PDA

View Full Version : If you live in SoCal and became a Lakers fan after 1985, you're a bandwagoner.

midnightpulp
09-25-2010, 08:50 PM
This was a point brought up by Mono some time ago, and it's a great one.

If you consciously became a Lakers fan after 1985, you're a bandwagoner. Simple as that. 1985 is the key year because that's when the Clippers relocated from San Diego to Los Angeles, so no longer can a post-1985 Lakers fan bail themselves out with the geographical proximity card. You chose the Lakers as your "hometown team" because they had championships to boast.

And don't give me any of that bullshit that you became a fan because you remember the good times when you sat there with your pops and watched Magic announce to the world that he was a faggot. I grew up in a family of Celtics fans and couldn't care less about them.

The logic is irrefutable. After 1985, there were two Los Angeles teams to chose from, and if you, provided you weren't already a Lakers fan, chose the more successful one, you are a bandwagoner.

Years
09-25-2010, 08:52 PM
What about people born after 1985?

redzero
09-25-2010, 09:01 PM
Isn't Mono a Patriots and Mavericks fan? How the fuck does that happen?

Venti Quattro
09-25-2010, 09:04 PM
What about people born after 1985?

You suffer the same unlucky fate of being a bandwagon fan even if you've been in LA all your life IF you support the Lakers. You only become a real fan if you support the Clippers and Donald Sterling. :cry

kamikazi_player
09-25-2010, 09:19 PM
Not a great source, Mono's an idiot

midnightpulp
09-25-2010, 09:19 PM
You suffer the same unlucky fate of being a bandwagon fan even if you've been in LA all your life IF you support the Lakers. You only become a real fan if you support the Clippers and Donald Sterling. :cry

It is what it is.

If you were born after 1985 and make the decision to support the Lakers over the Clippers, you're a bandwagoner. There's no other way to define it, really.

Venti Quattro
09-25-2010, 09:25 PM
So you're a bandwagon fan too? Because you have Elden Campbell and Sedale Threatt? And they were players after 1985?

midnightpulp
09-25-2010, 09:30 PM
Isn't Mono a Patriots and Mavericks fan? How the fuck does that happen?

Probably the same way I'm a Raiders and Spurs fan.

Mono grew up in a family of Lakers fans, and seeing first hand the kind of douchebags Laker fans can be, probably engendered in him a life long hatred of the Purple and Piss. Most likely, since Laker fans are natural bandwagoners, his family were probably Cowboy fans, which turned him off from being a fan in a similar way.

I grew up in SoCal, surrounded by asshole Lakers fans, and vowed to myself to never become a fan of that circus and be associated with their idiot fanbase, which is the worst in sports.

midnightpulp
09-25-2010, 09:31 PM
So you're a bandwagon fan too? Because you have Elden Campbell and Sedale Threatt? And they were players after 1985?

I'm not a Lakers fan.

redzero
09-25-2010, 09:43 PM

Mono grew up in a family of Lakers fans, and seeing first hand the kind of douchebags Laker fans can be, probably engendered in him a life long hatred of the Purple and Piss. Most likely, since Laker fans are natural bandwagoners, his family were probably Cowboy fans, which turned him off from being a fan in a similar way.

I grew up in SoCal, surrounded by asshole Lakers fans, and vowed to myself to never become a fan of that circus and be associated with their idiot fanbase, which is the worst in sports.

Well, Lakers fans can be terrible, but I don't know about not being a fan solely because of idiots in the fanbase.

Venti Quattro
09-25-2010, 09:46 PM
If you have childhood or family issues, please don't take it out on Lakers fans.

Giuseppe
09-25-2010, 09:57 PM
I knew the moment Bryant shoveled it to Artest & Ron finished it we was gonna have us a fine time here-a-bouts.

tee, hee.

midnightpulp
09-25-2010, 09:57 PM
It must suck for you.:lol

Why?

I could've just as easy been a fan like yourself, bought by the hype and advertising, becoming yet another minion of the Purple N Piss army, but I always saw you faggots as followers and bandwagoners, so I chose a different route.

And lol at you: USC and UCLA fan.

Giuseppe
09-25-2010, 09:59 PM
- "Nobody closes us out. Nobody."

- Luva - 13 down, 2nd half, Game 7, waitin' on The Princess

Venti Quattro
09-25-2010, 10:00 PM
lol USC

midnightpulp
09-25-2010, 10:01 PM
I knew the moment Bryant shoveled it to Artest & Ron finished it we was gonna have us a fine time here-a-bouts.

tee, hee.

Lol at a Cleveland born, Arizona residing Lakers fan.

But, in your defense, if you became a Lakers fan during the time when the Celtics were keeping them balloons afloat in the rafters and West was getting down on his knees for Big Bill, then I salute you.

The Los Angeles Lakers were a titleless organization then.

midnightpulp
09-25-2010, 10:04 PM
I'm a full time homer.

Lakers
Raiders
Dodgers
Trojans
Bruins
Kings

I'm with you on those 3 franchises. Don't really like hockey, hate UCLA, and you know how I feel about the Lakers.

Why aren't you in the football forum talking up the Raiders, though?

Giuseppe
09-25-2010, 10:04 PM
Lol at a Cleveland born, Arizona residing Lakers fan.

But, in your defense, if you became a Lakers fan during the time when the Celtics were keeping them balloons afloat in the rafters and West was getting down on his knees for Big Bill, then I salute you.

The Los Angeles Lakers were a titleless organization then.

- "I'm still 6'10", 240."

- Mitch Kupchak - knee shackled/in tears - June.9.1985 - Boston, Massachusetts

midnightpulp
09-25-2010, 10:06 PM
- "I'm still 6'10", 240."

- Mitch Kupchak - knee shackled/in tears - June.9.1985 - Boston, Massachusetts

So that's when you became a fan? 1985?

Giuseppe
09-25-2010, 10:07 PM
So that's when you became a fan? 1985?

No, 1969, when Van Breda Koff & Wilt had their pissin' match.

badfish22
09-25-2010, 10:11 PM

And you chose the Spurs because....

Giuseppe
09-25-2010, 10:13 PM
....he enjoyed David Robinson in pink panties.

monosylab1k
09-25-2010, 10:16 PM
I'm a blind sheep that roots for teams solely based on the peer pressure of family and neighborhood :cry

midnightpulp
09-25-2010, 10:16 PM
No, 1969, when Van Breda Koff & Wilt had their pissin' match.

I can't hate on that. Lakers were kind of joke in the 60s, smelling nothing but skunk for an entire decade.

And I understand why Lakers fans who grew up in the 70s like Luva are having so much fun now. At that time, his beloved Lakers had 2 puny titles, which looked ridiculous compared to the Celtics' mighty 13. All the things he wished he could've said to the world in the 80s when the Lakers went on their first meaningful run, can now find an audience with the Internet.

The Lakaluva we all know and love didn't just happen overnight. He might not admit it, but there's a lot of pain behind his frontrunning and bravado.

monosylab1k
09-25-2010, 10:17 PM
It is what it is.

If you were born after 1985 and make the decision to support the Lakers over the Clippers, you're a bandwagoner. There's no other way to define it, really.

:tu

badfish22
09-25-2010, 10:19 PM
lol at family "peer pressure"

monosylab1k
09-25-2010, 10:20 PM
lol at family "peer pressure"

lol at "my daddeh wrapped me in a Cowboys blanket when I was born, so I'll always love mah Cowboys!"

midnightpulp
09-25-2010, 10:21 PM
And you chose the Spurs because....

1990. I was 10 years old and collecting sports cards was my main hobby. At that time, David Robinson was the hot rookie and I just gravitated towards him.

And the 90s (outside 99) sucked if you were a Spurs fan. Sure they were playoff caliber, but got beat down constantly in the playoffs, mostly because Robinson would fail to duplicate his outstanding regular season form in the playoffs.

I can't count how many times the Spurs were the favorites and choked.

redzero
09-25-2010, 10:21 PM
That's what you think, mono? :lol

The name of the place a team plays for is there for a reason. New York Yankees, Dallas Cowboys, Los Angeles Lakers.

The stadiums/arenas/parks are built in particular places for a reason.

I don't need any bullshit reasoning to root for the home team.

Quit Hatin'
09-25-2010, 10:25 PM
Bandwagon Fan urban dictionary definition:

1. Someone who became a fan of the Boston Redsox after the 2004 world series.

"Look at all the bandwagon fans, there the reason why tickets are becoming so fuckin expensive"

2. Anyone who claims they are a "fan" of a particular sports team, even though they had no prior support for/interest in the team until that team started winning. These types of fans only show playoff interest, have probably never watched a regular season game, don't own any type of team merchandise, nor would they buy any.
"Everyone in Cleveland became a bandwagon fan only after LeBron James got drafted and they made the playoffs."

3. Switches support to whatever team/game/allegiance/belief happens to be successful at the time

"Celtics fans at the middle of the 07-08 NBA season"

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bandwagon%20fan

Sorry but your definition of a bandwagon does not match any of these.

Quit Hatin'

badfish22
09-25-2010, 10:26 PM
lol at "my daddeh wrapped me in a Cowboys blanket when I was born, so I'll always love mah Cowboys!"

that was 90210 that said that tbh.

Still, choosing to root for the best team in the league was a great fucking original choice.

monosylab1k
09-25-2010, 10:26 PM
My daddeh put me in a Saints flotation device when I was a babeh to keep me alive during the hurricanes, so I'll always be a Saints fan.

monosylab1k
09-25-2010, 10:27 PM
:cry don't make fun of my daddeh and his Cowboys blanket!

midnightpulp
09-25-2010, 10:28 PM
That's what you think, mono? :lol

The name of the place a team plays for is there for a reason. New York Yankees, Dallas Cowboys, Los Angeles Lakers.

The stadiums/arenas/parks are built in particular places for a reason.

I don't need any bullshit reasoning to root for the home team.

But see, in Lakerfags case there's another home team in the same city, who now even plays in the same building.

So what other reason is there for a post-1985 Lakers fan to choose the Lakers over the Clippers other than they can boast about the Lakers championship pedigree?

So Cal sports fan: "Hmmm? I can't choose the Clippers, because if I did, I can't talk shit to other fans and feel superior!"

redzero
09-25-2010, 10:29 PM
:lol

His argument is so weak.

A person from the hometown roots for the home team? Outrageous.

And I wasn't in New Orleans during the Hurricane.

badfish22
09-25-2010, 10:29 PM
tbh you shouldn't have became a Mav fan. Thats just being a blind sheep. You could have become a Lakerfan!

:cry great fucking originality

badfish22
09-25-2010, 10:30 PM

His argument is so weak.

A person from the hometown roots for the home team? Outrageous.

And I wasn't in New Orleans during the Hurricane.

bandwagoning just doesn't exist when mono does it. Its just called being original.

monosylab1k
09-25-2010, 10:30 PM
Everybody around me roots for the Saints, I wanna root for them too!

If everybody around you jumped off a cliff would you do that too?

monosylab1k
09-25-2010, 10:31 PM
I still have my daddeh's Cowboy blanket :cry

redzero
09-25-2010, 10:31 PM
But see, in Lakerfags case there's another home team in the same city, who now even plays in the same building.

So what other reason is there for a post-1985 Lakers fan to choose the Lakers over the Clippers other than they can boast about the Lakers championship pedigree?

So Cal sports fan: "Hmmm? I can't choose the Clippers, because if I did, I can't talk shit to other fans and feel superior!"

So what would be the reason to root for the Clippers in this situation? Because they are horrible?

badfish22
09-25-2010, 10:32 PM
If everybody around you jumped off a cliff would you do that too?

:lmao mono with the goods!

http://pickandpop.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/superdome.jpg

look at all those blind sheep! :lmao:lmao

redzero
09-25-2010, 10:33 PM
bandwagoning just doesn't exist when mono does it. Its just called being original.

Yeah, it's funny to see him reaching, trying to complain about rooting for the home team.

Outside of when the Lakers or Celtics come to town, who fills up the majority of the arena? Fans of the home team.

Quit Hatin'
09-25-2010, 10:38 PM

If you consciously became a Lakers fan after 1985, you're a bandwagoner. Simple as that. 1985 is the key year because that's when the Clippers relocated from San Diego to Los Angeles, so no longer can a post-1985 Lakers fan bail themselves out with the geographical proximity card. You chose the Lakers as your "hometown team" because they had championships to boast.

And don't give me any of that bullshit that you became a fan because you remember the good times when you sat there with your pops and watched Magic announce to the world that he was a faggot. I grew up in a family of Celtics fans and couldn't care less about them.

The logic is irrefutable. After 1985, there were two Los Angeles teams to chose from, and if you, provided you weren't already a Lakers fan, chose the more successful one, you are a bandwagoner.

O ya San Diego is in Socal too, so for your logic to work, you gotta put more if's and but's, faggot.

Quit Hatin'

midnightpulp
09-25-2010, 10:38 PM
So what would be the reason to root for the Clippers in this situation? Because they are horrible?

Because they're the home town team. But pretty much every Lakers fan I know hates the Clippers.

Right there, you just admitted that more goes into rooting for a team than simply what city they are from.

As it applies in this situation, Laker fan can't use the home team cop-out as an argument to prove he's not a bandwagoner.

In your situation, it's different, because the Saints and Hornets are the only show in town.

But in Laker and Yankee fan cases, they are a bandwagoner if they choose the former over the Clippers and the later over the Mets.

midnightpulp
09-25-2010, 10:44 PM
Your logic is soooo twisted on this topic. About as twisted as a Los Angeles native that chooses to be a Clipper fan.

LA native: Fuck that, I'm not rooting for that fag ass Lakers, they always win, I'm pulling for the team that never wins. Goooo Clippers!!!

:rolleyes

Thank you.

You just illuminated the bandwagon mentality of Laker fan and SoCal sports fan in general.

Remember how LA became Angel town when the Angels won the World Series? The Dodgers were suddenly an afterthought and everyone in Southern California was suddenly an Angels fan.

You can bet your ass that if the unthinkable happened and the Clippers had a championship run, you'd see Kobe jerseys being traded in for Eric Gordon jerseys on a city wide level. That's how fickle and fair-weather 90% of you guys are.

midnightpulp
09-25-2010, 10:46 PM
O ya San Diego is in Socal too, so for your logic to work, you gotta put more if's and but's, faggot.

Quit Hatin'

Lol.

Post-1985 Lakers fan feeling guilty because he's a bandwagoning fuckstick.

Quit Hatin'
09-25-2010, 10:47 PM
tbh the great city of Los Angeles really only got one nba team, the Lakers. In LA, there are people who like the Lakers and the minority of people who don't(clipper fans). They arn't really clipper fans, but they are laker haters. so in a sense they are more of a bandwagon than the lakers same with the rest of yall. theres the lakers then theres everyone else.

Quit Hatin'

Venti Quattro
09-25-2010, 10:49 PM
lol fuck you i would never trade the Lakers even if the clippers win a ring or two or three or i don't care how many

NRHector
09-25-2010, 10:49 PM
Thank you.

You just illuminated the bandwagon mentality of Laker fan and SoCal sports fan in general.

Remember how LA became Angel town when the Angels won the World Series? The Dodgers were suddenly an afterthought and everyone in Southern California was suddenly an Angels fan.

You can bet your ass that if the unthinkable happened and the Clippers had a championship run, you'd see Kobe jerseys being traded in for Eric Gordon jerseys on a city wide level. That's how fickle and fair-weather 90% of you Lakers fan are.
Fify

midnightpulp
09-25-2010, 10:51 PM
Ok, you little cock sucker. Why do you hate the Bruins but root for the Trojans? Why do you like the Dodgers and not the Angels?

Um, UCLA is a rival of USC.

And I don't care for the Angels. I've always liked National league style of play over American league.

Quit Hatin'
09-25-2010, 10:57 PM
tbh Midnight is a laker hater bandwagoner, he prolly wasn't hating on the lakers in 05 to 07 or the 90's.

Quit Hatin'

BadOdor
09-25-2010, 10:59 PM
Tbh midnight, if you are from New York and root for the spurs, you're a bandwagoner, right?

Also, if you're from Argentina and root for the spurs, you're a bandwagoner, right?

Giuseppe
09-25-2010, 11:00 PM
tbh Midnight is a laker hater bandwagoner, he prolly wasn't hating on the lakers in 05 to 07 or the 90's.

Quit Hatin'

& he musta been feeling like shaved pussy in '08. The roof has caved in thereafter. tee, hee.

midnightpulp
09-25-2010, 11:01 PM
Not so fast. Why did you knowingly choose the teams with the winning history of the teams with the losing history? Are you a bandwagoner?

UCLA is just as successful in basketball as USC is in football. So a swing and a miss there.

Angels vs. Dodgers. I told you, National League and American League has always been a rivalry within itself, and I never liked the American League style of play as much as its National League counterpart.

And I've personally seen the same amount titles won by the Dodgers as Angels fans have seen their team win.

midnightpulp
09-25-2010, 11:02 PM

Quit Hatin'

Wanna bet?

midnightpulp
09-25-2010, 11:06 PM
Tbh midnight, if you are from New York and root for the spurs, you're a bandwagoner, right?

If you came on board after '99, yes.

Also, if you're from Argentina and root for the spurs, you're a bandwagoner, right?

Can't speak for them. The comparison isn't really valid, because they followed Manu to the Spurs, and would most likely be a fan because of their national ties to him rather than the Spurs championship successes. Although, Manu winning championships is an attractive incentive.

midnightpulp
09-25-2010, 11:08 PM
Oh, and why are so many fat beaners and cholos Lakers fans?

BadOdor
09-25-2010, 11:12 PM
Oh, and why are so many fat beaners and cholos Lakers fans?

For the same reason so many fat beaners are spur fans tbh.

midnightpulp
09-25-2010, 11:18 PM
For the same reason so many fat beaners are spur fans tbh.

True. But Laker fan fat beaner population > than Spur fan fat beaner population.

You got fat beaners all the way from the depths of Mexico itself to the borders of Canada sporting Kobe Bryant knockoff jerseys, while the fat beaner Spurs fans are pretty much located in the San Antonio area.

Quit Hatin'
09-25-2010, 11:20 PM
Wanna bet?

Proof to me you were hating on the Lakers in the 1993-1994 season when they went 33-49.

Quit Hatin'

midnightpulp
09-25-2010, 11:24 PM
Proof to me you were hating on the Lakers in the 1993-1994 season when they went 33-49.

Quit Hatin'

Quit Hatin'
09-25-2010, 11:39 PM
as i said this dude's a bandwagon laker hater. he only hates on the good laker teams and doesn't care when they have bad seasons.

Quit Hatin'

midnightpulp
09-25-2010, 11:44 PM
as i said this dude's a bandwagon laker hater. he only hates on the good laker teams and doesn't care when they have bad seasons.

Quit Hatin'

I love it when the Lakers have bad seasons.

But I usually won't troll their fans when that happens, because that's a bitch frontrunning move.

And also, you guys are never around to troll during that time anyway. There were like 3 Lakers fans here back then, now you morons fester on here like maggots on rotting meat.

Quit Hatin'
09-25-2010, 11:48 PM
tell me this though, are you more of a laker hater or a spurs fan. just checking.

Quit Hatin'

midnightpulp
09-25-2010, 11:59 PM
The dude already said he grew up in a household full of Lakerfans and he hated the way they talked shit to non-Laker fans, so he decided to become a Laker hater. Every Laker fan has a friend or family member that acts this way. He just cant stand the winning tradition.

Wrong. Grew up in a family of Celtics fans.

Don't hate the Celtics, though.

Lakers just have too many faggots in their fanbase for my taste, which is no doubt why you and Kool celebrate your fandom daily.

midnightpulp
09-26-2010, 12:03 AM
Look at you squirming. You like UCLA basketball because they have a winning tradition, just as you like the Trojans football team for the same reason. There are a number of colleges you could have went with. Loyola, Pepperdine, LB State, so on and so on. But, you chose the teams that already had winning teams. That makes you a band wagoner. You are what you hate the most.

I don't like UCLA basketball, though.

Quit Hatin'
09-26-2010, 12:03 AM
lol at this guy talking about bandwagons. ask your daddy when he became a celtic fan faggot.

Quit Hatin'

midnightpulp
09-26-2010, 12:07 AM
lol at this guy talking about bandwagons. ask your daddy when he became a celtic fan faggot.

Quit Hatin'

We're not talking about my dad. Anyhow, Celtics won their first ship in 57, my dad became a fan when they acquired Bob Cousy before then.

Swing and a miss, post-1985 bandwagoning Lakers fan.

midnightpulp
09-26-2010, 12:16 AM
Then that's it. You basically was raised in a house of Laker haters. Once we buried those Celtic Faggots in 87, you were forced to find a new team. Carry on, son.

Nope.

Didn't like the Celtics, either. But I don't hate them. Mainly because their fanbase isn't as repellent as yours.

midnightpulp
09-26-2010, 12:24 AM
The Spurs had great player before Robinson. Gilmore, Ice, Stone Hands Robertson. You jumped on the wagon when you thought they had a great team.

So I'm supposed to know about the Spurs as a 5-6 year old living in Southern California?

And FWIW, Gervin led teams were more successful than Robinson led teams. Gervin made the Conference Finals three times, and was one game away from the Finals in 79.

Also, I really didn't get into basketball until about 90. Before that it was nothing but baseball, baseball, baseball.

Keep throwing grapefruits, Luva, and I'll keep knocking them out of the park.

Just admit that there's bandwagon element to sports fandom, which everyone, myself included, has been guilty of.

But in the world of NBA fandom, there's no bigger bandwagoners than post-1985 Lakers fans. I'll give 60s and 70s Lakers fans a pass, because the Clippers had yet to arrive and the Los Angeles Lakers weren't anything to write home about in those days, but otherwise, Laker fans are as bandwagon as they come.

Quit Hatin'
09-26-2010, 12:45 AM
I still dont get what you are trying to argue. First you say post 1985 "Socal" laker fans are all bandwagoners because the clippers were in san diego before, but they moved to LA. guess what retard LA and SD are both in "Socal".

So you are saying everyone from socal after 1985 has to be a clipper fan if anything else he is a bandwagoner?

you fall into the same category then, cause you said you were raised in socal and you became interested in basketball in 1990 and you weren't a clippers fan.

Quit Hatin'

midnightpulp
09-26-2010, 01:05 AM
I still dont get what you are trying to argue. First you say post 1985 "Socal" laker fans are all bandwagoners because the clippers were in san diego before, but they moved to LA. guess what retard LA and SD are both in "Socal".

So you are saying everyone from socal after 1985 has to be a clipper fan if anything else he is a bandwagoner?

you fall into the same category then, cause you said you were raised in socal and you became interested in basketball in 1990 and you weren't a clippers fan.

Quit Hatin'

Learn to read between the lines. I didn't specify Los Angeles, because it's too limiting and doesn't take into account all the Laker fans in Orange County, the Inland Empire, and so on. Okay, for the sake of the argument, let's restate it "All Socal Laker fans outside of San Diego County..." Feel better now?

As for myself, I admitted that all fans have been guilty of bandwagoning at one time or another, but you fairweather asshole Laker fans are the biggest offenders when it comes to NBA basketball.

Quit Hatin'
09-26-2010, 01:22 AM
there you have it midnight proves hes a bandwagoner. As for myself I been through it all from the kareem era to the sad campbell days, from magic to smush, and from kwame to gasol.

Quit Hatin'

midnightpulp
09-26-2010, 01:32 AM
there you have it midnight proves hes a bandwagoner.
Quit Hatin'

How does this prove that post-1985 Lakers fans aren't the biggest bandwagoners among NBA fans?

Quit deflectin'

Quit Hatin'
09-26-2010, 01:43 AM
sorry i don't argue with bandwagoners.

Quit Hatin'

midnightpulp
09-26-2010, 01:52 AM
sorry i don't argue with bandwagoners.

Quit Hatin'

Not a very clever way to wave the white flag.

Lol.

Lying about being a fan since Kareem so you won't look like a bandwagoner.

Judging by your stupidity and assaults against the English language, there's no way in hell you're older than 20.

YellowFever
09-26-2010, 02:07 AM

So why the hell are you a Raiders fan as opposed to a Rams fan?

Wait, they won the ship shortly after arriving here.....

Quit Hatin'
09-26-2010, 02:14 AM
nice way to look like an idiot and get owned in your own thread. you failed all your arguments in this thread and I proved you are a bandwagoner. And now you are just getting more and more butthurt. LOL.

Quit Hatin'

midnightpulp
09-26-2010, 02:16 AM
So why the hell are you a Raiders fan as opposed to a Rams fan?

Wait, they won the ship shortly after arriving here.....

This thread isn't about me.

It's about post-85 Lakers fans being bandwagoners, choosing the Lakers over the Clippers because the Lakers were the more successful franchise.

midnightpulp
09-26-2010, 02:22 AM
nice way to look like an idiot and get owned in your own thread. you failed all your arguments in this thread and I proved you are a bandwagoner. And now you are just getting more and more butthurt. LOL.

Quit Hatin'

You didn't prove anything. I already told Luva that all fans bandwagon to a certain degree. If you chose the USC football program (provided you didn't go there) over Cal State Fullerton's, you're a bandwagoner.

If you chose the Dodgers over the Angels, you're a bandwagoner.

But Lakers fans are the worst in this regard as it pertains to the NBA, because LA is the only city with TWO NBA franchises. Couple this with Laker fan's tendency to frontrun, and you have the biggest bandwagoning fanbase in sports.

Jesus Christ Laker fans are fuckin' stupid.

Yes or no? Are post-1985 Lakers fans bandwagoners or aren't they?

Quit Hatin'
09-26-2010, 02:29 AM
Actually you are the real idiot. so eveyone in LA post 1985 has to be clippers fan or else they are bandwagoners? they cant pick the lakers or else they are bandwagoners. seriously though where do these mindless ignorant idiots come from?

Quit Hatin'

Koolaid_Man
09-26-2010, 02:30 AM

Midnight LA too much for ya boy...:lmao

This is your life in a nutshell that's why you're named Midnight...:lol

IdfZnWsps34

midnightpulp
09-26-2010, 02:35 AM
. so eveyone in LA post 1985 has to be clippers fan or else they are bandwagoners? they cant pick the lakers or else they are bandwagoners.

Quit Hatin'

Yep.

(If you weren't a fan before then.)

midnightpulp
09-26-2010, 02:35 AM
now if only i were a white girl

Koolaid_Man
09-26-2010, 02:39 AM
BTW how does that carrot taste midnight? I see you reference it frequently:lol

Quit Hatin'
09-26-2010, 02:41 AM
Yep.

(If you weren't a fan before then.)

This further proves you are an idiot.

Quit Hatin'

midnightpulp
09-26-2010, 02:43 AM
BTW how does that carrot taste midnight? I see you reference it frequently:lol

After your admission of desiring transsexual and transracial surgery, all your words ring hollow. Your cred is shot on here.

And when Mavs>Spurs invades the Chuck E. Cheese you're having your birthday at and puts the beat down on you, that'll be all she wrote for Queen Kool.

YellowFever
09-26-2010, 02:46 AM
As a long time lurker and very infrequent poster on this board, I gotta say midnight, your trolling is getting weak.

You're better than this, man.

midnightpulp
09-26-2010, 02:48 AM
This further proves you are an idiot.

Quit Hatin'

Then demonstrate to me why a Los Angeles resident who was born in, say, 1990 and chooses the Lakers over the Clippers isn't a bandwagoner?

A bandwagoner by definition is aligning yourself with the more successful organization when there exists alternative choices.

And again, before you repeat yourself, all fans are guilty of this, it's almost impossible not to be, but post-1985 Lakers fans are the worst. They simply didn't want to cheer for the Clippers because that would take away the ring smack they so love to impose on opposing fans.

You guys are worthless as shit-talkers without it.

Koolaid_Man
09-26-2010, 02:50 AM
After your admission of desiring transsexual and transracial surgery, all your words ring hollow. Your cred is shot on here.

And when Mavs>Spurs invades the Chuck E. Cheese you're having your birthday at and puts the beat down on you, that'll be all she wrote for Queen Kool.

what is this...some Seasame Street type cred I should clamour for :lol

that Chuck E Cheese and ass whiping gone be good man...ohh yeah :lol

midnightpulp
09-26-2010, 02:52 AM
what is this...some Seasame Street type cred I should clamour for :lol

that Chuck E Cheese and ass whiping gone be good man...ohh yeah :lol

Oh? So you are having your birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese?

A grown man having his birthday party at an establishment where a giant rat will be present :lol

You doing it for Culburn, ain't ya? Get him near all those kids that'll be there.

Koolaid_Man
09-26-2010, 02:56 AM

A grown man having his birthday party at an establishment where a giant rat will be present :lol

You doing it for Culburn, ain't ya? Get him near all those kids that'll be there.

I know it's the only place Vulvaface can afford to attend...the nigga can't even afford a plane ticket to Vegas I will end up footing the bill for him and his 100 strong band of red faced Indians...

Giuseppe
09-26-2010, 02:57 AM

I smell skunk.

midnightpulp
09-26-2010, 02:59 AM
As a long time lurker and very infrequent poster on this board, I gotta say midnight, your trolling is getting weak.

You're better than this, man.

This isn't a troll thread. I would've hit and run if my intent was to troll. I'm trying to have a serious discussion about why a Los Angeles resident born around 1980 would consciously choose the Lakers over the Clippers.

Both are hometown teams, and the Lakers history as being LA's first NBA franchise should mean little to someone who wasn't alive to experience it.

So why else would they choose the Lakers?

Oh, right. They've won championships.

Fair enough, but that is the definition of a bandwagoner. Like it or not.

midnightpulp
09-26-2010, 03:00 AM
I smell skunk.

What kind of van are you renting for Kool's birthday?

midnightpulp
09-26-2010, 03:01 AM
I know it's the only place Vulvaface can afford to attend...the nigga can't even afford a plane ticket to Vegas I will end up footing the bill for him and his 100 strong band of red faced Indians...

Lol.

You're having your birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese.

Smooth Criminal
09-26-2010, 03:04 AM
It is what it is.

What if I was born after 1985 and became a fan because my father was a fan? (he was since well before '85 btw)

Quit Hatin'
09-26-2010, 03:06 AM
so by your logic when all the Lakers fans get old and die, all there should be left are clipper fans? This has got to be one the most retarded logic ever.

Quit Hatin'

Koolaid_Man
09-26-2010, 03:07 AM
Man I had a forgetful night. A few chics I know came over for some drinks...they planned to stay the night with me. One had too much champagne and stayed in the bathroom for hrs. She finally came out and asked me for a plastic bag..I guess she shitted herself...She left my crib threw up all in the driveway so fucking drunk...I couldn't let her drive and I didnt call a cab because I didn't want her leaving her car and then coming back for it. So she's sleeping it off in my guest room...this shit never happened to King Kool before...but playas like me always handle situations like a pro...

just dropping a lil game on you sophomores...

midnightpulp
09-26-2010, 03:08 AM
What if I was born after 1985 and became a fan because my father was a fan? (he was since well before '85 btw)

I addressed that in my opening statement:

"And don't give me any of that bullshit that you became a fan because you remember the good times when you sat there with your pops and watched Magic announce to the world that he was a faggot. I grew up in a family of Celtics fans and couldn't care less about them."

Hey, it's cool if you're a bandwagoner. Like I said, all of us are to some degree. But to bandwagon onto a franchise that achieved most of its success before you became conscious enough to be a true fan and then talk ring smack is fuckin' lame.

midnightpulp
09-26-2010, 03:12 AM
so by your logic when all the Lakers fans get old and die, all there should be left are clipper fans? This has got to be one the most retarded logic ever.

Quit Hatin'

Learn to read. I never made such a statement. You're extrapolating bullshit (due to your poor reading comprehension) that's not even implied.

But when the current Lakers fans die, those who replace them will be bandwagoners.

midnightpulp
09-26-2010, 03:14 AM
Man I had a forgetful night. A few chics I know came over for some drinks...they planned to stay the night with me. One had too much champagne and stayed in the bathroom for hrs. She finally came out and asked me for a plastic bag..I guess she shitted herself...She left my crib threw up all in the driveway so fucking drunk...I couldn't let her drive and I didnt call a cab because I didn't want her leaving her car and then coming back for it. So she's sleeping it off in my guest room...this shit never happened to King Kool before...but playas like me always handle situations like a pro...

just dropping a lil game on you sophomores...

Sounds like your roofie plan backfired on you.

Next time, you should consult Culburn on how to properly lace a drink. I'm sure he has quite a good deal of experience in that area.

midnightpulp
09-26-2010, 03:20 AM
inb4koolAIDS reply of:

gibberish, gibberish, homosexual reference

youtube video.

Koolaid_Man
09-26-2010, 03:24 AM
Sounds like your roofie plan backfired on you.

Next time, you should consult Culburn on how to properly lace a drink. I'm sure he has quite a good deal of experience in that area.

cully is the fucking man...he knows how to reel em in...put a little bait and tackle up "they" ass...:lol

I personally don't need drinks to get relaxed...I buy that shit mainly for the Ho's...I'm more of a health freak...I drink protein shakes and eat off the beatin path...sumthing you bacon and pancake eating freaks don't understand...:hat

midnightpulp
09-26-2010, 03:27 AM
I'm more of a freak...I often fantasize about becoming a white girl

True that.

Daddy_Of_All_Trolls
09-26-2010, 04:14 AM
This topic is fundamentally wrong.

A simple definition of Bandwagon fan, and there are many, could be well-described thusly:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bandwagon%20fan

Switches support to whatever team/game/allegiance/belief happens to be successful at the time.

Using that definition applied to this topic suggests a Los Angeles resident who chooses to support the Lakers must have had a previous allegiance to another team. Of course the exposure of the new fan to the Lakers will be many-fold higher than that of the Clippers, (kids at school see other kids wearing Laker gear, not Clippers stuff), thus the Lakers will be a normal and logical choice.

However, the whole argument falls apart when the Lakers fan post 1985 remains loyal to the Lakers. Even if his choice was a bandwagon choice, continued loyalty turns him into a true fan. Think of the person who moves from one part of the country to another. At first, he is a stranger. Over time he becomes integrated into the community, raises a family, puts his kids through the local schools, and so on. Eventually he is just as much of a "local" as anyone else in town. If the Lakers fans in your model continue to be fans, (through tough times as well), they soon cease to be bandwagon fans.

Giuseppe
09-26-2010, 06:45 AM

Kobe has more rings than the entire Spurs org.

ha, ha.

midnightpulp
09-26-2010, 06:57 AM
Kobe has more rings than the entire Spurs org.

ha, ha.

So what do you think Kool should've done differently to ensure that his date be rendered unconscious in order to be prime real estate for his poking 'n prodding?

The master needs to show the eager student the way here.

Giuseppe
09-26-2010, 07:01 AM
Just because Duncan didn't repeat doesn't mean much, Mid. The window is still open.

Keep hope alive.

And if Duncan ends up retiring without repeating he'll still be the goods. The stain for not repeating won't disturb that.

midnightpulp
09-26-2010, 07:06 AM
Just because Duncan didn't repeat doesn't mean much, Mid. The window is still open.

Keep hope alive.

And if Duncan ends up retiring without repeating he'll still be the goods. The stain for not repeating won't disturb that.

I know.

Giuseppe
09-26-2010, 07:07 AM
Just checkin' assholes.

Ace
09-26-2010, 10:04 AM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs083.ash2/37486_1153477612639_1698650312_286481_1568536_n.jp g

Guess you don't remember 06'...

IronMexican
09-26-2010, 10:06 AM
Riding mono's shtick.

Ace
09-26-2010, 10:08 AM

Quit Hatin'

I agree its almost as retarded as the gimmick "Quit Hatin'"

midnightpulp
09-26-2010, 10:14 AM
Riding mono's shtick.

I'm not about stealing someone's intellectual property, unlike certain beaners on this site.

Killakobe81
09-26-2010, 10:58 AM
Because they're the home town team. But pretty much every Lakers fan I know hates the Clippers.

Right there, you just admitted that more goes into rooting for a team than simply what city they are from.

As it applies in this situation, Laker fan can't use the home team cop-out as an argument to prove he's not a bandwagoner.

In your situation, it's different, because the Saints and Hornets are the only show in town.

But in Laker and Yankee fan cases, they are a bandwagoner if they choose the former over the Clippers and the later over the Mets.

I dont hate the Clippers I feel sorry for them. And if you in Socal why didnt you be a Clips fan instead of jumping on the spurs? Yes they may have choked then, but they were still better than the Clips ...so you a bandwaggoner too. And this year logic is bullshit. That would make most of teh younger spur fanbase badnwagon fans to me bandwagon only truly applies if you jump on during winning and jump off, when they lose. If you stay on regardless of when you are a true fan. I started as little tyke in 1980 but became hardcore after we got swept by Moses and Doc. By this dumb logic I could be a bandwagon fan, but I have stayed through Elden, Sedale, Ceballos, Mihm, smush, Chuck Atkins and Brown.

Giuseppe
09-26-2010, 11:01 AM
Ceballos

I remember that one year he broke both his wrists at the same time. I wondered then how the Hell he:

A. wiped his ass.

B. jacked his pudd.

ButtHurt Committee
09-26-2010, 12:45 PM
You didn't prove anything. I already told Luva that all fans bandwagon to a certain degree. If you chose the USC football program (provided you didn't go there) over Cal State Fullerton's, you're a bandwagoner.

If you chose the Dodgers over the Angels, you're a bandwagoner.

But Lakers fans are the worst in this regard as it pertains to the NBA, because LA is the only city with TWO NBA franchises. Couple this with Laker fan's tendency to frontrun, and you have the biggest bandwagoning fanbase in sports.

Jesus Christ Laker fans are fuckin' stupid.

Yes or no? Are post-1985 Lakers fans bandwagoners or aren't they?

Son, in a universe where things just don't make sense you'd be right, but as of right now, this very moment, you are coming off ass extremely ButtHurt. Come with me, son.

IronMexican
09-26-2010, 12:56 PM
I thought I was in the butthurt committee.

ButtHurt Committee
09-26-2010, 01:05 PM
I thought I was in the butthurt committee.

You should be, with that bad music taste of your's something must be hurting.:lol

j-money24
09-26-2010, 02:22 PM
so by your logic when all the lakers fans get old and die, all there should be left are clipper fans? This has got to be one the most retarded logic ever.

Quit hatin'

+1000

Ashy Larry
09-26-2010, 08:34 PM
Figuring I was a Lakers fan since 1977, I guess that makes me legit but my offsprings are bandwagoners ??? Really makes no since especially if they happen to follow the team their father watches and watches the games right along with me.

Giuseppe
09-26-2010, 08:36 PM
Mid has been on the rag since we rang up #16.

Punchy
02-07-2011, 07:05 PM
Good thread.

DMC
02-07-2011, 09:02 PM
It's a good thread with a flawed premise. At most there's a 50% chance you are a bandwagon fan if you meet that criteria, unless the OP is saying that everyone born later than 1985 should be a Clippers fan, in which case the point fails altogether.

I would say that, if you knew of both teams and decided to choose the Lakers solely because of their titles DURING A GOOD STRETCH then you are a bandwagon fan. The Lakers have had bad stretches since 85.

Human nature is to follow a leader. Few people have the strength or interest in following a team that's not going anywhere anytime soon. Those of us who have weathered the Spurs storm over the decades are just recently reaping our harvest. However the Lakers kids in here talking gangsta shit are bandwagon to the bone.

Killakobe81
02-07-2011, 11:26 PM
Dumb premise ... Mid is bitch-made. Thinks he is some kind of anti-hero for being a Laker hater in Los Angeles ...there is another word for that one, that describes Mid's self-loathing ways ... it's called being a "minority".

Venti Quattro
02-07-2011, 11:28 PM
Lol spurs fan in So Cal :lmao