PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy dilemma

Korny Earl
09-29-2010, 03:02 PM
I have Peyton Manning and Michael Vick.. who would you start this week.. I know one is a safe bet but the other is a phenom firecracker. Any advice or opinions?

MannyIsGod
09-29-2010, 03:20 PM
Manning.

MannyIsGod
09-29-2010, 03:21 PM
I would not bench Manning for any QB in this league in any matchup.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
09-29-2010, 03:33 PM
At this point, Vick shouldn't be on your roster.

Trade him.

J.T.
09-29-2010, 03:48 PM
At this point, Vick shouldn't be on your roster.

Trade him.

My other QBs being Favre and Orton, do you think trading Vick is a safe move for my team? I could maybe use a top shelf RB but I know I won't get AP, Johnson or MJD straight up for Vick and don't really want to part with anyone else on my team. I'm probably going to wait until Favre has trade bait potential when Sidney Rice comes back and move him for someone to help me make a late season push. I should be in good shape for the next few weeks since the next two guys I'm up against have at least 3 starters on bye.

Blake
09-29-2010, 03:58 PM
My other QBs being Favre and Orton, do you think trading Vick is a safe move for my team? I could maybe use a top shelf RB but I know I won't get AP, Johnson or MJD straight up for Vick and don't really want to part with anyone else on my team. I'm probably going to wait until Favre has trade bait potential when Sidney Rice comes back and move him for someone to help me make a late season push. I should be in good shape for the next few weeks since the next two guys I'm up against have at least 3 starters on bye.

Favre will have no trade bait potential this year, with or without Rice.

who are your current RBs?

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
09-29-2010, 04:06 PM
All depends on what you can land in the deal and how you think Vick will play from here on out.

Vick's value will never be higher and if he holds true to form, it will only go down. He's in a stretch right now where he'll have played three of the worst passing defenses in his first three starts.

gaKNOW!blee
09-29-2010, 04:18 PM

MJD is off to a slow start....he might just be available.

MannyIsGod
09-29-2010, 04:33 PM
I wouldn't trade Vick with Favre as my backup QB. Orton is pretty much just as bad.

I HAVE Favre as my QB in my only team and I was lucky enough to snag Vick. I can't trade Vick and feel comfortable.

sa_butta
09-29-2010, 04:43 PM
1. Manning
2. Vick
3. Favre

Favre is just too unpredictable and not consitant...he could get you 300 yards and 3 Tds or 3 Ints.

J.T.
09-29-2010, 05:05 PM
Favre will have no trade bait potential this year, with or without Rice.

who are your current RBs?

i got the jackson family at rb, steven and brandon. took ryan grant with my 1st rounder and got half a game out of him. lol injured reserve. got benjarvus green-ellis this morning after no one put in a claim for him. i don't think steven jackson's injury is going to slow him down much but i could trade for someone better than brandon jackson and then i'd have a pretty solid rb rotation

my wr rotation is stacked to the roof right now but that's only if austin collie keeps putting up pro bowler numbers. with the colts wr corps battling some injuries and peyton manning throwing him the ball it should last a few more weeks before leveling out.

favre's probably going to be a casualty of me needing to sub a kicker for nick folk's bye.

Blake
09-29-2010, 05:05 PM
MJD is off to a slow start....he might just be available.

I dont see MJD getting out of his funk and will probably be a let down for the majority of the season.

I'd rather go after someone like Mendenhall.

Blake
09-29-2010, 05:17 PM
i got the jackson family at rb, steven and brandon. took ryan grant with my 1st rounder and got half a game out of him. lol injured reserve. got benjarvus green-ellis this morning after no one put in a claim for him. i don't think steven jackson's injury is going to slow him down much but i could trade for someone better than brandon jackson and then i'd have a pretty solid rb rotation

my wr rotation is stacked to the roof right now but that's only if austin collie keeps putting up pro bowler numbers. with the colts wr corps battling some injuries and peyton manning throwing him the ball it should last a few more weeks before leveling out.

favre's probably going to be a casualty of me needing to sub a kicker for nick folk's bye.

That's tough.

Maybe you could get Mendenhall, Benson (knee) or squeeze out a Gore for him and then play Orton or Favre depending on matchups.

I dunno. If you are 2-1, I'd probably just ride Vick out if I were you. In a 18 team league I'm in, I picked up Forsett and I'm feeling good about his chances to get a buck + 6 this weekend.

Blake
09-29-2010, 05:18 PM

seriously?

you can't drop Folk?

J.T.
09-29-2010, 05:22 PM
seriously?

you can't drop Folk?

:lmao

well maybe a d/st sub then. at this point he's the 3rd qb on my depth chart and i wasn't really holding out for a big trade by keeping him, just an upgrade to one of my subs later on. idk, at this point he's either going to be cut from my team for a bye week sub or cut if someone decent shows up on waivers.

J.T.
09-29-2010, 05:25 PM
my bottom shelf wr has 10 more fantasy points than favre if that puts my opinion on his value to my team in perspective

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-29-2010, 05:25 PM
Speaking of Folk, I dropped Jay Feeley because the Cardinals offense sucks, and I picked up Vinateri (it was down to him or Folk). Should I have picked up Folk or was Vinateri the right choice?

Blake
09-29-2010, 05:31 PM
Speaking of Folk, I dropped Jay Feeley because the Cardinals offense sucks, and I picked up Vinateri (it was down to him or Folk). Should I have picked up Folk or was Vinateri the right choice?

eh. yeah, I guess Vinateri is on the better offense, but I think any starting kicker is interchangable.

Jason Hansen has helped me get through some bye weeks and beyond.

Kicker is ALWAYS the last player I take in drafts that force us to pick every position.

I lmao at guys taking Garret Hartley in the 7th round.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-29-2010, 05:35 PM
Yeah for some reason half the guys in my league were taking kickers before the last round, idk what's so hard about knowing that there's never a kicker worthy of a pick before the last round. I remember in my auction draft people were actually bidding for Hartley.

Blake
09-29-2010, 05:43 PM
Yeah for some reason half the guys in my league were taking kickers before the last round, idk what's so hard about knowing that there's never a kicker worthy of a pick before the last round. I remember in my auction draft people were actually bidding for Hartley.

Watching Hartley get negative points in week 1 and miss the 29 yarder in week 3 was awesome. :lol

dirk4mvp
09-29-2010, 07:45 PM
I dont see MJD getting out of his funk and will probably be a let down for the majority of the season.

I'd rather go after someone like Mendenhall.

Well scro, MJD is that nigga, and there's nothing like a dose of Colts' run D to cure any ailment.

Korny Earl
09-29-2010, 09:20 PM
K Im going to start Manning then keep Vick till Mannings BYE is over then trade em if hes still worth anything.

Blake
09-30-2010, 08:48 AM
Well scro, MJD is that nigga, and there's nothing like a dose of Colts' run D to cure any ailment.

maybe for 1 week but Garrard has been playing too crappy not to try to stack the line. Edwards won't be any better.

LnGrrrR
09-30-2010, 04:00 PM
I would not bench Manning for any QB in this league in any matchup.

This.

LnGrrrR
09-30-2010, 04:01 PM
I've got Vick too... but I'm debating starting him or the Sanchize, who's had two good weeks. (I'm in a two-QB starter league, obviously.)

Blake
10-04-2010, 11:09 AM
don't start Vick this week

BlackSwordsMan
10-04-2010, 12:24 PM
but he's top dog

Korny Earl
10-04-2010, 09:29 PM
Started Manning but benched T.O.
:bang