PDA

View Full Version : Good Riddance Jimmy Raye

symple19
09-28-2010, 04:30 AM
Although not everything can be put on your head (like the lack of a professional QB), much of it can. I hope the door has spikes on it and impales you on the way out.

Also, it's time to start Carr, or Nate Davis for that matter. Alex Smith should be following right behind Raye, tbh

JMarkJohns
09-28-2010, 10:37 AM
The problem is it's hard to play for a dic(k)tator who's never won anything as a coach. They have the talent, but clearly the players aren't empowered or passionate about playing for Singletary any longer. He's called out too many players and personnel without pointing the finger of blame at himself. He's created lofty expectations and hasn't followed through. I liked Singletary his first season, but now he's a clown.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-28-2010, 10:43 AM
Yeah, Singletary also fucked up with the brutal training camp he put his team through. He already had the respect of the locker room and had the team playing the way he wanted it to, putting them through boot camp accomplished nothing other than probably piss some veterans off about having to do that nut cracker drill daily when they did nothing to deserve it.

pawe
09-28-2010, 11:40 AM
Yeah, Singletary also fucked up with the brutal training camp he put his team through. He already had the respect of the locker room and had the team playing the way he wanted it to, putting them through boot camp accomplished nothing other than probably piss some veterans off about having to do that nut cracker drill daily when they did nothing to deserve it.

Exactly! If I am a vet or even a rising star playing for a big payday, I want to save myself for the actual games, not get fucked up by my teammates who are trying to get into the 53 man roster.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-28-2010, 11:47 AM
Yup. There's no reason why Patrick Willis and Frank Gore should have to be doing two-a-days everyday in July. You know they'll be ready for the season anyway and take care of themselves, don't put them through the same hell someone who is trying to make the roster has to go through.

LOL texans
09-28-2010, 12:26 PM
lol niners

kamikazi_player
09-29-2010, 12:28 AM
lol niners

LOL niners indeed.

But yeah, i said this many times already. Alex Smith is not the QB that will take them to the next level. He's not consistent enough and he makes terrible decisions. I don't know if David Carr's the answer, but it's worth a shot.

symple19
09-29-2010, 09:22 AM
Yup. There's no reason why Patrick Willis and Frank Gore should have to be doing two-a-days everyday in July. You know they'll be ready for the season anyway and take care of themselves, don't put them through the same hell someone who is trying to make the roster has to go through.

Completely agree with you and Jmark. I understand why Iron Mike did it last year, but doing it again this year wasn't smart. It appears that even the defense looks rusty and slower.

The frustrating thing is that they looked good in many facets of the game against the Saints. The other two contests were abysmal failures. That goes right onto the head coach. Singletary has to get them ready to play consistently, and so far that isn't happening, shitty OC or not

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-29-2010, 09:32 AM
God dammit I brought up Patrick Willis and that quickly reminded me of drafting Levi Brown over Patrick Willis. Patrick Willis and Daryl Washington getting to roam behind Calais Campbell, Dan Williams and Darnell Dockett, gg NFL :lol

I completely agree on giving Carr a shot. The guy looked good in limited action for the giants the last 2 years, I've always been a fan of his. He seems like the classic example of someone who was thrust into an impossible situation to start his career and after a few years on the bench could come back and be a good QB.

symple19
09-29-2010, 09:40 AM
Btw, lol Niners

and btw, The cards don't look half bad. I like em' to win the west over the seachickens and their cheating coach

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-29-2010, 10:25 AM
I really think its anyone's division. Even the Niners have a chance to get back in the thick of things, it's too early to rule anyone out of a division so shitty. Anderson and Fitz are still not on the same page at all, and the two receivers (Breaston and Doucet) that Anderson actually has a slight amount of chemistry with will both be out for the next few games. Unless Stephen Williams starts playing like he did in the preseason and they start running the ball well enough to use play action frequently, the Cardinals could easily lose their next 3 games.

pawe
09-29-2010, 10:34 AM
Raye not going down without a fight. He said the plays he called all came from the head coach. He said Singletary didnt even know the offensive playbook but still didnt let him (Raye) run his own offense.
Singletary is the next one to get the boot.