View Full Version : The Eliminator III

SpursFanInAustin
05-20-2005, 09:52 AM
http://www.nba.com/media/act_robert_horry.jpg

Game 5 vs. Denver: 17 pts on 5-7 shooting, 3-4 from 3-pt, 5 rebounds

Game 6 at Seattle: 14 pts on 5-8 shooting, 2-5 from 3-pt, 5 rebs, 2 blks

SpursWoman
05-20-2005, 09:56 AM
You know, I don't care he sits his ass the entire season (which he most certainly did not), that man has ice in his veins come playoff time.

I {heart} Robert Horry. :)

SPARKY
05-20-2005, 10:10 AM
He came through with a clutch miss for the Spurs in 2003 and for his Lakers in 2004...

T Park
05-20-2005, 10:13 AM
Horry has stepped up big time these playoffs.

More than earning that minimum salary.

FromWayDowntown
05-20-2005, 11:39 AM
He was awful against LA last year, but so far, Robert Horry has paid off big-time for the Spurs in his second playoff go-round. The guy's playoff track record is undeniable. He's at 186 playoff games now -- he gets at least 4 more. If he only plays in 4 more games, he'll be tied with Magic Johnson for 5th all-time in playoff games. If he gets more than that, he's going to pass Karl Malone and Danny Ainge (tied at 193) to be in the top 3 all-time.

Talk about an "x factor."

MiNuS
05-20-2005, 11:44 AM
He was awful against LA last year, but so far, Robert Horry has paid off big-time for the Spurs in his second playoff go-round. The guy's playoff track record is undeniable. He's at 186 playoff games now -- he gets at least 4 more. If he only plays in 4 more games, he'll be tied with Magic Johnson for 5th all-time in playoff games. If he gets more than that, he's going to pass Karl Malone and Danny Ainge (tied at 193) to be in the top 3 all-time.

Talk about an "x factor."

He has finally learned and bought into Pop's master plan!

MadDog73
05-20-2005, 12:14 PM
he'll still be here next year, right?

Give him mo' money!

boutons
05-20-2005, 12:18 PM
Robert knows the Spurs cap situation. After a career in the NBA, he has plenty of $$$. His motivation for coming back would be bings, his standings in playoff stats He said the Spurs, coaches and players together, were probably the best he's ever been with, ie, playing just for the pleasure.

T Park
05-20-2005, 12:20 PM
im sure if he WANTS to be back, he WILL be back.

He hasnt lost much, hes still active, hes still pretty quick, his jumper hasnt lost much either.

Having him here next year to tutor a Scola would be awesome.

He could fill Massenburg's role quite well I think.

If he wants to be back, you bring him back.

If the Spurs win it all?? I doubt he does come back, I think if all goes right, this is his swan song.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-20-2005, 12:53 PM
I think a lot of the problem with Horry is that last year he played a lot during the regular season. He didn't play as much during the regular season.

As far as I'm concerned, sit him on the IL until April, then let him come back for the last 10-15 games to get acclimated to the lineup, then turn him loose for the post-season.