PDA

View Full Version : UFOs eyed nukes, ex-Air Force personnel say

phyzik
09-28-2010, 08:23 AM
http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/09/27/ufos-showed-interest-in-nukes-ex-air-force-personnel-say/?hpt=T2

Seven former U.S. Air Force personnel gathered in Washington Monday to recount UFO sightings over nuclear weapons facilities in decades past – accounts that a UFO researcher says show extraterrestrial beings are interested in the world’s nuclear arms race and may be sending humans a message.

At a news conference at the National Press Club, the six former officers and one ex-enlisted man recalled either personal sightings or reports from subordinates and others of UFOs hovering over nuclear missile silos or nuclear weapons storage areas in the 1960s, '70s and '80s.

Three of the former Air Force officers – though they hadn’t seen the UFOs themselves - told reporters that UFOs hovering over silos around Montana’s Malmstrom Air Force Base in 1967 appeared to have temporarily deactivated some of the nuclear missiles.

Much of the testimony already has appeared in books, websites and elsewhere. But UFO researcher and author Robert Hastings, who organized the news conference, said the time has come for the U.S. government to acknowledge the UFO visits.

“I believe - these gentlemen believe - that this planet is being visited by beings from another world, who for whatever reason have taken an interest in the nuclear arms race which began at the end of World War II,” said Hastings, who added that more than 120 former military personnel have told him about UFOs visiting nuclear sites.

“Regarding the missile shutdown incidents, my opinion … is that whoever are aboard these craft are sending a signal to both Washington and Moscow, among others, that we are playing with fire – that the possession and threatened use of nuclear weapons potentially threatens the human race and the integrity of the planetary environment,” he said.

Former Air Force Capt. Robert Salas – who has written a book about the Montana incidents – said he was underground when a UFO hovered over his missile silo in March 1967, and therefore couldn’t see it. He said one of his guards above ground told him a red, glowing object about 30 feet in diameter was hovering just above the front gate of the facility, in an isolated area far from Malmstrom.

“And just as I [called my commander], our missiles began going into what’s called a no-go condition, or unlaunchable. Essentially, they were disabled while this object was still hovering over out site,” Salas said.

Salas and others said the military urged them at the time not to talk about the incidents.

Retired Col. Charles Halt recalled seeing UFOs over the woods near Royal Air Force Stations Bentwaters and Woodbridge in eastern England in December 1980. He and security personnel were investigating reports of strange lights just outside one of the bases.

“All through the forest was a bright glowing object,” he said Monday. “The best way I can describe it, it looked like an eye – with bright red, with a dark center. It appeared to be winking. It was shedding something like molten metal, was dripping off it.

“It silently moved through the trees, avoiding any contact, it bobbed up and down, and at one point it actually approached us. We tried to get closer. It receded out into the field, beyond the forest, and silently exploded into five white objects – gone. So we went out into the field looking for any evidence, because something had been apparently falling off it – and we find nothing,” he said.

He recalled subsequently seeing other objects in the sky, including one that stopped about 3,000 feet overhead and “sent down a concentrated beam at our feet.” No one was harmed.

“The best way I can equate it is sort of a laser beam. We stood there in awe. Was this a warning? Was this an attempt to communicate? Was this a weapon? Or just a probe?” he said.

At about the same time, he was hearing radio reports from base personnel that beams from some of the objects were “falling into or near the weapons storage area.”

In a staff meeting later, a general decided “it happened off base, so it’s a British affair,” Halt recalled. “In other words, they were loathe to get involved.”

The Air Force investigated UFOs from 1948 to 1969 under a program eventually called Project Blue Book. The service, on its website, says the project concluded that “no UFO reported, investigated, and evaluated by the Air Force has ever given any indication of threat to our national security.” It also says there has been "no evidence that sightings categorized as 'unidentified' are extraterrestrial vehicles."

Salas said the UFO phenomenon “is real, not imaginary.”

“There is current excessive secrecy in our government surrounding this phenomenon,” he said.

A reporter asked how many of the former military personnel subscribed to Hastings’ theory that the message of extraterrestrials is that humans should get rid of nuclear weapons, and how many of them believed that we should get rid of nukes. Of the seven, it appeared that only Salas raised his hand.

lefty
09-28-2010, 08:27 AM
Go UFOs !!!!

lefty
09-28-2010, 08:42 AM
there was just a report on BBC news today that the UN was set to hire a woman as their designated human representative to greet and deal with extraterrestrial visitors if they ever should come. It was a fairly serious story and they had about a 2 minute bit on it. matter of fact I've found the story online.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/s...-visitors.html (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/space/8025832/UN-to-appoint-space-ambassador-to-greet-alien-visitors.html)

mrsmaalox
09-28-2010, 09:40 AM
"Three of the former Air Force officers – though they hadn’t seen the UFOs themselves - told reporters that UFOs hovering over silos around Montana’s Malmstrom Air Force Base in 1967 appeared to have temporarily deactivated some of the nuclear missiles."

.......huh?

Latarian Milton
09-28-2010, 09:55 AM
UFOs aren't so mysterious as most of you think tbh. i can also make one if the government gives me $ 1m of fund, only the worth of a small helicopter.

TDMVPDPOY
09-28-2010, 11:19 AM
if these clowns can come near a Nuke site and disarm it with just its presence in the proximity area, then we fail.....might as well wave the white flag and all become slaves...

ECM!!!

z0sa
09-28-2010, 11:44 AM
http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/gallery/30-jahre/gary-seven.jpg

pawe
09-28-2010, 11:58 AM
Id trust the UFO's judgement to shutdown the Nuclear reactors. They have a 15 billion year headstart over planet earth.

TDMVPDPOY
09-28-2010, 12:07 PM
lol the day mankind stop playin politics horseshit, and start puttin man into space again or inhabit one of the liveable planets then we are progressing somewhere. JUST send someone damn it, anyone!!

RandomGuy
09-28-2010, 02:37 PM
After leaving active duty Army as an intelligence analyst, I joined the reserves, and had an officer in my unit, also a reservist, who worked for the US Air Force as a civilian analyst.

At the end of a training exercise, we were kicking back in our little secure area, and the topic came up in casual conversation.

The officer lowered his voice and told us "About UFOs, there is something to it", but did not elaborate at all when pressed.

He did not strike me as the sort to make stuff up, and was definitely NOT joking.

Based on this, and the fact that a LOT of verifiable evidence of SOMETHING flying around that does not have the charactoristics of modern jets or natural objects, I have come to believe that some form of extraterrestrial possessing high technology craft has visited us.

Globally, too many credible people have independently given strikingly similar accounts and descriptions of various types of craft for me to discount them.

I do not make any assumptions about motive, form, or ultimate purpose, as the OP does though. Based on the accounts of craft seeming to probe nuclear weapons sites though, one has to wonder the purpose of such interest, peaceful or otherwise.

Sisk
09-28-2010, 02:47 PM
All of these recent events make me feel as if an announcement is going to be made in the near future regarding extraterrestrials. The UN appoints an ambassador for "potential" visitors and then all these military officers come out talking about past encounters. Interesting stuff.

4>0rings
09-28-2010, 02:50 PM
2012... people!!!

DarkReign
09-28-2010, 03:05 PM
I am going to get beaten for this...

I am not an astronomer, but this past week, on the night of the full moon, there was a light in the sky directly perpendicular to the horizon just below the (full) moon.

No big deal, its a star, right?

That was about 10:00PM EST. I come back outside for a smoke at about 12:30AM and the moon had (obviously) moved along its procession. Weird thing though? That light was still directly below the moon.

I thought that was odd and had never heard of a star or planet that would follow the moon's exact procession across the northern night sky.

It did that all night (I was playing Civ5), this incredibly bright object following the procession of the moon. It was never further or closer to the moon, it was equidistant (from my perspective, using a fixed point on my house) the entire time, too. Never veered, at all, just followed the moon's path perfectly.

Very, very odd.

Before the "it was a plane" argument, let me say the night was incredibly clear and live near Selfridge Air Force Base. I see fighters, bombers, helicopters, transits, commercial and private planes all day and night in the sky. This was FAR (or small) and moved incredibly slowly, slow enough to match the moon's movement across the night sky.

As it were, I was wondering if it might be a satellite or if there was a star scheduled to follow the moon's procession that night.

It was really odd and for a person like me who stares at the night sky pretty often, its something I have never seen before. Bottom line: it was weird enough to make me go get the only magnification object I own (binoculars) and even at that very low magnification, I can pretty much guarantee you that it wasnt a star, but again, Im no astronomer.

DarkReign
09-28-2010, 03:05 PM
BTW, I am buying a telescope. Thats twice in the 5 years Ive lived in that house that something in the night sky has caught my attention for hours on end.

mouse
09-28-2010, 04:56 PM
The UFO's are just curious how a planet can produce nuclear weapons and still claim they evolved from snails.

redzero
09-28-2010, 04:58 PM
The UFO's are just curious how a planet can produce nuclear weapons and still claim they evolved from snails.

As usual, you make absolutely no sense and don't even try to.

I'll just wait for your response in which you demonstrate that you have absolutely no understanding of evolution.

xellos88330
09-28-2010, 05:02 PM
the ufo's are just curious how a planet can produce nuclear weapons and still claim they evolved from snails.

zing!!!

DesignatedT
09-28-2010, 05:04 PM
I believe it.

mouse
09-28-2010, 05:18 PM
As usual, you make absolutely no sense and don't even try to.

Most people with small minds have the same reaction. I'm sure Thomas Edison had his ignorant hecklers along the way also.

I'll just wait for your response in which you demonstrate that you have absolutely no understanding of evolution.

And after knowing all this you still feel compelled to reply?

redzero
09-28-2010, 05:22 PM
Most people with small minds have the same reaction. I'm sure Thomas Edison had his ignorant hecklers along the way also.

:lol at you comparing yourself to Thomas Edison.

I don't remember Edison saying "evolution is when snails turn into humans durr."

Mouse again displaying his idiocy. Got to be consistent, right?

TDMVPDPOY
09-28-2010, 05:25 PM
the UN lmao is a joke ass organization anyway, as if aliens wanna talk to them clowns, they want to talk to the man with authority....i assume american president...anyone else is just a waste of space

MannyIsGod
09-28-2010, 05:33 PM
All of these recent events make me feel as if an announcement is going to be made in the near future regarding extraterrestrials. The UN appoints an ambassador for "potential" visitors and then all these military officers come out talking about past encounters. Interesting stuff.

I sometimes wonder about that as well. I also think that when you have shows that deal with first contact in popular culture that could be a way of getting people comfortable with the idea.

That being said I don't believe thats the case.

mouse
09-28-2010, 05:45 PM
:lol at you comparing yourself to Thomas Edison.

I don't remember Edison saying "evolution is when snails turn into humans durr."

Mouse again displaying his idiocy. Got to be consistent, right?

Debating with you is like trying to tell a midget with down syndrome he can't play for the Spurs.
No matter how many times I school your ass at this site your like the turd that won't flush you return for more. I really don't have the time or the beer at the moment to start the tidiest process.

But if you actually read a book or two you will see many believe in a big bang and after the earth cooled for two billion years very small organisms wiggled out of the liquid pools and life began a snail is one of those creatures.

You can't have man w/o snails dude its a fact. And if you don't understand i rather be talking to a snail i may make more progress.

redzero
09-28-2010, 06:02 PM
No matter how many times I school your ass at this site your like the turd that won't flush you return for more

Yeah, like that time you tried to discredit the Big Bang Theory by bringing up the fact that the one who coined the term was a science fiction writer--one who didn't actually believe in the big bang theory. Oh, never mind. You just made yourself look like a retard.

Or what about that time that you tried to prove that "evolutionists" have their own bible by posting a pic of The Charles Darwin Bible--a book that was written by somebody who didn't believe in evolution? Oh, never mind. You just made yourself look like a retard.

I really don't have the time or the beer at the moment to start the tidiest process

No, you'll just make a throw away comment that makes no sense and claim superiority.

But if you actually read a book or two you will see many believe in a big bang and after the earth cooled for two billion years very small organisms wiggled out of the liquid pools and life began a snail is one of those creatures.

I thought we were talking about evolution here. Why are you bringing up abiogenesis and the big bang theory?

You can't have man w/o snails dude its a fact.

No, actually going by your retarded statement, you said that one of the creatures was a snail, not all of them. Why did humans have to evolve from the snails and not one of the other creatures?

And if you don't understand i rather be talking to a snail i may make more progress.

Actually, you are just a moron who doesn't understand evolution and does not even attempt to understand it. You are on the internet, and yet you would rather post the same uniformed bullshit instead of taking five seconds to do a google search and actually learn something.

LnGrrrR
09-28-2010, 10:04 PM
Mouse is a living breathing strawman.

Wild Cobra
09-29-2010, 07:30 AM
"Three of the former Air Force officers – though they hadn’t seen the UFOs themselves - told reporters that UFOs hovering over silos around Montana’s Malmstrom Air Force Base in 1967 appeared to have temporarily deactivated some of the nuclear missiles."

.......huh?
I've heard this before. I assume they are trying to blame human error on something else.

I find it funny that they just complain about sightings around nukes. To my knowledge, sightings happen near most military bases. Not just nuke sites.