PDA

View Full Version : Melo Has Second Thoughts On Nets As Knicks Work To Make A Deal

Years
09-26-2010, 08:43 AM
Carmelo Anthony is continuing to push Denver to find a trade that will send him to the Knicks and has stepped back from a willingness to commit to the Nets. On Saturday, the Knicks were exploring ways to put together a package that might land Anthony.
Over the weekend, Anthony began having doubts about agreeing to a contract extension with the Nets. Yahoo! Sports reports that the four-team blockbuster that would send Anthony to New Jersey, which seemed to be gaining critical momentum on Friday night, is now at "a perilous crossroads."
Anthony’s desire to make a long-term commitment to the Nets started eroding when former Nets' players related their experiences with an empty arena, the apathy of fans, and the team playing in the shadow of the Knicks and Madison Square Garden. Anthony was already concerned about joining a team in New Jersey that would not be close to contention even with him on board.
"He’s having second thoughts on Jersey," a league source told Yahoo! Sports. "He’s pushed [Denver] to explore other options."
While the Nuggets still believe the deal with New Jersey gives them their best return, Denver engaged the Knicks on Saturday in discussions centered around Danilo Gallinari, Anthony Randolph and Toney Douglas, according to sources.
Sources indicated that the Knicks are working to pry draft picks to send the Nuggets in a deal for Anthony, and have contacted the Rockets for this purpose. Before last season's trade deadline, the Knicks sent their 2012 first-round pick to Houston, and agreed to swap picks with the Rockets in 2011, in a move to dump the contract of Jared Jeffries.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/69285/20100926/melo_has_second_thoughts_on_nets_as_knicks_work_to _make_a_deal/#ixzz10eeLkYGh

NASHville
09-26-2010, 08:59 AM
Head games.

Giuseppe
09-26-2010, 10:00 AM
As I said.

Basketballgirl25
09-26-2010, 03:50 PM
well he is kind of stupid if he wants to go to the Knicks, sure Knicks are more popular then Nets, but really to get him Knicks would have to give up all the good players they got, it would be him Amare and a bunch of not good players

Cane
09-26-2010, 04:25 PM
Not only are the Knicks a more popular franchise thats already in New York, they've got Mike D'Antonio there as opposed to Avery Johnson in New Jersey. Melo's boxscore would explode under Mike's fun run and gun system and teamed up with Amar'e should be a nightmare for other teams to defend against.

JamStone
09-26-2010, 04:34 PM
well he is kind of stupid if he wants to go to the Knicks, sure Knicks are more popular then Nets, but really to get him Knicks would have to give up all the good players they got, it would be him Amare and a bunch of not good players

In the Eastern Conference, Melo and Amare might be good enough for a top 4 seed. Last season, Dwyane Wade and a bag of dog shit got the Miami Heat the fifth seed in the East.

Ray Felton isn't a bum. So they'd have three competent starters and a bunch of role players like Kelenna Azubuike (who I think is pretty good for a bench player), Wilson Chandler if he's not traded (who is a decent role player), and Ronny Turiaf (who isn't any good but not a bad role player either).

The Nets would be giving up Favors and Harris, so they wouldn't have much better if better at all. After Lopez, it's Farmar, Morrow, Terrence Williams, Murphy. To me, neither is all that great of a supporting cast. The Knicks actually still have a fan base that shows up to games and they're the Knicks. Right in the heart of NYC. You say if he went to the Knicks, it would be "him, Amare, and a bunch of not good players." With the Nets, it would be Melo, Lopez, and a bunch of "not good players." Same, same.

lefty
09-26-2010, 04:35 PM
And TP will join them in 2011

Book it

rickross
09-26-2010, 05:14 PM
And TP will join them in 2011

Book it

more like cp3.

duncan228
09-26-2010, 06:05 PM
Sixers in talks for Carmelo Anthony, Western exec says (http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/Sixers_in_talks_for_Carmelo_Anthony_Western_exec_s ays.html)

The Sixers and Denver are talking about a potential trade that would bring Carmelo Anthony to Philadelphia and send Andre Iguodala to Denver, a Western Conference executive has confirmed to the Daily News.

The executive said Nuggets GM Masai Ujiri has spoken with Ed Stefanski.

Other players would need to be involved in the trade to match salaries.

The Sixers are not among the four teams that Anthony has said are his preferred destinations, with Chicago and New York at the top of his list.

The Sixers also would need to get Anthony to sign an extension. His contract expires after the season and he has not signed a 3-year extension offered by Denver.

Iguodala agreed to a 6-year, $80 million contract with the Sixers in August 2008.

Reports late last week had Anthony close to going to New Jersey in a complex four-team deal that also involved Utah and Charlotte. The New York Daily News is reporting that the Bobcats are holding up the deal, unwilling to include point guard D.J. Augustin. Charlotte was expecting Augustin would replace Raymond Felton, who left this offseason via free agency.

With that deal in peril, the Nuggets have explored other options.

Indications are that the Nuggets would like a deal done before they begin training camp tomorrow.

Mr.Bottomtooth
09-26-2010, 06:26 PM
I doubt Melo in Philly would work either.

Koolaid_Man
09-26-2010, 06:35 PM
Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/69285/20100926/melo_has_second_thoughts_on_nets_as_knicks_work_to _make_a_deal/#ixzz10eeLkYGh[/COLOR][/LEFT]

this is nothing but the power of Kobe at work :lol ya digg......Kobe told him to think twice about going to NJ and so he changed his mind...Look for LA to make a last minute play at Melo...:lol

Odom , Sasha's expiring + 1 of our 2 rookies...best deal on the market...:toast

Giuseppe
09-26-2010, 06:41 PM
Anthony would never agree to go to PA..

Koolaid_Man
09-26-2010, 07:14 PM
Anthony would never agree to go to PA..

He may not agree to come to LA either...after all his girl did go after Kobe years ago before he got married and it seems she's still jones'ing...:lol

LALA on Kobe's nuts after he just raped her man:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/Koolbreezey/lala-and-kobe.jpg

Kobe handles her hips with grace but it's clear she wanted him to feel that ass and those tic-o-bities

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/Koolbreezey/lala-and-kobe2.jpg

LALA offered it all to Kobe..and for this Melo will reject LA's offer...
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/Koolbreezey/lala-vasquez08sportsill.jpg

and since Melo will reject our offer...I will post another one of LALA's tits:
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/Koolbreezey/lala.jpg

narmerguy
09-26-2010, 08:00 PM
He may not agree to come to LA either...after all his girl did go after Kobe years ago before he got married and it seems she's still jones'ing...:lol

LALA on Kobe's nuts after he just raped her man:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/Koolbreezey/lala-and-kobe.jpg

Kobe handles her hips with grace but it's clear she wanted him to feel that ass and those tic-o-bities

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/Koolbreezey/lala-and-kobe2.jpg

LALA offered it all to Kobe..and for this Melo will reject LA's offer...
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/Koolbreezey/lala-vasquez08sportsill.jpg

and since Melo will reject our offer...I will post another one of LALA's tits:
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/Koolbreezey/lala.jpg

You have some kind of mental problem.

YoMamaIsCallin
09-26-2010, 08:11 PM
Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/69285/20100926/melo_has_second_thoughts_on_nets_as_knicks_work_to _make_a_deal/#ixzz10eeLkYGh[/COLOR][/LEFT]

What do you mean "Read More"??? You copy/pasted the entire article.

Chieflion
09-26-2010, 08:15 PM

Whenever you try to copy and paste an article from realgm, they will automatically have a preset link to lead you to the article.

Purch
09-26-2010, 08:16 PM
:depressed

Ashy Larry
09-26-2010, 08:22 PM
Denver has to look out what's best for themselves and dealing with the Nets and their prospects are much better than dealing with the Knix and that garbage heap.

Giuseppe
09-26-2010, 08:34 PM

But, look how pudgy that girl's beaver is.

I'm like giddy.

lefty
09-26-2010, 08:50 PM
Kobe and Melo like women who are ugly and really black

Koolaid_Man
09-26-2010, 08:55 PM

you right any guy that would post a pic of a nice set of racks is insane...

here ye here ye...:rollin

Koolaid_Man
09-26-2010, 08:58 PM

that's the one thing I miss bout my sistas...the Blacker the Cherry the Sweeter the Juice...you wouldn't know nothing bout that son...:lol

Giuseppe
09-26-2010, 09:11 PM

But, sometimes a woman can be so ugly, it's almost attractive.

duhoh
09-26-2010, 09:20 PM
But, sometimes a woman can be so ugly, it's almost attractive.

my brain exploded from that.

if he wants a ring, he needs to ring houston tbh. that's the closest. unless of course chicago packages people like taj gibson luol deng and some other benchwarmers.

redzero
09-26-2010, 09:23 PM
more like cp3.

Chris Paul's contract ends in 2011?

mountainballer
09-27-2010, 06:04 AM
In the Eastern Conference, Melo and Amare might be good enough for a top 4 seed. Last season, Dwyane Wade and a bag of dog shit got the Miami Heat the fifth seed in the East.

Ray Felton isn't a bum. So they'd have three competent starters and a bunch of role players like Kelenna Azubuike (who I think is pretty good for a bench player), Wilson Chandler if he's not traded (who is a decent role player), and Ronny Turiaf (who isn't any good but not a bad role player either).

The Nets would be giving up Favors and Harris, so they wouldn't have much better if better at all. After Lopez, it's Farmar, Morrow, Terrence Williams, Murphy. To me, neither is all that great of a supporting cast. The Knicks actually still have a fan base that shows up to games and they're the Knicks. Right in the heart of NYC. You say if he went to the Knicks, it would be "him, Amare, and a bunch of not good players." With the Nets, it would be Melo, Lopez, and a bunch of "not good players." Same, same.

I think the Nets would still be slightly better after the Melo trade than the Knicks would, but I agree that the difference isn't that significant.
(it could be, if Lopez makes another step and becomes a legit all star center)

thinking about the reported Knicks package (they would need to add Curry to make the numbers work IMO), it's not that bad for the Nuggets, even if they don't get an additional pick. (that pick would be a lottery protected pick anyhow, if the Nets trade lands them one) Randolph could turn into a star and Gallinari will be a pretty good player for many years. and Douglas might be better than many think. (George Hill might be an accurate comparison). he would equal the value of a non lottery 1st round pick.

Knicks will be thin, but the re building project doesn't see them as a contender in the 1st year anyhow.
btw. Bill Walker might surprise some people next season. he lost bulked down about 25 lbs, after that he should definitely be one of the quickest perimeter defender. with Azubuike and Chandler the wing looks pretty good, even after the trade. as mentioned, Felton isn't bad either. he will fit nice for the P&R with Amare and his defense is also quite good. the big hole will be inside defense, that's where the Knicks would need to find help via MLE or trade at the next off season.

Giuseppe
09-27-2010, 10:28 AM
It's like when Kobe was considering that Chicago trade=there'd a been nobody left to play with.

Mr.Bottomtooth
09-27-2010, 11:37 AM
Warriors willing to trade for Anthony without accepting extension?

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/69303/20100927/warriors_would_trade_for_melo_without_extension/

noob cake
09-27-2010, 12:15 PM
Warriors willing to trade for Anthony without accepting extension?

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/69303/20100927/warriors_would_trade_for_melo_without_extension/

Trading Stephen Curry for a Melo rental would be a monumental mistake. Curry is one of those few players in the league with the potential to become GOAT (along with Reke and Durant).

17.5 PPG
4.5 RPG
5.9 APG
44% FG
43% 3PTer
1.9 SPG

You DON'T trade away your rookie combo guard who can pass and shoot. That is the magical combination for a guard.

Giuseppe
09-27-2010, 12:18 PM
The Warriors ain't partin' with CurryPERIOD

DPG21920
09-27-2010, 12:59 PM
Lol, no way they part with Curry

Giuseppe
09-27-2010, 01:02 PM
^What, there's a f'in' echo in here, Deep?

duncan228
09-28-2010, 03:38 PM
Nuggets trying to shed K-Mart, Smith in Melo deal (http://ken-berger.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/11838893/24900717?source=rss_blogs_NBA)
Ken Berger

The Carmelo Anthony saga moved to the next phase Tuesday, with the Nets trying to provide more cap relief to the Nuggets by finding a new home for Kenyon Martin and J.R. Smith, CBSSports.com has learned.

It may be a futile effort to revive this excruciatingly slow-moving blockbuster, given mixed priorities within the Denver front office and some lingering doubts about whether Melo will be willing to give his thumbs-up on a trade to New Jersey.

“I think he’s thumbs-sideways on it,” said one source familiar with Anthony’s stance. “He’s not 100 percent sold on it.”

Martin, whose $16.5 million expiring contract would be a valuable asset at the trade deadline, and Smith, who has a $6.8 million expiring deal and controversy wherever he goes, could be the final pieces that compel the Nuggets to sign off on a divorce with Anthony. Denver would only have to take back $17.5 million under NBA trade rules for those two players, a savings of $5.8 million – twice that when you factor in luxury tax. The contract – or contracts – would have to be expiring because there would be no incentive for Denver to take on future salary.

Numerous scenarios have been explored that would allow the Nuggets to send out both Martin and Smith in the complicated deal – including the players going to New Jersey or to yet another team looking to take advantage of the four-team stalemate by dumping longer-term money. But despite a growing belief that the Nuggets finally are ready to acknowledge that a truce with Anthony is unattainable, sources say conflicting priorities among Denver decision-makers have frustrated every effort to sweeten the deal for them.

“Denver keeps moving the goal posts,” said one person connected to the talks. “They say, ‘We want this,’ and New Jersey says, ‘We got it.’ And then Denver says, ‘Wait a minute, we want this and this.’”

Around and around they go, several weeks after the basic framework of the deal was hatched by old friends Kevin O’Connor, Larry Brown and Billy King. Sources say those three did the legwork on the four-team trade involving New Jersey, Denver, Charlotte and Utah and brought it to the Nuggets as a potentially attractive way for them to part ways with their disgruntled superstar. O’Connor, the Jazz GM, is a former assistant coach under Brown at UCLA. Brown, the Bobcats’ coach, has known King, the Nets’ news president, since his college days at Duke – and the two worked together in Philadelphia.

Ironically, one person familiar with the negotiations said the deal probably would’ve been done by now if Charlotte hadn’t waived center Erick Dampier and his non-guaranteed $13 million contract – which would’ve been a home-run for Denver in an exchange for Martin. Including Dampier in the deal would’ve provided what source described as “ridiculous savings” for the Nuggets – about $33 million when factoring in the tax, making the deal “a no-brainer.”

In the absence of that asset, the Nuggets – led by newly hired GM Masai Ujiri, 30-year-old executive Josh Kroenke and adviser Bret Bearup – have insisted on trying to squeeze more out of the existing deal while also exploring offers from other teams. The other part of their protracted strategy – sitting down face-to-face with Anthony before media day Monday – may have backfired on them.

Ujiri, trying to take the high road in the Anthony matter, insisted on meeting with him in person before signing off on the deal – as any new GM would. Unfortunately for Ujiri, Anthony’s discontent with the direction of the organization pre-dates the new GM’s arrival – and also runs deeper than Ujiri was aware. One reason Ujiri declined to give any details of his face-to-face encounter with Anthony Monday, according to two people familiar with the exchange, was simply that there were no details. Anthony, not wanting to rehash old wounds with his new boss, politely declined to engage Ujiri in any substantive conversation about his future.

“He said, ‘I’m cool,’ and, ‘You’re going to have to talk to my reps about that,’” said one of the people familiar with the meeting. In addition, multiple reports indicated that Anthony did not participate in the promotional activities players typically perform on media day, and the Denver Post noted that his image was removed from a prominent ad on the Nuggets’ website – replaced by Ty Lawson.

As a result, one source maintained Tuesday that the Nuggets are “going to move him, like now, ASAP.” But after all the delays and frustration on all sides, that may be an optimistic take with several teams preferring to take a step back from the talks -- at least for now.

"The Nuggets are going to look at every single trade and they’re going to have to work with [Anthony]," another person familiar with the talks said. "And that’s really going to slow the whole process down.”

Further complicating matters, sources say Karl is not going to be as influential in trying to keep Anthony in Denver as first believed. With the departure of Karl’s biggest supporter, former GM Mark Warkentien, and his top assistant, Tim Grgurich, Karl is unsure where he stands in the organization as he returns from his heroic cancer fight with one year left on his contract. The result has been tension – or at least uneasiness – among Karl, his staff and the newly formed front office. Plus, while Karl knows that he has a 50-win playoff team with Anthony and a rebuilding team without him, sources say the 59-year-old coach is growing tired of the MeloDrama and isn’t relishing the strain that it could place on him and the team.

Basketballgirl25
09-28-2010, 03:49 PM
the trade isn't going to happen, Nets took it off the table at least for now that's why I heard

duncan228
09-28-2010, 04:58 PM
the trade isn't going to happen, Nets took it off the table at least for now that's why I heard

Four-team trade for Anthony officially dead (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ys-anthonynuggets092710)
By Adrian Wojnarowski

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ys-anthonynuggets092710