PDA

View Full Version : As physical as it gets

Hook Dem
05-20-2005, 12:42 PM
I think the Spurs have weathered the physical aspect of the playoffs. Not saying it will be easy but it shouldn't get any more physical to the end. Have you ever seen so many goons? :lol

2centsworth
05-20-2005, 12:44 PM
I think the Spurs have weathered the physical aspect of the playoffs. Not saying it will be easy but it shouldn't get any more physical to the end. Have you ever seen so many goons? :lol
Physical is cool, because Detroit will be ultra physical. There are no teams as dirty as the Sonics.

samikeyp
05-20-2005, 12:45 PM
Detroit is pretty physical, if both teams meet up.

timvp
05-20-2005, 01:19 PM

It will be odd if the Spurs matchup with PHX because it's part of their philosophy not to foul. They think too many fouls slows down the game and in turn, negates their running game. So instead of a hard foul, they'll give you a layup so they can push it back up the court.

Should be interesting.

:hat

ladiesman
05-20-2005, 01:37 PM
Physical is cool, because Detroit will be ultra physical. There are no teams as dirty as the Sonics.

I agree with Phil Ivey.... Detroit is physical but not dirty.....

GrandeDavid
05-20-2005, 02:06 PM
The Spurs are definitely battle-tested now.

williemoonshine
05-20-2005, 02:10 PM
The Spurs are definitely battle-tested now.

I totally agree, there is no substitute for experience and adversity, as long as they arent battle worn.

MadDog73
05-20-2005, 02:14 PM
It will be odd if the Spurs matchup with PHX because it's part of their philosophy not to foul. They think too many fouls slows down the game and in turn, negates their running game. So instead of a hard foul, they'll give you a layup so they can push it back up the court.

Should be interesting.

:hat

Timvp, do you think a running game will hurt Duncan more than a half-court game?

I'm trying to decide if playing PHX right now could be the worse thing to happen to a beaten-up team. Maybe I'm just crashing from that Victory High....

kskonn
05-20-2005, 02:17 PM
Timvp, do you think a running game will hurt Duncan more than a half-court game?

I'm trying to decide if playing PHX right now could be the worse thing to happen to a beaten-up team. Maybe I'm just crashing from that Victory High....

spurs will not try to run with the suns. The spurs will have to count on the guards and Nazr to get back in transition D. Even then, i don't know that running is the hard part on the ankles, cutting on the ankles is probably much worse.

MadDog73
05-20-2005, 02:19 PM
spurs will not try to run with the suns. The spurs will have to count on the guards and Nazr to get back in transition D. Even then, i don't know that running is the hard part on the ankles, cutting on the ankles is probably much worse.

cool. I hope Tim's ankle and Manu's thigh aren't too serious.

Other than that, I have high hopes for the WCF! Go Spurs!

nkdlunch
05-20-2005, 02:33 PM
I doubt it'll get as physical as the Denver, Seattle series from now on.

timvp
05-20-2005, 05:23 PM

Denver was as much of a running team as PHX is. The Spurs are ready to play the defense they need to against the Suns. You have to get back on defense and no give up three-pointers. You do that and keep a body on Amare at all times, and you have a good chance.

Jimcs50
05-20-2005, 05:23 PM
testing

Rynospursfan
05-20-2005, 05:29 PM
Well put TimVP those are certainly the keys to victory against the Suns.