PDA

View Full Version : Lefty loon Alan Grayson

jack sommerset
09-29-2010, 09:58 AM
Grayson gets pushback for ‘Taliban Dan’ attack

U.S. Rep. Alan Grayson has compared Republicans to "Nazis," likened Dick Cheney to a vampire, and stated that Rush Limbaugh was "more lucid when he was a drug addict." So it's no surprise that the Florida Democrat is now lobbing insults at his current Republican challenger, Dan Webster.

But critics say that Grayson's latest ad labeling his opponent "Taliban Dan Webster" not only goes too far, but is misleading.

"Religious fanatics try to take away our freedom in Afghanistan, in Iran and right here in central Florida," the ad's narrator begins. The commercial then plays a clip of Webster stating, "wives submit yourself to your own husband" and "she should submit to me, that's in the Bible."

The ad then outlines several positions it claims Webster holds on issues related to women.

But the full text of Webster's "submit to me" comment shows a much different context.

Webster, the former state Senate majority leader, released a video of his complete comments in which he can be heard stating: "Don't pick the [Bible verses] that say, 'She should submit to me.'"

"Grayson's 'Taliban Dan' ad takes Webster's words out of context, twists meaning," reads a headline in the Orlando Sentinel, one of the congressman's hometown newspapers.

The nonpartisan, nonprofit FactCheck.org wrote of Grayson in its analysis: "He's using edited video to make his rival appear to be saying the opposite of what he really said."

Grayson spokesman Sam Drzymala told FactCheck that "the campaign interpreted Webster's remarks to mean that he believes wives should submit to their husbands."

The ad also claims Webster opposes abortion in cases of rape (something Webster has not denied

DarrinS
09-29-2010, 10:05 AM
You know you fucked up as a libturd when you get shredded by MSMBC.

OuiKuVi3YJo

boutons_deux
09-29-2010, 10:06 AM
Grayson has more balls than the rest of the Dems combined.

What's the problem? You don't like Dems pushing your shit and tactics back in your face?

jack sommerset
09-29-2010, 10:06 AM
This guy can't be serious.

clambake
09-29-2010, 10:08 AM
anyone named taliban dan shouldn't be allowed near ground zero.

DarrinS
09-29-2010, 10:10 AM

What's the problem? You don't like Dems pushing your shit and tactics back in your face?

I like that he thinks his base is so stupid that they wouldn't bust him on this ad.

clambake
09-29-2010, 10:12 AM
I like that he thinks his base is so stupid that they wouldn't bust him on this ad.

he knows dan better than you do.

he's trying to protect you from muzlums.

you, of all people, should be able to see that.

BlairForceDejuan
09-29-2010, 10:25 AM
It's extremists like this that make the democratic party far too unappealing to the independent voter.

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l0d90gqsMo1qbylvso1_250.gif

clambake
09-29-2010, 10:26 AM
yup, independent voters prefer witches.

BlairForceDejuan
09-29-2010, 10:27 AM
yup, independent voters prefer witches.

A witch is different than any other religious person how?

clambake
09-29-2010, 10:29 AM
why are you playin the god card?

SnakeBoy
09-29-2010, 10:38 AM
why are you playin the god card?

Why are you a witchaphobe?

clambake
09-29-2010, 10:39 AM
Why are you a witchaphobe?

i loved bewitched.

Drachen
09-29-2010, 10:41 AM
This is idiotic and makes it difficult to take anything this man says seriously.

Stringer_Bell
09-29-2010, 11:24 AM
Grayson has a habit of talking a lot of shit and making outrageous comments during legislative sessions. He knows his audience, they will vote...otherwise no one in the right mind would put their name in connection with such a crappy ad.

As far as I can tell, the only thing Taliban Dan and the actual Taliban have in common will probably be for a come from behind victory.

Winehole23
09-29-2010, 12:55 PM
http://www.sunshinestatenews.com/print/1412306

jack sommerset
09-29-2010, 02:44 PM
This is idiotic and makes it difficult to take anything this man says seriously.

It didn't start with this ad. My favorite is "Republicans want you to die" and he had signs to show all of congress durning that speech.

boutons_deux
09-29-2010, 02:54 PM
"Taliban Dan" likes stoning as punishment for all kinds of stuff, plus installing the Bible as the governing US document, how very "Christian" sharia of him. :lol

"That vision included instituting stoning as a form of capital punishment for rape, kidnapping, murder, heresy, blasphemy, witchcraft, astrology, adultery, “sodomy or homosexuality,” incest, striking a parent, extreme juvenile delinquency, and “unchastity before marriage.”

Daniel Webster’s association with Bill Gothard’s Institute For Basic Life Training has continued into the present, and a speech Webster made at a Nashville IBLP conference in 2009 has now become a source of controversy due to a new Alan Grayson campaign ad. Grayson is currently taking a media drubbing because of an ad campaign ad that calls Grayson’s political opponent, Republican Daniel Webster, “Taliban Dan.”

An assessment from Factcheck.org, a project of the Annenberg Public Policy Center, that a new Grayson campaign ad attacking Grayson’s political opponent, Republican Daniel Webster, for allegedly taking out of context statements Webster made in a speech at a 2009 conference of a religious organization called the “Institute of Basic Life Principles.”

Die-hard religious right researchers at ReligionDispatches.org are challenging Factcheck.org’s immediate charge, and Religion Dispatches editor Sarah Posner calls out Factcheck.org for blandly describing Bill Gothard’s IBLP as a ”non-denominational Christian organization that runs programs and training sessions.”

Many across the political spectrum appear appalled by the Grayson campaign’s “Taliban” label but Daniel Webster’s nearly three-decade long, intimate involvement with the Bill Gothard and the Institute For Basic Life Principles suggests that the label may be less than hyperbolic."

http://blogs.alternet.org/speakeasy/2010/09/29/alan-graysons-fl-republican-opponent-tied-to-biblical-stoning-movement-aka-christian-reconstructionism/?utm_source=feedblitz&utm_medium=FeedBlitzRss&utm_campaign=alternet#

Webster is just another extreme fringe "Christian" full of made-up "Christian" bullshit.

And Grayson is the looney one? :lol

Wild Cobra
09-29-2010, 08:25 PM

Yep.

It takes balls to slander and lie, get caught, and lie again saying he wasn't wrong.

I'll bet you like sucking his dick.

Stringer_Bell
09-30-2010, 01:04 AM
Grayson is trailing by 7 points. What a dumb fuck, his ad spurred more interest in his opponent and apparently people like what his opponent has to say.

The best politics is self-politics. Democrat Fail.