PDA

View Full Version : NBA is Stupid...

SequSpur
09-26-2010, 09:09 PM
Really? Change the fucking rules? How about getting referees that aren't 100 years old...how about calling the fucking game the way its supposed to be called...

A travel is 3 steps or more, a carry is not something just the white player does, a foul is a fucking foul and if you touch the ballhandler enough to impede him or alter his shot...it's a fucking foul....

This should go for everyone, whether you're the star or the fuckin rookie...

I'm just saying....

I am quite sure that the bullshit call scale will go up a notch this year against your san antonio spurs...

also, if Carmelo opens his mouth, I would suspend his ass and fine him every fucking day.... dude should just play out this year and kick ass and then move on....

NBA sucks balls and it's getting worse...

Also, why did the Spurs resign Matt Bonner??? WHY?!!!!!

silverblk mystix
09-26-2010, 09:30 PM
Are you sober?

You actually made some sense there....kinda scary.

cherylsteele
09-26-2010, 10:01 PM
A travel is 3 steps or more.
It is??
I always thought it was 2 steps.

SequSpur
09-26-2010, 10:46 PM
It is??
I always thought it was 2 steps.

2 steps is legal...3 is not...I know that's hard for most of you to comprehend. :d

Brutalis
09-26-2010, 10:53 PM
Really? Change the fucking rules? How about getting referees that aren't 100 years old...how about calling the fucking game the way its supposed to be called...

A travel is 3 steps or more, a carry is not something just the white player does, a foul is a fucking foul and if you touch the ballhandler enough to impede him or alter his shot...it's a fucking foul....

This should go for everyone, whether you're the star or the fuckin rookie...

I'm just saying....

I am quite sure that the bullshit call scale will go up a notch this year against your san antonio spurs...

also, if Carmelo opens his mouth, I would suspend his ass and fine him every fucking day.... dude should just play out this year and kick ass and then move on....

NBA sucks balls and it's getting worse...

This is exactly why I don't post much anymore. I careless. This is how it is and it will never change. Big markets win, refs and hierarchy decide who wins.

I love the game and my team but it is what it is.

gospursgojas
09-27-2010, 12:31 AM

ALVAREZ6
09-27-2010, 12:57 AM
I agree. NBA fuckin blows as a league, that's why there's tons of american males in my age group that love basketball but only seriously follow college basketball. The way college ball is structured is more popular, it's mostly affected by how good the teams are and their consistency. Because as there's a lot less games per year per team in college ball and single game elimination play-offs, teams need to step up in the clutch, and often. And they don't have that David Stern, shitty ass referee, media, douche baggery influence on the league.

YoMamaIsCallin
09-27-2010, 11:15 AM
It's probably pointless to make an intelligent response but here goes...

Your view of the rules is simplistic. Don't forget why the NBA exists. It's to capture a share of your entertainment dollars. They try to put a product out there that will maximize their revenue. (By the way so does college ball.) If they find that the rules or refereeing is causing a problem, they'll change it. No one wants to see a game where the referees dominate by calling all the fouls or by being hardass on techs.

Bottom line: if you don't like the NBA, don't watch it. There are lots of alternatives. But it is what it is -- they want to attract the most fans they can.

YoMamaIsCallin
09-27-2010, 11:19 AM
I agree. NBA fuckin blows as a league, that's why there's tons of american males in my age group that love basketball but only seriously follow college basketball. The way college ball is structured is more popular, it's mostly affected by how good the teams are and their consistency. Because as there's a lot less games per year per team in college ball and single game elimination play-offs, teams need to step up in the clutch, and often. And they don't have that David Stern, shitty ass referee, media, douche baggery influence on the league.

Really? I would say college ball is structured to reward the coaches who can recruit the NBA-bound athletes who need to put a year into college because of the draft age limit. I would also say that the refs are even more influenced than in the NBA, because the top teams have coaches who can intimidate and affect their calls. I would agree with you that the NCAA tournament is more exciting than the NBA playoffs simply because of the one-and-done nature of it. You get to see upsets, especially in the early rounds.

YoMamaIsCallin
09-27-2010, 11:22 AM

Again braving a thoughtful response:

Because he's better, for the Spurs, than the alternatives, at the price.

ALVAREZ6
09-27-2010, 02:43 PM
Really? I would say college ball is structured to reward the coaches who can recruit the NBA-bound athletes who need to put a year into college because of the draft age limit. I would also say that the refs are even more influenced than in the NBA, because the top teams have coaches who can intimidate and affect their calls. I would agree with you that the NCAA tournament is more exciting than the NBA playoffs simply because of the one-and-done nature of it. You get to see upsets, especially in the early rounds.
I'm not necessarily agreeing with the view, but this is just a perception, a very real one, amongst people my age. They associate the NBA with petty calls and being allowed to take 3 steps after picking up your dribble. Again, I don't agree with it all, but it is what it is. In college ball, you foul out with 5 fouls, it's a shorter game (40 minutes, 2 halves), and the intensity usually remains high throughout the game (due to college students attending and not lame ass NBA crowds, filled with 50 year old women who know nothing and little kids, along with some business men and maybe a few die hard fans). And with that in parentheses, the nature of the season has to do with it as well, as in the NBA you have 82 games, compared 26 or so in college, which gives every game much higher importance.
And combining that last point with the fact that if you make the tournament/playoffs, you must win every game in order to succeed, which is a complete opposite of the drawn out NBA playoffs. With the college format, you must compete, you must be clutch, period. There's nothing guaranteed with talent, you need to show up to every game. I personally think both of the playoff systems are extremes for what I would have in an ideal league. The NBA playoff system is pretty damn ridiculous in the amount of time it takes from start to finish: Mid/Late April all the way 'til early June...it's about 6 weeks, and this is why a lot of people hate it, it takes way too long to determine a champ. I think 7 game series throughout every round is way too long. To be honest, I was so sick of the NBA playoffs by the time the finals rolled around last spring, the spurs had already been knocked out for weeks by the time it was concluded. Naturally, most people lose interest once their team is knocked out. College ball, not even close, tons of people are interested even if their teams don't make the cut to enter the tournament. And this is the reality of the NBA. The only people that watch the games in the playoffs, especially as you go deeper, are those teams fans (yes this is a generalization, but it's not too drastic considering the whole pop.). Basically all of my friends like basketball, but none of them, literally, none of them watch the NBA. I only do because I watch the Spurs. However, I can turn on almost any NCAA tournament game and be entertained.

So, going back to my ideal world, I think I would ideally have something like a 3-game series, so it gives your team chances to come back, but you also can recover from a complete fluke or no-show night from one of the big players that affects your team's success. Of course we would never expect the NBA to downgrade that drastically, but maybe having the first 3 rounds as 5-game series and the finals 7 games, would be a positive direction IMO.

AlleyOopNazi
09-27-2010, 05:39 PM
As long as there is a Stern....