PDA

View Full Version : LeBron James says race played role in backlash to his decision

duncan228
09-29-2010, 09:50 PM
LeBron James says race played role in backlash to his decision (http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/lebron-james-says-race-played-role-in-backlash-to-his-decision.php)
By Kurt Helin

Did race play a role in the backlash -- both in the media and in the general public -- to LeBron James' decision to take his talents to South Beach?

LeBron James and his business partner and close friend Maverick Carter both said yes in an interview on CNN Wednesday night.

"I think so at times. It's always a race factor," LeBron said as part of a segment that focused largely on Carter.

"It definitely played a role in some of the stuff coming out of the media, things that were written," Carter said.

A lot of the backlash seemed to be focused less on the choice itself -- outside of Cleveland, anyway -- and more on what came off as an egotistical way to do it. But both Carter and James said that "The Decision" -- the hour-long show on ESPN announcing his move to Miami -- may have had something to do with that.

"The execution could've been a little better and I take some of blame for that," Carter said.

But James noted that the event raised $3 million for the Boys & Girls Club and any "heat" he took was worth it (something he said with a smirk after saying the word heat).

There certainly has been a lot of LeBron hate (http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/introducing-the-lebron-james-hate-index.php). The numbers back up what James and Carter have said about race (http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/lebrons-q-rating-image-didnt-really-take-a-hit-among-blacks.php).

Among blacks, LeBron's positive Q rating among dropped from 52 percent in January to 39 -- however his negative Q rating barely changed, going from 14 percent to 15. Blacks seemed to change what they thought of him, but to a more neutral stance.

Among non-blacks, LeBron's negative Q rating went from 24 percent to 44 after the decision.

Why different races reacted to the situation in very different ways would make an interesting study in race relations in America.

BadOdor
09-29-2010, 09:54 PM
LeBron James says race played role in backlash to his decision (http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/lebron-james-says-race-played-role-in-backlash-to-his-decision.php)
By Kurt Helin

Did race play a role in the backlash -- both in the media and in the general public -- to LeBron James' decision to take his talents to South Beach?

LeBron James and his business partner and close friend Maverick Carter both said yes in an interview on CNN Wednesday night.

"I think so at times. It's always a race factor," LeBron said as part of a segment that focused largely on Carter.

"It definitely played a role in some of the stuff coming out of the media, things that were written," Carter said.

A lot of the backlash seemed to be focused less on the choice itself -- outside of Cleveland, anyway -- and more on what came off as an egotistical way to do it. But both Carter and James said that "The Decision" -- the hour-long show on ESPN announcing his move to Miami -- may have had something to do with that.

"The execution could've been a little better and I take some of blame for that," Carter said.

But James noted that the event raised $3 million for the Boys & Girls Club and any "heat" he took was worth it (something he said with a smirk after saying the word heat).

There certainly has been a lot of LeBron hate (http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/introducing-the-lebron-james-hate-index.php). The numbers back up what James and Carter have said about race (http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/lebrons-q-rating-image-didnt-really-take-a-hit-among-blacks.php).

Among blacks, LeBron's positive Q rating among dropped from 52 percent in January to 39 -- however his negative Q rating barely changed, going from 14 percent to 15. Blacks seemed to change what they thought of him, but to a more neutral stance.

Among non-blacks, LeBron's negative Q rating went from 24 percent to 44 after the decision.

Why different races reacted to the situation in very different ways would make an interesting study in race relations in America.

Harlemheat = lebron?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-29-2010, 09:57 PM
Black people are bandwagoning front runners who root for the best team, naturally they'd react positively when they see the fellow black man front run and hop on the Heat bandwagon.

If Lebron worked it so he ended up with the Lakers, his coon approval rating woulda jumped from 54 to 99 percent, the other 1% being niggas in Cleveland.

HeatTheBestEver
09-29-2010, 09:59 PM
Nigga's just mad at my Heat cause we stylin on hatas

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-29-2010, 09:59 PM
Nigga's just mad at my Heat cause we stylin on hatas
:lmao proves me point

Daddy Ignorant
09-29-2010, 10:01 PM
Black people are bandwagoning front runners who root for the best team, naturally they'd react positively when they see the fellow black man front run and hop on the Heat bandwagon.

This makes no sense, just because I'm a Saints/Lakers/Yankees/UNC/ and Bama fan doesn't mean I'm a bandwagoner!

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-29-2010, 10:02 PM
This makes no sense, just because I'm a Saints/Lakers/Yankees/UNC/ and Bama fan doesn't mean I'm a bandwagoner!
:lmao

elbamba
09-29-2010, 10:09 PM
Perhaps people didn't like that he took a huge crap on the Cavs and the people from the city in the way he announced he was leaving. I don't know of anyone outside of the Heat that think that his decision was a good move.

James could just write a check for 3 million dollars to the charity. That even had nothing to do with charity and everything to do with selling his crap. The charity was the excuse to try and cover up a very bad public relations mess.

The race card is stupid. Farve catches the same crap for his antics. People don't care about race when it comes to millionaires and billionaires being stupid.

Latarian Milton
09-29-2010, 10:16 PM
the hatred against niggas still exists in nooks and crannies on the american continent tbh, which you rich white dudes can never empathize.

SenorSpur
09-29-2010, 10:51 PM

If Lebron worked it so he ended up with the Lakers, his coon approval rating woulda jumped from 54 to 99 percent, the other 1% being niggas in Cleveland.

You just made a blanket, racist statement against an entire ethnic group. I've got news for you. There are a lot of bandwaggoning, frontrunning fans - and they're made up of various races of people.

HarlemHeat37
09-29-2010, 10:53 PM
It's always funny how White people react to somebody playing the race card, TBH..

In addition to the stats that are provided, there's also the obvious factor that Dan Gilbert treated LBJ like a slave..

I'm still shocked how somebody can get so much criticism for doing something that raised 3 million $ for the B&G, and then another 3 million $ for other charities..the kids benefited, other various charities benefited, Akron still got their yearly bike-a-thon(despite the dangers involved of Lebron coming back to the Cleveland area..

Isn't that all that matters?..

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-29-2010, 11:03 PM
There are a lot of bandwaggoning, frontrunning fans - and they're made up of various races of people.
I don't disagree, bandwagoning is like sickle cell anemia. It's an epidemic that affects all races, but black people more so than any other race.

TimDunkem
09-29-2010, 11:06 PM

lol So fucking true.

Latarian Milton
09-29-2010, 11:11 PM
niggas are the loyalest sports fans tbh they love sports exactly as much as they love their country, whereas it's the rich white dudes who often oscillate between two rival teams and finally end up on the bandwagon of the winning team. IMHO about 99% of posters here who claim to be Heat fans were not truly Heat fans before Bosh and James joined Miami.

im a native Floridan i only love two things in my life- the Miami Heat basketball team and hoodrat stuff.

J_Paco
09-29-2010, 11:13 PM
I don't disagree, bandwagoning is like sickle cell anemia. It's an epidemic that affects all races, but black people more so than any other race.

Dude, your use of the word "coon" was way over the line. LeBron did what he did, even though I don't agree with the special, and people of varying races had a negative attitude toward it. He's a black man and in most circles considered the best player in the world, so I'm sure plenty of African-American men would root for wherever he ended.

No, one is a serious disease that effects many individuals. The other is just a game followed by individuals.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-29-2010, 11:13 PM
Dude, your use of the word "coon" was way over the line.
Thank you for your opinion. I'll think about that before I use the word coon on the internet again.

J_Paco
09-29-2010, 11:18 PM
Thank you for your opinion. I'll think about that before I use the word coon on the internet again.

Cute little sarcastic comeback, but I'm sure you wouldn't say that bullshit to a black man or woman in real life.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-29-2010, 11:24 PM
Cute little sarcastic comeback, but I'm sure you wouldn't say that bullshit to a black man or woman in real life.
Depends. If I'm at a Suns Lakers game and some punk bitch black guy with a Kobe jersey won't shut up, I might crack a joke about how every black American is a Lakers fan. I wouldn't use the word "coon", but I'd be more than willing to ruffle feathers.

Booharv
09-29-2010, 11:25 PM
harlemheat is approaching lakaluva levels in terms of the obviousness of his schtick.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-29-2010, 11:25 PM
No, one is a serious disease that effects many individuals.
Tbh, they both are. Bandwagoning is frowned upon by most, yet it seems blacks are genetically prone to blatant front running and cheering for teams they have no connection to whatsoever.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-29-2010, 11:26 PM
Race is still a serious issue in America.

I admit, I do view a black person differently than someone who is white. It's more a 'my kind, their kind' attitude. I find that I've gotten more tolerant as I've grown older, but the progress is not fast enough for me to have any pride in that.

Two summers ago I was mugged by two people (black) in Franklin, IND. I spent the rest of my time there afraid of men and afraid of African American men in particular. I was aware of this, but my emotions were still getting the best of me. I would often find myself in tears, similar to what happens when I think about the brawl that destroyed the hopes of my Indiana Pacers.

I would flinch walking down the street. I felt the obvious emotional turmoil a crime creates, but I also discovered that when I was pushed to the edge, I had latent tendencies to evaluate solely on skin color.

With the economy as bad as it is here in Hawthorne, IND, I fear I am not the only one who will be subject to a crime that deepens racial tensions. It has made me more vigilant on things like racial issues. I don't want to hand racist tendencies to my future children, and that means we have to even out our society, and do it quickly before we revert to the traditional American view on skin color, as I sadly did 2 summers ago.

You'll have to excuse me, I always feel like a blubbering child when I write on this topic. It's the same way I feel when I write about the Pacers-Pistons brawl that left me in tears of rage.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao

HarlemHeat37
09-29-2010, 11:27 PM
harlemheat is approaching lakaluva levels in terms of the obviousness of his schtick.

Really isn't comparable, TBH..

I always back up my Lebron arguments, as you can easily find by looking up the history..lakaluva's trolling about Duncan is very obvious, poorly researched, and hypocritical, as I pointed out in his latest Duncan thread..

I genuinely don't see how people can be so angry about what Lebron did..I don't think I've ever seen somebody get more unwarranted hate than Lebron has received these last few months..

That's Funked Up
09-29-2010, 11:28 PM

if lebron jumped to the lakers he'd have the coons and the spicks. His would be the number one stolen jersey of all time

4>0rings
09-29-2010, 11:31 PM
:lmao

HarlemHeat37
09-29-2010, 11:32 PM

I admit, I do view a black person differently than someone who is white. It's more a 'my kind, their kind' attitude. I find that I've gotten more tolerant as I've grown older, but the progress is not fast enough for me to have any pride in that.

Two summers ago I was mugged by two people (black) in Franklin, IND. I spent the rest of my time there afraid of men and afraid of African American men in particular. I was aware of this, but my emotions were still getting the best of me. I would often find myself in tears, similar to what happens when I think about the brawl that destroyed the hopes of my Indiana Pacers.

I would flinch walking down the street. I felt the obvious emotional turmoil a crime creates, but I also discovered that when I was pushed to the edge, I had latent tendencies to evaluate solely on skin color.

With the economy as bad as it is here in Hawthorne, IND, I fear I am not the only one who will be subject to a crime that deepens racial tensions. It has made me more vigilant on things like racial issues. I don't want to hand racist tendencies to my future children, and that means we have to even out our society, and do it quickly before we revert to the traditional American view on skin color, as I sadly did 2 summers ago.

You'll have to excuse me, I always feel like a blubbering child when I write on this topic. It's the same way I feel when I write about the Pacers-Pistons brawl that left me in tears of rage.

:rollin:clap

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-29-2010, 11:33 PM
This is why D228 receives to much criticism. She found an article, she knew a thread dedicated to it would turn into an absolute shitfest, but she posted it anyway because she knew we enjoy shitfests.

Baseline
09-29-2010, 11:35 PM
I'm a white guy who thinks LeBron James is clearly the best basketball player in the world, and I was elated that he left Cleveland. Granted, I'm not a Cavs fan...I'm a Spurs fan. But I applauded LeBron's decision to leave Cleveland so he could pursue championships. It was blatantly obvious to me that it wasn't going to happen in Cleveland.

But you have to understand something...the Lakers got stacked due to an extremely shady deal - perhaps the most shady of all time...the Pau Gasol trade. Well, LeBron couldn't afford to sit idly by and let David Stern manufacture more rings for the Lakers, a franchise which will also pay the luxury tax without batting an eye. So LeBron took things into his own hands, yet played by the rules. LeBron James did absolutely nothing wrong. So I think the decision to go to Miami was genius, and applaud it with every ounce of fervor I can muster.

My esteem for LeBron actually increased rather than decreased, because what I saw was an immensely talented player who knew he was sacrificing quite a lot in the personal accolades department by going to play in DWade's city, on DWade's team. All for the sake of winning.

So I'll never understand all this backlash. It's all stupid and frankly doesn't make any sense. To me, LeBron's move was an unselfish one because winning is the most important thing to him. Seriously, what more could he have done in Cleveland? Those fools won 130 games the last two years. Watch them win about 18 this year.

Incidentally, I think DWade is the 2nd best player in the world, and Kevin Durant is the 3rd best. I think Kobe Bryant should be in jail, and I hope the Heat stomp the Lakers in any and every game they play for the rest of LeBron's life.

Booharv
09-29-2010, 11:36 PM
Really isn't comparable, TBH..

I always back up my Lebron arguments, as you can easily find by looking up the history..lakaluva's trolling about Duncan is very obvious, poorly researched, and hypocritical, as I pointed out in his latest Duncan thread..

I'm looking forward to watching the Heat this season on League Pass and am not a Heat hater but you're overdoing it on the doing it for the kids and the Lebron was a slave stuff imho.

Dex
09-29-2010, 11:37 PM
http://www.thepeoplescube.com/images/Race_Card.jpg

HarlemHeat37
09-29-2010, 11:42 PM
I'm looking forward to watching the Heat this season on League Pass and am not a Heat hater but you're overdoing it on the doing it for the kids and the Lebron was a slave stuff imho.

The slave part has been agreed on by many respected members of the media, TBH..it's not something I'm using to troll, it's a pretty legit statement that has been regularly repeated by NBA analysts like Mike Wilbon, for instance..

The kids part is simply based on the fact that he donated 3 million $ to a kids charity, and came back to Akron for his annual bike-a-thon, even though there were security risks..

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-29-2010, 11:55 PM
The slave part has been agreed on by many respected members of the media, TBH..it's not something I'm using to troll, it's a pretty legit statement that has been regularly repeated by NBA analysts like Mike Wilbon, for instance..

The kids part is simply based on the fact that he donated 3 million $ to a kids charity, and came back to Akron for his annual bike-a-thon, even though there were security risks..
Gee, what an odd coincidence Mike Wilbon is a black guy who acts like he was plucked right off the cotton field.

Zelophehad
09-30-2010, 12:01 AM

Lebron pretty much ran that team. Gilbert enabled him and his entourage repeatedly, plus he allowed Lebron a big say in personnel decisions. Gilbert was like the nerdy kid who was happy to be around the star jock and if Lebron invited him to hang out with him when he was there, I'm sure Gilbert would have followed him around like an eager little puppy.

When Lebron left Gilbert acted like a jilted wife more than a slave owner. The only way that could have been more obvious is if Gilbert had talked about giving Lebron the best years of his life in his comic sans goodbye.

Gutter92
09-30-2010, 12:04 AM

Only way this makes sense to me is if by "mugged" you meant "anally sodomized".

mingus
09-30-2010, 12:07 AM
It's always funny how White people react to somebody playing the race card, TBH..

In addition to the stats that are provided, there's also the obvious factor that Dan Gilbert treated LBJ like a slave..

I'm still shocked how somebody can get so much criticism for doing something that raised 3 million $ for the B&G, and then another 3 million $ for other charities..the kids benefited, other various charities benefited, Akron still got their yearly bike-a-thon(despite the dangers involved of Lebron coming back to the Cleveland area..

Isn't that all that matters?..

he gets criticized for it because he didn't do it for the kids. he would've done it without the charity. it's the fact that he used the charity part to cover up the fact that he really did it because he's a media whore.

The Franchise
09-30-2010, 12:07 AM
Gee, what an odd coincidence Mike Wilbon is a black guy who acts like he was plucked right off the cotton field.

Did a black man fuck your bitch (mother, sister, wife, girlfriend etc....)? :lol

Native American
09-30-2010, 12:10 AM
My tribe admires the dark man and his physical abilities. I understand why they often pull the race card because I have yet to see a dark man lose a race. They are fast like running rabbit. They should pull this race card at every opportunity. They win every time.

As for the large dark man they call Lebron. He is an impressive warrior. We have watched him jump and dunk the ball and swing from the rim. We have seen him pound his chest in victory and make many fans go bananas. He is what the pale man calls "so fucking money." And by that of course I mean LeBron is so fucking monkey.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-30-2010, 12:12 AM
Did a black man fuck your bitch (mother, sister, wife, girlfriend etc....)? :lol
Tbh I've defended black people plenty on this site (Amare vs. Nash as the primary example), but this is an example where it's a bunch of niggas whining about how they feel they've been "dizzenfranchizzed by da white man!"

The Franchise
09-30-2010, 12:14 AM
Tbh I've defended black people plenty on this site (Amare vs. Nash as the primary example), but this is an example where it's a bunch of niggas whining about how they feel they've been "dizzenfranchizzed by da white man!"

That still didn't answer my question.

Jose Canseco
09-30-2010, 12:17 AM

Are you fucking a black man?

I know a guy who can help you with the sores.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
That still didn't answer my question.
No then if you actually expected an answer to that question.

lol Rocketfan getting butthurt over everything on this site

mingus
as for the topic, my opinion is it's the same thing that happened when you had a lot of blacks defending Simpson when he was clearly guilty. Jews do the same thing. you've got Jews defending Jews because they're Jews, basically. i find that Jews are more inclined to ignore the fact that Woody Allen is/was basically a pedophile and watch his movies, while non-Jews can't look beyond it.

there's a tendency amongst minorities to protect their own, whether it's killer, pedophile, or media attention whore.

HarlemHeat37
09-30-2010, 12:23 AM
Lebron pretty much ran that team. Gilbert enabled him and his entourage repeatedly, plus he allowed Lebron a big say in personnel decisions. Gilbert was like the nerdy kid who was happy to be around the star jock and if Lebron invited him to hang out with him when he was there, I'm sure Gilbert would have followed him around like an eager little puppy.

When Lebron left Gilbert acted like a jilted wife more than a slave owner. The only way that could have been more obvious is if Gilbert had talked about giving Lebron the best years of his life in his comic sans goodbye.

Gilbert allegedly giving Lebron "power" doesn't really mean anything..he didn't view him as an equal, he viewed him as a toy..he gave him what he wanted at the time to make him happy(so that he would elevate Gilbert's team, which in turn, makes Gilbert a lot of $), like you would do with your dog..then as soon as Lebron made a decision he had the right to make as a Free Agent, Gilbert commented on it like Lebron was his possession, like a slave, TBH..

he gets criticized for it because he didn't do it for the kids. he would've done it without the charity. it's the fact that he used the charity part to cover up the fact that he really did it because he's a media whore.

How do you know this?..

The Franchise
09-30-2010, 12:27 AM
No then if you actually expected an answer to that question.

lol Rocketfan getting butthurt over everything on this site

Not really. You're answers just seemed like a black man may have affected you on a personal level somehow. You throw around so many ######s and coons that I was just curious where the hate was coming from. By the way, the answer you originally gave to the question was priceless. :lmao

mingus
09-30-2010, 12:30 AM
Gilbert allegedly giving Lebron "power" doesn't really mean anything..he didn't view him as an equal, he viewed him as a toy..he gave him what he wanted at the time to make him happy(so that he would elevate Gilbert's team, which in turn, makes Gilbert a lot of $), like you would do with your dog..then as soon as Lebron made a decision he had the right to make as a Free Agent, Gilbert commented on it like Lebron was his possession, like a slave, TBH..

How do you know this?..

you don't have any proof that he did it for the kids, unless you want to say that what he says is proof.

to me, it's funny that Lebron decides to involve himself with charity all of a sudden as the whole free agency thing was going on.

Latarian Milton
09-30-2010, 12:33 AM

naw black people are not nearly prurient as the asians are tbh. IMHO it's just the innate lecherousness of asians that urges these small creatures to fuck so much hence to procreate such a monster population, you know which frothy land im referring to.

JamStone
09-30-2010, 12:33 AM
The question I still have is I recall LeBron and his "team" saying they were going to donate all the money to the Boys & Girls Club of America. And it's been documented that the special generated $6 million in ad revenue. And I keep reading how the BGCA got around a $3 million donation. Where did the rest of the money go? If it was for the kids, why didn't they donate all of it to the kids like they said they were, like they were making it seem like they were?

Latarian Milton
09-30-2010, 12:37 AM
Not really. You're answers just seemed like a black man may have affected you on a personal level somehow. You throw around so many ######s and coons that I was just curious where the hate was coming from. By the way, the answer you originally gave to the question was priceless. :lmao

what's the answer to your dumbness? you need to answer it before all tbh. IMHO he did filed an accurate response which however you seemed to have failed to notice because of your unbelievable stupidity.

BadOdor
09-30-2010, 12:37 AM
The question I still have is I recall LeBron and his "team" saying they were going to donate all the money to the Boys & Girls Club of America. And it's been documented that the special generated $6 million in ad revenue. And I keep reading how the BGCA got around a $3 million donation. Where did the rest of the money go? If it was for the kids, why didn't they donate all of it to the kids like they said they were, like they were making it seem like they were?

HH: "it was mostly for fucken kids:("

Zelophehad
09-30-2010, 12:42 AM

I don't know, I think you missed that part of Southern history where many slave owners took their slaves to the auction blocks and let them pick out the other slaves. The part where they populated the fields with completely worthless slaves who were only there because they were friends of a particular slave. Also, when those hired slaves then got to sit around and do nothing while getting paid. Plus don't forget all those slaves who were massively wealthy. Really slavery was often times run by the black man, and the slave owners were just happy to be able to get close to the king slaves.

Really, slaves biggest complaints back in the day was when they quit their jobs and picked another slave owner the old owner would badmouth them to the press. In the end slavery wasn't about the actual conditions black people lived in but in the unspoken condescension that white owners hid behind a thin veil of ass kissing and enabling.

The parallels are kind of creepy, really if you think about it the pro basketball court is basically the modern day cotton field.

JamStone
09-30-2010, 12:44 AM

How does giving everything your dog wants to keep him happy make you money?

I don't get the slave analogy at all. Gilbert catered to LeBron. Gilbert flew LeBron and his friends and family in his private jet, wined and dined him, praised him, doted on him. Did slaveowners wine and dine their slaves? Give them all sorts of luxurious perks? The analogy is misplaced.

The jilted lover is a more appropriate analogy. Even the "trophy wife" analogy. If you want to go harshly, even a pimp-hooker relationship. The slave analogy is wayyyyy out there. Because obviously, LeBron had the power dynamic in the relationship. Even if you want to exaggerate and say Dan Gilbert treated LeBron as a possession or as you say "toy," that doesn't automatically equate to a slavery mentality. I like the "trophy wife" analogy to describe more accurately. Because the trophy wife can leave the husband. The trophy wife gets all the doting and luxurious perks. It's such an extreme to jump to the slavery card.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-30-2010, 12:49 AM
as for the topic, my opinion is it's the same thing that happened when you had a lot of blacks defending Simpson when he was clearly guilty. Jews do the same thing. you've got Jews defending Jews because they're Jews, basically. i find that Jews are more inclined to ignore the fact that Woody Allen is/was basically a pedophile and watch his movies, while non-Jews can't look beyond it.

there's a tendency amongst minorities to protect their own, whether it's killer, pedophile, or media attention whore.
This is unfortunately true. I've lashed out at Jewish friends who defend the actions of Joe Leiberman and such telling them they make me embarrassed to be Jewish, but assholes like Leiberman are an embarrassment to Judaism.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-30-2010, 12:49 AM
On a race related note, my car was just broken into and I chased the Mexican who did it away with a golf club. Good times.

BUMP
09-30-2010, 12:58 AM
White people have been victims of race just as much as black people. Ever heard of the Holocaust?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-30-2010, 12:59 AM
lol 25 year old virgin

Koolaid_Man
09-30-2010, 01:02 AM
By Kurt Helin

Let me just start by saying Lebron is an even bigger asshole than I thought. He blames whitey for the aftermath of the decision but not for giving him that plastic crown he wears as king. For the record I don’t recall Kobe blaming whitey for his self-induced drama in Colorado. He never attributed any of it to race, except for the love of the white woman's asshole. Some say he snitched which was supposedly “bad” but what’s worse claiming racism when there is none or not living up to a street code of snitching.

Now let Kool just educate you sport fans for a second.

The real reason why the Black athlete is vilified goes back to emancipation or post slavery times. Jack Johnson - Koolaid’s personal hero along with Nat Turner ( who killed his white slave owners and many others) and in my eyes – unequivocally the most important man in black history post slavery held up the black race before MLK, Malcolm X, Marcus Garvey, Booker T Washington, you name him.

Jack was the son of former slaves and was the first black heavyweight champ of the world. He flaunted his status and slept with and married white women at will.

Now all that is fine and dandy but I say most important to me because what Jack did was more than level the playing field. Whites had been saying all along that Blacks were Inferior and to FINALLY PROVE their point they finally gave Jack a crack at fighting the best former white heavy weight champ at the time (Jim Jefferies) who had previously refused to fight a negro.

The United States sanctioning bodies billed the fight:
“THE FIGHT OF THE CENTURY: White Supremacy vs. Black Inferiority”

"Jim, you must win for the white race. You MUST." This was the never‑ending plea of the white public.

Before the fight, Billy Jordan, the leading ring announcer of the day, boldly introduced Jeffries "as the great white unbeaten heavyweight champion of the world", Johnson had asked the Judges not to permit that announcement since he was the heavyweight Champ.

Johnson was the champion, but he only shrugged when they told him Jeffries (the white guy) had demanded to enter the ring last. With his patented smile firmly in place, and wearing a gray silk robe and royal blue tights held up by an American-flag belt, Johnson was first into the ring. There was only one shady corner and Johnson laid claim to it. When it was Jeffries turn, he entered wearing a gray business suit and gray golf cap, which he quickly shed, revealing a pair of natty purple trunks and an American-flag belt. Their gloves were skintight leather and weighed four ounces each.

By the time both men were in the huge 28-foot ring, it was estimated that the day's temperature had hit 110 degrees. After Jeffries made his grand entrance, he went to Johnson and asked if he would mind tossing a coin to see which got the shady corner. Johnson declined to toss, but then he graciously offered the corner to Jeffries, who quickly took it. By agreement, the two men did not shake hands.

During the fight Jeffries trainer ( a man named Corbett) who openly hated all Blacks, Johnson more than most, and spoken often about his theory that Blacks were rendered useless fighters when enraged, screamed a steady stream of racial insults at the black champion. Johnson turned every Corbett insult aside with a smile, usually just before or just after belting Jeffries. That Johnson refused to be baited only further enflamed the ex- white champion.

In the fourth, Johnson began hammering his left jab into Jeffries’ reddening face. "I can go on like this all afternoon, Mr. Jeff," he said, politely.

Opening round five, Jeffries’ breathing began to quicken. Johnson began to score with uppercuts to the face, leaving Jeffries's features well marked and blood leaking from the mouth. At the close of round five, his was the weary walk of the condemned man stumbling up a gallows’ steps.

In the sixth, a Johnson punch ripped open an old scar over Jeffries's left eye; gushing blood began to impair his vision. Johnson went after the cut, widening it, closing the eye. By the eighth round, Jeffries, knowing he was getting sorely whipped, began to throw desperation punches, but he was exhausted and the few blows that did land were weak and ineffective. Johnson acknowledged the weak assaults only with a flash of his golden teeth.

During the ninth round, Corbett yelled: "Make the big stiff fight." Johnson laughed, and remarked: "That's right. Yeah, that's what they all say."
At the end of the round, before he sat down, Jeffries snarled at Corbett: “Shut up. All that stuff out of your mouth just makes him hit harder.”

The crowd soon was aware that the bleeding and partially blinded Great White Hope had no chance . The only remaining hope was that Jeffries would go the full distance, 45 rounds. No one wanted to see their hero on his broad back with a Black man standing over him.

By round 12, Jeffries mouth was cut inside; his nose was broken and bleeding; he was cut over his left eye; his face and eyes were swollen and covered with blood. And he was still chewing gum.

At the bell to open the 13th, Johnson came quickly from his corner; Jeffries' approach to center ring was more reluctant. Chewing fiercely, he seemed barely able to stand. His corner men, Corbett and the others, had urged him to stay on his stool, but he had refused. He had told them that he would continue to fight until Johnson knocked him out. The crowd screamed for the towel to be tossed in, but Rickard, either fearing for his life or wanting to create as much fight film as possible, refused to stop the fight.

The 14th round was intense and brutal. Johnson punished his helpless opponent without pause; almost out on his feet, Jeffries refused to fall. Staggering back to his corner, he was barely conscious, on his feet only through the tremendous force of his courage and will. At one point in the round, as he battered his challenger, Johnson asked: "How do you feel, Jim. How do you like that?" After taking three more lefts, Jeffries mumbled: "They don't hurt." As the round ended, the writers leaped up, crowd surged forward, ready to invade the ring. They wanted it ended before Jeffries was knocked out.

The hammer had hardly struck the bell to open the 15th when Johnson, who had enough of his own taunt and thrash tactics, charged across the ring, signaling that playtime was over. His first punch, a shattering blow to the jaw, sent Jeffries tumbling out of the ring. Well-meaning friends sent the dazed challenger tumbling back inside the ropes.

Praying for divine intervention, Rickard ignored the rule’s violation; he picked up the count from the timekeeper. Fans shouted for Jeffries to stay down, but he refused, rising just before Rickard could reach 10. Johnson dropped him again with a rain of hard blows. Hardly had Jeffries gained his feet this time, when a left‑right combination draped him over a lower rope, leaving him hanging half out of the ring.

The reaction of the horrified crowd was silence . It was as though the people had just watched a favored and much loved thoroughbred fall, break his leg, and then be destroyed. Quietly, sadly, they claimed their weapons and filed out of the arena. Most took the sensible approach and headed for the nearest saloon. Across the nations, thousands of other men who had crowded the fronts of newspaper offices to hear news of the fight found their own bars, there to brood and think ugly thoughts. The emotions laid naked by the fight were real, and now uncovered, in some cases would prove deadly.

Wrote London after the fight: "Once again has Johnson sent down to defeat the chosen representative of the white race and this time the greatest of them. And as of old, it was play for Johnson...It was not a great battle after all, save in its setting and significance...Johnson played as usual...And he played and fought a white man, in the white man's country, before a white man's audience...The greatest fight of the century was a monologue delivered to twenty thousand spectators by a smiling Negro who was never in doubt and never serious for more than a moment at a time..

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/Koolbreezey/johnson_jeff.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/Koolbreezey/6a00d8341c630a53ef0133f209aa45970b.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/Koolbreezey/51eWmL--xxL_SL500_AA280_.jpg

Two hours after the fight, Johnson boarded a special train headed for Chicago. He and his female attendants partied all night.

Many people died following this fight. Angry Whites were enraged and started killing blacks and riots ensued as fighting broke out.

You can learn more here:
http://www.pbs.org/unforgivableblackness/flash/main.html

You can watch online here:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3941234831530955111#

HarlemHeat37
09-30-2010, 01:03 AM

It's already been reported that 3 million $ went to the B&G, which was by far the biggest portion, and the other 3 million $ went to other charities..

How does giving everything your dog wants to keep him happy make you money?

I don't get the slave analogy at all. Gilbert catered to LeBron. Gilbert flew LeBron and his friends and family in his private jet, wined and dined him, praised him, doted on him. Did slaveowners wine and dine their slaves? Give them all sorts of luxurious perks? The analogy is misplaced.

The dog analogy had nothing to do with the money part..I compared the two, because Gilbert viewed Lebron as a pet, as a slave, like he was his master..it wasn't meant to be a complex analogy, just a simple statement:lol..

Michael Wilbon: For those who feel Gilbert's reaction was indeed like that of a master being ticked off he'd lost a slave, LeBron isn't being judged, GILBERT is being judged. LeBron's status is that of a millionaire many times over. I know he's not a slave. Gilbert reacted like he owned LeBron, like LeBron was his to what he wanted to do in perpetuity. And Rev. Jackson ain't the only black person who feels this way. I felt that way when I heard it and joked about it, though I did not write it. Perhaps I should have...And I've traded dozens of e-mails and text messages with black people, mostly black men, who feel the same way...that Gilbert's reaction told a ton about who HE is. Look, the criticism of LeBron, most of it, is totally legit. You can come at LeBron from a number of angles and express disappointment, just on the face of his actions. But we're not talking about LeBron's actions, we're talking about GILBERT's...If LeBron is a bad a person as Gilbert says, why was Gilbert trying to desperately to retain him and pay him $120 million? LeBron's actions were okay, as long as he was Gilbert's boy...but the moment he went somewhere else, LeBron was poison...Rev. Jackson was giving voice to something most people--most white people--don't have access to, which is to say the daily thoughts of black people in America when they're not famous and don't have shoe deals. I haven't talked to a black man yet, not one, who didn't feel in some way shape or form that Gilbert's reactions gave us a view into who he is. I don't expect everybody to agree with that. We all have different points of view, as should be the case in America. But that damn sure is mine, and that of a ton of people I know.

I can't speak on this from a personal standpoint..while I am not Caucasian, I'm also not African American, and I wouldn't feel comfortable speaking personally about something that I have no familiarity with, since neither I nor my ancestors went through this..I can only take the opinions of credible African Americans, such as Lebron James, Jesse Jackson and Michael Wilbon(just to name a few), since they can obviously relate a lot more than I can..

Trainwreck2100
09-30-2010, 01:07 AM
lol 25 year old virgin

the fuck?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-30-2010, 01:07 AM
I can't speak on this from a personal standpoint..while I am not Caucasian, I'm also not African American, and I wouldn't feel comfortable speaking personally about something that I have no familiarity with, since neither I nor my ancestors went through this..I can only take the opinions of credible African Americans, such as Lebron James, Jesse Jackson and Michael Wilbon(just to name a few), since they can obviously relate a lot more than I can..
Modern day African Americans have no familiarity with slavery either, they only act like they do to victimize themselves. I know as much about being a slave as Jesse Jackson, Mike Wilbon, or Al Sharpton do. As a matter of fact, my ancestors have experienced more recent brutal persecution than black people have.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-30-2010, 01:08 AM
the fuck?
Jacob1983, the guy BUMP was immitating, is a 25 year old virgin.

Trainwreck2100
09-30-2010, 01:10 AM

if he was born in 83 wouldn't that make him 27?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-30-2010, 01:11 AM
if he was born in 83 wouldn't that make him 27?
Idk if he was born in 1983, that's just his username, but come to think of it he's prolly 26 by now.

Stringer_Bell
09-30-2010, 01:16 AM
I have a simple observation which sets up the reason why Blacks and Whites had differences in their perception of Lebron...

- Whites saw power and attention as the issue for Lebron going to the Heat.
- Blacks bought the "do what's best for you and your family" schtik for Lebron going to the Heat.

It's much easier to believe a person from your own race when they say "I did it for my family" than someone of a different race.

BUMP
09-30-2010, 01:20 AM

Where did he reveal this? :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-30-2010, 01:21 AM
Where did he reveal this? :lol
IronMexican is the guy to ask about that.

BUMP
09-30-2010, 01:22 AM
Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if he just revealed it to everybody. He's not afraid to let anyone know about his personal life. It was either him or Darrin, one time in the club, revealed that they got molested when they were 15 or something

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-30-2010, 01:23 AM
I can't believe the guy who broke into my car barely got away because I couldn't hear the alarm fast enough over the sound of this lovely song that I was listening to during the robbery:

sHtAy2KHnk4

Fpoonsie
09-30-2010, 01:24 AM
Race also played a role in his man-child size and uncanny athletic ability.

You're welcome, you piece a' shit...

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-30-2010, 01:25 AM
Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if he just revealed it to everybody. He's not afraid to let anyone know about his personal life. It was either him or Darrin, one time in the club, revealed that they got molested when they were 15 or something
I could see Darrin writing an essay about how he knew he was bi when he was molested at the age of 15 and enjoyed it.

The Franchise
09-30-2010, 01:28 AM
what's the answer to your dumbness? you need to answer it before all tbh. IMHO he did filed an accurate response which however you seemed to have failed to notice because of your unbelievable stupidity.

Time for a new troll this one is pretty shitty.

BUMP
09-30-2010, 01:30 AM
Still funnier than anything Rocketfan has ever posted

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-30-2010, 01:33 AM
I Bleed Rockets Red

The Franchise
09-30-2010, 01:34 AM
Still funnier than anything Rocketfan has ever posted

Don't take it personally, just do better next time. If you want me to help just ask. :toast

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-30-2010, 01:35 AM
lol thinking Latarian Milton BUMP's troll.

The Franchise
09-30-2010, 01:35 AM
I Bleed Rockets Red

I'm sure you do, but they have products for that. :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-30-2010, 01:37 AM
I'm sure you do, but they have products for that. :lol
They have products for bleeding red? Weird, I always thought bleeding red was normal.

redzero
09-30-2010, 01:39 AM

Dan Gilbert wasn't polled. Even if he did treat LeBron like a slave, that's got nothing to do with how everybody else feels about LeBron.

It's kind of ridiculous how you make well thought out posts when talking about everything but LeBron and the Lakers.

The Franchise
09-30-2010, 01:42 AM
They have products for bleeding red? Weird, I always thought bleeding red was normal.

Doesn't it turn burgundy if you wait to long to cleanse yourself?

J.T.
09-30-2010, 01:49 AM
Doesn't it turn burgundy if you wait to long to cleanse yourself?

more like dried red tbh

lurker
09-30-2010, 01:55 AM
I definitely think if Brett Favre wasn't black, he wouldn't be as hated as he is.

ezau
09-30-2010, 02:06 AM

A Jew talking smack about race? Give me a fucking break DOK

spurs10
09-30-2010, 02:24 AM

Coon? Fuck you...you rascist piece of shit.

HarlemHeat37
09-30-2010, 02:25 AM

:lmao:lmao

spurs10
09-30-2010, 02:28 AM
:lmao:lmao:toast

HarlemHeat37
09-30-2010, 02:31 AM
It's kind of ridiculous how you make well thought out posts when talking about everything but LeBron and the Lakers.

Come on man..

BadOdor
09-30-2010, 02:32 AM
We jews are gods people, it's not our fualt god has chosen us over the coons/wetbacks/spics/crackas of this earth.

Science Geek
09-30-2010, 02:35 AM
We jews are gods people, it's not our fualt god has chosen us over the coons/wetbacks/spics/crackas of this earth.

Long time ago, God created humans. The humans, under the influence of the one named Satan, chose to do things against God's will. Moving on to the present, what I mean to say is that under the terror of Uncle Hitler, Jews have become easily butthurt and God has abandoned all of the Jews since WWII.

BadOdor
09-30-2010, 02:37 AM
Long time ago, God created humans. The humans, under the influence of the one named Satan, chose to do things against God's will. Moving on to the present, what I mean to say is that under the terror of Uncle Hitler, Jews have become easily butthurt and God has abandoned all of the Jews since WWII.

Tbh losing 6 mil of our brethren is a small price to pay to get our own country where we can regulate arabs/towel heads/dune coons.

ezau
09-30-2010, 02:53 AM

Why did six million ended up getting skunked and gassed by Uncle Hitler?

ezau
09-30-2010, 02:55 AM
Tbh losing 6 mil of our brethren is a small price to pay to get our own country where we can regulate arabs/towel heads/dune coons.

So what's the point of the entire holocaust narrative when a Jew like you says that six million of your brethren don't count anyways?

lol not belonging to the Aryan race
lol Nazi experiments
lol buying Israel from the English
lol slaves of the ancient Egyptians

redzero
09-30-2010, 02:57 AM
ezau, I didn't know that you were really antisemitic.

BadOdor
09-30-2010, 03:02 AM
So what's the point of the entire holocaust narrative when a Jew like you says that six million of your brethren don't count anyways?

lol not belonging to the Aryan race
lol Nazi experiments
lol buying Israel from the English
lol slaves of the ancient Egyptians

Omar, I know the death and subsequent eye-socket fucking of your wife has made you doubt in god.

I assure you, god still loves you. He works in mysterious ways, and you will just have to trust him that having your wife commit suicide and have her eye socket get plowed by a necrophiliac is part of his plan.

God bless.

ezau
09-30-2010, 03:08 AM
Omar, I know the death and subsequent eye-socket fucking of your wife has made you doubt in god.

I assure you, god still loves you. He works in mysterious ways, and you will just have to trust him that having your wife commit suicide and have her eye socket get plowed by a necrophiliac is part of his plan.

God bless.

Umm, last I checked, Jews sent my God to the cross and nailed him without mercy.

redzero
09-30-2010, 03:12 AM
Umm, last I checked, Jews sent my God to the cross and nailed him without mercy.

I thought your god was a Jew.

Giuseppe
09-30-2010, 03:14 AM
Why did six million ended up getting skunked

I'm a trend setter.

I set trends.

ezau
09-30-2010, 03:20 AM
I'm a trend setter.

I set trends.

Cubby, Uncle Hitler's skunker of the Jews was the greatest skunking event of all time. The Spurs' skunker by the Suns simply pales in comparison.

Giuseppe
09-30-2010, 03:40 AM
- There is as answer to the doctor's question. All the Dachaus must remain standing. The Dachaus, the Belsens, the Buchenwalds, the Auschwitzes--all of them. They must remain standing because they are a monument to a moment in time when some men decided to turn the Earth into a graveyard. Into it they shoveled all of their reason, their logic, their knowledge, but worst of all, their conscience. And the moment we forget this, the moment we cease to be haunted by its remembrance, then we become the gravediggers. Something to dwell on and remember, not only in the Twilight Zone but wherever men walk God's Earth."

- Rod Serling - 11/10/1961

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-30-2010, 08:07 AM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-30-2010, 08:11 AM
lol as usual, ezau aka deadwifedynasty gets regulated by trying to bring up Holocaust smack.

SenorSpur
09-30-2010, 08:21 AM

LeBron playing the "race card" to justify WHY he made his decision is nothing more than a goddamn copout excuse. It's why I hated seeing Jesse Jackson open his mouth to do the same. It tends to spark a slew of negative backlash. The "R" card has become nothing more than an crutch that, when improperly used, tneds to "blur the picture" when "real" issues of race should be exposed and discussed.

As much as I"m embarrassed by its misuse, epsecially in this case, and as much as there is some truth in your points, it's a dangerous thing to make "blanket" statements about an entire race of people. There are always exceptions.

Lebron didn't leave Clevand because of race. He left because he wanted to pursue the shortest, quickest and easiest path toward success. As part of this microwave society we live in, this is further proof that some celebrities and athletes want the money, fame and trappings that come with success. However, they shrivel under the criticism and pressure. It's just easier.

For the record, Lebron has publically come out as a Yankees and Cowboys fan, which makes him a goddamn frontrunner himself. For all we know, he may secretly be a Fakers fan too.

Homeland Security
09-30-2010, 08:45 AM

"Waaaaah, I have race guilt." Get over it, you pussy.

Giuseppe
09-30-2010, 08:45 AM
As part of this microwave society we live in, this is further proof that some celebrities and athletes want the money, fame and trappings that come with success. However, they shrivel under the criticism and pressure. It's just easier.

Outstanding.

JamStone
09-30-2010, 08:53 AM
It's already been reported that 3 million $ went to the B&G, which was by far the biggest portion, and the other 3 million $ went to other charities..

When the whole thing started, LeBron and his "team" made a big fuss about "all" the money going to the BGCA.

We all know that "other charities" = the Maverick Carter fund for hookers and cocaine.

That's all I'm saying.

The dog analogy had nothing to do with the money part..I compared the two, because Gilbert viewed Lebron as a pet, as a slave, like he was his master..it wasn't meant to be a complex analogy, just a simple statement:lol..

I know what you were saying. The way it was written was poorly constructed. You should probably improve your use of parentheticals.

he gave him what he wanted at the time to make him happy(so that he would elevate Gilbert's team, which in turn, makes Gilbert a lot of $), like you would do with your dog

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-30-2010, 08:58 AM
We all know that "other charities" = the Maverick Carter fund for hookers and cocaine.
For the hookers :cry! For the cocaine :cry!

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-30-2010, 09:00 AM
Maverick Carter is extremely lucky. As JoeTait has already said, if not for Lebron James, he'd be working at a McDonalds in South Cleveland, "axing" customers if they wanted any fries with their Big Mac.

SenorSpur
09-30-2010, 09:15 AM
Maverick Carter is extremely lucky. As JoeTait has already said, if not for Lebron James, he'd be working at a McDonalds in South Cleveland, "axing" customers if they wanted any fries with their Big Mac.

He's seemingly more qualified for the South Cleveland job.

resistanze
09-30-2010, 09:18 AM
Gaining undue positions of power due to connections/nepotism/cronyism? Sounds like your average businessman to me :lol

rjv
09-30-2010, 09:19 AM
is this a klan site ?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-30-2010, 09:21 AM
:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry

rjv
09-30-2010, 09:44 AM
i see duncanownskobe learned to use the emoticons feature. seems even the most banal and cliched intellect can make an attempt at significance thanks to technology

George Gervin's Afro
09-30-2010, 09:52 AM
Poor lebron...

Venti Quattro
09-30-2010, 10:31 AM
On a race related note, my car was just broken into and I chased the Mexican who did it away with a golf club. Good times.

IronedMexican

rickross
09-30-2010, 10:32 AM
da racism in here is abominable. thank god smart white people invented welfare to balance such thangs out.

Ashy Larry
09-30-2010, 11:14 AM
Chuck

Magic

Mike

Larry

damn, now LeBron can throw white folks on that list

Muser
09-30-2010, 12:54 PM
Why does Harlem end every sentence with ...?

DeadlyDynasty
09-30-2010, 01:13 PM
Chuck

Magic

Mike

Larry

damn, now LeBron can throw white folks on that list

and that's where he f'ed up...you don't mess with the man

http://www.assassinations.net/lorrainemotel233.jpg

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-30-2010, 01:17 PM
i see duncanownskobe learned to use the emoticons feature. seems even the most banal and cliched intellect can make an attempt at significance thanks to technology
:lmao you've been studying for the SATs? Good boy.

BlairForceDejuan
09-30-2010, 03:43 PM

:rollin

DeadlyDynasty
09-30-2010, 04:05 PM
Sure did LeBron, b/c you are a (drumroll)...
XCbrEbEyheM

SomeCallMeTim
09-30-2010, 04:15 PM
I'm the only person on ST who doesn't get the "Aaron" troll it seems. Anyone have a thread link to what it's referencing?

BadOdor
09-30-2010, 04:17 PM
I'm the only person on ST who doesn't get the "Aaron" troll it seems. Anyone have a thread link to what it's referencing?

Just read any darrin post and you'll get it.

SenorSpur
09-30-2010, 04:26 PM
In all honesty, Lebron playing the race card is a joke. While racial issues are very much still a part of this society, I sincerely doubt that he would know a racial incident if he ever encountered one. He doesn't live in the world of the average black man. LeBrick lives in a pampered world of special helpers and assistants, velvet rope VIP entrances and a variety of groupies and sycophants.

Again, no one can ever quibble with LeBrick's decision to leave. However, it's the petty, classless way in which he shit upon fans and an organization, on his way out. This after holding them and the league hostage for many, many weeks.

In the summer of 1996, Shaq bailed out on the Orlando Magic in free agency, leaving them high and dry for the bright lights of L.A. While he was reviled for his decision and of course, he spewed his usual brand of unnecessary verbal venom against the town and the organization after he left, he didn't go on National TV and promote his decision. He didn't so blatantly rub it in the face of everyone before millions of people.

Lebron can say what he wants, but the fact of the matter is neither HE nor his handlers are willing to accept any of the responsibility for the publich backlash that has befallen him resulting from his own actions. It make sense because he's never taken responsibility for anything. Nothing is ever his fault.

Lebron is a superstar athlete and mega-celebrity, but he's a spoiled brat - and probably has been one ever since he could dribble. He's the pampered, spoiled brat that runs through Wal-Mart, tearing up the aisles, knocking shit off the shelves, bumping into people and blaming everyone else for not getting out of his way. Lebron is the brat and the NBA is now his Wal-Mart. Now when adversity sets in, he's ready to step up and play the race card.

He should try explaining his pain and suffering to the numerous black inmates, who've been wrongly incarcerated for decades for crimes they did not commit. Those who were jailed simply for no other reason than they just happened to be black. I'm sure that will go over well.

BUMP
09-30-2010, 04:26 PM

Making fun of the Darrin poster, who usually rights long essays when he posts and is overly-emotional about things. Basically treats ST like his diary.

If Aaron really wanted to move into the upper echelon of trolling he would talk to himself on his profile page

BUMP
09-30-2010, 04:29 PM
*writes

TheMACHINE
09-30-2010, 04:38 PM
just another example of the white man keeping a blackman down.

HarlemHeat37
09-30-2010, 04:38 PM
:lol you couldn't just edit from the post?..

Ashy Larry
09-30-2010, 04:48 PM
just another example of the white man keeping a blackman down.

damn pinktoe, patty crackers

SomeCallMeTim
09-30-2010, 04:59 PM
Just read any darrin post and you'll get it.

Ah. Thanks. :lol

Bukefal
09-30-2010, 05:27 PM
By Kurt Helin

pff come on :lol

Yes he got a lot of haters because of it, but to say race was a factor, that's just a load of crap. It did not have anything to do with it. I don't hate LeBron, but if he doesnt have any better thing to say, he should just not talk about it. Sad excuse.

ducks
09-30-2010, 06:35 PM
james why is brett hated
why is mat leinhart hated
james you are making a bigger ass out of yourself
you should learn to shut that big pie hole of yours up
you ran to wades team
you quite on the team
you could be white and people would have bashed you the same for what you did

but wait you say white men can not jump

kamikazi_player
09-30-2010, 06:37 PM
omg how can anyone read ducks post?

HarlemHeat37
09-30-2010, 06:40 PM
james why is brett hated
you ran to wades team
you quite on the team

:lmao:lmao:lmao

What a way to end the usual Ducks post full of greatness..

Daddy_Of_All_Trolls
09-30-2010, 07:12 PM
I worked my way through this thread, lot of Lulz. Anyway, I am not here to judge LeBron. Honestly, as much as I bash him, what he did was his own choice. What happens as a result, he lives with, or ignores. Race may be playing an issue here, I don't know. All I do know is, LeBron is keeping the "Decision" and its ramifications alive by bringing it back up. If no one talks about it, it may go away. I don't see how he profits from defending what he already did. If LeBron wins multiple rings because of the "Decision" that's going to take years to happen. He said he wanted 8. That should take him until his late 30's if he can do it. 8 titles in 12 years would be a remarkable feat. However, that outcome is still 12 year away. He may end up with 3 rings like Larry Bird. That's about the same time frame. If he wins more with his move than he could have won staying in Cleveland, then he made the right choice for himself. The future is a long way off. His dreams will succeed in full, partially, or not at all. Sit back and enjoy the ride. But focus on the journey, not the past.

Giuseppe
09-30-2010, 07:14 PM
He said he wanted 8.

Well, pish posh.

Daddy_Of_All_Trolls
09-30-2010, 07:16 PM
Well, pish posh.

They asked Magic Johnson after game 6 vs. Philly in 1980 how many more he wanted. He said "About 20". He got 4 more. IMO if LeBron beats Bird in rings, it's a huge success and everything above that is gravy.

Ginobili2Duncan
09-30-2010, 07:18 PM
While I do not agree with the way LeBron handled his decision, I do think that this issue had some racial overtones. I think what older generation African Americans saw, was a black superstar athlete make his decision as a free agent. Then, a white owner puts a letter talking down on LeBron, putting curses on him and calling him a traitor. Most African Americans were offended whether you agree with it or not. Also, it certainly didn't help that the media only showed whites burning LeBron's jersey.

Some of my black friends who hardly ever watch NBA games side with LeBron on this issue. Meanwhile, some of my white friends, who do not watch any NBA games think LeBron was wrong for leaving Cleveland.

TheMACHINE
09-30-2010, 07:18 PM
i thought white guys like slaves.

TheMACHINE
09-30-2010, 07:19 PM
Some of my black friends who hardly ever watch NBA games side with LeBron on this issue. Meanwhile, some of my white friends, who do not watch any NBA games think LeBron was wrong for leaving Cleveland.

its like black people who think Mayweather is the best, while every other race things pacquiao is.

Cant go against your race son.

Ginobili2Duncan
09-30-2010, 07:28 PM
its like black people who think Mayweather is the best, while every other race things pacquiao is.

Cant go against your race son.

Matt Ryan vs Micheal Vick in Atlanta also had some racial overtones too.

DeadlyDynasty
09-30-2010, 08:41 PM
i thought white guys like slaves.

we tolerate them...that cotton's not gonna pick itself

ezau
10-01-2010, 03:31 AM
lol as usual, ezau aka deadwifedynasty gets regulated by trying to bring up Holocaust smack.

:cry:cry:cryyou're such a winner, just like your uncles and aunts who got skunked by the Fuhrer:cry:cry:cry

Deimosfobos
10-01-2010, 03:47 AM
I didn't know Lebron was white in Cleveland...

What color was Jordan again?

duncan228
10-01-2010, 02:00 PM
Charles Barkley on LeBron: "Just when you think it couldn't get any stupider..." (http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/10/charles-barkley-on-lebron-just-when-you-think-it-couldnt-get-any-stupider.php)
By Kurt Helin

Well, the chances of Charles Barkley and TNT getting a one-on-one sit down with LeBron just fell to below zero...

Charles Barkley went on WIP in Philadelphia with Howard Eskin and Ike Reese (http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/show/howard-eskin-ike-reese/), primarily to talk about football (http://sportsradiointerviews.com/2010/10/01/charles-barkley-on-lebrons-latest-race-comments-%E2%80%9Cit%E2%80%99s-like-watching-a-movie-just-when-you-think-it-couldn%E2%80%99t-get-any-stupider-it-gets-more-stupid-%E2%80%9D/) because... sorry, don't have an answer for that one. But Barkley talked McNabb coming back to Philly Sunday.

Then, of course, somebody asked him about LeBron saying race played some role in the backlash to his decision (http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/lebron-james-says-race-played-role-in-backlash-to-his-decision.php) and... here we go:

"It's like watching a movie. Just when you think it couldn't get any stupider, it gets more stupid...

"Howard I'm telling you. Sometimes you just say he's making bad decisions and you're like okay, he's gonna get it together. Then he makes more bad decisions. The thing that's interesting about LeBron, I don't think Magic, Michael, and myself, we said we wouldn't have did it. That's not a criticism. We were asked a question. I don't want to play with Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, or Michael, I want to beat them. That's strictly basketball. The only criticism I've heard about LeBron and it was my biggest criticism, that decision thing was just stupid. It was stupid. The second thing when they all came out there dancing around on stage, that was silly. That's the only thing I've heard LeBron get criticized about. That has nothing to do with race. That's what makes this last thing so stupid. That's stupid. The only criticism of LeBron has been the decision and the one hour of our life that we can't have back. And ESPN, oh my God. Oh my God. To go down to training camp and report everyday is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen. I'm watching yesterday and one of the guys actually said LeBron looked fierce in practice. I'm like fierce in practice? What the hell does that mean? He was fierce in the second day of training camp. You're like come on man, he really didn't say that did he. This summer with LeBron and all the stuff that went on is like a bad movie. You just can't make this stuff up."

No you can't make stuff like this up.

ogait
10-01-2010, 03:50 PM
"It's like watching a movie. Just when you think it couldn't get any stupider, it gets more stupid..."

:lol Barkley calling it like he sees it. Just another mental note for Lebron I guess.

Jt.ONE
10-01-2010, 04:08 PM
i officially believe lebron is the dumbest idiot on earth.

ezau
10-01-2010, 08:49 PM
Charles Barkley on LeBron: "Just when you think it couldn't get any stupider..." (http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/10/charles-barkley-on-lebron-just-when-you-think-it-couldnt-get-any-stupider.php)
By Kurt Helin

Well, the chances of Charles Barkley and TNT getting a one-on-one sit down with LeBron just fell to below zero...

Charles Barkley went on WIP in Philadelphia with Howard Eskin and Ike Reese (http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/show/howard-eskin-ike-reese/), primarily to talk about football (http://sportsradiointerviews.com/2010/10/01/charles-barkley-on-lebrons-latest-race-comments-%E2%80%9Cit%E2%80%99s-like-watching-a-movie-just-when-you-think-it-couldn%E2%80%99t-get-any-stupider-it-gets-more-stupid-%E2%80%9D/) because... sorry, don't have an answer for that one. But Barkley talked McNabb coming back to Philly Sunday.

Then, of course, somebody asked him about LeBron saying race played some role in the backlash to his decision (http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/lebron-james-says-race-played-role-in-backlash-to-his-decision.php) and... here we go:

"It's like watching a movie. Just when you think it couldn't get any stupider, it gets more stupid...

"Howard I'm telling you. Sometimes you just say he's making bad decisions and you're like okay, he's gonna get it together. Then he makes more bad decisions. The thing that's interesting about LeBron, I don't think Magic, Michael, and myself, we said we wouldn't have did it. That's not a criticism. We were asked a question. I don't want to play with Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, or Michael, I want to beat them. That's strictly basketball. The only criticism I've heard about LeBron and it was my biggest criticism, that decision thing was just stupid. It was stupid. The second thing when they all came out there dancing around on stage, that was silly. That's the only thing I've heard LeBron get criticized about. That has nothing to do with race. That's what makes this last thing so stupid. That's stupid. The only criticism of LeBron has been the decision and the one hour of our life that we can't have back. And ESPN, oh my God. Oh my God. To go down to training camp and report everyday is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen. I'm watching yesterday and one of the guys actually said LeBron looked fierce in practice. I'm like fierce in practice? What the hell does that mean? He was fierce in the second day of training camp. You're like come on man, he really didn't say that did he. This summer with LeBron and all the stuff that went on is like a bad movie. You just can't make this stuff up."

No you can't make stuff like this up.

I never thought I would say this, but Lebron's summer antics are a lot worse than all the Twilight movies combined.

Giuseppe
10-01-2010, 09:13 PM
i officially believe lebron is the dumbest idiot on earth.

Though Hussein Obama is giving him a legit run for his money.

tee, hee.

gmartin02
10-02-2010, 02:37 PM

Sounds like you need to be mugged by by a couple of white guys - then you won't associate mugging with skin color - you can just be scared by everybody equally when you walk down the street.

gmartin02
10-02-2010, 02:39 PM
Though Hussein Obama is giving him a legit run for his money.

tee, hee.
Birther slime - go back to your Tea Party meeting

duncan228
10-02-2010, 05:38 PM
George Karl: Jealousy to Blame for Criticism of LeBron's 'Decision' (http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/10/02/george-karl-jealousy-to-blame-for-criticism-of-lebrons-decisi/)
By Chris Tomasson

It's not racism. It's jealousy.

At least that's the word from Denver coach George Karl.

Karl told reporters Saturday he doesn't believe there's racism attached to the criticism LeBron James received for his ESPN "The Decision'' show last July in which he announced he would leave Cleveland as a free agent for Miami. In a CNN interview earlier this week, James and his manager, Maverick Carter, said there were some racist overtones to it (http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/09/30/lebron-james-believes-race-a-factor-in-the-decision-backlash/) when asked if race was a factor.

"People are jealous,'' Karl said of James going to Miami. "The guy's making a lot of money. Some people are thinking he might be the best player ever to play the game of basketball. There was something to those two or three days (around when James announced his decision) that just didn't feel good. So you got to blame somebody, don't you? You can't blame the system.

"I think LeBron is tremendous for the game. I think he's worth every penny he's getting paid. But I don't think it's a race situation. It's like, I like looking at pretty women but I don't think I'm a sexist. I think I'm very open to women's rights but I do think they're pretty.''

Karl believes seeing Heat president Pat Riley pull off the coup of landing James and fellow free agent Chris Bosh to join a re-signed Dwyane Wade also played a role.

"We were probably jealous,'' Karl said of the Nuggets' thinking when Miami assembled its superteam. "We were scared that MIami is going to win the championship. There was talk of Riley succeeding at doing something that nobody thought (possible). All of us who have been beaten by Riley probably got some conscious anger because of that.''

Riley has won five titles as an NBA coach. He beat Karl just once during those championship drives, his Lakers defeating Karl's Golden State Warriors 4-1 in a 1987 West second-round series.

Giuseppe
10-02-2010, 06:17 PM
Birther slime - go back to your Tea Party meeting

Gotcha!

Steve Kerr
10-02-2010, 06:57 PM
james why is brett hated
you ran to wades team
you quite on the team

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao

ALWAYS bet on BLACK
10-02-2010, 07:07 PM
Ha duncann2238 ever posted an original thread or is she just some form of forum-bot bitch that steals off others websites?

DickTraceyMatters
10-03-2010, 03:30 AM
Cue the theme from MEMPHIS BEAT..........

CHAIN CHAIN CHAIN

CHAIN UF FUULLLLLLLLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

LOLLLLLLLZZZZZZZZZZ