PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Bynum Out... AGAIN... Until Late November

Dunc n Dave
09-26-2010, 10:27 PM
What a douche bag! The guy knew he needed surgery this off season and decided to wait until LATE July to get it, so it wouldn't "get in the way" of his vacation/safari time? As if he hasn't had enough "time off" every YEAR as it is with his GLASS body?:rolleyes

Just goes to show you he hasn't grown up yet. All that potential going to waste because he's lazy and selfish...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-lakersbegin

“I actually like the whole thing,” said center Andrew Bynum(notes), who revealed he’s unlikely to play until late November while recovering from offseason knee surgery. “I kind of like that a player has that kind of power. A couple of guys can get together and say they want to play together, even guys like that. I think it’s great for the game.”

Bynum has a problem: He had his injured knee drained twice during the playoffs and a third time after the season, but then postponed surgery so he could make a trip to Europe and South Africa, visiting Germany and Spain before attending the World Cup with Bryant and Gasol.

“It was amazing, because I never saw to much emotion going through people,” Bynum said.

Bynum wrapped up the trip with a four-day safari. Coach Phil Jackson praised the center for indulging in life experiences that aren’t always available to a 23-year-old who joined the workforce straight out of high school.

Bynum said he delayed the surgery until late July because everybody thought his recovery would last no more than eight weeks, but his surgeon changed plans and did a more thorough procedure that requires more down time. Bynum can’t put any undue stress on his leg for another four weeks.

Xevious
09-26-2010, 10:39 PM
Good news for the rest of the Western conference. If he's back by November, his next injury should be due by early spring. So he may be out for the playoffs.

Killakobe81
09-26-2010, 10:55 PM
Non isue ... LOL

Giuseppe
09-26-2010, 11:02 PM
He dragged it for almost year after they diagnosed the tear. Dragged it right on top of Perkins and made him sorry.

He had the extra 30 days comin'.

sefant77
09-26-2010, 11:15 PM

Giuseppe
09-26-2010, 11:16 PM

jejejeje!!!

Quit Hatin'
09-26-2010, 11:28 PM
Kid's spoiled, no doubt, the lakers are giving him to much love. ya he's a great player, but dude's gotta get his priorities right. Anyways whatever, time for odom to shine in november. A healthy bynum by the end of november and we'll be set by december.

Quit Hatin'

Giuseppe
09-26-2010, 11:29 PM
He played an entire season with a torn knee, Quit. What the fuck is the matter with you?

baseline bum
09-26-2010, 11:32 PM
Company time motherfuckers

TacoCabanaFajitas
09-26-2010, 11:32 PM
Cut the guy some fuckin slack, without him there is no title last year for LA

Giuseppe
09-26-2010, 11:44 PM
^That's it, and that's all.

Gutter92
09-26-2010, 11:48 PM
It's funny...when Shaq( the Finals MVP of all 3 rings) did this shit, he was crucified...now when Bynum, who is not even the best big on the Lakers does it..its fine :lol

Giuseppe
09-26-2010, 11:51 PM
That's cuz he dragged the leg for a year after it was torn.

Don'tCallMeBubbles
09-26-2010, 11:53 PM
I've more pressing concerns.

Namely, if my shit will be solid or not. The liquid diet makes shit hard to throw, even if equally feared.

Giuseppe
09-26-2010, 11:55 PM
That the skunker in ya.

tee, hee.

Don'tCallMeBubbles
09-27-2010, 12:06 AM
Skunk ain't got shit on my shit, solid or not.

Quit Hatin'
09-27-2010, 12:27 AM
He played an entire season with a torn knee, Quit. What the fuck is the matter with you?

Not the entire season, just the entire playoffs. He had surgery in februrary of 2009, but wasn't fully recovered for the playoffs of 2009. he played those playoff games, but he was fully healthy in the beginning of this season when he was averaging 20 ppg 10rpg 2bpg. Then he tore his meniscus in march which he waited it out so he could play the playoffs and get the surgery done in the offseason which henknew the recovery time takes 2 to 3 months. Sure he was great for us with bum knee but at the end of the day he's has to show us fans he's about winning championship rather than messing around. Think about it this way what would Kobe do if he was in bynum's situation?

Quit Hatin'

Giuseppe
09-27-2010, 03:54 AM
No, it was torn last Summer/'09. He played the entire season with the tear. At one point, the tear got bigger.

He's a hero.

I understand Media will not play it that way. They have an agenda and they will not deviate from it, come Hell or highwater.

But I ain't Media. I know where the bear shits in the buckwheat.

21_Blessings
09-27-2010, 06:20 AM
Who even gives a shit about November when the Lakers' season actually begins in late April. Much like Gasol did last year Big Drew will benefit from the days off.

No, it was torn last Summer/'09. He played the entire season with the tear. At one point, the tear got bigger.

He's a hero.

Yup :hat

Koolaid_Man
09-27-2010, 07:03 AM
What a douche bag! The guy knew he needed surgery this off season and decided to wait until LATE July to get it, so it wouldn't "get in the way" of his vacation/safari time? As if he hasn't had enough "time off" every YEAR as it is with his GLASS body?:rolleyes

Just goes to show you he hasn't grown up yet. All that potential going to waste because he's lazy and selfish...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-lakersbegin

“I actually like the whole thing,” said center Andrew Bynum(notes), who revealed he’s unlikely to play until late November while recovering from offseason knee surgery. “I kind of like that a player has that kind of power. A couple of guys can get together and say they want to play together, even guys like that. I think it’s great for the game.”

Bynum has a problem: He had his injured knee drained twice during the playoffs and a third time after the season, but then postponed surgery so he could make a trip to Europe and South Africa, visiting Germany and Spain before attending the World Cup with Bryant and Gasol.

“It was amazing, because I never saw to much emotion going through people,” Bynum said.

Bynum wrapped up the trip with a four-day safari. Coach Phil Jackson praised the center for indulging in life experiences that aren’t always available to a 23-year-old who joined the workforce straight out of high school.

Bynum said he delayed the surgery until late July because everybody thought his recovery would last no more than eight weeks, but his surgeon changed plans and did a more thorough procedure that requires more down time. Bynum can’t put any undue stress on his leg for another four weeks.

mad cuz our big man getting some extra rest aye....It's all part of the master plan to have a well rested and healthy Drew for the big dance... Phil will uleash his secret weapon- THE CRAKEN - around Dec.. hopefully they let the Craken rest through Jan..:lol

gb2zIR2rvRQ

Lakers are some sneaky lil mofo's...:rollin

lefty
09-27-2010, 08:21 AM
82-0

BlackSwordsMan
09-27-2010, 10:20 AM
Without stern backing the lakers this year kobe is fucked

Ashy Larry
09-27-2010, 10:37 AM
just be healthy for the playoffs

Venti Quattro
09-27-2010, 10:54 AM
Glassnum

Gold Tooth Carl
09-27-2010, 11:01 AM
http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_nba_experts__52/ept_sports_nba_experts-109136826-1272997982.jpg?ymexfFDDXDnphtnl

Venti Quattro
09-27-2010, 11:04 AM
http://hoopeduponline.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/andrew_bynum_playboy_mansion.jpg

PDXSpursFan
09-27-2010, 11:16 AM
Bynum = $58 mil = Bust

Giuseppe
09-27-2010, 11:38 AM
....Howard & Perkins, dead in the ground, notwithstanding.

tee, hee.

NRHector
09-27-2010, 11:49 AM

tee, hee.The thread is about Bynum

NRHector
09-27-2010, 11:52 AM

tee, hee.and before you make any skunk post close your mouth so you don't have to smell it

Giuseppe
09-27-2010, 12:16 PM
The thread is about Bynum

& every hump that came inside the wire.

Giuseppe
09-27-2010, 12:17 PM
and before you make any skunk post close your mouth so you don't have to smell it

I'll be close to the origin this afternoon. I'm goin' for my weiner, and it's a hop, skip & a jump from the site of The Skunker.

Killakobe81
09-27-2010, 12:20 PM
http://hoopeduponline.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/andrew_bynum_playboy_mansion.jpg

dont know why anyone's hating ...Bynum just doing what shaq used to ...

Problem is he aint as good as shaq.

Shaq: "I got injured on company time ...so i'll had surgery on company time."

Giuseppe
09-27-2010, 12:27 PM
Yer mistaken, Killa.

NRHector
09-27-2010, 12:35 PM
I'll be close to the origin this afternoon. I'm goin' for my weiner, and it's a hop, skip & a jump from the site of The Skunker. just the thought of it makes :vomit:

Quit Hatin'
09-27-2010, 12:41 PM
Bynum = $58 mil = Bust

Lol dick jefferson.

Quit Hatin'

21_Blessings
09-27-2010, 04:46 PM
dont know why anyone's hating ...Bynum just doing what shaq used to ...

Problem is he aint as good as shaq.

Shaq: "I got injured on company time ...so i'll had surgery on company time."

Bynum didn't have surgery on company time.

Originally he was scheduled to be out 6-8 weeks after the procedure but the Surgeon chose to repair the meniscus instead of taking it out completely like expected. Those type of decisions actually happen during the surgery FYI when they have a camera in the patient's knee.

Hence the longer recovery time of 10-12 weeks which is pretty standard for that type of meniscus repair.

midnightpulp
09-27-2010, 04:50 PM
Bynum didn't have surgery on company time.

Originally he was scheduled to be out 6-8 weeks after the procedure but the Surgeon chose to repair the meniscus instead of taking it out completely like expected. Those type of decisions actually happen during the surgery FYI when they have a camera in the patient's knee.

Hence the longer recovery time of 10-12 weeks which is pretty standard for that type of meniscus repair.

Only 22, lookout healthcare plan :bking

Venti Quattro
09-27-2010, 07:29 PM
But come to think of it 10 days really won't matter. Kupchak explained it on the Lakers' real training camp episode. 10 days earlier or not, Drew will STILL miss 10-12 weeks because of the procedure that was done to him.

Giuseppe
09-27-2010, 08:04 PM
Better now than six months ago.

duncan228
09-28-2010, 09:33 PM
Bynum's decision of vacation over surgery hard to understand (http://www.nba.com/2010/news/features/scott_howard_cooper/09/28/andrew-bynum/index.html#)
Scott Howard-Cooper
NBA.com

So now there are questions about his head.

The knee issues have already been well documented. Andrew Bynum sat out 46 games in 2007-08 with a damaged tendon, 32 games in 2008-09 with a torn ligament and dragged his right leg around much of the 2010 playoffs with a torn cartilage that, it became obvious, would need postseason surgery. That's a checklist of bad luck for an entire career, let alone a 22 year old.

It became about his mindset around the time Bynum hopped a plane for South Africa to attend the World Cup rather than have the operation to repair the cartilage. The procedure was delayed, the injury turned out to be more extensive than originally thought, the recovery time increased, and now the Lakers will open the season minus their starting center.

His head was thinking vacation escape when professionalism sitting on his other shoulder should have won out. Bynum has a job, he gets paid crazy money, and a major part of the job is being in the best shape possible. He skipped out on the responsibility.

Bynum said Saturday he hopes to return in late-November after missing a month of the regular season and coach Phil Jackson countered the absence will be more like two or three weeks, but it's not about the schedule. It's especially not about the schedule because they're the Lakers with a set opening lineup that doesn't need bonding time, championships are not decided at Thanksgiving and, most of all, they have proven they can win the title without him.

It's about a young player who seemed to gain so much respect for pushing through the postseason when retreat would have been understandable who just made himself a target of criticism from fans and media all over again. That's a big deal for Bynum and the Lakers on any page of the calendar.

"Obviously you want a player that you care about to be out there on the court come the start of the season," he said. "I hear it. But at the same time, I had to do what's good for me. I had to be ready as far as the surgery goes. I'm not going to get some stuff taken out and then run into another problem. The doctor just kind of took care of two birds with one stone there."

Indeed, the medical bulletin is that Bynum will be better in the long run for going with the more-extensive procedure rather than the fix that would have put him in uniform sooner. No one is questioning the medical process.

Plus, and it's a big plus, Jackson has thrown meaningful support behind Bynum. Jackson will cut up his biggest stars -- Scottie Pippen, Kobe Bryant -- and Bynum was an easy mark after choosing a vacation without crutches over matching the commitment the Lakers have always shown him. But the coach said he not only was OK with the timing but encouraged the South African getaway, and that halted a lot of additional criticism that undoubtedly would have landed on Bynum's head.

But the season ended June 17. He had the surgery July 28.

Bynum still could have had some down time before getting into the rehab grind. No one suggested a June 18 operation. But there's some compromise in there that would have allowed him to decompress from a long season while still making the Lakers, their worldwide fan base and -- oh, yeah -- the $13.7 million contract for this season the priority.

"Obviously [the criticism is] not unfair because you could get the surgery right after, the next day," he said. "But you had to be kind of ready to go into surgery. I don't think that's the thing you want to do coming off a long season and coming off the championship thing. I kind of took my time with it, and I'm fine."

He chose to be ready for vacation.

"I don't know if I'm going to be privileged enough or have the opportunity in four years to attend the World Cup," Bynum said. "To me, it was a special moment, and I went out there and I had a good time and now I'm back."

The longer recovery became the second blow to the original plan, but that could have at least been partly avoided if his job had been the priority. It's not that he is missing at least a large portion of November. It's why.

Point guard Derek Fisher, along with Bryant the emotional leader of the two-time defending champions, was asked if he had a problem with Bynum's prioritizing.

Fisher briefly paused.

"It's tough to speculate on what's going on in a guys' mind, as far as his body, his knee, how he feels about his situation," he said. "I guess from a team perspective it's disappointing because it maybe delays our ability to be as good as we want to be at certain points during the season. But overall, as long as he's healthy, as we move through this season and hopefully into December and the first part of the year, he starts to come around. We feel like we can still accomplish our goals."

Perhaps with Bynum healthy, and maybe even completely focused.