PDA

View Full Version : LeBron says Heat 'will let our game do the talking'

Ashy Larry
09-27-2010, 03:21 PM
CORAL GABLES, Fla. (AP) -- Since LeBron James joined the Miami Heat, he's been called a quitter, had his competitive nature questioned, heard others say he made a bad business decision.

Yet the NBA's reigning MVP does acknowledge this much - all the doubters are fueling him.

"I do have a lot of motivation," James said.

Music to the Heat collective ears, right there. Donning his new Heat home uniform and sitting alongside fellow star teammates Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh, James spoke Monday on the eve of his first practice with his new club, and said the team "will let our game do the talking."

James signed a $109.8 million, six-year deal with Miami on July 9, one day after starring in an hourlong TV special to announce he was leaving Cleveland. There has been constant outcry since - Cavs owner Dan Gilbert called James a quitter, rivals questioned his competitiveness, and Dallas owner Mark Cuban said James executed "the largest public humiliation in the history of sports."

"He is a motivated player right now," Heat coach Erik Spoelstra said.

The Heat begin training camp Tuesday at Hurlburt Field, a U.S. Air Force installation in Florida's Panhandle. On the night he signed, James predicted Miami would win multiple titles with him, Wade and Bosh leading the charge.
His thinking hasn't changed on that front since July. Asked if the Heat are facing a "championship or bust" season, James coolly responded: "Not bust. But it is championship."

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/09/27/lebron-james-heat-media.ap/index.html

JamStone
09-27-2010, 03:24 PM
Pat Riley didn't get the memo.

lefty
09-27-2010, 03:31 PM
R.I.P Lakers

ohmwrecker
09-27-2010, 03:44 PM
After talking out of his ass all summer, LeBron says the Heat "will let our game do the talking".

Awesome. Shut the fuck up.

sefant77
09-27-2010, 03:45 PM
I thought they have ESPN to do the talking for them

lefty
09-27-2010, 03:46 PM
I thought they have ESPN to do the talking for them

Lebron does the talking, ESPN does the nut sucking

NRHector
09-27-2010, 04:01 PM
Lebron does the talking, ESPN does the nut sucking

don't mention nut sucking that's gonna wake up culby

lefty
09-27-2010, 04:02 PM
don't mention nut sucking that's gonna wake up culby
:lmao

duncan228
09-27-2010, 04:04 PM
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/db/fullj.d391afe1b1c60917719380fd3dca3bd8/d391afe1b1c60917719380fd3dca3bd8-getty-103892230ms024_miami_heat_m.jpg

Ace
09-27-2010, 04:14 PM
I sense a lot of ass hurt coming... Koolaid in 1 2 3...

LeHeat_Dynasty
09-27-2010, 04:43 PM
If there's one thing you dont want to see as a MH fan, its the immature showboating where guys are just rubbing it in dancing and cheering like a clown. That's the kind of thing they need talk about, but these guys are pretty young with no class act veteran on board so I wouldn't be surprised if Lebron or Wade bust a move from time to time.

IronMexican
09-27-2010, 04:44 PM
:tu Smart thing to say.

ohmwrecker
09-27-2010, 05:29 PM
If there's one thing you dont want to see as a MH fan, its the immature showboating where guys are just rubbing it in dancing and cheering like a clown. That's the kind of thing they need talk about, but these guys are pretty young with no class act veteran on board so I wouldn't be surprised if Lebron or Wade bust a move from time to time.

I can't see Wade doing that so, I guess you're half right.

sefant77
09-27-2010, 05:42 PM

Im pretty sure they were all surprised from the amount of fire/bashing and ripping they got. James and Bosh probably thought "Ok, 1-2 weeks some criticism and then its all just about the dream team blabla".

But after that decision debacle, the intro show and Bosh destroying himself (his twitter charade, his days/weeks blooper in the Wade interview, his SI "show" etc) im kind of sure they will keep it little bit more low profile without dancing courtside etc...

mindcrime
09-27-2010, 06:17 PM
R.I.P Lakers

pfft. Heat will be bounced by the C's in the playoffs.

Basketballgirl25
09-27-2010, 06:23 PM

if they bust a move someone should send them to dance with the stars and they can judge that instead of playing this season:lol

namlook
09-27-2010, 06:26 PM
All of a sudden when he has a stacked team Lebron will let his team's game do the talking.

Kobe™
09-27-2010, 06:43 PM
Comin' for #6.

Koolaid_Man
09-27-2010, 06:51 PM
http://www.nba.com/2010/news/09/27/lebron-james-heat-media.ap/index.html

I guess that nigga Lebron don't realize that boy is still out there...man that boy still fisting ass with that hammer...:toast

Ace
09-27-2010, 07:18 PM
All of a sudden when he has a stacked team Lebron will let his team's game do the talking.
Maybe you should put him on your ignore list...

Dex
09-27-2010, 08:17 PM
Yes, now that the odds are ridiculously skewed in his favor and he no longer has to be the go-to guy....Lebron is finally going to let his game do the talking.

21_Blessings
09-27-2010, 08:24 PM
"will let our game do the talking".

While the Lakers let their championships do the talking.

:lobt: :lobt: :lobt2:

picc84
09-27-2010, 08:25 PM

Last spring James let his team do the talking....and the walking. How soon we forget.

HarlemHeat37
09-27-2010, 08:25 PM
:lol The Lakers?..yesterday's news, TBH..

The Heat are going to be disgusting..they're all motivated, they have the 2 best players in the NBA, Lebron has a mental list of targets..it's going to be a fun year, a lot of teams are going to get blown out..

Ghazi
09-27-2010, 08:26 PM
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4154/5028797819_588637832b.jpg

:bking :bking

duncan228
09-27-2010, 09:13 PM
Miami’s Big Three forecast a bright future (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ys-heatcamp092710)
By Chris Perkins

They weren’t going to mix it up yet. Not on this day. Monday was all about looking ahead for the Miami Heat and their Big Three of Dwyane Wade, LeBron James and Chris Bosh. James even said as much as he spoke at the Heat’s media day at the University of Miami.

“For me I’ve moved forward,” James said, trying to stay out of the fray. “I don’t want to dwell in the past. There’s been a lot of things said about me, about my family, about this organization and me and Dwyane and C-Bosh, but I’m moving forward. I’m looking forward to training camp. There’s not much you can say once the ball is tossed in the air.”

But all kinds of things have been said in the months leading up to the celebrated start of the Heat’s camp. After James made the July 8 announcement that he was joining Wade and Bosh with the Heat, there’s been a never-ending barrage of slings and arrows cast Miami’s way.

Critics have slapped numerous tags and labels on this new Heat team. Some have called them prima donnas – and worse. Legends Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson and Charles Barkley have even questioned why The Big Three would want to unite.

“I still respect Mike and I still respect Magic and Charles and the rest of those guys. … I have nothing bad to say about them,” James said. “But I can’t live through those guys. I have to make my own destiny and this is the route I feel like I need to go.”

Barkley, Wade’s buddy from television commercials, said the union of James, Bosh and Wade, and Miami’s ensuing welcome celebration – which featured pyrotechnics, smoke and thousands of cheering fans – was a “punk move.” Still others have tried to heap additional pressure onto the Heat by declaring this one of the greatest teams ever assembled. People have also spoken of how there’s no way this superstar trio can play together because their egos are way too big.

The Heat wanted none of that chatter Monday. As they addressed the more than 300 assembled media members – more than twice the usual media day gathering – they talked about staying focused and staying away from distraction.

“A lot of people are going to try to make it about all these other things,” coach Erik Spoelstra said.

The Heat did their best to diffuse such talk. At one point in Monday’s media session, as Wade sat on the stage flanked by his superstar friends, the batteries in his microphone went dead.

Right on cue, both Bosh and James pushed their microphones in front of Wade.

“Thank you for passing the ball,” Wade quipped.

Translation: Selfishness won’t be a problem.

“The time leading up to training camp a lot of people have got it confused – we came here to play together, we came here to play as a team,” Bosh said. “People are taking the individualism a little bit too much. We’re all going to be good players but we’re all going to work together.”

The Heat stayed above all the trash talk Monday. There were moments of defiance, times when the questions sounded like they would set someone off. James, for example, was asked about going from national hero to national villain.

“I’m cool,” he said. “It’s the game of basketball. I’m having fun, I’m enjoying it. At the end of the day you’ve just got to win. Winning takes care of all that. I’ll go out and let my game do the talking. All that hero-villain mess is bizarre.”

Wade was asked about possibly being booed at visiting arenas.

“If they boo us, they’re not booing us because of the people that we are because a lot of people don’t necessarily know the people that you are,” Wade said. “They’re supporting their team, they’re trying to get their team riled up. That’s just what people do. You can’t take it to heart. We’re going to take the boos and it’s going to be cheers to us on the road. And you’d like to turn those fans into cheering at the end of the game. That’s always the goal.”

The Heat open training camp Tuesday at Eglin Air Force Base in Fort Walton Beach in Florida’s panhandle. It’s a bit unusual for the Heat to leave Miami for a few days, but the team wanted to escape the media crush and other hometown distractions. The only goal for this team is to win the title.

“No one knows who’s going to win the championship until the buzzer sounds in that last game,” Wade said. “We understand the steps we’ve got to take to get to that point. It’s going to be a long journey. But it’s going to be a fun one.”

Ace
09-27-2010, 09:20 PM
I8pPsU6fK9E

Mr.Bottomtooth
09-27-2010, 09:33 PM

:lol

lefty
09-28-2010, 08:21 AM
R.I.P Lakers

rickross
09-28-2010, 10:41 AM
real talk playa, we be creamin the league so hard even black jesus will accept that his scrub ass bulls is inferior to teh juggernaut. peace out we da best we has no rivals, we is takin ova.

Rummpd
09-28-2010, 12:32 PM
Will be laughable when they lose to the Magic this year - that team has the talent and drive to beat them

alchemist
09-28-2010, 02:05 PM
R.i.p. Nba

MavFan6488
09-28-2010, 06:24 PM

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/5498/unbenannt1fr.jpg

Ashy Larry
09-28-2010, 06:54 PM
http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/5498/unbenannt1fr.jpg

classic :lmao

DPG21920
09-28-2010, 07:03 PM
I am so damn pumped about this season. Between my Spurs and a healthy TP, Manu and TD (plus Splitter), I can't wait to watch the Heat, Bulls and all of the other teams that have new additions. I am really interested to see Big Al in UTA as well.

Should be a great year.

Ashy Larry
09-28-2010, 07:10 PM
I am so damn pumped about this season. Between my Spurs and a healthy TP, Manu and TD (plus Splitter), I can't wait to watch the Heat, Bulls and all of the other teams that have new additions. I am really interested to see Big Al in UTA as well.

Should be a great year.

I totally agree .... hell, even the Bucks may hold on to the fifth seed and hopefully Bogut can stay healthy. Clearly the Eastern Conference is gaining ground.