's more like Dominique Wilkens in terms of impact than a Clyde Drexler. Besides where is that NJ team going if they get him?

Defensive rating and defensive win shares are a horrible gauge for how you judge a player's individual defensive skills.

To be honest, they are pretty shitty as a final word but as a tool when used in conjunction with other stats they are helpful. Like when you see someone has an abnormally high or low number of win shares you investigate to see why and such. Just like you wouldn't judge a player's defense based solely on blocks or steals I wouldn't use either of those stats as a final stat. I know defensive rating's flaws and the fact that win shares was just created by a guy at stats reference to mimic Bill James stuff but they have some validity in my experience.

Steve Kerr
09-25-2010, 02:51 PM
Anthony's three point percentage is 30.8% so he can't really shoot from beyond the three point line consistently.
lol using his career 3pt% ignoring the fact his shooting has gotten way better since his 4th season.

Zelophehad
09-25-2010, 02:52 PM
lol using his career 3pt% ignoring the fact his shooting has gotten way better since his 4th season.

It was 31.6% last year.

Steve Kerr
09-25-2010, 03:03 PM
:lmao what was it the two years before that?

Zelophehad
09-25-2010, 03:16 PM
:lmao what was it the two years before that?

37.1 which is good but nothing awesome to brag about and 35.4 which is average to slightly above average for a perimeter starter. About 33 to 34% the last three years. Still nothing exceptional.

Steve Kerr
09-25-2010, 03:18 PM
It's nothing exceptional but it needs to be guarded. That number would go up if he didn't play for a retarded coach who let his team take whatever shots they want.

Ghazi
09-25-2010, 05:27 PM
Cmon... Melo a top 5 player?

Melo a top 10 player? cmon yall.

Steve Kerr
09-25-2010, 05:38 PM

lol Lebron to big D

Basketballgirl25
09-25-2010, 05:41 PM
Your fucking team won 2 games last year. Be happy you getting a top five player that will take you to the playoffs.

we won 2 games? I don't think you did that well in math because 12 is not 2:lol

Basketballgirl25
09-25-2010, 05:44 PM

I'd say Melo is top 10 player maybe not even that. That's why I think with Harris in the deal it is a little too much, but now I hear deal might not happen because Denver looking at Cleveland and Indiana to deal with now:lol

Years
09-25-2010, 05:47 PM
Melo's easily a top 10 player.

monosylab1k
09-25-2010, 10:19 PM
Say what you will about Melo, but Avery Johnson made it very clear:

Devin is like his firstborn son :cry he groomed him to be the GOAT but Mark Cuban fucked all that up :cry he prophesied the reunion of the two and how he'd never let his son out of his sight ever again :cry and now he's trading his ass away before 1 game :lmao

Latarian Milton
09-25-2010, 10:38 PM
Say what you will about Melo, but Avery Johnson made it very clear:

Devin is like his firstborn son :cry he groomed him to be the GOAT but Mark Cuban fucked all that up :cry he prophesied the reunion of the two and how he'd never let his son out of his sight ever again :cry and now he's trading his ass away before 1 game :lmao

NBA is a business with great complexity which is naturally beyond a picklebreath's power to understand. the little nig traded him a couple years ago for a 35yr old dotard, if i remember correct, of course he'll trade him again this time when he can get a top5 player in prime version.

Basketballgirl25
09-26-2010, 03:51 PM
doesn't look like the trade will happen, his son Devin will stay all will end well

DPG21920
09-26-2010, 03:54 PM
NBA is a business with great complexity which is naturally beyond a picklebreath's power to understand. the little nig traded him a couple years ago for a 35yr old dotard, if i remember correct, of course he'll trade him again this time when he can get a top5 player in prime version.

The fact you put sauce on fried chicken shows the foreign nature of your advice which cannot for a moment be held in the highest of regards.

TimDunkem
09-26-2010, 04:55 PM
Who the fuck puts sauce on fried chicken? :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-26-2010, 05:05 PM
I think Latarian was confusing fried chicken with chicken strips.

DPG21920
09-26-2010, 05:38 PM
Much like the former mouth that used to spew misinformation, this new mouth known as the 9 year old has fallen far from glory.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-26-2010, 05:41 PM
give him a break he's only 9 years old tbh
Agreed, he just wants to do hoodrat stuff with his friends.

TimDunkem
09-26-2010, 06:21 PM
I think Latarian was confusing fried chicken with chicken strips.
I don't think so tbh. He's just a fat kid.