PDA

View Full Version : People should hate Carmelo Anthony-Vazquez if he leaves Denver

LeHeat_Dynasty
09-27-2010, 03:10 PM
Melo's antics should be hated on a worldwide scale just like Lebron, sorry for the rant but I dont like him since day one. So, days before The Decision, an overwhelming amount of hate and insults were directed at Lebron, yet here we are in the middle of another NBA transaction and I feel people are giving Melo a pass this time around.

Melo has no right to leave the Nuggets if his reasoning is Denver has not done enough changes to make the team competitive. Thats just non sense!!! Denver has surrounded him with solid players all the time. It's Melo and not the Nuggets franchise shortcoming for not winning a title or even sniffing an NBA Final appearance.

Melo has/had these players at one point. Chauncey Billups. Nene Hilario. Ty Lawson. Kenyon Martin. Marcus Camby. Chris Andersen. Allen Iverson. JR Smith. Linas Kleiza. Eduardo Najera. Anthony Carter. Renaldo Balkman.

Denver has provided him all sorts of players. From a scoring guard to take off the load (Iverson) to an all class leader (Billups) and a very good young prospect (Lawson) He also had a DPOY (Camby) several wing/perimeter scorers (JR SMith, Kleiza) and some tough big bodies willing to hustle (Najera, Martin, Hilario and Birdman). Lebron's best player was Larry Hughes when he led Cleveland to an NBA Finals berth.

All Melo needs to do is bring his game to another level, but he failed to do so. Matter of fact his playoff career has been abysmal with the exception of last year where the Nuggets lost in the 1st round. The prior year was outstanding but Laker fans knows what happened to Melo in the WCF. he just flat out disappeared in a crucial game and was even shut down by Luke Walton on Game 5.

Like I said, Melo is using the lamest excuse on why he wants to bolt out of Colorado.

Another thing I'd like to add is this. Bron gets criticized for making the right decision. Lebron sacrificed his billion dollar image to win a championship, I could understand why a lot of people hates him, but you have to at least respect Lebron for leaving due to basketball reasons. Melo is leaving Denver to appease his GF LaLa. Plain and simple. From a basketball fans point of view, that's just a disgrace.

New Jersey is also not the most progressive franchise to build his name, ask Jason Kidd who did a marvelous job down there, yet people don't associate Kidd's career with the Net, an overwhelming amount of sports fans knows Kidd started in Dallas with Jamal and JJ, done a blonde hair in Phoenix, played in that East Coast with an ugly uniform and is now back in Dallas. TBH, no one really cares for the Nets. Does'nt matter if they leave for Brooklyn. New York is a Knicks city, just like the Lakers in LA.

If Melo is traded, people should get off Lebron's back for a minute and crucify the player much deserving of criticism. Melo's career playoff FG% is 42%! (Check it out) and he has several first round exits and sweeps under his belt. His claim to fame was his New York brawl where he sucker punched some NY scrub.

Venti Quattro
09-27-2010, 03:12 PM
LeBron burned Cleveland and in turn Cleveland burned his jersey.

Melo's giving a chance for Denver to do something.

Different scenarios.

Mr.Bottomtooth
Vasquez?

Venti Quattro
Vasquez?

Lala Vasquez

JamStone
09-27-2010, 03:20 PM
A lot of LeBron critics (granted, not all) don't bash LeBron because he made a bad decision or the fact that he's going to a team that has a very good chance to win championships in the future. LeBron gets most of his criticism for how he handled himself during the process of making that decision and making such a spectacle of himself, as well as knifing Cavs fans in the back. Moreover, he gets a lot of criticism because he's supposed to be arguably the best player in the league and didn't want to take on the challenge of winning a title as the top dog but rather submit himself to being a sidekick to Wade. Those are the criticisms. Not the actual choice of the Miami Heat.

And Carmelo should get a shitload of criticism too. But that in no way absolves how LeBron handled this summer's "decision."

Findog
09-27-2010, 04:01 PM

Different scenarios.

I can't defend any of these guys for being quitting bitches and wanting an NBA version of a stacked AAU team to ply their trade. But in terms of degrees, LeBron had already played out his contract to Cleveland, while Carmelo is refusing to sign an extension with Denver because of...what exactly? They are willing to give him a max extension, they have made plenty of moves improving the talent base in order to compete for a championship. What else can you ask for from your organization?

This is about the fact that he wants a super team of his own in a major media market, something Denver can't give him because of their cap situation and geographic location. It's one thing for a guy like Kevin Garnett to leverage his impending opt-out status for a trade when his organization has never given him quality teammates to play with, and after he gave them a decade of service. I feel like the Nuggets had only begun to scratch the surface of what they could do with Melo as their franchise player.

I thought Melo had started to "get it" the year they picked up Billups and made a run to the Conference Finals, but in retrospect he played hard and in a team-oriented way because he's a follower and not a leader. Karl and Billups set the tone for that team, not Anthony.

lefty
09-27-2010, 04:02 PM
He did it for the Vasquez

LeHeat_Dynasty
09-27-2010, 04:05 PM

Different scenarios.
I get the gist of what you're saying. Different scenarios indeed. But keep this in mind, Lebron brought the city of Cleveland back in the map. All those multi million dollar revenues the Cavs franchise has earned because of National Televised games and endless sponsors is because of Lebron. Gilbert should be thankful because he has experience the feeling of owning an unattractive franchise yet still managed to be in Top 8 in attendance and sold merchandise. I mean seriously, look at the Cavs history. Their best player is Mark Price and brand Daugherty. They have no substance or rich tradition other than painful memories of Jordan draining a couple of Game Winners over the likes of Craig Ehlo and Gerald Wilkins.

Lebron raised Cleveland from the grave.

Melo on the other hand is leaving a great situation for one of the leagues worst team. If he leaves its not because he thinks he has a better chance with Brook Lopez in New Jersey, its because LaLa wants him near New York.

LeHeat_Dynasty
09-27-2010, 04:33 PM
A lot of LeBron critics (granted, not all) don't bash LeBron because he made a bad decision or the fact that he's going to a team that has a very good chance to win championships in the future. LeBron gets most of his criticism for how he handled himself during the process of making that decision and making such a spectacle of himself, as well as knifing Cavs fans in the back. Moreover, he gets a lot of criticism because he's supposed to be arguably the best player in the league and didn't want to take on the challenge of winning a title as the top dog but rather submit himself to being a sidekick to Wade. Those are the criticisms. Not the actual choice of the Miami Heat.

His little ESPN show was in poor taste. But Lebron does not owe Cleveland anything, IMO its the other way around as I explained previously. James had a decision to make, either become a perennial All Star and a bonafide Superstar or be those as well as a champion, so he took the smart way out. And that criticism of him not taking the challenge is absolutely bullocks. He did took the challenge and gave them two back to back 60 + win seasons and a trip to the Finals. He worked with what Cleveland gave him. Cleveland messed up several times getting Lebron the second option he direly needs. The best they can come up with was two washed up players and Mo Williams.

TBH, Lebron trusted and gave Cleveland his all up to the very last minute. He patiently waited to see the outcome of the 2009-2010 season then he made a decision. I don't know why people are holding this against him.

JamStone
09-27-2010, 04:45 PM
LeBron didn't owe Cleveland or the fans in terms of staying with the franchise. But for an area and fanbase he claims he loves, he owed them more courtesy in how he handled his departure. He didn't have to stay. He also didn't have to take a shit on Cleveland and their fans on national tv. At the end of the day, it is what it is. You can say he didn't owe anything to them. And I and others can criticize him for being an attention whore in the whole process. They're all just opinions. Again, it's not about the actual decision or whether it was right or wrong, smart or dumb. It was about how he played pretty woman to different owners and the fans of different teams, flashing his tits and ass on the side of the street to everyone and then getting on camera to kick the collective Cleveland fan nutsack. If you can't see the difference, I don't know what to tell you.

And saying he gave Cleveland his all up to the very last minute is very debatable.

Mr.Bottomtooth
09-27-2010, 05:04 PM
Melo says on media day that he'll discuss future with Nuggets at the end of the season.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/69307/20100927/melo_im_leaving_options_open_until_end_of_season/

DPG21920
09-27-2010, 05:11 PM
lol How can Lebron be Wade's sidekick when he is the best player on the team.

Just like Kobe having Pau, Lebron now has Wade. Same thing and Lebron is clearly the best player on his team with a 1B in Wade. Same situation in LA. The fact he left a terrible place to live in CLE for the greatness that is MIA is a moot point.

Also, CLE fans did deserve what they got, although Lebron should have been the bigger man. He took them from the trenches and they spit in his face the second he could not lead a group of average players to a title. They spit right in his face, hurled accusations and turned their backs on him. They certainly deserved it, but he still should not have done it.

Killakobe81
09-27-2010, 05:27 PM
I hear ya DPG, but even though some fans did criticize him for failing to win ... I think you overstate they "turned on him". I have a Cavs fan (grew up in Ohio) in my fantasy (football) league and he defended him up until the day of the Decision. Of course some of their fan base had begun to grow impatient they haven't won a title in decades ...but just because you get crticized by your hometown fans a bit you jump ship? What about the way Laker fans bash Odom and Bynum or Spur fans that bash tony Parker? When you win titles (those guys) or are considered the best player in the league (lebron) people will question your ability to win it all when you have homecourt and fail to win. Peyton manning is the perfect example. Before he won it all simmons and many others in the media questioned his greatness because he seemed to fall flat in crunch time. even at home in the playoffs. When you win, you quiet those doubters but until you do it doesnt matter what stats you put up. Losing sucks. But losing when you are the favorites hurts more. If bron at least rings in Cleveland he could of closed out his career in Miami, NY with no complaint because he would of ended the drought in that city. He would of had the love the Sox had when they ended the "curse" ...but he chose not to. his choice, but to say he did not screw his fanbase over is bull ...

DPG21920
09-27-2010, 05:35 PM
He is in the minority. Bashing the guys that you mentioned was nothing compared to what CLE fans did to Lebron. They were downright nasty.

He didn't screw his fan base. He did what was best for him. Just like Kobe. Only difference is Kobe has management to bring guys to him, Lebron did not. But the end game is the same.

He did not screw anyone over, but he did rub it in unnecessarily. But when you turn on someone who gave their all for you, you should expect some backlash.

Killakobe81
09-27-2010, 05:41 PM
He is in the minority. Bashing the guys that you mentioned was nothing compared to what CLE fans did to Lebron. They were downright nasty.

He didn't screw his fan base. He did what was best for him. Just like Kobe. Only difference is Kobe has management to bring guys to him, Lebron did not. But the end game is the same.

He did not screw anyone over, but he did rub it in unnecessarily. But when you turn on someone who gave their all for you, you should expect some backlash.

I never said he did anything wrong TO ME ... I think you do sympathize a bit for cleveland...but Lebron made a decision he felt was best. I agree that CLE is pretty shitty and I would of chose south Beach ...but for those that were clinging to hope that Lebron had that MJ quality it is a bit diappointing. you want him to be THAT ni44a ... but he is not. Neither is Kobe ...but I already gave up on kobe surpassing MJ. I thought Lebron had a chance. and i dont hate MJ he is the GOAT but i just want someone to be on his level so all the MJ dyck ryders can get off their high horse. Many act like it sacrilege to even mention Magic, kobe, duncan or Lebron with MJ.

LeHeat_Dynasty
09-27-2010, 05:48 PM
DPG gets it. Lebron is not going to be a "sidekick" as people here likes to put it. By the end of this coming season, Lebron will be the Heat's best defensive & offensive player, perhaps Wade will get his credit for being the leader of the team but this is like how Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce shared the spotlight in Boston. People say its Pierce's team but everyone knows Garnett was the biggest and irrefutable reason they became champions.

And Jamstone, like I said, I think he handled his exit in poor taste but again, I don't believe he knifed Cleveland in the back. He never said he was going to sign an extension with them this year, as a matter of fact he left his options open throughout the entire season. Truth is, Dan Gilbert rolled the dice and took the gamble. He lost. Facts of life.

Daddy_Of_All_Trolls
09-27-2010, 06:10 PM
Whether Melo gets hated or not if and when he leaves may be a minor thing in people's minds. He isn't the player LeBron or Wade is, and his career is in the shadows of those two and other greats.

Nuggets fans may hate him, but the rest of the world may not care, until he beats their team.

JamStone
09-27-2010, 06:17 PM
lol How can Lebron be Wade's sidekick when he is the best player on the team.

Just like Kobe having Pau, Lebron now has Wade. Same thing and Lebron is clearly the best player on his team with a 1B in Wade. Same situation in LA. The fact he left a terrible place to live in CLE for the greatness that is MIA is a moot point.

1. Because LeBron is going to a team where Wade is already the established alpha dog. Whether LeBron is the better player is an arguable point. Whose team it is really isn't. LeBron has suggested as much, that he's going to "Wade's team."

2. Wade has won an NBA title as the alpha dog for the same franchise. As great as LeBron is (and don't get me wrong, I think he's the best player in the league), he doesn't have Wade's championship pedigree. In 1988, if Michael Jordan forced a trade to the Lakers, he would have been Magic's sidekick even though Michael was already the better player.

If you disagree, fine. But that's how I would guess most people see it.

DPG21920
09-27-2010, 06:21 PM
1. Because LeBron is going to a team where Wade is already the established alpha dog. Whether LeBron is the better player is an arguable point. Whose team it is really isn't. LeBron has suggested as much, that he's going to "Wade's team."

No. It is not arguable. Lebron is the best player in the NBA. Just because Wade happened to be in the best city to start, does not mean Lebron is going to be a sidekick. That is silly logic.

If Wade would have gone to CLE, would he be going to be Lebron's sidekick? The city in which they play does not change the player they are.

It's Wade's team in the sense he was in MIA, not in the sense that Lebron is the sidekick.

2. Wade has won an NBA title as the alpha dog for the same franchise. As great as LeBron is (and don't get me wrong, I think he's the best player in the league), he doesn't have Wade's championship pedigree. In 1988, if Michael Jordan forced a trade to the Lakers, he would have been Magic's sidekick even though Michael was already the better player.

That is silly logic. The best player on the team is not a sidekick. Michael would never be a sidekick, titles or not.

If you disagree, fine. But that's how I would guess most people see it.

Most fans are pretty dumb.

JamStone
09-27-2010, 06:34 PM
Disagree if you wish. Call me dumb at your leisure.

That's how I see it. It's Wade's team. Wade is the alpha dog. LeBron is along for the ride.

If Michael went to the Lakers before he won any titles, he would have been Magic's sidekick. Sorry, he would. We're not talking about a superstar player going to a team with good or pretty good players. We're talking about a superstar player going to a team that already has a superstar player. LeBron is the better player, but Wade is also a top 3 player in the league. So because of that, the factors I mentioned come into play, Wade being an established superstar himself and having won an NBA title on that team. Contrary to what some Laker fans want to believe, LeBron has surpassed Kobe as the better individual player. But if LeBron went to the Lakers, he would be Kobe's sidekick. Period.

ogait
09-27-2010, 06:52 PM
Also, CLE fans did deserve what they got, although Lebron should have been the bigger man. He took them from the trenches and they spit in his face the second he could not lead a group of average players to a title. They spit right in his face, hurled accusations and turned their backs on him. They certainly deserved it, but he still should not have done it.

I don't get this. What would make Cleveland fans worthy of his majesty Lebron James. Did they not sold out the Q almost every night, did they not support him enough? If anything they support him too much buying into the all King/Chose One thing before he could deliver, but that's not really their fault.

Now really they aren't allowed to feel bad, and express themselves, about him leaving? Should they just say goodbye and good luck thanks for all the regular seasons championships?

And I don't have anything against Lebron going to Miami. I know that if he wins and plays well he will have the recognition he deserves. But seriously one can critic acts of violence committed because of this, or the Cavs owner for saying what he said, but an entire fan base who always supported him felt betrayed and disappointed when he left and made a show out of it, I donīt understand what's wrong about that.

Steve Kerr
09-27-2010, 06:53 PM
lol DPG slurping Lebron's cock acting like Cleveland fans treated him like shit

Steve Kerr
09-27-2010, 06:58 PM
:cry they said he quit on some Cavaliers message boards :cry, those bastards :cry

Koolaid_Man
09-27-2010, 07:21 PM
LeBron didn't owe Cleveland or the fans in terms of staying with the franchise. But for an area and fanbase he claims he loves, he owed them more courtesy in how he handled his departure. He didn't have to stay. He also didn't have to take a shit on Cleveland and their fans on national tv. At the end of the day, it is what it is. You can say he didn't owe anything to them. And I and others can criticize him for being an attention whore in the whole process. They're all just opinions. Again, it's not about the actual decision or whether it was right or wrong, smart or dumb. It was about how he played pretty woman to different owners and the fans of different teams, flashing his tits and ass on the side of the street to everyone and then getting on camera to kick the collective Cleveland fan nutsack. If you can't see the difference, I don't know what to tell you.

And saying he gave Cleveland his all up to the very last minute is very debatable.

actually Lebuns owed Clev quite a bit..after all when his mom was a crack whore living on the streets in and out of shelter homes...banging pimps (from which Lebron was spawned) the city took them in..so yeah that Nigga owed his existence ...

HarlemHeat37
09-27-2010, 08:24 PM
:lol @ people that don't realize that Lebron was a FA..he was no longer a Cav, he had no obligation to their organization or their fans..

Carmelo's situation is much worse..he's still under contract with the Nuggets, and he asked for a trade..

Venti Quattro
09-27-2010, 08:32 PM
Under contract, but he's giving the Nuggets two things: time and a clue. He's telling his current front office that "I want out" without being as violent and public as Kobe can get. LeBron left Cleveland without a clue. But I'm sure you'll make it look that athletes don't need to give their teams a clue about their status anyway. So there's really no point in arguing.

HarlemHeat37
09-27-2010, 09:24 PM
Lebron didn't have a team though..he was no longer a Cav..

Carmelo is trying to leave Denver before his contract is over, he still has an entire regular season left..he's made it clear that he doesn't want to be there, even though his contractually obligated to play there..bitch-made, but not surprising coming from Anthony, a proven wannabe gangbanger..

Venti Quattro
09-27-2010, 09:33 PM
We can say that Carmelo's bitch-made but I think he has handled his situation better than LeBron.

DPG21920
09-27-2010, 11:15 PM
:cry they said he quit on some Cavaliers message boards :cry, those bastards :cry

:lol this cuckold right here. The Cavs fans on this board agreed with me and proved your takes wrong already.

Move along.

Even the Cavs fans stated they completely turned on Lebron, well before the decision.

Just like when you say Dumars has turned into a GM afraid to make a move and Piston fans correct you. You are out of touch with other teams and your random hatred of all things clouds your judgment.

DPG21920
09-27-2010, 11:16 PM
lol DPG slurping Lebron's cock acting like Cleveland fans treated him like shit

lol DoK doing the "it's cool to hate things" routine.

lol understudy.

DPG21920
09-27-2010, 11:20 PM
Disagree if you wish. Call me dumb at your leisure.

That's how I see it. It's Wade's team. Wade is the alpha dog. LeBron is along for the ride.

If Michael went to the Lakers before he won any titles, he would have been Magic's sidekick. Sorry, he would. We're not talking about a superstar player going to a team with good or pretty good players. We're talking about a superstar player going to a team that already has a superstar player. LeBron is the better player, but Wade is also a top 3 player in the league. So because of that, the factors I mentioned come into play, Wade being an established superstar himself and having won an NBA title on that team. Contrary to what some Laker fans want to believe, LeBron has surpassed Kobe as the better individual player. But if LeBron went to the Lakers, he would be Kobe's sidekick. Period.

I didn't call you dumb. You said most would see it your way and I said most fans are dumb.

The best player in the league is never a sidekick. That is just reality. The fact he had to leave CLE because no FA's would play there does not take away from that. I don't care if there is a superstar player there already or not. When one superstar is better, they are not the sidekick. Period.

It was Wade's team. Now it's their team with the best player being Lebron.

ducks
09-27-2010, 11:47 PM
MELO has never said he wants traded
He just has not signed an extension contract

nuggets said if he does not sign they would look into trading him