PDA

View Full Version : USCe @ Auburn

symple19
09-25-2010, 06:51 PM
Will the Tigers come out flat and play like shit? Will Lattimore go off?

Can Newton become more efficient? Will Auburn be able to run against the tough Carolina D?

Both teams really need this game, should be fun

symple19
09-25-2010, 06:53 PM
I continue to think the team that passes better will win.

symple19
09-25-2010, 07:01 PM
Newton is a beast when he runs the ball, if he can figure out the passing game, watch out!
Not real fair that a guy that size can make moves like that, I think that Gamecock LB broke an ankle

symple19
09-25-2010, 07:09 PM
Well, Cocks respond. Nice throw by Garcia. Aub secondary looked bad on that drive.

symple19
09-25-2010, 07:14 PM
way to fumble, Fannin... Good job

Cant_Be_Faded
09-25-2010, 08:07 PM
Too many good games going on right now.

I want to watch some more Cam Newton but can't see too much at all other than the score.

How has he been?

DesignatedT
09-25-2010, 09:45 PM
good game so far. Cocks choking in the 4th.

symple19
09-25-2010, 10:34 PM
Cam was ridiculous, here's the line

16/21 158yds 7.5avg 2tds

25car 176yds 7.0avg 3tds

Michael Dyer, the true freshman RB, also rushed for 100 yards. He definitely outdueled Lattimore

symple19
09-25-2010, 10:35 PM
This was an extremely satisfying victory. Auburn looked like a complete team tonight. Couldn't be happier

War Cam Eagle!!!!!!!!!!

symple19
09-25-2010, 10:37 PM
Defense also got some huge turnovers tonight that changed the course of the game

Cant_Be_Faded
09-25-2010, 10:39 PM
Damn. Cammy looks like an un-polished version of sophomore Vince Young.

Robert Griffin IV is the closest, but Cam is a close second to VY clone.

Terrell Pryor will always be a joke, will win heisman and be a stinky pussy like Leinart in doing it.

But I think guys like RG4 and Cam are easily ahead of Pryor as far as true dual threats go.

Stump
09-25-2010, 10:40 PM
Just got back from that game. It was a good one.

Cant_Be_Faded
09-25-2010, 10:48 PM

kickass dude

post some pics or something

symple19
09-26-2010, 11:35 AM

Sweet! I'm going to the Aub/UK game here in Lexington on Oct 9th. Will be my first Auburn game since 2000. Can't wait

Crowd was raucous as always last night. There's no doubt it helps Auburn tremendously. Always a great atmosphere, I miss it so much

Everyone that sees Cam play in person talks about what a freak he is. What were your impressions after seeing him, Stump?

Stump
09-26-2010, 03:23 PM
No pictures, sorry. I've gone to several games the past few years (I'm a student), so I didn't see the need to bring a camera.

The student section has gone completely nuts the last two weeks against Clemson and South Carolina. I didn't make it to any good games last year, so I guess I'm still used to the frustrated attitude we all had in that demoralizing season a couple years back. You can tell Chizik has done a lot to re-energize the program.

After a couple of years with the completely immobile Chris Todd at quarterback, watching Cam Newton take whatever he wants on the run and knock defenders around has been a blast. The crazy thing is that if you watch him run, he never seems like he's trying that hard. His decision making, however, is still a little iffy. He's thrown into triple coverage a few times and has passed up wide open receivers 30 yards down the yield to instead try to make the hard play.

Although I've heard plenty about Newton being a good guy and not self absorbed, you can tell he's soaking up being the hero if an invigorated program. A few minutes after the game ended last night, he climbed into the student section, grabbed a guy's Trooper towel, and waved it wildly over his head. We naturally all went nuts.

The last three games have all been very tight, but the team has responded against adversity and pulled it out of the fire. It's still tough the measure just how talented this team is and how far they can go, but there's no doubt these guys have lots of heart. It's amazing to think how much things have changed in two years.