PDA

View Full Version : Larry Brown earned BIG time points with me.

T Park
05-20-2005, 12:15 PM
He calls a 20 second timeout JUST so that his team, the officials, and others could applaud Reggie Miller.

How AWESOME was that. Come on.

We may disagree with him on the Olympics, what he does with Milicic, but last night??

That was absolute nothing but class.

Big big big props to Larry Brown.

sa_butta
05-20-2005, 12:17 PM
Very classy not too many coaches would have done that.

TNT21
05-20-2005, 12:23 PM
Agreed!

samikeyp
05-20-2005, 12:35 PM
I thought it was cool the way the whole Pistons team stood there and applauded for Reggie.

SPARKY
05-20-2005, 12:43 PM
It provided me with an erection as well.

Gatita
05-20-2005, 12:54 PM
It provided me with an erection as well.

Yes, yes...very classy. :lol

N.Y. Johnny
05-20-2005, 01:03 PM
I loved to see that it was kinda of amazing to see that happen i liked it after all that happened there with the fight early on in the year.
Good to see good guys like Larry Brown still exist in the world. :lol Better than seeing something on the flip side like Don Chaney sending in Goons to games to cause trouble.

MrChug
05-20-2005, 02:13 PM
Larry's a class guy...boring, but classy.

ShoogarBear
05-20-2005, 02:35 PM
Don't forget Larry coached Reggie for a few years . . .

then again, who hasn't Larry coached at one point?

Flea
05-20-2005, 03:20 PM
I agree, classy move by Larry Brown.

Gatita
05-20-2005, 03:25 PM
Classy.

:lol

MasterYoda
05-20-2005, 03:32 PM
Larry Brown earned BIG time points with me.

thrilled, he will be.

http://www.remembertheaba.com/OnlyintheABAMaterial/LarryBrownRainbowSweater.JPG

iminlakerland
05-20-2005, 04:28 PM
It was nice to see, and Reggie deserved it

pooh
05-20-2005, 04:37 PM
I was shocked that he did that for Reggie. At first I thought Carlisle would probably do something like that, but I'm sure Reggie would've told him "no coach, don't do it." That's the kind of guy Reggie is. But it was very classy for Brown to do that and give the legend a send off that he richly deserved, even though it wasn't a win like he would've wanted.

BadlyDrawnBoy
05-20-2005, 05:23 PM
Does anyone remember in the 2002-2003 season when we played the Sixers in Philly.

The Spurs had the ball and Jax went up for a shot, Jax then twisted his ankle and was on the floor while game continued. Then Larry demanded that the Sixers call a time out even though they had the numbers and were on a fastbreak.

Then later Iverson got hurt and Pop made the Spurs call a time out.

It was one of those things that two coaches hardly if ever do. You can say it's because Pop and Larry are such great friends.

bigzak25
05-20-2005, 05:41 PM
i don't recall that BdB, but that's class all the way, on both sides.

ducks
05-20-2005, 06:00 PM
any coach would have done that

if larry did not he would have been on the black list
no brownie points for me larry

red kryptonite
05-21-2005, 01:36 PM
I was shocked that he did that for Reggie. At first I thought Carlisle would probably do something like that, but I'm sure Reggie would've told him "no coach, don't do it." That's the kind of guy Reggie is. But it was very classy for Brown to do that and give the legend a send off that he richly deserved, even though it wasn't a win like he would've wanted.

By the media and Pacers fans a legend, but he wasn't a legend on the court.

red kryptonite
05-21-2005, 01:39 PM
Does anyone remember in the 2002-2003 season when we played the Sixers in Philly.

The Spurs had the ball and Jax went up for a shot, Jax then twisted his ankle and was on the floor while game continued. Then Larry demanded that the Sixers call a time out even though they had the numbers and were on a fastbreak.

Then later Iverson got hurt and Pop made the Spurs call a time out.

It was one of those things that two coaches hardly if ever do. You can say it's because Pop and Larry are such great friends.

In that instance, you take the numbers and try to get a layup or an open shot. I don't remember what you described, but if it happened, that's just two guys going over the top. Basketball first, whatever else second. You don't play basketball to be classy, you play basketball to win.

There was nothing wrong with Brown calling that 20 to applaud Reggie, though, because they had already terminated his career.

sickdsm
05-22-2005, 04:39 PM
Before everyone zips up Larry's zipper and finishes him off lets not forget what a scuzzball, dirty, low-down deal he did with Carlos Delfino not right around the time the playoff roster was released.