PDA

View Full Version : Dice talking about Splitter

ace3g
09-28-2010, 03:02 PM
McDyess on Splitter: "I was surprised with how fast he catches on. He catches on really fast and this isn't an easy system to do that."

silverblackfan
09-28-2010, 03:10 PM
:hungry:

DPG21920
09-28-2010, 03:12 PM
Dice also gushed about Ian, so I'm thinking he is just a nice guy.

polandprzem
09-28-2010, 03:15 PM
http://wilderdom.com/images/dice.gif

AlleyOopNazi
09-28-2010, 03:15 PM
hes also not an old dog

rayray2k8
09-28-2010, 03:57 PM
Interview with Tiago done by ticket 760's mav fan Mike Taylor

bzkHnovm8i8

slick'81
09-28-2010, 04:02 PM
lol tiago telling taylor hes not talking about the money

Sisk
09-28-2010, 04:18 PM
It took half way through the interview to get to basketball talk.

DJB
09-28-2010, 04:44 PM
What's with this fuck stick trying to start shit between Gino and Split?

DesignatedT
09-28-2010, 04:47 PM
Mike Taylor is a fucking idiot.

silverblk mystix
09-28-2010, 04:51 PM
Mavs fan douche bag Taylor trying to help out his mavs by starting shit between Tiago & Manu

mytespurs
09-28-2010, 04:58 PM
Is this the same guy who interviewed manu outside spurs practice a couple of years ago? I've seen it on youtube-always get a chuckle watching it.

celldweller
09-28-2010, 05:00 PM
Mike Taylor sure talks alot of shit on the radio for such a tiny dorky looking man!

#2!
09-28-2010, 05:00 PM
Mike Taylor may have been trying to help Tiago out by inserting the answers he wanted into the questions, but he ended up just making it a shitty interview.

Tiago's English may not be great right now, but if he's given half-joking/trifling questions then his responses will match. Mike Taylor should try being more professional instead of pitching underhanded and making himself and Tiago look stupid.

Brazil
09-28-2010, 05:02 PM
Dice also gushed about Ian, so I'm thinking he is just a nice guy.

AlleyOopNazi
09-28-2010, 05:04 PM
Its been 10 years since ive heard a decent sports show on the ticket. Whenever I am in town I try to listen, but I usually hear a tool overating the cowboys and dissing the spurs.

TDMVPDPOY
09-28-2010, 05:11 PM
stiffler, sterminator watever u wanna call him :D

spurs10
09-28-2010, 05:17 PM
Well said!!:toast

stéphane
09-28-2010, 05:40 PM
Terrible ITW by Taylor...

duncan228
09-28-2010, 05:44 PM
NBA PM (http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=17454)
By: Yannis Koutroupis
Hoopsworld

Splitter Excites Big Three: The San Antonio Spurs didn't have a noisy offseason like a lot of the other teams in the NBA. They were relatively quiet, with the signing of their 2007 first round pick Tiago Splitter being their biggest move. The signing of Splitter may not rank up there with the Bulls getting Carlos Boozer or the HEAT landing LeBron James, but it's helped greatly improve the optimism of the Spurs' big three of Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili and Tony Parker.

"I'm anxious to see what he can do," admitted Duncan to HOOPSWORLD. "I haven't played with him yet. He played for Brazil this summer so Coach Popovich kept him off the floor. He wanted to let his body heal for training camp. I've seen him on TV and I'm excited about it. People talk highly about him. Manu's seen him more up close than I have and he's excited too."

"It's great to add a new player that can play the game," agreed Ginobili. "He's got a big body and he speaks Spanish. We just have to be patient with him. We can't expect him to do crazy things from the beginning. He has to adjust to the league, new teammates, referees and Popovich. From what I know he's young, smart, plays hard and understands the game. He's not going to be doing 360s or no-look passes all the time, he's just a good player so he's going to help."

What could really help Splitter hit the ground running is being under the guidance of Duncan, the best power forward to ever play the game. Duncan has really taken to the mentor role over the past few years, but isn't expecting his new protégé to need a lot of teaching.

"I won't work with him at all," joked Duncan. "He's trying to take my job. I'm going to stay away from him. Seriously, though, he's played pro ball for a lot of years now. This isn't his first rodeo. He's got some experience under his belt. He has a lot to learn in our system, but all in all we're going to let him bring what he can to the table and let him grow along the way. "

Frustration is mounting for the big three due to not winning a championship since 2007. Not long ago winning it all was something they did every other year. Getting back to the top is their sole focus going into this season.

"We're hungry," noted Parker. "Everyone is rested. We have a better bench and our younger guys are going to be good. Splitter is ready to play. He won everything in Europe and he's coming here a little like Manu, with a lot of experience. That's why I like the balance of our team. I like our chances but 10 other teams feel the same way."

If Splitter's international success carries over to the NBA, the Spurs could end up being the best of those 10 teams, with a legitimate shot to dethrone the Los Angeles Lakers.

Erick_CSF
09-28-2010, 06:17 PM

bzkHnovm8i8

I hate to sound out of line, and I apologize for being negative, but This interview was terrible. His questions were that of like what an 11 year old would have come up with. This is your first ever interview with Tiago Splitter and those are what kind of questions you come up with? Wow! It almost seemed as though he just improved the questions on the spot and had no direction for the interview. The lighting and location was also terrible. If I was Tiago i would not offer him another interview later. Then the way he asked about Brazil and Argentina could have been in so much better taste. He was trying to make it funny but came out looking like a jerk. I like listening to Ticket 760, but that has got to be one of the all time worst interviews. "Boom goes the dynamite"

galvatron3000
09-28-2010, 07:23 PM
I hate to sound out of line, and I apologize for being negative, but This interview was terrible. His questions were that of like what an 11 year old would have come up with. This is your first ever interview with Tiago Splitter and those are what kind of questions you come up with? Wow! It almost seemed as though he just improved the questions on the spot and had no direction for the interview. The lighting and location was also terrible. If I was Tiago i would not offer him another interview later. Then the way he asked about Brazil and Argentina could have been in so much better taste. He was trying to make it funny but came out looking like a jerk. I like listening to Ticket 760, but that has got to be one of the all time worst interviews. "Boom goes the dynamite"

Worse interview EVER

bigfan
09-28-2010, 09:55 PM
I live in Dallas but SA is my hometown and Ive been a Spurs fan since the early 80's. That said, the SA imitation "Ticket" sucks donkey balls compared to the original Ticket here. Tiago will be just fine.

JR3
09-28-2010, 10:30 PM
Lame interview.. terrible questions. wow.

Juanobili
09-28-2010, 10:37 PM
Wow, I cringed throughout that interview

SplitterHook
09-28-2010, 11:06 PM
this guy is the worst interviewer ever, IMHO.

and that's counting people doing interviews for fansites in the internet... with webcams!

seriously.

SplitterHook
09-28-2010, 11:10 PM
If I was this dude I wouldn't publish this shit. Embarrassing.

tiago's best friend is Scola, an argentinian lol.

Scola even named his first son after Tiago.. But yeh, they hate eachother! :rollin

duncan228
09-29-2010, 01:55 PM
Tiago Splitter blending right in with San Antonio (http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/tiago-splitter-blending-right-in-with-san-antonio.php)
By Kurt Helin

Technically, Tiago Splitter is an NBA rookie. He should be getting donuts for the vets and carrying luggage.

But Splitter is a veteran of the top European league, he's been the best center on the continent for a couple years. He has played in world championships. Don't confuse him for some raw 19-year-old who sleepwalked through a year of college ball.

Just ask Antonio McDyess, the veteran whose minutes Splitter could take. The San Antonio News Express did just that (http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/tim_griffin/2010/09/mcdyess-prepared-for-different.html).

"He's really good," McDyess said. "He's really strong and posts up strong. He goes hard every play."

Many Spurs players struggle in early practices because of Coach Gregg Popovich's demanding offensive and defensive philosophy. But Splitter was a quick study, according to McDyess.

"He catches on quickly," McDyess said. "I was surprised how quickly he caught on. This is a tough system to learn and he was catching on."

Splitter is not walking in the door an All-Star, but he is walking in the door an upgrade at the five. He makes the Spurs better, and he'll make Tim Duncan better.

A lot of things have to go right for the Spurs to dethrone the Lakers. Pretty much everything for the Spurs and the Lakers need to take a step back. But Splitter at the five is one thing that can have people dreaming a little along the Riverwalk.

ace3g
09-29-2010, 03:02 PM
JMcDonald_SAEN Jeff McDonald
Splitter not in favor of NBA adopting Euro goaltending rules. "I think here people are more athletic, and it's easier to do that." #spurs

Mark in Austin
10-21-2010, 04:25 PM
A couple thoughts on Splitter from Gabe Muoneke's Blog (http://blogs.hoopshype.com/blogs/muoneke/) that I just came across while looking for the old story of Ime Udoka taking out a mess of people in a brawl after a Nigeria-Algeria game:

01/31/08:
I just can’t get over Tiago Splitter man! The kid is just very efficient. When you see him move, you think you can take him… And you just can’t. He is so damn confident and nothing deters him. And he does it all with the same face. No smiles, anger or elation… Just stone face. You just have no idea what he’s feeling. That, my friends, is a rare talent.

01/14/08:
Tiago Splitter is much better, bigger and stronger than I thought. Lucky San Antonio.

ace3g
10-21-2010, 06:27 PM
JMcDonald_SAEN Jeff McDonald
Headline from pregame: Pop not expecting Splitter to be available for season-opener. "He'll have to change my mind," Pop says

ShoogarBear
10-21-2010, 11:07 PM
McDyess on Splitter: "I was surprised with how fast he catches on. He catches on really fast and this isn't an easy system to do that."

He has apparently caught on to the fact that he gets paid whether he plays or not.

Stringer_Bell
10-22-2010, 03:25 AM

bzkHnovm8i8

First time seeing that interview, wish Tiago would've punched that guy in his gossip, shit-talking face.