PDA

View Full Version : Planet is most Earthlike yet found

phyzik
09-29-2010, 06:42 PM
http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,2022489,00.html?hpt=T2

Found: An Earthlike Planet at Last

The star known as Gliese 581 is utterly unremarkable in just about every way you can imagine. It's a red dwarf, the most common type of star in the Milky Way, weighing in at about a third the mass of the Sun. At 20 light years or so away, it's relatively nearby, but not close enough to set any records (it's the 117th closest star to Earth, for what that's worth). You can't even see it without a telescope, so while it lies in direction of Libra, it isn't one of the shining dots you'd connect to form the constellation. It's no wonder that the star's name lacks even a whiff of mystery or romance.

But Gliese 581 does have one distinction — and that's enough to make it the focus of intense scientific attention. At last count, astronomers had identified more than 400 planets orbiting stars beyond the Sun, and Gliese 581 was host to no fewer than four of them — the most populous solar system we know of, aside than our own. That alone would make the star intriguing. But on Wednesday, a team of astronomers announced they'd found two more planets circling the star, bringing the total to six. And one of them, assigned the name Gliese 581g, may be of truly historic significance.
(See an illustrated history of Planet Earth.)

For one thing, the planet is only about three or four times as massive as our home world, meaning it probably has a solid surface just like Earth. Much more important, it sits smack in the middle of the so-called habitable zone, orbiting at just the right distance from the star to let water remain liquid rather than freezing solid or boiling away. As far as we know, that's a minimum requirement for the presence of life. For thousands of years, philosophers and scientists have wondered whether other Earths existed out in the cosmos. And since the first, very un-Eearthlike extrasolar planet was discovered in 1995, astronomers have been inching closer to answering that question. Now, they've evidently succeeded (although to be clear, there's no way at this point to determine whether there actually is life on the new planet).

"We're pretty excited about it," admits Steve Vogt, of the University of California, Santa Cruz, a member of the team, in a masterpiece of understatement. "I think this is what everyone's been after for the past 15 years."

Planetary scientist James Kasting, of Penn State University, who wasn't involved with the discovery, agrees. "I think they've scooped the Kepler people," he says. Kasting refers to the Kepler space telescope, launched into space early last year on a mission to determine how common Earthlike planets might be. The "Kepler people" have a number of candidate Earths in the can, but are still working to confirm them.

Being first isn't the main reason Vogt is excited, however. "Someone had to be first," he says. "But this is right next door to us. That's the big result." What's particularly big about it is a matter of simple arithmetic. With only 116 stars closer to Earth than this one, it was hardly a sure thing that so small a sample group would produce two habitable planets, including Earth. And two such planets may be an undercount, Vogt says, since just nine out of those 100-plus stars have been studied in any detail. Indeed, one of Gliese 581g's sister planets, known as Gliese 581d (OK, they truly don't put a lot of creative energy into naming these things) could conceivably be a habitable world itself.

One of the four planets known to orbit Gliese 581 before the latest discovery, 581d was found by a team of Swiss astronomers in 2007 and was thought to be outside the habitable zone, and thus too cold for liquid water. But a reanalysis last year brought it into the zone, albeit just barely. The problem is, Gliese 581d is also too big to be Earthlike; it's probably made mostly of nonwater ice, like Neptune and Uranus, which makes a poorer candidate for life than 581g.

Lost in the excitement over possible life on the new world is what a remarkable achievement its mere discovery was. Detecting a planet this small is monstrously hard—and would have been impossible when Vogt and co-discoverer Paul Butler, of the Carnegie Institution of Washington first got into the planet-hunting game in the early 1990s. The instruments you use to detect tiny back-and-forth motions in the star — motions caused by the orbiting planet's gravitational tugs, which are often the only way to infer that the worlds exist at all—simply weren't sensitive enough. Since then, though, says Vogt, "I've been busting my gut to improve the instruments, and Paul has been busting his got to do the observations." In all, those observations span more than 200 nights on the giant Keck I telescope in Hawaii over 11 years, supplemented by observations from the Geneva group — and that painstaking work finally confirmed 581g's existence.

None of this proves that there actually is water on Gliese 581g. "Those are things we just have to speculate about," says Vogt. But he goes on to point out that there's water pretty much everywhere else you look. "There's water on Earth," he says, "and on the Moon, and Mars, and on Jupiter's moon Europa and Saturn's moon Enceladus, and in interstellar space. There's enough water produced in the Orion Nebula every 24 seconds to fill the Earth's oceans."

It's not hard to imagine, in other words, that Gliese 581g might have plenty of water as well. "It could have quite a good ocean," Vogt says. Certainly, it could still be a sterile, non-biological ocean. But unlike any planet found until now, there's nothing to rule out the idea that could also be teeming with life.

redzero
09-29-2010, 06:58 PM
Oh boy, here we go.

FalleNxWiZarDx
09-29-2010, 07:20 PM
As humans we first need world peace in this planet before we can explorer whats out there...

As one, we can work on building spaceships instead of military weapons

benefactor
09-29-2010, 07:25 PM
:jack

4>0rings
09-29-2010, 08:11 PM
As humans we first need world peace in this planet before we can explorer whats out there...

Then what happens when we come across something that wishes to do humanity wrong, throw love at them?

silverblk mystix
09-29-2010, 09:15 PM
I thought you were in jail.

Wild Cobra
09-29-2010, 09:35 PM
This is a cool find. I wonder how long until we launch a probe to one of these planets in the habitable zone?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/94/Habitable_zone-en.svg/500px-Habitable_zone-en.svg.png

tlongII
09-29-2010, 09:40 PM
Fascinating discovery. I've long been convinced that we'll eventually find extraterrestrial life. I just hope it happens during my lifetime.

ALVAREZ6
09-29-2010, 09:51 PM
Awesome. Very relevant article for me since I've taken 2 astronomy courses before, one freshman and one sophomore year. It'd be awesome if they eventually find many more similarities, and if it indeed does have an ocean with life on the planet.

CubanSucks
09-29-2010, 10:22 PM

:lmao Yeah dude!

mouse
09-29-2010, 10:47 PM
Fascinating discovery. I've long been convinced that we'll eventually find extraterrestrial life. I just hope it happens during my lifetime.

And then you find out they didn't "evolve" and think Darwin is full of shit what then?

tlongII
09-29-2010, 10:52 PM
And then you find out they didn't "evolve" and think Darwin is full of shit what then?

There is a much higher probability of the opposite.

Latarian Milton
09-29-2010, 10:59 PM
fictional story but ain't any more realistic than superman tbh. i firmly believe the morons will finally step onto the mysterious planet on day but they will find nothing there but stones and ashes.

LoneStarState'sPride
09-29-2010, 11:08 PM

yeah..........ok.

mouse
09-29-2010, 11:13 PM

That still doesn't answer my question. Your Darwin worshipers fucked up now when they find out there is new life and they can prove the solar system is not 4 billion years old it blows up your big bang theory, not to mention if they are a result of intelligent design your world comes crashing down.

On one hand you guys have it all figured out, oops! we found new life!
now you want to change the rules? fuck all of you I hope this new world laughs at your ignorant Darwin monkey to man ass's :lmao

tlongII
09-29-2010, 11:22 PM
That still doesn't answer my question. Your Darwin worshipers fucked up now when they find out there is new life and they can prove the solar system is not 4 billion years old it blows up your big bang theory, not to mention if they are a result of intelligent design your world comes crashing down.

now you want to change the rules? fuck all of you I hope this new world laughs at your ignorant Darwin monkey to man ass's :lmao

What is your question? When extraterrestrial life is eventually found we'll discover that it has evolved in new and wondrous ways. It will be the final validation of Darwin's theory.

mouse
09-29-2010, 11:31 PM
What is your question? When extraterrestrial life is eventually found we'll discover that it has evolved in new and wondrous ways. It will be the final validation of Darwin's theory.

Your so full of shit. You haven't even seen or spoken to this new life and you want us to believe they evolved from a frog? I suppose if they prove they are a result of intelligent design and say we are also you will call them bible thumper's and move to the next planet?

you guys crack me up. :lmao

redzero
09-30-2010, 12:37 AM
It's like mouse deliberately tries to be wrong every time he talks about evolution.

mouse
09-30-2010, 12:56 AM
It's like mouse deliberately tries to be wrong every time he talks about evolution.

Your the one who is fucked here you have no choice but to agree with me or look like an idiot like the others. But your ego will get in the way and you will go down with the Ship of fools rather than give me my props or at least say I make a point, (a common thing during debates) a heads up. You can win a debate even though you agree with some points the other one makes.

By being one sided you show your bias and thus your debate has an agenda and your not here to learn your here to belittle others who don't conform to your way of thinking it shows you have no character and you lack talent.

Also others can see you for what you are and how you think.

so make the right choice my friend....

Xevious
09-30-2010, 01:03 AM
Your so full of shit. You haven't even seen or spoken to this new life and you want us to believe they evolved from a frog? I suppose if they prove they are a result of intelligent design and say we are also you will call them bible thumper's and move to the next planet?

you guys crack me up. :lmao
Dude... WTF are you talking about? How would finding new life invalidate Darwin or prove "intelligent design"?

Back to the original post... pretty cool, but not surprising. With billions of stars out there, odds are there are many planets with similar Earth-like conditions. It's just a matter of actually being able to find them. Count me in the bunch that firmly believes there is life outside our solar system.

redzero
09-30-2010, 01:31 AM
Your the one who is fucked here you have no choice but to agree with me or look like an idiot like the others. But your ego will get in the way and you will go down with the Ship of fools rather than give me my props or at least say I make a point, (a common thing during debates) a heads up. You can win a debate even though you agree with some points the other one makes.

By being one sided you show your bias and thus your debate has an agenda and your not here to learn your here to belittle others who don't conform to your way of thinking it shows you have no character and you lack talent.

Also others can see you for what you are and how you think.

so make the right choice my friend....

1.) I'm not your friend.
2.) There is absolutely no point in rebutting your points, because you will disappear like you always do.

ALVAREZ6
09-30-2010, 01:34 AM
:lol

I'm confused...finding extraterrestrial life does NOT decrease the likelihood of evolution being true...as tlong said it does do the opposite.

And it looks like it's 4-1 in this thread...

redzero
09-30-2010, 01:43 AM

I'm confused...finding extraterrestrial life does NOT decrease the likelihood of evolution being true...as tlong said it does do the opposite.

And it looks like it's 4-1 in this thread...

This is what mouse does: make retarded assertions then disappear when he is owned. He's got to be trolling because nobody can be this ignorant.

LoneStarState'sPride
09-30-2010, 01:47 AM
How would the discovery of extraterrestrial life prove EITHER darwin's theory or intelligent design?

Realize we're talking about something that has not been "discovered" and MAY not even exist. For either side to claim something that hasn't happened as validation of their beliefs is tomfoolery at it's finest.

ALVAREZ6
09-30-2010, 01:52 AM
This is what mouse does: make retarded assertions then disappear when he is owned. He's got to be trolling because nobody can be this ignorant.

Well I really hope the bold part can one day be more realistic...but unfortunately the vast majority of the US is very ignorant (of course there's extreme ignorance on multiple levels basically everywhere, but I'm only speaking for the country I've spent my life).

I'm not trying to elevate anything here, sort of bending the topic and saying that people in general need to do more free-thinking. There's way too many people that really don't know shit about anything. And again, not really just religion.

TDMVPDPOY
09-30-2010, 01:58 AM
how about sendin ppl there now instead of talkin shit?

ALVAREZ6
09-30-2010, 01:58 AM
How would the discovery of extraterrestrial life prove EITHER darwin's theory or intelligent design?

Realize we're talking about something that has not been "discovered" and MAY not even exist. For either side to claim something that hasn't happened as validation of their beliefs is tomfoolery at it's finest.

I'm not entirely sure but I don't think anyone said "prove"...No shit these possible results don't prove either one. But the more we find, the more they may lead us to believe one theory has higher probability of being true.

Of course, Christians or religious people in general would never approve of the above statement unless that evidence is for their religion, since no matter what we discover in the future, they can always say, "so what, that was God's creation too, who cares if it's never mentioned anywhere, ever".

And regardless of whether or not we eventually find life on this planet, statistically speaking it's going to happen sooner or later. It may be hundreds of years, but eventually it will happen.

I'm just really interested in this future I'm speaking of, really makes me want to be immortal so I don't miss out on some huge discoveries.

ALVAREZ6
09-30-2010, 02:00 AM

lol I hope you're trolling.

This is not even close to being feasible.

DarkReign
09-30-2010, 09:36 AM

Dont you think it prudent to do an extensive study of your interstellar destination before sending a probe?

Pretend for a moment that a planet 20 light years away was even possible to reach and ask the above the question, scientific advancements in travel notwithstanding.

MaNuMaNiAc
09-30-2010, 09:50 AM
WTF are you going on about now mouse!?

Cry Havoc
09-30-2010, 09:55 AM
Pretty amazing. i think it's only a matter of time before we find a planet that has a climate that's somewhat similar to our own.

tlongII
09-30-2010, 10:00 AM

If life is discovered on another planet and it is unlike life on earth I believe it would validate evolution provided it includes advanced species. If evolution were a falsehood then all extraterrestrial life would be exactly like life on earth.

Blake
09-30-2010, 10:29 AM

at a very basic level? maybe.

intelligent life as we know it? nope.

Blake
09-30-2010, 10:32 AM

will Jesus have to die for the people on that new world too?

I guess it's possible.

TDMVPDPOY
09-30-2010, 10:41 AM
they say half of the planet is cold cause the planet doesnt rotate like the earth, while the half facing the sun is hot...so the only place inhabitant is where the darkness meets the light....

then again puttin some clowns to sleep on a probe for 20 light years = 80 yrs.....u can still do it...then again they need to sustain food on the probe to live that long, unless they pull a man vs wild bs and start eating their own shit.

dickface
09-30-2010, 11:09 AM
they say half of the planet is cold cause the planet doesnt rotate like the earth, while the half facing the sun is hot...so the only place inhabitant is where the darkness meets the light....

then again puttin some clowns to sleep on a probe for 20 light years = 80 yrs.....u can still do it...then again they need to sustain food on the probe to live that long, unless they pull a man vs wild bs and start eating their own shit.

what the fuck are you talking about?

Drachen
09-30-2010, 11:27 AM

How do you figure that 20 LY = 80 years? Have we figured out a propulsion system which can travel at 46500 miles per second, and last for an extremely long time?

ALVAREZ6
09-30-2010, 11:35 AM

LMAO, after rereading this again today I had to quote it because I can't get over how retarded it is.

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Makes zero sense.

rjv
09-30-2010, 11:39 AM
i'm still wondering it we'll find signs of intelligent life on this planet

BlairForceDejuan
09-30-2010, 11:39 AM
in b4 we find another earth-like planet that has pyramids on it already

http://i40.tinypic.com/9bheg1.gif

TDMVPDPOY
09-30-2010, 01:07 PM
LMAO, after rereading this again today I had to quote it because I can't get over how retarded it is.

Makes zero sense.

lol my mistake...keep on gettin it mixed up light year = leap year hahahaha

whats the chances of sending another man up to the moon or anywhere in space besides the international space station as compared to sending a man into the unknowns of our oceans still undiscovered, then again there are still parts of the world like rain forests man still hasnt explored into

Phenomanul
09-30-2010, 01:25 PM
Too bad it wasn't a red giant... There's a Krypton out there waiting to give us a super-hero...

mouse
09-30-2010, 01:28 PM

Makes zero sense.

When the computer mouse was first introduced Xerox laughed at it and thought it was retarded as well. Just because you and your inbred pals in this topic don't have the mental capability to understand the complexities of life on other planets is no excuse for you to behave in such a childish manor.

You all are new to this subject and are just spewing what ever thoughts pop into your dusty heads. I on the other hand have been thinking about life on other planets since childhood, my mind has been marinating in the juice of extraterrestrials possibilities of this topic, this is not new to me and it shows in my postings.

(1) I never claimed I support creation so keep your Bible bashing smack talk for the Angel_luv's and bigZax's of the forum.

(2) I pointed out if another planet with new life forms have records of their existence and it does not include Evolution you Darwin lovers are fucked.

(3) Just because there is life on another planet does not mean their bodies are composed of the same matter are bodies are made up of, they could be 80% silicon and 20% other matter. What monkey or ape are you going to link them to?

That type of discussion is not something you find in the club, is it due to the low educated posters, or are Spur fans in general just don't have the brain matter to absorb topics beyond the usual "what's your favorite burger" topics?

Either way I am not going to try and educate a topic full of redZero wannabees who can't even explain how Stonehenge was built and want to engage in a conversation about life on other planets.

I would rather try to teach a vegetarian how to butcher a cow.

lefty
09-30-2010, 01:30 PM
i'm still wondering it we'll find signs of intelligent life on this planet
We have yet to find any on our own planet.

Blake
09-30-2010, 01:39 PM
We have yet to find any on our own planet.

I'm betting that's what he meant

as in i'm still wondering it we'll find signs of intelligent life on this messageboard

z0sa
09-30-2010, 01:44 PM
will Jesus have to die for the people on that new world too?

I guess it's possible.

There's an interesting Star Trek: TOS episode concerning how many intelligent yet primitive beings from other planets go through similar religious/imperial cycles concerning Rome/Christianity.

I am very excited about such a find. If many earth like planets exist in this galaxy, then we are very fortunate and I would venture that we are definitely not the sole intelligent life in this galaxy. However, I am still skeptical about the commonality of such planets. If few exist, I find it hard to believe life exists here; in other galaxies, sure, but how do we reach something so far? Even at much faster than light speeds neighboring galaxies could be hundreds of years of travel away.

Of course, there's always the possibility of different life forms than we are accustomed - based not on carbon, but something else.

mouse
09-30-2010, 01:46 PM
i'm still wondering it we'll find signs of intelligent life on this messageboard

The possibilities are very slim as long as people like yourself still think a few fires brought down TWC and Building 7

BadOdor
09-30-2010, 01:51 PM
There's an interesting Star Trek: TOS episode concerning how many intelligent yet primitive beings from other planets go through similar religious/imperial cycles concerning Rome/Christianity.

I am very excited about such a find. If many earth like planets exist in this galaxy, then we are very fortunate and I would venture that we are definitely not the sole intelligent life in this galaxy. However, I am still skeptical about the commonality of such planets. If few exist, I find it hard to believe life exists here; in other galaxies, sure, but how do we reach something so far? Even at much faster than light speeds neighboring galaxies could be hundreds of years of travel away.

Of course, there's always the possibility of different life forms than we are accustomed - based not on carbon, but something else.

Crofl creationist trying to talk science.

It's adorable.

BadOdor
09-30-2010, 01:53 PM
The possibilities are very slim as long as people like yourself still think a few fires brought down TWC and Building 7

What do you think really happened?

z0sa
09-30-2010, 01:55 PM
Your fixation on and enjoyment of violent death isn't so adorable.

redzero
09-30-2010, 01:59 PM

mouse is an expert on thermodynamics or whatever it is that makes him claim to know how the structure of buildings react to fires.

Blake
09-30-2010, 02:28 PM

Youtube!

mouse
09-30-2010, 02:35 PM

Thermite

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/RTM-322/blind-assholes.jpg

redzero
09-30-2010, 02:37 PM
Thermite

Well, there we have it. Just email this to everybody in the country and then this entire 9/11 conspiracy thing can be put to rest.

Blake
09-30-2010, 02:44 PM
Thermite

lmao at photobucket....../RackTheMouse/...../blindassholes.jpg

Drachen
09-30-2010, 02:53 PM
When the computer mouse was first introduced Xerox laughed at it and thought it was retarded as well. Just because you and your inbred pals in this topic don't have the mental capability to understand the complexities of life on other planets is no excuse for you to behave in such a childish manor.

You all are new to this subject and are just spewing what ever thoughts pop into your dusty heads. I on the other hand have been thinking about life on other planets since childhood, my mind has been marinating in the juice of extraterrestrials possibilities of this topic, this is not new to me and it shows in my postings.

(1) I never claimed I support creation so keep your Bible bashing smack talk for the Angel_luv's and bigZax's of the forum.

(2) I pointed out if another planet with new life forms have records of their existence and it does not include Evolution you Darwin lovers are fucked.

(3) Just because there is life on another planet does not mean their bodies are composed of the same matter are bodies are made up of, they could be 80% silicon and 20% other matter. What monkey or ape are you going to link them to?

That type of discussion is not something you find in the club, is it due to the low educated posters, or are Spur fans in general just don't have the brain matter to absorb topics beyond the usual "what's your favorite burger" topics?

Either way I am not going to try and educate a topic full of redZero wannabees who can't even explain how Stonehenge was built and want to engage in a conversation about life on other planets.

I would rather try to teach a vegetarian how to butcher a cow.

Do you completely miss the point of evolution? Why would you think that you would have similar evolutionary chains on a completely different planet? (Or why would you think that we would think that there would be a similar evolutionary chain to ours on a completely different planet?)

mouse
09-30-2010, 03:08 PM
Do you completely miss the point of evolution?

Macro or micro?

Why would you think that you would have similar evolutionary chains on a completely different planet?

If you read correctly i said you wouldn't have "similar" body types. Thus Darwin's evolution fantasy would be worthless. (as it is today)

as mentioned in my quote.

(Or why would you think that we would think that there would be a similar evolutionary chain to ours on a completely different planet?)

maybe you interpreted my post wrong, my point was if there is life on another planet and they are made up of different organisms as humans and they have proof they are a result of some sort of intelligent design it blows away all the Darwin talk.

You can't have it both ways you can't come in here and preach Science and tell me the earth is 4 billion years old when you don't have all the facts if you did you would have mentioned other life forms. Also you can't say man evolved from a turtle, and then when life is discovered on another planet try to explain it away as if your theories apply to the other life forms, you guys are backpedaling and life on another planet will expose Darwin's lies and your ignorance.

redzero
09-30-2010, 03:13 PM
maybe you interpreted my post wrong, my point was if there is life on another planet and they are made up of different organisms as humans and they have proof they are a result of some sort of intelligent design it blows away all the Darwin talk.

Okay, and what if there was evidence that they evolved? Why are we talking about hypothetical scenarios now? Your point is pointless.

mouse
09-30-2010, 03:17 PM
Okay, and what if there was evidence that they evolved? .

Then I would accept it, Just as I would if you had had evidence,

so show me.

redzero
09-30-2010, 03:25 PM

so show me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution
http://www.newscientist.com/topic/evolution
http://science.howstuffworks.com/env.../evolution.htm
http://evolution.berkeley.edu/
http://www.nsf.gov/news/special_repo...only/index.jsp

Transitional fossils:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_transitional_fossils
http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/faq-speciation.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/3790531.stm

z0sa
09-30-2010, 03:29 PM

so show me.

It's a matter of using Occam's razor. The most evidence points to evolution, even if it will forever be incomplete of the actual observation, at least concerning our histories. Many more questions than answers are raised in intelligent design and creationism, essentially the opposite of what science asks for in any plausible theory.

redzero
09-30-2010, 03:30 PM
Also, there can be no proof that life was intelligently designed, so mouse's bullshit scenario isn't even valid. Basically, he's just making idiotic assertions yet again.

Drachen
09-30-2010, 03:59 PM
Macro or micro?

If you read correctly i said you wouldn't have "similar" body types. Thus Darwin's evolution fantasy would be worthless. (as it is today)

as mentioned in my quote.

There is no evolutionist worth their salt that believes that there would be any kind of life form that would even be remotely similar to the ones we observe on this planet. If there is a planet with life forms on it, they had to adapt to a different set of circumstances. Perhaps there are stronger radiation sources near to those planets, or perhaps no asteroids hit their planet and killed off the once dominant species, perhaps the life form sprang from (as you said) silicon instead of carbon. The "fittest" which survived on this planet may not even remotely have a chance on another planet which houses life forms. It seems you really DON'T understand the theory which you are arguing against.

You can't have it both ways you can't come in here and preach Science and tell me the earth is 4 billion years old when you don't have all the facts if you did you would have mentioned other life forms. Also you can't say man evolved from a turtle, and then when life is discovered on another planet try to explain it away as if your theories apply to the other life forms, you guys are backpedaling and life on another planet will expose Darwin's lies and your ignorance.

Proof is proof, if there is proof of something, then it cannot be denied.

mouse
09-30-2010, 04:01 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution
http://www.newscientist.com/topic/evolution
http://science.howstuffworks.com/env.../evolution.htm
http://evolution.berkeley.edu/
http://www.nsf.gov/news/special_repo...only/index.jsp

Transitional fossils:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_transitional_fossils
http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/faq-speciation.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/3790531.stm

I can see your new around here.

First off don't post a bunch of links of "theories" I asked you for proof.

your first link alone says this,

This powerful explanatory and predictive (theory} has become the central organizing principle of modern biology,

I don't want your lazy approach to proving something show me the missing link or stfu this is why your debate skills are weak and a waste of my time.

Transitional fossils:

Are you kidding me? you pulled out the fossil card already? That fossil chart has been proven wrong and the man who created it went to prison.

most of those fossils have been found on mountain tops and above where the chart says they can only be found.

your whole argument is based on some half ass fossils your in deep shit already.

here is a fossil you can start with.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/ss-1.jpg

mouse
09-30-2010, 04:02 PM
It's a matter of using Occam's razor. The most evidence points to evolution,

show me.

mouse
09-30-2010, 04:06 PM
There is no evolutionist worth their salt that believes that there would be any kind of life form that would even be remotely similar to the ones we observe on this planet. If there is a planet with life forms on it, they had to adapt to a different set of circumstances. Perhaps there are stronger radiation sources near to those planets, or perhaps no asteroids hit their planet and killed off the once dominant species, perhaps the life form sprang from (as you said) silicon instead of carbon. The "fittest" which survived on this planet may not even remotely have a chance on another planet which houses life forms.

You seem to be speaking for a life form you have no clue exist and if they did you can't speak for them Their bodies can be made of titanium as far as you know, and if so , what creature did they evolve from, the car?

It seems you really DON'T understand the theory which you are arguing against.

sorry I had no idea your so educated in these matters, I look forward to your explanations.

one thing I understand is when people try to bullshit me.

LoneStarState'sPride
09-30-2010, 04:09 PM
lol "transitional fossils"

clambake
09-30-2010, 04:11 PM
lol adams rib

DeadlyDynasty
09-30-2010, 04:14 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_VY9lef3Ripw/SckWUq9ZMNI/AAAAAAAAKeA/Y7qHYqUztJA/s400/ThisWillNotEndWell.jpg

redzero
09-30-2010, 04:17 PM
I can see your new around here.

First off don't post a bunch of links of "theories" I asked you for proof.

your first link alone says this,

You obviously need these links because you don't know shit about evolution since you have stated that evolution claims that humans evolved from snails, monkeys and now turtles.

I don't want your lazy approach to proving something show me the missing link or stfu this is why your debate skills are weak and a waste of my time.

My debate skills are weak? The only thing you do is post strawmen.

Are you kidding me? you pulled out the fossil card already? That fossil chart has been proven wrong and the man who created it went to prison.

The person who put together the fossil chart on wikipedia went to prison? First of all, how is that relevant to the discussion? Second, where has this chart been proven wrong?

most of those fossils have been found on mountain tops and above where the chart says they can only be found.

What? You're incoherent.

your whole argument is based on some half ass fossils your in deep shit already.

No, actually it is not.

here is a fossil you can start with.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/ss-1.jpg

Again, relevance?

Also, you should actually read the links so you can learn more about evolution, because you clearly don't know anything. Those links to provide evidence and can give you a better understanding of evolution if you want to actually learn more about it.

However, the thing is that you don't want to learn more about evolution. You have been told time and time again that your perception of what evolution does is wrong, yet you choose to post the same wrong shit over and over again.

And since you want to talk about a boot,

In early 2006, an essay appeared on Carl Baugh's "Creation Evidence Museum" web site declaring that the boot contains "the fossilized remains of the owner of the boot, from the knee down." The essay continued, "Yes, fossilized bone, skin, foot, all intact and in the boot. The boot was of recent origin, as was the 'Limestone Cowboy' as he has come to be known." Baugh's phrase "from the knee down" seems questionable. The bones actually appear to be broken off at about half the distance to the knee, although it's possible that additional bone segments are embedded in the matrix.

In any case, Baugh's website essay also stated that only the contents of the boot are fossilized, not the boot itself, "demonstrating that some materials fossilize more readily than others." However, it seems very implausible that bones and flesh would be "petrified" while the boot, reportedly made of mostly of leather (another organic material), remained virtually unaltered. In Fig. 3 one can even see the stiching threads, which also look completely modern and unaltered. These inconsistencies alone would warrant that reliable independent investigators be allowed to closely examine the contents of the boot to evaluate Baugh's claims.

Although Baugh and Patton have repeatedly referred to the bones in the boot as "fossilized," they have presented no evidence that they are anything but modern bones surrounded by hardened modern sediment. One sees no indication in the bones of foreign mineral replacement, or even any infilling of the air spaces in the inner "spongy-bone" portions of the bones (see Fig. 2). If these are "fossilized" bones, it certainly is not apparent in the photographs.

Furthermore, the material around the bones does not appear to have the shape of a human leg. The bulk of the matrix appears to take the shape of the boot itself, and its surface seems to record the contours and texture of the inside of the boot. Thus, rather than representing fossilized flesh, it seems more likely that the matrix around the bones is simply a natural cast composed of whatever sediment (probably a limy mud) filled the boot after the flesh rotted away. The mud probably became fairly hard as it dried (which is not unusual) but is unlikely to be true limestone, let alone petrified or "fossilized" flesh.

In fact, the boot advocates have not even demonstrated that the bones in question are human. The bones appear to be compatible with a large mammal, but seem surprising large in relation to the size of the boot. Without more thorough documentation, it is diffult to say what creature they belong to. For all we know, someone could have stuck some cow bones in a muddy boot. On the other hand, if the bones are really human as Baugh maintains, then he should report the remains to the authorities, since they could relate to a missing person or criminal case.

http://paleo.cc/paluxy/boot.htm

Drachen
09-30-2010, 04:18 PM
You seem to be speaking for a life form you have no clue exist and if they did you can't speak for them Their bodies can be made of titanium as far as you know, and if so , what creature did they evolve from, the car?

If a car like creature had the qualities necessary to survive on this hypothetical planet which you speak of, then yes this could happen. Look, evolution even has a snappy catch phrase to make it easy to understand for those who haven't had the time or will to work on understanding it. Survival of the fittest. The fittest on a planet 6000 LY away does not necessarily equal the fittest in your backyard.

sorry I had no idea your so educated in these matters, I look forward to your explanations.

one thing I understand is when people try to bullshit me.

Better get that radar adjusted.

Anyway, you can call it running away or whatever, but I have a statistics test tonight that I need to study for. I will probably pick back up later, or I might just get a beer after the test then come home and go to sleep. We shall see.

mouse
09-30-2010, 04:27 PM
Also, there can be no proof that life was intelligently designed,

How can you say that if you have not done the research? Your small mind and thuggish ways of posting is not helping you look any smarter.

so mouse's bullshit scenario isn't even valid. Basically, he's just making idiotic assertions yet again.

Lets see Evolution proof. Some old bones, worthless fossils and a few apes at the circus that can smoke cigarettes.

Intelligent design proof.

The human eye is so complex and many today have little clue how it really works.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_OUMzbiVKkYE/RutPmJc110I/AAAAAAAAANM/M1qRr8RcNG0/s320/human-eye.jpg

The human brain is something you may not have but many humans do and is very complex and is still being studied.

http://pavellas.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/labeled_diagram_human_brain-reduced.jpg

A leaf has more complex DNA data than all of the data of the Apollo 11 spacecraft.

And what monkey that evolved from a fish is going to create one of these?

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3164/2771168050_9281abba3e.jpg

If you can't see intelligent design in everyday life then you need to pull your ignorant banana eating head out your stubborn Darwin loving ass and learn something for once.

LoneStarState'sPride
09-30-2010, 04:30 PM
lol adams rib

lol mavs

clambake
09-30-2010, 04:36 PM
lol forbidden fruit

mouse
09-30-2010, 04:39 PM
If a car like creature had the qualities necessary to survive on this hypothetical planet which you speak of, then yes this could happen. Look, evolution even has a snappy catch phrase to make it easy to understand for those who haven't had the time or will to work on understanding it. Survival of the fittest. The fittest on a planet 6000 LY away does not necessarily equal the fittest in your backyard.

So if i leave a Honda Accord in my backyard for 2 billion years when i come back it will be a Toyota Tundra? Not only is Evolution so off base i still have not seen the proof, have you guys forgotten to post the proof?

Anyway, you can call it running away or whatever, but I have a statistics test tonight that I need to study for. I will probably pick back up later, or I might just get a beer after the test then come home and go to sleep. We shall see.

No problem I have to leave also to visit my proctologist so i will be back later.

redzero
09-30-2010, 04:42 PM
How can you say that if you have not done the research?

It is not possible. There is no way to connect anything in the universe to an intelligent to designer, unless there is a MADE BY GOD sticker somewhere. Even then, it's not possible.

Your small mind and thuggish ways of posting is not helping you look any smarter.

My small mind? That's funny coming from some loser who spends all his time being a contrarian who is willing to believe any conspiracy theory because he lacks self worth.

Lets see Evolution proof. Some old bones, worthless fossils and a few apes at the circus that can smoke cigarettes.

Wow, another strawman by mouse--the only thing you know how to post.

The human eye is so complex and many today have little clue how it really works.

Not proof of intelligent design.

The human brain is something you may not have but many humans do and is very complex and is still being studied.

A leaf has more complex DNA data than all of the data of the Apollo 11 spacecraft.

And what monkey that evolved from a fish is going to create one of these?

Another strawman by mouse. You have absolutely no fucking idea what evolution is.

If you can't see intelligent design in everyday life

You haven't shown me anything. All you have done is claim that since things are so complicated, there must have been an intelligent designer.

then you need to pull your ignorant

Funny from somebody who prides himself in willingly being ignorant. Using your own logic, the intelligent designer would also have needed to be designed, seeing as it is even more complexed. But of course, you will claim that it wouldn't, which is called special pleading.

banana eating

I don't eat bananas.

head out your stubborn Darwin loving ass

Here is another example of mouse trying to equate accepting the theory of evolution to loving Charles Darwin.

and lean something for once.

Maybe you should learn how to use punctuation.

Maybe you should learn the difference between "your" and "you're."

Maybe you should learn about evolution before you criticize it.

LoneStarState'sPride
09-30-2010, 04:47 PM
lol forbidden fruit

lol 11,000+ posts on a rivals' board

mouse
09-30-2010, 05:07 PM
redzero's hero

Ernst Haeckel (1834-1919)

the creator of the embryo chart. fooled many into thinking human embryos are same as a chicken. was later found to be a fraud.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/assets/images/articles/2009/05/haeckel-embryo-drawing.jpg

unfortunately his charts are still in many text books today which is why redzero and many children today are so misguided and post ignorant rants.

still waiting for the proof Darwin was right

......Bueller?....... Bueller?....

mouse
09-30-2010, 05:10 PM
Maybe you should learn how to use punctuation.

Maybe you should learn the difference between "your" and "you're."

Maybe you should learn about evolution before you criticize it.

You pull out the grammar card? your (you're) either new to the www or desperate to change the subject, where is this proof Darwin was correct?

stop with the re-fried unfunny school yard put downs and stick with the subject show me your proof.

redzero
09-30-2010, 05:13 PM
Every time one of your arguments is shot down, you bring up something else. And now you are claiming that I'm misguided because of some embryo chart that I haven't even seen before.

lol retard

redzero
09-30-2010, 05:14 PM
You pull out the grammar card? your (you're) either new to the www or desperate to change the subject, where is this proof Darwin was correct?

stop with the re-fried unfunny school yard put downs and stick with the subject show me your proof.

lol completely ignoring all of the links I posted.

Mr Roper
09-30-2010, 05:25 PM
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/vlcsnap-240637.png

clambake
09-30-2010, 05:33 PM
lol 11,000+ posts on a rivals' board

lol uses the word "rival"

LoneStarState'sPride
09-30-2010, 09:37 PM
^
l
l

in the future, look no further than this statement for proof of clambake's retardation.

Blake
09-30-2010, 11:02 PM
If you can't see intelligent design in everyday life then you need to pull your ignorant banana eating head out your stubborn Darwin loving ass and learn something for once.

bananas......the atheist nightmare....

2z-OLG0KyR4

ALVAREZ6
10-01-2010, 12:32 AM

this thread is funny

mouse, if you've picked up anything about me, just trust me I've thought about all kinds of shit, especially religion, science, politics, and many other things, many times, thousands of times, for long ass periods of time. And so what? Just because you were thinking as a kid doesn't mean you were thinking the right way. I don't really think you have a purely objective approach, but rather a predestined conclusion you would like to arrive at. And frankly, I really wonder what your thoughts were from way back on things like this, as you say as a kid you were interested in such things, but you've shown in many threads you really don't understand many key elements in this discussion... None of your arguments about evolution make sense today, so what type of thinking were you doing back then? .... who knows

MiamiHeat
10-01-2010, 05:00 AM
dumb assumptions

water is not the sole basis for life. life can exist on different substances.

all things, elements, liquids, gases, have energy. all life has to do is evolve in those elements and use it.

so this "habitable" zone stuff is dumb. yeah, habitable for WATER and EARTHLIKE conditions. doesnt mean you cant have life outside of those conditions anyway

clambake
10-01-2010, 09:52 AM
^
l
l

in the future, look no further than this statement for proof of clambake's retardation.

fake christian makes fun of retardation lol

LoneStarState'sPride
10-01-2010, 10:00 AM
^
l
l

Case in point.

clambake
10-01-2010, 10:07 AM
phony christian lol

mouse
10-01-2010, 10:16 AM

this thread is funny

mouse, if you've picked up anything about me, just trust me I've thought about all kinds of shit, especially religion, science, politics, and many other things, many times, thousands of times, for long ass periods of time. And so what? Just because you were thinking as a kid doesn't mean you were thinking the right way. I don't really think you have a purely objective approach, but rather a predestined conclusion you would like to arrive at. And frankly, I really wonder what your thoughts were from way back on things like this, as you say as a kid you were interested in such things, but you've shown in many threads you really don't understand many key elements in this discussion... None of your arguments about evolution make sense today, so what type of thinking were you doing back then? .... who knows

Does 15.9 over 50 blower door readings makes sense to you? They do to someone who is into weatherization of homes.

Just because you don't understand where i am coming from and just because you can't figure out what point I am trying to make doesn't mean I don't have any clue about the subject.

Has it ever occurred to you that if you have no idea about a new drug you may be in the dark to what this drug can do or its side effects?

Just because I bring an certain new element of intelligence to a subject and express my views and you have no idea those elements or views existed isn't any reason for you to think i have no idea what I am talking about.

I am sure Steve Jobs had people look at him like an idiot when he was trying to get a loan from the bank to build the wooden cases to hold his pro-to type personal computer he wanted to showcase, that doesn't mean he was an idiot or had no clue. It only means you and many in this topic are so uneducated in this type of discussion I have to dumb it down many times to make a point.

To try and explain to you the many issues surrounding life on another planet and at the same time the many flaws of Darwin's lame excuse of how we got here is like trying to teach a dog how to use an Iphone.

and frankly its quit annoying at times.

slick'81
10-01-2010, 10:29 AM
it is amazing but who knows if we could ever actually live there.Wed never be able to get there anyway and who knows what wed find if we ever did

still the idea of life outside us is always exciting

ALVAREZ6
10-01-2010, 10:32 AM
I was speaking more of the initial points you tried making, things like saying finding intelligent life on another planet equating to taking away from evolutionary theory...which makes no sense.

After reading things like that and other crap that comes out of your mouth, it's really hard to take your points seriously and so I didn't bother read about whatever the hell it is you went on a rant about.

LoneStarState'sPride
10-01-2010, 02:03 PM
phony christian lol

Is that seriously the best smack you've got? Broken records are less repetitive :wakeup

clambake
10-01-2010, 03:23 PM
a true christian wouldn't make fun of retardation. theres nothing phony about calling you a fake christian.

lol magic tree

MannyIsGod
10-01-2010, 03:43 PM
LOL @ lol magic tree

tp2021
10-01-2010, 04:12 PM
Wow mouse, you are so smart, I bet you must be doing great things with your life.

Muser
10-01-2010, 04:39 PM

Where is your proof?

LoneStarState'sPride
10-01-2010, 07:56 PM
a true christian wouldn't make fun of retardation. theres nothing phony about calling you a fake christian.

lol magic tree

Once again, broken record--thank you for proving my point for the umpteenth time.

Why do you care about the legitimacy of my relationship w/ Christ? Where in the Bible does it say Christians must be perfect? I'll make fun of whatever I damn well please on this message board, starting with your retarded ass.

lol wanna be agnostic.

clambake
10-01-2010, 08:00 PM
lol relationship
lol seduced by a snake

LoneStarState'sPride
10-01-2010, 08:05 PM
lol relationship
lol seduced by a snake

lol broken record.

lol can't think of any stronger smack.

lol retard.

clambake
10-01-2010, 08:08 PM
still making fun of retarded lol
forgets that god is watching lol
upset over broken records lol

mouse
10-01-2010, 09:21 PM
I was speaking more of the initial points you tried making, things like saying finding intelligent life on another planet equating to taking away from evolutionary theory...which makes no sense.

To you maybe, but to the educated person it makes perfect sense. If life is found on another planet and they have proof they are from intelligent design it blows the Darwin theory out of the water but you can't seem to grasp that thought.
Is it my fault you don't want to think outside the box?

After reading things like that and other crap that comes out of your mouth, it's really hard to take your points seriously and so I didn't bother read about whatever the hell it is you went on a rant about.

You can ask questions without insulting me. It really brings nothing to the debate and you end up looking like redzero or the other losers in this topic that have nothing better to do than try school yard insults.

mouse
10-01-2010, 09:28 PM
Wow mouse, you are so smart, I bet you must be doing great things with your life.

Not all smart people are doing good these days, there are a lot of wall street personnel and many other people who went to collage for many years that are struggling right now, intelligence has nothing to do with a paycheck.

Or how well a person is doing.
But you wouldn't know since your not the intelligent type you can't even debate about life on other planets so you rather pop in like some sort of wannabe troll and toss out some lame attempt at comedy.
Well if me being so smart means i should be doing well?
then i hope you get well soon.

mouse
10-01-2010, 09:38 PM
Where is your proof?

If you can't look around you and see how intelligent life had a hand in us being here than you deserve to be part ape.

I can't wait until you guys do find life on another planet, It will be priceless to see your faces when another being laughs at your stupid asses claiming you evolved from a monkey. It will be so sweet to see the banana eating douche bags in this forum have to change their screen names out of embarrassment alone.

I can just see redzero Blake TlongII and others backpedalling.....
"I never said I totally believed in Darwin, I only said he makes a good point"

"I kinda knew there could be another explanation..."
all bullshit, I will then create a website to expose all the dumb ass's who thought they evolved from a monkey that shit will follow them and their offspring for generations to come...

Blake
10-01-2010, 10:05 PM
I can't wait until you guys do find life on another planet, It will be priceless to see your faces when another being laughs at your stupid asses claiming you evolved from a monkey. It will be so sweet to see the banana eating douche bags in this forum have to change their screen names out of embarrassment alone.

that makes no sense.

I can just see redzero Blake TlongII and others backpedalling.....
"I never said I totally believed in Darwin, I only said he makes a good point"

I can already see you youtubing or jpegging

Blake
10-01-2010, 10:19 PM
Where in the Bible does it say Christians must be perfect?

Matthew 5:48 (New International Version)

48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

I'll make fun of whatever I damn well please on this message board, starting with your retarded ass.

lol wanna be agnostic.

I think you might be the worst self proclaimed Christian on this board.

LoneStarState'sPride
10-01-2010, 10:26 PM
still making fun of retarded lol
forgets that god is watching lol
upset over broken records lol

lol "god is watching" card from an atheist

lol keeps bringing weak smack

lol retard

Admit it, you were dropped as a child numerous times--probably in addition to taking a swan dive from the top of the ugly tree and hitting every branch on the way down.

xellos88330
10-01-2010, 10:31 PM
dumb assumptions

water is not the sole basis for life. life can exist on different substances.

all things, elements, liquids, gases, have energy. all life has to do is evolve in those elements and use it.

so this "habitable" zone stuff is dumb. yeah, habitable for WATER and EARTHLIKE conditions. doesnt mean you cant have life outside of those conditions anyway

You cannot really say the "habitable zone" is dumb. Until it is proven that life can exist outside of the proclaimed habitable zone, it is correct.

I do agree that life could exist elsewhere outside of the habitable zone, however, without sufficient data and actual hard evidence the best place that scientists could look for life are those with earthlike conditions. After all, this planet is the only proof of life that they have to run with.

IronMexican
10-01-2010, 10:32 PM
I wonder what that planet's Jesus looks like.

LoneStarState'sPride
10-01-2010, 10:35 PM
Matthew 5:48 (New International Version)

48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

I think you might be the worst self proclaimed Christian on this board.

I wasn't fucking talking to you, dumbass. Glad you're ranking christians on the board though. How kind of you.

Blake
10-01-2010, 10:37 PM

lol retard

do you have tattoos on the back side of your lower legs?

LoneStarState'sPride
10-01-2010, 10:38 PM
do you have tattoos on the back side of your lower legs?

Tattoos are stupid for black men :lol

LoneStarState'sPride
10-01-2010, 10:41 PM
Unless you're a ligh-skinned black man, that is.

Blake
10-01-2010, 10:48 PM
I wasn't fucking talking to you, dumbass. Glad you're ranking christians on the board though. How kind of you.

you're on an open messageboard, dumbfuck.

I'm talking to you because you made a dumb comment on an open messageboard, dumbfuck.

I rank you just lower than miami heat in terms of being Christlike. You're welcome.

LoneStarState'sPride
10-01-2010, 10:53 PM
you're on an open messageboard, dumbfuck.

I'm talking to you because you made a dumb comment on an open messageboard, dumbfuck.

I rank you just lower than miami heat in terms of being Christlike. You're welcome.

Because I care just SO much where you rank me in terms of being Christlike. GFY. Who are you to tell me how to conduct myself on an "open messageboard" dipshit? Get off your high horse.

mouse
10-01-2010, 11:46 PM
After rereading this page can I be allowed to recant any notion I had about intelligent design?

ALVAREZ6
10-01-2010, 11:52 PM
To you maybe, but to the educated person it makes perfect sense. If life is found on another planet and they have proof they are from intelligent design it blows the Darwin theory out of the water but you can't seem to grasp that thought.
Is it my fault you don't want to think outside the box?

You can ask questions without insulting me. It really brings nothing to the debate and you end up looking like redzero or the other losers in this topic that have nothing better to do than try school yard insults.

Alright, I will apologize for talking any sort of smack. You are right, it brings nothing, just don't act like you never dish it out.

But really though, you're saying "to the educated person"... honestly, legitimate question, what type of education do you have? And what are you really trying to say, it's impossible to prove something is here because of intelligent design. That topic goes nowhere. Intelligent design is part of a religion that is NOT constructive or objective. It has a purpose for existing, there are goals. Science on the other hand does not give a fuck. It is purely objective, it exists only to explore our world, and not hide behind bullshit. There aren't any motives other than wanting to discover something real.

Personally, the thought of being mortal, and having a finite existence does worry me from time to time. I can admit it, and yet, I still believe this is my fate, even though it's not ideal to me. I truly would love to have a secure, guaranteed future, but I don't let those emotions dictate my beliefs. I'm purely objective in this approach, life is what it is.

This conversation naturally can't go anywhere. But LOL don't accuse me for not thinking outside the box. The phrase "thinking outside the box" pretty much summarizes my life, I guarantee I think about more things, more often, without letting certain insecurities affect my thoughts compared to the vast majority of the world. And the same can be said for probably a lot of people who post in this forum.

And really, without trying to be mean, you should literally go back to school. You're trying to tell me that "to the educated person it makes perfect sense" in reference to your claims that finding life on other planets makes evolutionary theory more likely to be untrue. But if you've paid any attention, the vast majority of people who've responded to that statement of yours have easily argued against it..and some are posters that do put together sound and logical arguments. On the other hand I really can't see any true logic behind your posts 95% of the time. That's just my 2 cents.

johnsmith
10-01-2010, 11:53 PM
After rereading this page can I be allowed to recant any notion I had about intelligent design?

Hey Mouse, what's it like to realize that you have become irrelevant on the internet as well as real life?

mouse
10-02-2010, 12:09 AM
you should literally go back to school. . That's just my 2 cents.

That's where you show your ignorance.
Why would anyone have to go back to school just because you don't understand their views on a subject, or can't comprehend their logic? And what does school have that will benefit my "Personal opinions"?

other than helping me with some punctuations and grammar why would i want to go back to a school that teaches Evolution the very subject i don't agree with?

And after reading your semi apology stuffed with hidden insults you already exposed yourself as a mouse hater and a person who can't handle debating anyone without trying to covert them, bully them, insult them, or belittle them.

You have made one thing clear you don't really read that well the topic talks about an earth like planet, which I felt as an American in an open public forum I commented on how it would be so cool to find out if there is life on this newly discovered planet and they have proof they did not evolved from an ape it will put holes in the whole Darwin theories, if that is something you have a hard time digesting or understanding then there is not much i can do for you. maybe if you went back to school you could learn how to understand complicated issues better.

my 2 cents.

I am Tom
10-02-2010, 04:40 AM
I get it!

Jesus
10-02-2010, 04:44 AM
I wonder what that planet's Jesus looks like.

I don't.

clambake
10-02-2010, 10:37 AM
lol "god is watching" card from an atheist

lol retard

Admit it, you were dropped as a child numerous times--probably in addition to taking a swan dive from the top of the ugly tree and hitting every branch on the way down.

lol fake christian is failing the test.

LoneStarState'sPride
10-02-2010, 11:24 AM
lol fake christian is failing the test.

lol atheist caring about "testing" a christian's validity. Speaking of fail....:lol

phyzik
10-03-2010, 01:39 AM
I like how these threads I post turn into some religious argument like I have some kind of agenda all the time. :lol

Seriously.... I'm just posting the article... Im not trying to shit on anyone... Take it for what you will I guess.

If it threatens religious people and their thoughts in turn threaten non-believers, thats up for you to decide.... I've said my part countless times in countless threads, I dont need to elaborate anymore on my beliefs.

Im just posting the articles.

ALVAREZ6
10-03-2010, 03:11 AM
lol

Wild Cobra
10-03-2010, 03:02 PM
I like how these threads I post turn into some religious argument like I have some kind of agenda all the time. :lol

Seriously.... I'm just posting the article... Im not trying to shit on anyone... Take it for what you will I guess.

If it threatens religious people and their thoughts in turn threaten non-believers, thats up for you to decide.... I've said my part countless times in countless threads, I dont need to elaborate anymore on my beliefs.

Im just posting the articles.
I'm religious, but in a spiritual sense rather than believing in an singular god. Such discovered facts have no negative effects on my beliefs.

Drachen
10-03-2010, 05:40 PM
Well, tbh, I thought it was an interesting article. Sorry I participated in the hijacking of your thread. I would love to know more information as it becomes available.