PDA

View Full Version : NFC West..

HarlemHeat37
09-26-2010, 06:37 PM
In all honesty, can a 6 win team win the NFC West this year?..or will it take 7 wins?..

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-26-2010, 06:40 PM
Cardinals on pace for 10-11 wins, tbh. Derek Anderson's veteran savvy will be the difference maker.

pawe
09-26-2010, 09:17 PM
Cardinals on pace for 10-11 wins, tbh. Max Hall's rested body and eagerness to learn will be the difference maker.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-26-2010, 09:25 PM
lol Max Hall

If he were from any of the other 49 states in the country, no one would hype that cuckold Mormon nearly as much as they do. He's the typical local kid people drool over for no reason other than the fact he's the local kid.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-26-2010, 09:28 PM
Btw :lmao if you took that Derek Anderson veteran savvy comment seriously.

pawe
09-26-2010, 09:52 PM
We both know what Anderson is capable so forgive me for LOLing back if you think that is what I think.
But you know man, I really have high hopes for Max Hall just because of his mobility (our Oline is shit). I just hope when Whiz puts him in, he can determine that not every pass should be a rocket to the chest pass.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-26-2010, 09:58 PM
IMO, the o-line is good when they use running and play action. When they abandon the run then Keith and Brown's lack of speed gets exposed when DE's can blow by them and not care about setting the edge. They need to utilize play action A LOT more than they did, Anderson ain't gonna pick defenses that drop 7 into coverage apart the way Warner could (obviously).

The young QB I like is Skelton just because of the physical tools he has. He ain't mobile but He can stand strong in the pocket and get the ball out quick. Chances are tho that neither one of those two is the longterm solution and they're gonna need to use an early pick in the near future.

pawe
09-26-2010, 10:05 PM
-Hall or Skelton is fine by me. If the cards FO is not set on DA as the QBOF, id like to see the 2 rookie QBs get some actual game time action in preperation for next year.
-Play action is where the team benefited from tonight.
-People said the cards lost this game...I think it was justice from the def pass interference called on DRC. But, a professional team motivated in winning should not put themselves into that kind of position in the first place.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-26-2010, 10:09 PM
The one thing I can't fuckin stand about Derek Anderson is how he loves to rifle a bullet pass to someone 5 yards away from him. I understand he just sucks at finnesse passes and there's nothing he can do about that, but it should be easy to take something off those 5 yard darts he likes to throw that makes check down guys have to adjust to the ball because it hits them at such a high velocity.

IronMexican
09-26-2010, 10:11 PM
The one thing I can't fuckin stand about Derek Anderson is how he loves to rifle a bullet pass to someone 5 yards away from him.

Mallet 1.0

dallasmavsnfuego214
09-26-2010, 10:15 PM
The NFC West is completely wide open. All 4 of those teams are extremely unpredictable highlighted by the fact that none of them can play well on the road.

Seattle looks good at home, but terrible in Denver.

49ers showed some promise in the loss vs the Saints but they're just not ready to take the next step.

Cardinals have salvaged 2 wins against bad teams, but haven't looked impressive while getting manhandled in Atlanta.

St Louis is still rebuilding but I can't say their much worse than the other 3 at this point.

mojorizen7
09-27-2010, 06:22 PM
Lets see...after 3 weeks we've seen the Cards escape St Louis,get pummeled by Atlanta and get flat-out lucky vs Oakland.Saw this mediocre team coming 100 miles away.
AZ 2-1

We've seen the Rams fail to take one from AZ,give one to Oakland, and beatdown Washington.
ST LOUIS 1-2

We've seen the Seahawks ambush San Francisco,get rolled by Denver, and beat San Diego(1-2).
SEATTLE 2-1

We've seen the 49ers get bludgeoned by the Seahawks,just come up short vs New Orleans, and get bent over by the 3-0 KC Chiefs.
SF 0-3

So...what do we know?
My take is that we now know what we already knew....this division sucks.

Now for my other take(s).....
The Cardinals 2 year run at winning anything important is so incredibly over,meanwhile there are legit starting QB's playing in new city's all over the NFL....well maybe not ALL over the NFL but certainly not in AZ, where somebody thought that replacing Warner w/nobody was a good idea.

Then we have Seattle,who can't win a road game.....or a home game against a credible opponent. To be honest,they've surprised me somewhat. I thought the whole Pete Carroll Escape from USC saga would be a trainwreck of mammoth proportions. Maybe i was dead wrong...Its still early so we'll see....but they're playing fairly well i guess?.?.?

"Knock knock...Hey Frisco?....hey wake up!....the season started 3 weeks ago.....Hello?....is there anybody in there?".....
Again i was way off here, thinking they were ready for prime time,ready to pounce on AZ and grab the division.I think its safe to say that as much as AZ's offense has gone into a shell,the 49ers offense & defense has shriveled up a bit under the pressure of being being "touted."

And last, but certainly not least we have my young St Louis Rams. A team that couldn't beat the dead off a horse for the last 3 years....
A team that did almost everything right against a then superior AZ Cardinals team(create turnovers,get to the QB,run the football,throw TD passes,excite a lethargic fanbase...) they did it all except find a way to win. 4pts....Damn. 0-1

Then we go to Oakland,into the Coliseum,and we kick them in the teeth for 2 qtrs..... Bruce Gradkowski? WTF? Cards fans are familiar with this guy now i'm sure : ) Anyway,lose by 2 points...Damn.Gotta find a way to win.
0-2

Hello Washington Redskins....would you like a first half beatdown?....Here ya go.....granted the Skins probably aren't a very good team(sort of like AZ,Seattle and San Francisco) but we punched 'em in the mouth to the tune of 30-16(without SJ in the 2nd half)....and we found a way to win a game.
1-2

This division belongs to NOBODY right now. Not you San Fran(you snooze you lose),not you Arizona(your defense ain't gonna carry you),not you Seattle(I still feel a trainwreck approaching)....and not to my beloved Rams either(gotta grow up)......BUT, I like our chances. I like them alot to be honest.

First team to 8 wins takes it.

GO RAMS Baby!

JMarkJohns
09-27-2010, 06:34 PM
This Cardinals team is an average QB away from being the best team in the division.

I was hope Orton could be had. Denver seems to be keeping him. I would inquire about Bulger as well. If either can be had for cheap, then sure, if not, then move on towards Hall or Skelton, the latter of whom has the ability and mentality. Even if he sucks, the Cards are in no worse a position presently, but could be in a better position for the future.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
09-27-2010, 06:44 PM
I know Beanie was coming off of the knee, but the fact Hightower gets as many touches as he does is fucking mind boggling.

The difference between the RBs was quite obvious yesterday.

Steve Kerr
09-27-2010, 06:51 PM
It's remarkable how critical people are of Derek Anderson because they were Leinart sack slurpers and they have no where else to direct their anger about their beloved faggot Matt Leinart being gone :cry.

It's truly sickening how Anderson is the player who actually tries his best and cares about winning, yet people hate him because he beat out the lazy cuckold who would rather play not to lose than to win.

And yeah Blowtower should only be in on 3rd downs and obvious passing downs, Beanie should get 75+% of the carries.

pawe
09-27-2010, 11:03 PM
Cards deserved the the last two NFC West banners. This year, the least sucking team will win the division.

Wells is pure power and Hightower is like Ali dancing around the back field to find a gap. Hightower is also dependable on flare plays since he catches well for a RB. They both have problems with ball security though. Stephens-Howling is the one saving grace for the Cards this year, he is Hester-like in returns.

Rams will be good because of their rookie QB but not this year and the injury to Jackson doesnt help either.
49ers is imploding with a 0-3 start and will probably win their first game against OAK in week 6. They also fired their OC..8th OC in 8 yrs I think.
Seahawks have a very good chance since they have their stadium to rely on. If they can win their 8 home games, they can take the division. Its called false start stadium for a reason.

chunticakes
09-27-2010, 11:42 PM
1. i hate tim hightower, i don't know why but i just do.

2. steven jackson has to step it up, he's on my fantasy team.

3. this division sucks, its a matter who sucks the least and its prolly gonna be the first team to 8 wins.

:wakeup

mojorizen7
09-28-2010, 03:26 AM
Steven Jackson's injury isn't as serious as first believed. He'd better play because our backups are scrubs at best(Ken Darby and Keith Toston)....yeah, WHO?

'Only a strain' for S-Jax: Rams running back Steven Jackson posted on Twitter that his groin injury is "only a strain." The Rams said Monday they'll take it easy with their star running back, calling him "day-to-day." Jackson had an MRI exam after getting hurt in the second quarter of Sunday's 30-16 win over the Redskins. Jackson was injured while getting gang-tackled after a carry. Coach Steve Spagnuolo said Jackson would be day to day and that he'd leave it up to the player and trainers whether he would try to bounce back and play this week at home against the Seahawks.
(Updated 09/27/2010)
Injury Report
Groin - Expected to be probable for Week 4 vs. Seattle
(Updated - 9/27/10)
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/492963/steven-jackson

Week 4 should create a clearer picture of where these 4 teams are at.
Seattle visits St Louis
AZ goes to San Diego(who lost to Seattle)
and San Fran travels to Atlanta(who pummeled AZ).

HarlemHeat37
10-03-2010, 06:35 PM
So it's starting to look like the rebuilding Rams really have a good chance to win this division :lol..

mojorizen7
10-03-2010, 09:45 PM
So it's starting to look like the rebuilding Rams really have a good chance to win this division :lol..

:toast
O3ZOKDmorj0

pawe
10-03-2010, 11:09 PM
Week 4 should create a clearer picture of where these 4 teams are at.
Seattle visits St Louis
AZ goes to San Diego(who lost to Seattle)
and San Fran travels to Atlanta(who pummeled AZ).

So? What's the picture now? god damn this division sucks :lol

symple19
10-04-2010, 11:44 AM
So? What's the picture now? god damn this division sucks :lol

yes it does...it sucks in an epic fashion

HarlemHeat37
12-19-2010, 07:37 PM
So, it doesn't look like a 6-win team will win, but a 7-win team has a very realistic shot at winning the division..pathetic..